PDA

View Full Version : Serena discusses Kvitova's predictable win over Woz, forgets Oudin's name

Kworb
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Some insightful stuff in Serena's press conference :worship:

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2010-06-29/201006291277840891412.html

Q. How do you feel about your next opponent, Kvitova?

SERENA WILLIAMS: She's a good player. I mean, I've actually thought she would get through in the early rounds. I'm not surprised that I'm playing her.

She is lefty. She's really, really good.

Q. What made you think she'd get through?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, early in the tournament, I saw her playing a couple rounds and I was like, Wow, she's doing really well. She was just hitting the ball so clean.

Obviously, when she beat Wozniacki I wasn't surprised, because I just saw how well she was doing and how well she was playing.

She's a really tough player, especially on grass.

[...]

Q. Similar question: Why do you think there aren't more young American women coming up?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I think there are a lot of young American women coming up. I just think it's getting the opportunity to break through. We saw the young girl at the US Open break through. She's doing well. There's a lot of other players. The Fed Cup are in the finals. Venus and I weren't even able to play this year. So it's consistent two years.

There was a whole new team, a lot of bright players beating a lot of people.

Wiggly
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:07 PM
The young girl. :rolls:

The "I wasn't surprised" isn't that controversial as any good player know she can beat Wozniacki easily if she hit hard between the lines.

ce
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:11 PM
:sobbing:
i just love her

slamchamp
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:14 PM
lol Serena is funny in her interviews no one can deny that:lol:

Olórin
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Serena has a harder time dominating quote of the day with Martina around, but this is why it was so good when both were at their peaks and interviewing all the time.

HRHoliviasmith
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:15 PM
:hysteric:

Gdsimmons
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:16 PM
The young girl!! :haha::haha:

Ferg
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:17 PM
:spit:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:18 PM
the young girl *EPIC DEATH*

jefrilibra
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:20 PM
:haha:

omoruyi

so what will the rankings of caro, venus, clijsters & dementieva be next month/week?

Galsen
the young girl , dead

KamilZ
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:22 PM
:lol: :haha:

delicatecutter
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:24 PM
:spit: Serena!!! :worship:

Marcell
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:32 PM
What is this obsession with Fed CUP? She is trying to get to the finals of Wimbledon and she should be thinking about Fed Cup.

ClijstersGOAT
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:34 PM

so what will the rankings of caro, venus, clijsters & dementieva be next month/week?

3, 4, 7, 6.

omoruyi
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:36 PM
^ thanx!!

brickhousesupporter
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:37 PM
That is right Serena. Do not acknowledge her presence. She is beneath you.

Nico_E
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:43 PM
"The young Girl" :spit:

ffs, translate that too "i'm the only name worth mentioning in tennis, the rest.. who cares"

what an awful human being

Diesel
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:56 PM

Truth!

edificio
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:04 PM

ffs, translate that too "i'm the only name worth mentioning in tennis, the rest.. who cares"

Sometimes we forget the names of people. Brain glitch. Whatever Serena does, your conclusion is that she is awful. Makes it impossible to take you seriously.

Direwolf
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:08 PM
I a m b e g i n n i n g 2 l u v h e r e

Break My Rapture
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:11 PM
:happy:

Hachiko
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:14 PM
She tried this same tactic before she played Stosur in Paris but that didn't help her.

Stamp Paid
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Serena didnt give her one ounce of life
"the young girl at the US Open" :lol:
I love her Fed Cup comments at the end of the full interview too.

Diesel
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:17 PM
She tried this same tactic before she played Stosur in Paris but that didn't help her.

Serena has a history with Petra?

narutos
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:18 PM
She was kind she could have said the other pusher.

Olórin
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:19 PM

No-one even remembers or cares about some random comment Serena made about someone at the French Open other than obsessed haters like yourself :zzz:

Hachiko
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Serena has a history with Petra?

I'm not sure. I was just implying that this is just an attempt to throw off her opponent with praise by talking her up. Serena is so transparent.

Diesel
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure. I was just implying that this is just an attempt to throw off her opponent with praise by talking her up. Serena is so transparent.

Petra herself believes she can't win so she's essentially thrown herself off without Serena's help. Is Serena going with reverse psychology and making Petra think she has a chance? Wouldn't that work against Serena since then, if it worked, Petra would play her hardest because Serena thinks she's that good? Putting the fear into her seems easier, more logical :shrug:

At the end of the day, the reporters asked Serena a question. She answered respectfully. Respect is never bad.

tievae
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:33 PM
I'm just :hysteric: over the young girl comment. Rena, you are genius. :sobbing:

Slutati
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:34 PM
LMAO.
Preach, Serena! Keep educating everyone. :bowdown:

pedropt
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:37 PM
The young girl. :lol:

Hachiko
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Petra herself believes she can't win so she's essentially thrown herself off without Serena's help. Is Serena going with reverse psychology and making Petra think she has a chance? Wouldn't that work against Serena since then, if it worked, Petra would play her hardest because Serena thinks she's that good? Putting the fear into her seems easier, more logical :shrug:

At the end of the day, the reporters asked Serena a question. She answered respectfully. Respect is never bad.

I would think Serena wants to expel Petra's hunger and drive by praising her so that Petra feels she has nothing more to prove. Rather than fuelling her spirit with a more patronising or intimidating approach that would probably work against her. We all know Serena thinks she brings out the best tennis in everyone else.

Stamp Paid
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:49 PM
I would think Serena wants to expel Petra's hunger and drive by praising her so that Petra feels she has nothing more to prove. Rather than fuelling her spirit with a more patronising or intimidating approach that would probably work against her. We all know Serena thinks she brings out the best tennis in everyone else.Serena is not that passive aggressive. :lol: Stop overanalyzing.
What should Serena have said then?

HRHoliviasmith
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:51 PM

:sobbing: :hysteric:

Hachiko
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Serena is not that passive aggressive. :lol: Stop overanalyzing.
What should Serena have said then?

I actually thought it was obvious to be quite honest. She didn't have to go quite so far with it in saying she basically expected to play Kvitova in the semi-finals. The fact she sounds just so overly blasé and unconcerned about the whole encounter shows the transparency of it all.

hurricanejeanne
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:05 PM
:spit: Oh another epic Serena interview. :spit:

50Sense
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:07 PM
I actually thought it was obvious to be quite honest. She didn't have to go quite so far with it in saying she basically expected to play Kvitova in the semi-finals. The fact she sounds just so overly blasé and unconcerned about the whole encounter shows the transparency of it all.

You mad?

Hachiko
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:16 PM
You mad?

Even as a devotional Serena fan you should still be able to recognise basic psychology or at least understand there are factors that affect participation and performance in sport. Or do you take everything you read in life at face value?

50Sense
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:25 PM
You mad?

Even as a devotional Serena fan you should still be able to recognise basic psychology or at least understand there are factors that affect participation and performance in sport. Or do you take everything you read in life at face value?

So, yes?

tenn_ace
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:36 PM
oh Serena :bigclap:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:45 PM
some people are trying too hard

keep them talking Queenree!

DOUBLEFIST
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Melanie is reaping the amount of respect she sewed.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:54 PM
So, yes?

that's more than mad babe :rolls:

Sp!ffy
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:59 PM

You act as if all these tennis players read each other's interviews :haha::lol:

Stamp Paid
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't I guess. :lol:
Win Wimbledon Sarin

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:25 AM
You act as if they all don't. Can you confirm either way? I would say a Wimbledon semi-final is not an average match for a player with Kvitova's career, so the the chances of her reading it or at least hearing about it through coaches, etc. are significantly higher.

It would be so refreshing to see a Serena fan see her words here for what they are. It doesn't require much thought though I refuse to believe they are all as dense as they come across. Too bad they are so convinced the rest of us are blinded with hate.

are you seriously going this in depth about a comment? :lol: and if serena had said that kvitova is lucky to get through the draw you'd say she was rude and disrespectful towards other players...

seriously...give it up :lol:

iPatty
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:28 AM
I don't particularly like Serena and I didn't see anything wrong with her comments. She was just complimenting Kvitova--they had a nice handshake after the match in Australia and Serena was respectful after that victory as well. I don't think Petra will read too much into her comments either. It won't make any difference to her walking on court whether Serena complimented her or not.

Hachiko
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:32 AM
are you seriously going this in depth about a comment? :lol: and if serena had said that kvitova is lucky to get through the draw you'd say she was rude and disrespectful towards other players...

seriously...give it up :lol:

Wrong. "In depth", really? I just find Serena's mind games laughable and the fact you can't see it a little worrying.

Nicolás89
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:56 AM
"young girl" :spit:

danieln1
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:03 AM
"the young girl"...

Epic Serena! :haha: :haha:

The Wozniacki part is not controversial, she just that Petra played an amazing match

mykarma
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:28 AM
Oh my.

HippityHop
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Serena was being nice. She knows as well as anybody here that there are no American women in the pipeline who are going to contest for major titles anytime soon. When Venus and Serena are gone there probably will be very few Americans getting to the second week of majors.

And let's not even talk about the American men.

dreamgoddess099
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Wrong. "In depth", really? I just find Serena's mind games laughable and the fact you can't see it a little worrying.

We certainly see the mind games you are trying to play. You're the one insulting Kvitova by insinuating that there couldn't possibly be anything for Serena to be impressed with her about. Why else would you believe that Serena's compliments about her couldn't be how she really feels? Serena's biggest weapon isn't mind games nor does she need to play them to win. If you really knew Serena like you want us to believe, then surely you recognize that her serve and her mental toughness are what she uses to win. Save the mind games theory for yourself.

Kevin.
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:49 AM
melanie and serena against each other at an exhibition in athens,ga (university of georgia) in december that i went to......Mel won :tape:

Sp!ffy
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:59 AM
You act as if they all don't. Can you confirm either way? I would say a Wimbledon semi-final is not an average match for a player with Kvitova's career, so the the chances of her reading it or at least hearing about it through coaches, etc. are significantly higher.

It would be so refreshing to see a Serena fan see her words here for what they are. It doesn't require much thought though I refuse to believe they are all as dense as they come across. Too bad they are so convinced the rest of us are blinded with hate.

I'm not trying to be rude but Kvitova doesnt seem like the type of girl to even understand mind games. She's a tennis player and I really doubt she is currently wasting her time listening to something Serena Williams has to say.

matty
Jun 30th, 2010, 07:44 AM

nope--that's a little payback jab at what's her name (she's in my sig)for what's her name "scolding" the sisters for not playing fed cup :lol:

Pops Maellard
Jun 30th, 2010, 07:48 AM
You know WTA's in a sad state when the world #3 losing to a player ranked in the 60s is "not surprising". :rolls:

bandabou
Jun 30th, 2010, 08:09 AM
:haha: The young girl? Serena..priceless!

And so now praising the opponent means playing mind-games?

eck
Jun 30th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Serena :sobbing:

Slutiana
Jun 30th, 2010, 08:49 AM

LOL.

Has to be one of the most stupid things I have read on this forum. Honestly, Serena cannot win. When she chooses to only focus on herself in interviews, she's a 'selfish, classless bitch', and when she talks about and compliments her opponent then she is apparently playing mindgames.

You cannot be serious. :lol:

Hachiko
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Was it entirely necessary to quote my every post? Please. I've never labelled Serena a "classless bitch" or anything of the sort. Her comments here are just completely over the top and reminiscent of what she said about Stosur in Paris, who herself laughed them off. I guess people outside Australia didn't see that interview, so I'm clearly wasting my time.

Beat
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:37 AM
she not only forgot oudin's name, but she actually adds "she's doing well" :spit:

Polikarpov
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Serena:hearts:

At least she said that his "young girl" is "doing well.":hysteric:

TZVETI83
Jun 30th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Serena, gotta love her quotes.

Avid Merrion
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Some of the posts in this thread are funnier than Serena's press conferences could ever hope to be :sobbing:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Some of the posts in this thread are funnier than Serena's press conferences could ever hope to be :sobbing:

ikr! :rolls:

olivero
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:51 PM
:spit: the young girl

gmokb
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I wonder how some of you aee going to survive after the sisters, especially Serena has retire. They obviously gives you a reason to get up in the mornings.

serenafan08
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:16 PM
:lol: I read that too and got a good laugh out of it. She's hilarious in her press conferences.

mboyle
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Serena has a harder time dominating quote of the day with Martina around, but this is why it was so good when both were at their peaks and interviewing all the time.
The best thing about Martina is she would make some bitchy comment with a smile on her face, as if she were completely oblivious about what she was saying. When Serena is catty, you can tell she knows it. That's not a bad thing, and it's entertaining in its own way! It was just definitely nice to have the contrasting styles. ;-)
And then you had Jennifer Capriati's likes and you knows, Lindsay Davenport's intelligent and insightful commentary on tennis and the world, Venus's more reserved but equally intelligent commentary, and then, of course, Richard Williams.

IceSkaTennisFan
Jun 30th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Didn't Oudin beat Serena in a cheesy exhibition last year?

nvm, she did

gmak
Jun 30th, 2010, 04:20 PM
young girl :lol: :lol:

Burisleif
Jun 30th, 2010, 04:40 PM
You know WTA's in a sad state when the world #3 losing to a player ranked in the 60s is "not surprising". :rolls:

Actually the world no. 3 Lost to the world number no. 21

Not forgetting that the world no. 2 lost to the world no. 82

and the world no. 4 Lost to the world no. 62

Don't let little things like context and facts get in the way of your obsession with Caroline. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

narutos
Jun 30th, 2010, 04:51 PM

Don't let little things like context and facts get in the way of your obsession with Caroline. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure Serena was surprised to see Venus losing against Pironkova.

Stamp Paid
Jun 30th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Was it entirely necessary to quote my every post? Please. I've never labelled Serena a "classless bitch" or anything of the sort. Her comments here are just completely over the top and reminiscent of what she said about Stosur in Paris, who herself laughed them off. I guess people outside Australia didn't see that interview, so I'm clearly wasting my time.Heres the video:

7PEB71RyH9I
:shrug:

kiwifan
Jun 30th, 2010, 05:46 PM
melanie and serena against each other at an exhibition in athens,ga (university of georgia) in december that i went to......Mel won :tape:

Key words exhibition and GA...

...if you don't know why she won, you don't really know shit about professional tennis :tape:

;)

Richie's
Jun 30th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Rena, love your comments!

Slutiana
Jun 30th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Was it entirely necessary to quote my every post? Please. I've never labelled Serena a "classless bitch" or anything of the sort. Her comments here are just completely over the top and reminiscent of what she said about Stosur in Paris, who herself laughed them off. I guess people outside Australia didn't see that interview, so I'm clearly wasting my time.
Yes.

So the world could laugh at your foolishness.

HRHoliviasmith
Jun 30th, 2010, 07:56 PM
:happy: :hysteric: @ chevina.

volta
Jun 30th, 2010, 08:32 PM
:haha: :haha: at the Sarin quotes and the thread :lol:

bandabou
Jun 30th, 2010, 09:30 PM

:haha: You don't get it, do you? Those losses were considered SURPRISING...as it should, because it were two higher ranked players losing. But with Wozniacki's loss, it was kinda like: ok, no surprise there.

THAT's the thing.

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Nothing surprising about Vera beating Jelena. That was 3 times in a row.
Only real surprise was Venus, but she is 0-2 at majors against Pironkova
Caro was 2-0 against Kvitova.

Hian
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:13 PM
That's very funny. :)

Burisleif
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:30 PM
:haha: You don't get it, do you? Those losses were considered SURPRISING...as it should, because it were two higher ranked players losing. But with Wozniacki's loss, it was kinda like: ok, no surprise there.

THAT's the thing.

I exactly get it... Serena's grammar dose not help, but, the question and answer refer to the quarter final result against Kanepi, as in, that Kvitova had reached the Semi final, was not a surprise, after the surprise beating Caroline in the 4th round.

Clear enough for you now? :smash::smash::smash:

ghost world
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:07 AM

http://imgur.com/Kjw6U.gif

mykarma
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:30 AM
Heres the video:

7PEB71RyH9I
:shrug:

:worship::worship::worship:

WTF is wrong with these disillusion people just trying to make up shit to complain about.

mykarma
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:32 AM
:happy: :hysteric: @ chevina.
:happy: :hysteric: @ chevina:happy: :hysteric: @ chevina

Stamp Paid
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:33 AM
:worship::worship::worship:

WTF is wrong with these disillusion people just trying to make up shit to complain about.I was waiting to see when somebody was gonna quote it.
Sarin said shed been noticing Kvitova practicing hard on the grounds, and shes had a very detrmined look in her eye from day 1. So no, shes not surprised that Kvitova made it this far.

What a bitch :tape:

These people are so full of it.

Pops Maellard
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:34 AM

Caro's loss was no surprise but the others WERE a surprise. Learn to read silly.

mykarma
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:37 AM
I exactly get it... Serena's grammar dose not help, but, the question and answer refer to the quarter final result against Kanepi, as in, that Kvitova had reached the Semi final, was not a surprise, after the surprise beating Caroline in the 4th round.

You have the nerve to speak of Serena's grammer with your fvcked up sentence structure and spelling.
:spit:

Tennisation
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:39 AM
I thought Serena is good friends with Woz? Why is she jeopardizing their relationship?

Serenita
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:52 AM
:happy: :hysteric: @ chevina:happy: :hysteric: @ chevina
:happy: :hysteric:

omg what a thread.

bandabou
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:46 AM

:lol: Yeah sure...I guess she didn't have to win a 4th round match before reaching the QF's, huh?!