PDA

View Full Version : That Kvitova shriek is worse than any allez or fist pump

wildemu
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:27 PM
How would you feel if you were Kanepi after every point when she shreaks like medusa?

Slap her around I say.

simonsaystennis
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:30 PM
And people say Mel's "c'mons" are bad. :o For the last two games she has been shrieking after EVERY point she wins, no matter if it's a two ball rally and Kanepi just dumps it into the bottom of the net.

Mikey.
It's awful. :lol:

choi15
I duno why, but i find it ridiculous funny. Like the type of thing I would listen to/watch when i'm sad and need to laugh. It would be a lot funnier if she did it when she lost points too :hearts::lol:

Keegan
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:31 PM
It's damn annoying. If she wins this (which she probably will) Serena will kick her ass.

hurricanejeanne
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:33 PM
It's damn annoying. If she wins this (which she probably will) Serena will kick her ass.

Allez to that.

It's freaking annoying. Give me anything else but that shrieking.

Elwin.
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:33 PM
It so childish.
I would have smacked a ball in her face!

swim4life227
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Oh God.....

Keegan
Allez to that.

It's freaking annoying. Give me anything else but that shrieking.

I think you mean *dog barking* to that :) ;)

mckyle.
You won't her a peep from her against Serena :lol:

Illusionist
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Disgusting. :( I can't freekin' believe she DID that thing after winning every f-ing point. I hope Serena beats the hell out of her!

Boreas
She screamed at Kanepi because the girl from Baltic was playing like someone who has never held a racket in thier hand:shrug:

jefrilibra
I want to gag her!

tennislover
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:37 PM
it's adorable :cool:

LudwigDvorak
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:38 PM
She is yelling "Podj" not just barking.

earthcrystal
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:38 PM
This is a pretty funny thread. Hilarious. Serena sounds like she's butchering people when she fighting, Justine yells "allez!" for her opponent's double faults but Petra's excited, first HUGE slam match shrieks are disgusting?

Really, people...you make me laugh so hard.

MakarovaFan
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Its like a whalrus yell/bark...ugh

Atrixo
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Who the f--k cares? You're going to judge a girl simply because of her scream? Get off your petty, judgemental asses! :rolleyes:

She's been playing the best tennis of her life, I think she's entitled to her celebrations. :bounce:

tennislover
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:40 PM
This is a pretty funny thread. Hilarious. Serena sounds like she's butchering people when she fighting, Justine yells "allez!" for her opponent's double faults but Petra's excited, first HUGE slam match shrieks are disgusting?

so true

hurricanejeanne
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:41 PM
I think you mean *dog barking* to that :) ;)

:spit: Oh yes! :spit:

Coke Zero
I don't even know how to type that shit.

ARGH! BARK! EHHH!

:confused:

Coke Zero

Thanks, although it doesn't sound like that. Maybe it's just the pitch or something :hysteric:

HeninFan_2008
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Go girl! Now go beat the shit out of Serena!

Libertango
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:44 PM
It's awful. It sounds like something from 101 Dalmatians. :sobbing:

mure
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:44 PM
What's disgusting is that she's Ipatty's favorite player.The same IPatty who cnastantly critisizes Ana for her fistpumps.Talk about hypocricy

Ingokoer
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Who the f--k cares? You're going to judge a girl simply because of her scream? Get off your petty, judgemental asses! :rolleyes:

I think I speak for most of WTA fans, if I say, that when you like a tennis player, you like him not just because of her great game, but also because of her personality and a good on court behaviour. And screaming that loud after opponents errors is simply poor, childish and not a great on court behaviour against an opponent.

Petkorazzi
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:46 PM
She's gonna get her ass kicked Thursday :lol: Annoyed Babygurl Rena = :bolt:.

Andreas
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:46 PM

Sounds more like "Hopp" to me :o

simonsaystennis
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I think I speak for most of WTA fans, if I say, that when you like a tennis player, you like him not just because of her great game, but also because of her personality and a good on court behaviour. And screaming that loud after opponents errors is simply poor, childish and not a great on court behaviour against an opponent.

This :worship:

mdterp01
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Hmmm...I don't know....Justine's "allez's" do get on my fuckin nerves. But the shrieks at the end after winning every point were a bit much. But she's excited and young. Its a huge opportunity to reach her first major semi so I can forgive her. Just....after every point? That is annoying and I can see that grating people's nerves.

earthcrystal
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:49 PM
What's disgusting is that she's Ipatty's favorite player.The same IPatty who cnastantly critisizes Ana for her fistpumps.Talk about hypocricy

So wait. You're in here expressing disgust because some other board member criticizes your fave but likes Petra? Wow. I think people need to take more walks on the beach, or in the woods. Just get out more. This is sport, folks.

It's just so predictable here. A young player has a hard-fought win in the biggest match of her career....so let's bring on the HATE!?! Sad, really.

Congrats Petra. Condolences Kaia. Great battle.

lilimi
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:51 PM
she sounds like a dog...i shouldn't have watched this match...she won a spot in my black list!:lol:

wildemu
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:58 PM
all you haters go stick your head in the toilet:wavey:

why would I want to do that? Her barks have made me look forward to the knockout that will happen on Thursday.

iPatty
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:00 PM
She doesn't do this in every match. Forgive her for urging herself to keep fighting for every point. If I see her screaming POJD after every point like that in another match, then I might get a bit annoyed by it. But after all of the Kvitova matches I have watched in my life I have never seen her do that before, which leads me to believe that it was a one-off in an attempt to dig herself out of the huge hole Kanepi had her in during the third set.

Vikapower
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:07 PM
She doesn't do this in every match. Forgive her for urging herself to keep fighting for every point. If I see her screaming POJD after every point like that in another match, then I might get a bit annoyed by it. But after all of the Kvitova matches I have watched in my life I have never seen her do that before, which leads me to believe that it was a one-off in an attempt to dig herself out of the huge hole Kanepi had her in during the third set.
She does that on each and every error even DF, just ridiculeous. :tape: She has no excuses and needs to learn the word R-E-S-P-E-C-T that young lady. :rolleyes:

V-MAC
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:12 PM
It's such a girly shriek:lol:..I think it's kinda cute

bbjpa
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:14 PM
She's young and it was a spot for her 1st GS SF , so she can be forgiven :)

Vikapower
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:16 PM
She's young and it was a spot for her 1st GS SF , so she can be forgiven :)
I was waiting for that argument. Fail. :help:

Sally Todd
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:19 PM

I know -- idiocy.

There are a LOT of bitter people who have watched too much tennis in this thread.

People get weird during the majors from tennis-watching and tennis-talking overdoses. Combine that with surprising results and you get tantrums.

Sally Todd
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:21 PM
So wait. You're in here expressing disgust because some other board member criticizes your fave but likes Petra? Wow. I think people need to take more walks on the beach, or in the woods. Just get out more. This is sport, folks.

It's just so predictable here. A young player has a hard-fought win in the biggest match of her career....so let's bring on the HATE!?! Sad, really.

Congrats Petra. Condolences Kaia. Great battle.

Seriously.

mdterp01
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:26 PM
I was waiting for that argument. Fail. :help:

Did you read the whole post or just took out what you wanted? :rolleyes: Cuz I do believe I said I can see how it can be annoying to some. :wavey:

Edy.
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Agreed. Really annoying shriek.

gmak
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Serena will silence her :drool:
no more shrieks or netcords on Thursday ;)

Sexysova
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I love how most of haters are Ivanovic, Azarenka or Lisicki fans :spit:

KoOlMaNsEaN
its like shes playing the juniors. Quite immature

delicatecutter
It was so annoying. Especially in contrast to Kaia, who is one of the quietest players.

Marionated
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Maybe she was so pumped up because she was playing the biggest match of her career :wavey:

Slutiana
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:46 PM
She did it vs Safina last year too.

I like her game and attitude to tennis but it would almost be hypocritical of me to not dislike her for this. :lol:

Edy.
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:51 PM
I love how most of haters are Ivanovic, Azarenka or Lisicki fans :spit:

Why do call us/them haters? Just beacuse we dislike her shriek, which I think is really annoying and she sounds like a dog barking, that doesn't mean I hate her. I think she is a good player with a nice game, I just have to mute when she's doing her shriek, that's all :lol: And I can't understand how you find Ana's ajdes more annoying than this, but whatever.

tennis-insomniac
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:53 PM
i don't think it's that bad my fav's grunt still stands as the most xxx IMO

Marionated
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:54 PM
It's just so funny to look at the players that are supported by those criticizing Petra :spit:

This thread is really dripping with hyprocrisy.

manu32
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:56 PM
It's awful,annoying,and ......

Andrew Laeddis
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I actually found it quite funny. :lol:

iPatty
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:20 PM
She did it vs Safina last year too.

I like her game and attitude to tennis but it would almost be hypocritical of me to not dislike her for this. :lol:

Mmm...incorrect. :shrug:

I just watched the end of the third set again and she only celebrated this way on good points from her own end. The other points were just calm fist pumps toward her box. Obviously on the MP she shrieked ala Golovin on a couple balls.

Slutiana
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Mmm...incorrect. :shrug:

I just watched the end of the third set again and she only celebrated this way on good points from her own end. The other points were just calm fist pumps toward her box. Obviously on the MP she shrieked ala Golovin on a couple balls.
:o

Smashnova deserved it!!11!

tennislover
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Sounds more like "Hopp" to me :o

She simply shout "come on!!"

young_gunner913
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:47 PM
I didn't watch the match today but a good guess says she was shrieking on MP. I saw her do it last year at the USO vs Dinara and I found it annoying as hell.

toxina90
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Rubbish, I don't mind it at all compared to the allez/fist pump. At least it seemed sincere from her crawling back from oblivion.

DOUBLEFIST
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:01 PM
How would you feel if you were Kanepi after every point when she shreaks like medusa?

Slap her around I say.
I have to admit. Her shrieks are THE MOST annoying sound I've heard on a tennis court in my life. It's just ridiculous. The funny thing is, her shrieks during the points don't bother me at all. It's that vomit inducing garbage AFTER the point that needs to be done away with.

edificio
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:28 PM
It is bad, but I'm not going to say it is worse. A matter of how much how often how loud.

Freakan
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:30 PM
She sounds like a pig being killed :o

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Not surprising considering she looks like a bird with the failure to thrive.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:41 PM
She sounds like a pig being killed :o

I use to think the same thing when I first started to listen to Rihanna. :tape:
After hearing that shriek though, I would run if I heard that in a boreal forest.
She sounds exactly like a wild boar on the offensive.

davidmario
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Why do call us/them haters? Just beacuse we dislike her shriek, which I think is really annoying and she sounds like a dog barking, that doesn't mean I hate her. I think she is a good player with a nice game, I just have to mute when she's doing her shriek, that's all :lol: And I can't understand how you find Ana's ajdes more annoying than this, but whatever.

and I had to mute my TV when Ana played Hantuchova in the AO semis because of her squeaking with her shoes while waiting for Hantuchova to hit her serve. Please.

Sally Todd
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:02 AM
and I had to mute my TV when Ana played Hantuchova in the AO semis because of her squeaking with her shoes while waiting for Hantuchova to hit her serve. Please.

"Watch Out for Petra Kvitova" :D;)

wildemu
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:20 AM
I didn't watch the match today but a good guess says she was shrieking on MP. I saw her do it last year at the USO vs Dinara and I found it annoying as hell.

around 4-5, she started throwing in double faults like crazy. So, she was obviously battling herself with her nerves to keep the ball in play. Every time she would throw in a dinky 2nd serve, kanepi would let her off the hook with an awful return into the net. So, when she saved the first match point after barely clipping the net, she just started shrieking after every single unforced error Kanepi made. So, for every point she won from 4-5 on, there was a shriek. Even Kvitova's coach was laughing because it was so ridiculous. Kanepi has a lot of class because I wouldn't wait for that girl who just cheered every mistake I made at the most crucial time.

davidmario
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:24 AM
around 4-5, she started throwing in double faults like crazy. So, she was obviously battling herself with her nerves to keep the ball in play. Every time she would throw in a dinky 2nd serve, kanepi would let her off the hook with an awful return into the net. So, when she saved the first match point after barely clipping the net, she just started shrieking after every single unforced error Kanepi made. So, for every point she won from 4-5 on, there was a shriek. Even Kvitova's coach was laughing because it was so ridiculous. Kanepi has a lot of class because I wouldn't wait for that girl who just cheered every mistake I made at the most crucial time.

she did not shriek(which is actually C'mon in czech) in the final game when kanepi was making really bad errors. It didnt bother safina at the us open, it didnt bother kaia today. the only people who feel bothered by it are you guys!
i am sure you did not care as long as she was hitting double faults.

davidmario
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:25 AM
"Watch Out for Petra Kvitova" :D;)

Tell that Serena! :wavey: I am kind of proud of this thread:D

Lachy
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:35 AM
I don't mind it...there's been worse. Hope she isn't too intimidated to do it against Serena.

wildemu
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:38 AM
she did not shriek(which is actually C'mon in czech) in the final game when kanepi was making really bad errors. It didnt bother safina at the us open, it didnt bother kaia today. the only people who feel bothered by it are you guys!
i am sure you did not care as long as she was hitting double faults.

I frankly didn't have a favorite for this match, but i started to get irritated when she used those outbursts as a way to relieve her emotional tension. As for the last game, that was the least amount of pressure she was feeling since being down 4-0 in the match (where she was quiet also). Don't get me wrong, the other players on the tour have quirks that bug me too, but at least they are consistent with it. This c'mon came out of nowhere.

Ryan
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:47 AM
I think you guys just like to be miserable. About everything. Winner, loser, noises, squeaks, shrieks, etc etc. Misery loves company.

The Dawntreader
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:49 AM
I stll find it very innocent and endearing, as i find Petra herself to be.

Those wide eyes, the exclamations:hearts:

iPatty
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:01 AM

I know, this is all just so new to her. She doesn't know how to react and just lets her emotions flow. :hearts:

davidmario
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:20 AM
I frankly didn't have a favorite for this match, but i started to get irritated when she used those outbursts as a way to relieve her emotional tension. As for the last game, that was the least amount of pressure she was feeling since being down 4-0 in the match (where she was quiet also). Don't get me wrong, the other players on the tour have quirks that bug me too, but at least they are consistent with it. This c'mon came out of nowhere.

so if petra would act like this 95% of the time instead of the 5% she does it right now, you wouldn't mind? makes sense to me:rolleyes:

wildemu
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:34 AM
so if petra would act like this 95% of the time instead of the 5% she does it right now, you wouldn't mind? makes sense to me:rolleyes:

It was the timing of it, you don't just start shrieking after being 1 match point down without some emotional motive. If she were to do it 95% of the time, I would just brush it aside like I do with Azarenka's grunts because I would know it's who she is.

delicatecutter
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:40 AM
I just thought it was bad form and kind of disrespectful to Kaia. I'm sure she was happy to be back in the match. But after every. single. point? I wanted to slap the bitch and she was my personal savior after she beat Wozniacki yesterday. :sobbing: I will give her another chance, but if she starts yelping again in such a manner I will officially have to cut her off.

BTW did you know that she's lost 10 lbs this year? She was moving around the grass like a regular Venus Williams.

danieln1
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Now she´ll become hated because of her screams, just like Ana because of Ajde...

leave the girl alone, it´s just ridiculous

Привет
Jun 30th, 2010, 06:19 AM
If TennisForum had nothing to bitch about this place would have dried up long ago.

I think you guys just like to be miserable. About everything. Winner, loser, noises, squeaks, shrieks, etc etc. Misery loves company.

Ryan is so right. If some people on this forum got rid of all their hate they would have ZERO purpose as a tennis fan.

nevetssllim
Jun 30th, 2010, 09:52 AM
At least the haters have some new meat to feast off. :rolls:

I like Kvitova's squealing. It's really cute and there seems to be somethng really innocent about them.

Sp!ffy
Jun 30th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Why cant everyone just shut the fuck up and stop whining all the damn time. Wasnt it just the other day when Kvitova saved the WTA tour for crushing Wozniacki? And now all of a sudden everyone hates her for beating Kanepi and screaming after every point?

I have mad love for Maria S. but at least Kvitova doesnt scream DURING the damn point. And stupid WS tards thinking Serena will thrash her :rolleyes: I hope Kvitova beats Serena in straights, screams after every point (even the ones she loses), and wins Wimbledon.

Just Do It
Jun 30th, 2010, 11:26 AM

Slap her around I say.

First hate thread :bowdown:

Bronx19
Jun 30th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Nothing that comes out of her mouth will come close to matching the Williams belch.

Corswandt
Jun 30th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Nothing that comes out of her mouth will come close to matching the Williams belch.

Yup. In more than one sense. I've always been intrigued by the way in which the Williams are pretty much left off the hook by the Grunt Police.

Anyways, Kvitova squeals like that because she has an extremely high pitched voice. I've talked to her and it's just so odd to hear such a big woman with such a little child-like voice.

The Witch-king
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:57 PM
woof!

The Witch-king
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:03 PM
At least the haters have some new meat to feast off. :rolls:

I like Kvitova's squealing. It's really cute and there seems to be somethng really innocent about them.

Oh please. I actually like Kvitova but the barks were just over the top and completely unnecessary especially considering most of them were over bad Kanepi errors.

lilimi
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:04 PM

:lol: maybe the first ones, but at the end of the match it was really ridiculous:lol: barking at each unforced errors:tape::tape::tape:even guy forget - and god knows how much i hate him- said she did it on purpose, because right after kaia made a mistake, so she continued:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

mauresmofan
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:26 PM
I saw a silent replay of it and she mouths Come on but all i hear is pterodactyl screech

http://newballs.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/petra-kvitova-hobart.jpg

http://www.mookychick.co.uk/images/tek/dinosaur3.jpg

Keegan
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:53 PM
Two days on and it's still annoying. I don't hear her shout any words, it's just an annoying yapping sound.

Libertango
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:56 PM
Two days on and it's still annoying. I don't hear her shout any words, it's just an annoying yapping sound.

This is what I don't get; at first I thought she was just saying a Czech word, but today more than ever, it actually sounds like she's just barking/yapping. :shrug:

Vanity Bonfire
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:00 PM
She sounds amazing:hearts:. So sexy:drool:.

Seriously, if anybody on this board ever wants some action, just walk up to the object of your desires and bark/cluck like Petra. They will be putty in your hands:inlove:

wildemu
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:02 PM
I actually don't mind the shrieks as much today, because she isn't waiting for match point to start it. It's still bad gamesmanship to do it on unforced errors but everyone does it on tour.

Aaric
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:03 PM
At least it´s funny

Caralenko
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:07 PM
It's so hilarious :sobbing:

Joe.
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:07 PM
It makes her look and sound stupid...

Keegan
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:12 PM
This is why I didn't like Ana Ivanovic, and this is why I don't like her -.-

Joe.
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:14 PM
It's actually really annoying me now. :lol:

wildemu
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:14 PM
Yea that shriek from match points on tuesday is starting to show up in this tiebreaker.

Nicolás89
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:15 PM
When she said "I challenge" :haha:

Serenus Christ
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:23 PM
shut her up

JUSTICE4ALL
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:34 PM
I'm OVA it, and you on the clock!!!!

Management!!!

Vanity Bonfire
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:37 PM
Don't worry, gurl. Petra is so OVA.

Papillon.
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:39 PM
Shut up.

JUSTICE4ALL
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:48 PM
This chick need to sit down, she doing too much for me! Nobodies trip me out when they play The Queen!!!

mdterp01
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:50 PM
Thank god Serena ran through that second set and put us out of our misery!! :rolleyes:

Serenita
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:50 PM
This chick need to sit down, she doing too much for me! Nobodies trip me out when they play The Queen!!!
:lol:

She barks like a :dog:

brickhousesupporter
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:51 PM
I'm OVA it, and you on the clock!!!!

Management!!!
:haha::haha::haha::haha:

fightserena!!!
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:55 PM
I never really heard it before today...it is exceptionally irritating...but I mean, you know, they should be able to make a bit of a scene i figure, so it's ok. I would hate it if a rule was introduced to stop it, and then Serena couldn't scream C'MON!!!!!! as well.

heart
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:58 PM
she was like a barking dog:lol: but she still played better than what everybody expected.