PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Down The Top Girls

Tennisation
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Serena - Serena will always be Serena, only showing up at slams. Now I know why she doesn't work on her fitness, no need to when you're acing your opponent every game.

Venus - I think it's time to hang up the racquets. She's obviously going thru midlife tennis crisis with all these slutty outfits thinking she's 18 and still got it.

Kim - has no motivation to beat lesser opponents whatsoever. Still playing like the last year of her retirement for at least a set in every match.

Justine - why does she insist on trying to hit a winner every shot and when that doesn't work she becomes a pusher and all the shots would land in half court. She needs to go back to playing an all court game.

Maria - girl you are a year and a half back from injury, there's just no more excuse for this anymore. It's not her serve or ground strokes that she needs to work on, it's the speed. How pathetic is it that you're slower than Kleybanova.

Ana - I really can't decide which is bigger, her slump or her head.

Jelena - well what can I say, she's back to #2 for doing absolutely nothing. Congrats!

Roookie
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Venus - I think it's time to hang up the racquets. She's obviously going thru midlife tennis crisis with all these slutty outfits thinking she's 18 and still got it.

:tape:

madeaismad
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I thought Serena was really fit...what are you talking about?

miffedmax
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I guess you decided not to break down Elena, knowing she'll do it herself, usually around the quarters or semis?

And still listing Ana among the "Top Girls?" It's 2010, not 2008.

LUVMIRZA
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Serena - Serena will always be Serena, only showing up at slams. Now I know why she doesn't work on her fitness, no need to when you're acing your opponent every game.

Kim - has no motivation to beat lesser opponents whatsoever. Still playing like the last year of her retirement for at least a set in every match.

Justine - why does she insist on trying to hit a winner every shot and when that doesn't work she becomes a pusher and all the shots would land in half court. She needs to go back to playing an all court game.

Maria - girl you are a year and a half back from injury, there's just no more excuse for this anymore. It's not her serve or ground strokes that she needs to work on, it's the speed. How pathetic is it that you're slower than Kleybanova.

Jelena - well what can I say, she's back to #2 for doing absolutely nothing. Congrats!

:lol::tape::worship:

mauresmofan
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I thought Serena was really fit...what are you talking about?

She is really fit - in the Aussi and in the French I felt her footwork and movement were very sloppy most of the time but here she seems to have found her quickness again and she's so focused on court during this championships it's probably been the most impressive thing about Serenas whole game.

shega
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I guess you decided not to break down Elena, knowing she'll do it herself, usually around the quarters or semis?

And still listing Ana among the "Top Girls?" It's 2010, not 2008.

True that. Still, it's actually true what you said about Venus. I mean, I don't like quitters but it's maybe time to retire... and um, Jelena Jankovic remains somehow a NOTHING to the game by winning little things... like they say, there's no such thing as nothing at all...

goldenlox
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Kim and Caro in the USO final
Serena and Justine in the AO final
Sam and Fran were in the FO final
Pironkova, Kvitova and Zvonareva are in the Wimbledon SF with Serena.

Either there is more depth, or after Serena, its just a jumble of players.

serenus_2k8
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:41 PM

I know you haters are still loving that Venus lost, but these arrogant little 'I know more about these woman than anyone else, them, their fans and their coach' rants are really getting boring.

Venus is #2 in singles and #1 in dubs. She aint slumpin and she aint retitin so STFU.

bandabou
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:43 PM
She is really fit - in the Aussi and in the French I felt her footwork and movement were very sloppy most of the time but here she seems to have found her quickness again and she's so focused on court during this championships it's probably been the most impressive thing about Serenas whole game.

Yep...that's the thing: focus, focus. No whining, no cry-baby faces...it's good.

Bruno71
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:44 PM
True that. Still, it's actually true what you said about Venus. I mean, I don't like quitters but it's maybe time to retire... and um, Jelena Jankovic remains somehow a NOTHING to the game by winning little things... like they say, there's no such thing as nothing at all...

Indian Wells and Cincy are more valuable tournaments than Dubai, Acapulco, Sydney, Paris indoors, or Stuttgart. If anything, Venus has won "nothing" in the last year.

Soliloque
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:56 PM
People were complaining about Wozniacki being world number two, but Venus has not achieved more than Wozniacki in the last 52 weeks, she was number 2 with a grand slam final and two quarters, not very impressive. Outside of Wimbledon, she has not reached a grand slam semi-final since 2007 and now she even lost against world number 82 in her own garden. In Melbourne and Paris, she's not even a threat to anyone. I know she's not slumping like Ivanovic or Chaky but she was way more successfull than them so I think it's true that she's in a kind of slump (a slump that a lot of player would love to have but still a slump for the champion she was).

2Black
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:57 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a Venus fan but I have to admit that break down of Venus was pretty funny

So true about Jelena too. How in the ham & cheese did she get back to #2.

iGOAT
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:01 PM
The Fistpump is a top player :spit:?

Where are Kuzzy, Sanowa, Lena D, Woz???

The rest of it is a joke anyways. Ree - Does work on fitness. Vee - Still one of the best in the world. Kim - More accurate, but she is still one of the best too, just had a bad grass court season. Christine - Okay, this one I agree with. Masha - Comebacks don't work instantly, and she is gaining form. JaJa - Has had quite a good year.

Daruma.
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:02 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a Venus fan but I have to admit that break down of Venus was pretty funny

So true about Jelena too. How in the ham & cheese did she get back to #2.

Race to SE Champs (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/page/RaceToSECSingles/0,,12781~0~1~100,00.html)

maddogz48
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Ouch. Those comments are quite scathing but true.
However I do not want to retire Venus because if she retires, Serena will too.

Venus needs to watch Serena play and learn how to serve properly and be more consistent.

makirilenko
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:05 PM
People were complaining about Wozniacki being world number two, but Venus has not achieved more than Wozniacki in the last 52 weeks, she was number 2 with a grand slam final and two quarters, not very impressive. Outside of Wimbledon, she has not reached a grand slam semi-final since 2007 and now she even lost against world number 82 in her own garden. In Melbourne and Paris, she's not even a threat to anyone. I know she's not slumping like Ivanovic or Chaky but she was way more successfull than them so I think it's true that she's in a kind of slump (a slump that a lot of player would love to have but still a slump for the champion she was).
Beyond Serena, the talent pool is very diluted, the prime reason the finals have all been different of this years slams is because seemingly everyone in the top 25 can beat anyone else in the top 25 at any time. A player will win a slam, then not do anything at the next slam, Stosur and Fran being prime examples. The rankings are fickle because beyond Serena no one has done much, allowing someone with a final and two quarters to reach number 2.

lestat111
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Race to SE Champs (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/page/RaceToSECSingles/0,,12781~0~1~100,00.html)

:worship:

thrust
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Kim and Caro in the USO final
Serena and Justine in the AO final
Sam and Fran were in the FO final
Pironkova, Kvitova and Zvonareva are in the Wimbledon SF with Serena.

Either there is more depth, or after Serena, its just a jumble of players.

IMO the problem is the silly old way they pic the draw. They should, knowingly, place the top players in a way that does not have all the best players in one side of the draw. The placing of the best players in this year's Slams has been ridiculous! To seed players strictly by the ranking points, is also stupid and unfair. Tennis, especially Wimbledon, needs to enter the 21st century.

goldenlox
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:22 PM
IMO the problem is the silly old way they pic the draw. They should, knowingly, place the top players in a way that does not have all the best players in one side of the draw. The placing of the best players in this year's Slams has been ridiculous! To seed players strictly by the ranking points, is also stupid and unfair. Tennis, especially Wimbledon, needs to enter the 21st century.They can play with the seeds all they want, but if Kim in the AO or Sam at Wimbledon lose early, players like Kvitova get thru the section. Players are not consistent. Besides Serena, who is the player to beat at the majors.

Sammy Stones
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:35 PM
hey, 2007 called and it wants your top girls back. :|

Break My Rapture
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:40 PM

You know, there could be things that we have no idea of about these players, that leads to these situations you just listed. Do you really think you know everything about them and what's going on around them? ;)

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:44 PM
I know you haters are still loving that Venus lost, but these arrogant little 'I know more about these woman than anyone else, them, their fans and their coach' rants are really getting boring.

Venus is #2 in singles and #1 in dubs. She aint slumpin and she aint retitin so STFU.

she's #4 but :shrug: same difference, I guess.

LUIS9
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:57 PM
They can play with the seeds all they want, but if Kim in the AO or Sam at Wimbledon lose early, players like Kvitova get thru the section. Players are not consistent. Besides Serena, who is the player to beat at the majors.
Yeah the Womens game has been in decline since 2004, it was okay when the Belgians were at the top but not as exciting because they were their own and only competition. Thankfully Serena can still show some face value for the womens game. Serena fortunately is the only Women player that can serve, hit a forehand, hit a backhand and has the champions mentality all in one package. I used to not appreciate her game but obviously her talent and accolades speak for themeselves. I can watch her serve all day and only sit back with full admiration, there's just that something special about Serena's and Sampras smooth serving, Serena I do believe admits she modeled her serve after his.

Tennisation
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:43 PM

And still listing Ana among the "Top Girls?" It's 2010, not 2008.I purposely left Lena out because she's injured and don't wanna beat her while she's down. To be honest though, I was pretty proud of her for making the semis at the French considering she was slumping before heading into it. No mention of Wozniacki because she's just not a top player, never was never will be.

denny5576
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:59 PM

No. She is 8 weeks back from injury which kept her a month and a half out of training.
If you have a video equipment you could find out that Sharapova 2009 and 2010 is quicker than Sharapova 2008 and 2006.
And can run not only quicker than before, but longer as well...

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:03 AM
I purposely left Lena out because she's injured and don't wanna beat her while she's down. To be honest though, I was pretty proud of her for making the semis at the French considering she was slumping before heading into it. No mention of Wozniacki because she's just not a top player, never was never will be.Caro is #3 next week, and is the current USO finalist.
If that's not a top player, then your list of top players is one player, Serena

shega
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Indian Wells and Cincy are more valuable tournaments than Dubai, Acapulco, Sydney, Paris indoors, or Stuttgart. If anything, Venus has won "nothing" in the last year.

No, I meant, sorry I did put that one wrong. What I meant was that Jankovic remains a nothing in the game because she hasn't won grand slams and everything else to people is little things... I think she's tough out there especially on clay. Especially in Rome this year, and Indian Wells too.

miffedmax
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Yeah the Womens game has been in decline since 2004,

If Elena had won one of those finals in 2004, not only women's tennis, but every aspect of life here on earth and, quite probably throughout the universe, would be 1 million times better.

DefyingGravity
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:49 PM
It's a fairly true evaluation.

Venus shouldn't retire, because quite frankly, she's done enough to be #4, she got to the final of Madrid and Miami, won Dubai, and her last 4 major results are: 4R USO, QF AO, 4R RG, QF Wim. Everyone is due for a shock loss at a tournament they dominate. For Serena, that Hantuchova match in 2006 at the AO. Justine's shock loss was Garbin at RG. Give her a break. Venus couldn't find a rhythm against Pironkova.

Kim has been playing decent and streaky...sound familiar? It should, because that was her first career. Kim will ALWAYS be fairly inconsistent because quite frankly that's how she is and that's how she will be. On hard courts, especially in America, she feels rejuvenated, but in Europe she's going to be inconsistent.

Serena, IMO, is very very fit. She's been able to keep up her serving display because she's strong enough and fit enough to do it over the course of a Slam. Now, her shoulder was taped in her doubles match, and I hope it's just precautionary.

Justine is still retooling. It will take her a while to decide whether or not this game plan is worth keeping or not. There are glimpses of old Justine every once in a while. It's in there, somewhere.

Maria has had other issues in this year, illness and other injuries and she's shown signs of coming back, as evidenced by the Serena loss (she was very competitive). American hard courts will once again give her a boost.

Jelena has won Indian Wells (the 6th largest tournament on the calendar) and got to the SF of RG...outside of that, yeah she might not have done much, but she's done enough. Gotta admire her for sticking to her game, and it doesn't suit this part of the year (grass).

Caroline has had career best result at RG and a USO F...she deserves to be where she is, as she's at least performed well at 2 slams, and lost to eventual semifinalists in the others. Consistency pays dividends, and had she not had an ankle injury, do you think she'd not be taking advantage of her soft draw?

Mistress of Evil
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:07 PM
If Elena had won one of those finals in 2004, not only women's tennis, but every aspect of life here on earth and, quite probably throughout the universe, would be 1 million times better.

:wavey: Don't worry!!! :hug: She will win USO 2010 and from then on till the end of her career she will play GOAT tennis.;)

Bruno71
Jun 30th, 2010, 06:29 PM
No, I meant, sorry I did put that one wrong. What I meant was that Jankovic remains a nothing in the game because she hasn't won grand slams and everything else to people is little things... I think she's tough out there especially on clay. Especially in Rome this year, and Indian Wells too.

That's fair although I think "nothing" is a bit strong a term even in that sense. When a player reaches #1 or #2 or even #3, the level of scrutiny on them is deservedly high. It's tough to defend a high ranking when you're slamless.

DefyingGravity
Jun 30th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Nothing is a very harsh term to describe a tennis player who's been to #1 or #2 and has had some notoriety.