PDA

View Full Version : Back to #2 & 4 finals BUT I hate this year for Venus...

2Black
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:03 PM
...If you look at this year, Venus has, on one hand, been very consistent. She hasn't really lost early in a tournament. She's done relatively well on all surfaces. It has rewarded her with the #2 ranking ... Yet, I've come to the conclusion that I HATE this year for her.

As bad as 2005 was, she atleast won a grand slam and for pete's sake, don't do well at the french because you lose Wimbledon. Still love my girl but I hate this year ... UNLESS she wins the US Open (but I highly doubt she will)

ClijstersGOAT
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:18 PM
She's down to No. 4 now.

Mixal
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I have to agree, especially because she lost when it mattered a lot. Ok, she was injured in Miami, but that performance in Rome against Jankovic, Na Li in AO, missed set points in Madrid final, then I was getting my hopes up for FO this year, but then she lost to Petrova, and then this: she didn't play really well vs Groth, so I expected something better today...

Basically, every time I get my hopes up, or V NEEDS to step it up, she fails. But I'm kinda used to it, because I was devastated when she lost in the final last year, and now I don't care that much...

So, basically I agree.

azinna
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Agreed. She's gotta at least find her US Open 2007 form (with better health/stamina) to salvage this season...

gmokb
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:43 PM
It pains my heart as a huge Vee fan but i don't see her winning anymore slam singles. This was a healthy Venus, on grass:sad:

Still my queen though:)

Uranium
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Agreed. She's gotta at least find her US Open 2007 form (with better health/stamina) to salvage this season...

Oh I loved that Venus:lol:

Smoothstuff
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Agreed. She's been a mess on the big stages. :sad:

2Black
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I have to agree, especially because she lost when it mattered a lot. Ok, she was injured in Miami, but that performance in Rome against Jankovic, Na Li in AO, missed set points in Madrid final, then I was getting my hopes up for FO this year, but then she lost to Petrova, and then this: she didn't play really well vs Groth, so I expected something better today...

Basically, every time I get my hopes up, or V NEEDS to step it up, she fails. But I'm kinda used to it, because I was devastated when she lost in the final last year, and now I don't care that much...

So, basically I agree.

THIS ... I feel the exact same way :worship:

Daniel K
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Agree the losses are extra painful this year for some reason. Win the U.S. please :hysteric:

Uranium
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:47 PM
^Because she played like shit in each and every one of them?

gmokb
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:47 PM

So, basically I agree.

Lucky you, I am still trying to recover from today's mess.:sad: