PDA

View Full Version : WTA Stanford -Mission: Win the tourney

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:19 AM
WIMBLEDON IS OVER NOW FOR MARIA, SO ITS TIME TO LOOK FORWARD!

Its time to say hello to North-America!
Next up is Stanfords tournament!

Honourable mention to Milot for giving me a permission and idea to this! :nerner: :lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:25 AM
^^That was Miloti's thread to open.:awww:

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:25 AM
He gave me permission! :)

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Good.:lol:

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Yeah!

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:33 AM
:woohoo::woohoo:Stanford:worship:

Lachy
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:46 AM
WTT on the 20th July first right?

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Yep, i guess, but stanford is the next real touranment! :)

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Maria announced her Hard-court schedule!!she will play Stanford-Cincinnati-Montreal!!some good tournaments there Can't wait!!

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:16 AM
I like that she plays the 2 big ones instead of San Diego.:D

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:18 AM
I like that she plays the 2 big ones instead of San Diego.:D

yeah but she should focus more on Montreal cause she has so many points to defend there...I'm so happy she decided to play Cincinnati--I love that tournament!!

Andy.
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Im so glad she is playing three tournaments. She has quite a few points to defend but she can definitly gain some points too. Im so so excited for the Hardcourt season. This is her best surface and if she can keep improving like she has been the last couple of months we are in for a treat. Hopefully with some good tournaments she will be seeded in the 9-12 range for the US Open as to avoid a top 4 seed in the 4th round.

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:22 AM
I think she can improve her ranking a lot if she does well in these tournaments.she hasn't played Cincinnati last year so thats a bonus.And I'm so glad she decided to go at those tournaments where the players Field is so good and challenge them.This shows she is confident on her serve again.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I think she can improve her ranking a lot if she does well in these tournaments.she hasn't played Cincinnati last year so thats a bonus.And I'm so glad she decided to go at those tournaments where the players Field is so good and challenge them.This shows she is confident on her serve again.

I wouldn't say Cincy is a "bonus". She also played three tournaments last season and the points she gains in Cincy have to cover her L.A semi first. Given her current form, that shouldn't be a problem.:)

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't say Cincy is a "bonus". She also played three tournaments last season and the points she gains in Cincy have to cover her L.A semi first. Given her current form, that shouldn't be a problem.:)

Is Cincys tournament bigger than L.A?

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:16 PM
^^Yes.

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:19 PM
OK so those should be easy points to defend for Maria!

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:28 PM
We'll see. A bigger tournament also means better opponents.:shrug:

Last years points

Stanford QF: 120 - should be easy to make more this year :)
Los Angeles SF: 200 - equals about a Cincy QF, which is 225 points. I'm confident that she can make those up.
Toronto Final: 550 - I think all top 10 players will be there and it's gonna be a tough road to the final.

Lucas_Arg
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:34 PM
All the players chokes in this kind of tournaments, always. If Maria plays her game she will win a couple of them.
It's her best surface, Serena doesn't give a damn about this and Maria is playing better. She really should win Stanford (weak field) and make deeps run in both Premier 5, I'd love to see her winning one of those.
This is my favourite part of the season, so excited!

Reptilia
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Wildcard for Ana in Stanford :lol:
I would love them to play eachother again

Break My Rapture
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Already a thread for this? :weirdo: It's more than a month away.

Oh and why didn't you open the thread, Miloti? First you want to open it and a couple of hours later you apparently send me a PM saying I can open it?

Break My Rapture
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I'm really glad she's playing Cincy. :D Never played there before.

Vodkapova
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Cincy? :eek:

I asked Maja on what planet does Maria played Cincy. :sobbing:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Cincy? :eek:

I asked Maja on what planet does Maria played Cincy. :sobbing:

:smoke:

I told you she wasn't gonna play San Diego.:p

Break My Rapture
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Cincy is a bigger tournament anyway. :cheer:

Feyd
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:18 PM
She should win Stanford. No excuses this time. I am tired of this close losses. She is beginning to look like a forever bridesmaid, never a bride.

Break My Rapture
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Who else is playing except Maria? :scratch:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:29 PM
^^Why don't you look it up?:p

Break My Rapture
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Oh uhm, I just thought it's a common fact around here that the thread starter posts the entry list etc? :angel: :D
Jk, I'll look it up.

Break My Rapture
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:35 PM
She should win Stanford. No excuses this time. I am tired of this close losses. She is beginning to look like a forever bridesmaid, never a bride.
You're right. If she keeps this form going, this tournament should end in a good result for Maria. :hearts:
http://www.bankofthewestclassic.com/Assets/Bank+of+the+West+Classic/pdf/2010+Player+Field+-+6.15.10.pdf

Lefty.
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Semis or final please Maria :hearts:

Masha Fierce
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:48 PM
win it all OR win it all ,
I want a match against Ana in the first match or in the final !!

madmax
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I doubt beating poor Ana these days is some kind of marvelous achievement...Maria was owning her ass even at her best days (barring clay of course). I'd much rather like her to deliver a good beatdown to some overrated Top 10 pusher like Sunshine or Jankovic just to shut those GM bitchy traps for once and all...

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Guys Dementieva is also there I heard and also Sam Stosur!!So this tournament doesn't have such a weak draw as we are anticipating!!and Agnieska Radwanska also is there!!
Maria you better win this tournament and complete our mission haha

Masha Fierce
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:29 PM
I doubt beating poor Ana these days is some kind of marvelous achievement...Maria was owning her ass even at her best days (barring clay of course). I'd much rather like her to deliver a good beatdown to some overrated Top 10 pusher like Sunshine or Jankovic just to shut those GM bitchy traps for once and all...

I love the both BTW !
But you're right ,,

Masha Fierce
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Guys Dementieva is also there I heard and also Sam Stosur!!So this tournament doesn't have such a week draw as we are anticipating!!and Agnieska Radwanska also is there!!

and that is the reason that she should win it all !

Sp!ffy
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Guys Dementieva is also there I heard and also Sam Stosur!!So this tournament doesn't have such a weak draw as we are anticipating!!and Agnieska Radwanska also is there!!

The more top players, the better. I have no doubt that Maria can beat these players now.

Does anyone know if Maria can get into the top 10 if she performs well in this US Open series?

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:16 PM
The more top players, the better. I have no doubt that Maria can beat these players now.

Does anyone know if Maria can get into the top 10 if she performs well in this US Open series?

Of course she can!!If she wins Cincinnati and Stanford she will be in the top 10 I guess!!and of course a descent run at Toronto!!
I hope she gets to the top 10 before the US open!!And pleaseee and easy draw this time for Maria!!

Break My Rapture
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Isn't she like close to the top 10 now by reaching the 4th round in Wimbledon? I think a title at Stanford might already do the trick.

Maria Croft
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Her hardcourt schedule looks excellent, she's playing three big tournaments with a week of rest in between every time, can't wait for the hardcourt season to begin :D

Sp!ffy
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:20 PM
I think she is ranked 14th after Wimbledon...

Break My Rapture
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Only 14th? :lol: My bad. But I think 17-10 are pretty close to each other right? :unsure:

Masha Fierce
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I think she is ranked 14th after Wimbledon...

15th ,,
after Vera reached the SF .

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:32 PM
the only problem seems to be her Final showing at Toronto!!
There is such a tough Field there this year with all the top 10 participating and also Henin,Ivanovic has confirmed!!So Maria should start with a win in Stanford just to gain confidence and then we'll see!!

Break My Rapture
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:36 PM
In their current forms, Ana will not really be trouble for Maria. :shrug:
Not really convinced with Henin's level of play this year either.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Didn't Serena and Venus play Stanford last year? Maybe they'll do it again. I want a revenge.:angel:

slamchamp
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Not me:o I just want her to win the title:lol:

DiogoP.
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Didn't Serena and Venus play Stanford last year? Maybe they'll do it again. I want a revenge.:angel:

I want her to play against Venus, last year she lost in QF to her, so a win would be :drool:

Sp!ffy
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Eh, the only person I can see stopping Maria this US Open series is Serena Williams who doesnt participate at all...well hardly. Venus Williams isnt the same player that she used to be. Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin are still just error-prone.

If Maria keeps improving from what we've seen during her clay and grass seasons, then this part of the season should be hers.

It sucks that she only went up 2 spots in the rankings...

gc-spurs
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Gimme and ARad matchup

Lucas_Arg
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:06 AM
The dangerous players are Kim and JuJu for the USO Series, all the rest of the players choke and Serena DOESN'T CARE, unless she faces Maria ar the first round, I believe she would rather die before losing again against Maria.
If Pova doesn't win Stanford I will be extremely dissapointing.

P_Fer
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:45 AM
Good luck in Stanford, and the rest of the summer hardcourt series, Maria! :D

perseus2006
Jun 30th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Three tournaments for the US Open Series is the same as last year. About 15 potential matches to sharpen her instincts and anticipation and hone her groundies and serve. Pova seems serious about being a contender at the US Open.

Pova will have a week off between Stanford and Cincinnati but Cincinnati and Montreal go back to back. Then there is a week off between Montreal and the US Open. Five weeks of tennis in a seven week period; that's a lot of tennis for Pova!

There is a maximum of 2270 ranking points for winning all three. Last year Pova played Stanford for 120 points, L.A. for 200 and Toronto for 500. So, overall, she is defending 820 points in the US Open Series.

If the players remain close to the same order as they are now (they won't but one has to start somewhere) Pova needs to earn at least 1100 points in the Series to get in the 9-12 seeding group for the Open. This is a very doable task.

She would have to win all three tournaments and hope for some "good" luck to make it into the 4-8 group. The probability is not high for this result.

Sp!ffy
Jun 30th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Three tournaments for the US Open Series is the same as last year. About 15 potential matches to sharpen her instincts and anticipation and hone her groundies and serve. Pova seems serious about being a contender at the US Open.

Pova will have a week off between Stanford and Cincinnati but Cincinnati and Montreal go back to back. Then there is a week off between Montreal and the US Open. Five weeks of tennis in a seven week period; that's a lot of tennis for Pova!

There is a maximum of 2270 ranking points for winning all three. Last year Pova played Stanford for 120 points, L.A. for 200 and Toronto for 500. So, overall, she is defending 820 points in the US Open Series.

If the players remain close to the same order as they are now (they won't but one has to start somewhere) Pova needs to earn at least 1100 points in the Series to get in the 9-12 seeding group for the Open. This is a very doable task.

She would have to win all three tournaments and hope for some "good" luck to make it into the 4-8 group. The probability is not high for this result.
Top 10 seems very doable now. Thanks for the clarification! She has a lot of points to gain at Stanford and Cincinnati and who knows, maybe she will go one further in Montreal. :inlove:

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 30th, 2010, 08:18 AM
IMO Venus will play at Stanford!!She was in the finals last year there and she will lose a lot of points if she doesn't defend them but who knows!@!and I said it before Maria must feel confident of her tennis to play all these tournaments!!I heard that the Cincinnati tournament she is obligated to play cause of the rules of WTA since she missed Miami!!But I can't wait to see her play again and with 2270 points to be taken she can reach the top 10 before Us open!! I would love to see her at the YEC at the end of the year!!

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 30th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Yeah, i would like to see her playing well too, but oh boy i am so afraid of Serenas serve! :eek:

Break My Rapture
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:55 PM
I'm looking forward a lot to the US Open series now that she's playing 3 tournaments, which means we'll be seeing her a lot! :cheer:
If she trains hard after her trip to Belarus, I can see Maria reaching the top 10 even before the US Open since she has 2 tournaments where she can add a lot of points to her ranking. :D

Craig.
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Who's entered Stanford?

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:57 PM
# Elena Dementieva RUS
# Samantha Stosur AUS
# Agnieszka Radwanska POL
# Marion Bartoli FRA
# Shahar Peer ISR
# Yanina Wickmayer BEL
# Maria Sharapova RUS
# Vera Zvonareva RUS
# Jie Zheng CHN
# Daniela Hantuchova SVK
# Alisa Kleybanova RUS
# Maria Kirilenko RUS
# Melanie Oudin USA
# Olga Govortsova BLR
# Dominika Cibulkova SVK
# Aleksandra Wozniak CAN
# Sybille Bammer AUT
# Kimiko Date Krumm JPN
# sr72 Ashley Harkleroad USA
# Yung-Jan Chan TPE
# Alla Kudryavtseva RUS
# Chanelle Scheepers RSA
# wc Ana Ivanovic SRB

Craig.
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Definitely winnable :shrug: If she's not Poova of course.

Break My Rapture
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:30 PM
I want revenge on that Oudin gurl. Like as soon as possible.

slamchamp
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:36 PM
yea and with a bagel, no less... That match was Maria's worst of her career she has to beat her big time now

Break My Rapture
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:39 PM
So true. All of the hype around her was just because Dementieva and Maria had no serve. :rolleyes: And Nadia being a headcase, of course.

Mistress of Evil
Jun 30th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Yeap I want Oudin in r1 as well.
Masha vs Lena final will be :inlove:

Sp!ffy
Jun 30th, 2010, 05:58 PM
I cant believe Oudin got the satisfaction of being able to say she beat THE Maria Sharapova :(

And I bet she thought Maria's 21 doublefaults was because she was pressuring her serve :haha:lol:

US OPEN
1R Sharapova def M. Oudin 6-2 6-0
2R Sharapova def L. Safarova 6-4 6-2
3R Sharapova def G. Dulko 6-2 6-2
4R Sharapova def M. Kirilenko 6-0 6-0 :inlove:
QF Sharapova def Z. Jie 7-5 6-1
SF Sharapova def J. Henin 6-4 6-2
F Sharapova def S. Williams 6-7 7-6 7-6

Sp!ffy
Jun 30th, 2010, 06:00 PM
# Elena Dementieva RUS
# Samantha Stosur AUS
# Agnieszka Radwanska POL
# Marion Bartoli FRA
# Shahar Peer ISR
# Yanina Wickmayer BEL
# Maria Sharapova RUS
# Vera Zvonareva RUS
# Jie Zheng CHN
# Daniela Hantuchova SVK
# Alisa Kleybanova RUS
# Maria Kirilenko RUS
# Melanie Oudin USA
# Olga Govortsova BLR
# Dominika Cibulkova SVK
# Aleksandra Wozniak CAN
# Sybille Bammer AUT
# Kimiko Date Krumm JPN
# sr72 Ashley Harkleroad USA
# Yung-Jan Chan TPE
# Alla Kudryavtseva RUS
# Chanelle Scheepers RSA
# wc Ana Ivanovic SRB
Woah :weirdo: She still plays??

dsanders06
Jun 30th, 2010, 06:17 PM
DEFINITELY time to step it up Maria, starting with a win in Stanford, nothing less. Tbh, I think she's capable of beating anyone on hard courts other than Serena and Clijsters. :shrug:

slamchamp
Jun 30th, 2010, 06:30 PM
DEFINITELY time to step it up Maria, starting with a win in Stanford, nothing less. Tbh, I think she's capable of beating anyone on hard courts other than Serena and Clijsters. :shrug:
and Clijsters?? I think Maria would be the favourite against her

dsanders06
Jun 30th, 2010, 06:53 PM
and Clijsters?? I think Maria would be the favourite against her

I'm not sure... Clijsters historically does very well on North American hard courts.

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 30th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Maria has figured out her serve so I'm not worried about her anymore!!
She will do well in the summer tournaments I'm very positive hopefully she doesn't let me down!!

perseus2006
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:18 PM

Given MashaFierce mode:

I've got to go with slamchamp concerning Kim, Pova would come through.

If Pova can get a half dozen to ten hard court matches before facing Serenka again, anything other than an outright win would be a setback for Pova.

If you get a chance to watch the Wimbledon match again, keep track of the number of points Pova threw away into the top of the net on important points. That total will be on the order of three times her number of DF's.

Just plain vanilla rusty ground play lost that match for Pova. She can correct that with hard practice and continuous match play. That's why I am so eagerly anticipating her Series play before the Open - upto 15 matches to blow off the rust and, then, seven more matches at the Open...

Lucas_Arg
Jul 1st, 2010, 12:23 AM
It concerns me the fact that she wont be getting any Bye.
Hopefully she will physically ready.

Vodkapova
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:26 AM
No byes and two big tournaments in a row, can she do that? No question that she's playing great right now, well against the top players at least. But last time I can remember that she did really well two tournaments in a row was Indian Wells (W) and Miami (F) in 2006, that was all I can remember. She has never really done well in two tournaments in a row. So I expect a good Stanford, Cincinnati but probably an early round loss in Toronto.

The last time she's played two big tournaments in a row was probably Tokyo and Beijing last year, she won Tokyo and fought off Azarenka, but got outplayed by Peng the next round.

Vartan
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:42 AM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=18083921#post18083921

Vodkapova
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:49 AM
^ Haters starting to show up that she's losing to Daniela now. :tears:

Vartan
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:49 AM
I wouldn't call a 12 point lead, losing. :)

Vodkapova
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:54 AM
I exaggerated so people can vote. :lol:

Daniela is her biggest competition though. There were like 4-6 posters that +Daniela and -Maria in a row. Maria can't win Wimbledon on her own but we can help her. :p

Vartan
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:57 AM
I know! People are mostly voting for her just so Maria doesn't win.

Vartan
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:58 AM
From what I noticed, a lot of Azarenka fans are Maria fans.

Caralenko
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:55 AM
From what I noticed, a lot of Azarenka fans are Maria fans.

Is that really surprising? :tears:

Vodkapova
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:51 AM
Is that really surprising? :tears:

Will this become a regular thing? :sobbing:

Caralenko
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:08 AM
Will this become a regular thing? :sobbing:

No :ras: I'll stop posting. Just for you.

Mr.Sharapova
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:37 AM
Why did "kiwialicat" but a plus on Daniela and not on Maria!!I though he was a Maria fan or something:help::scratch:

Vodkapova
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:38 AM
No :ras: I'll stop posting. Just for you.

Nooo. :crying2:

Vodkapova
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:46 AM
You can stay if you use this. :hearts:

http://i46.tinypic.com/1zg5lac.jpg

Mr.Sharapova
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:10 AM
GUYSSSS Maria is loosing by 1 Point now against Daniela please vote!@!!

Vodkapova
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:26 AM
They know they can get Maria out of that thing by voting for Daniela. :lol:

Lucas_Arg
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:30 PM
No byes and two big tournaments in a row, can she do that? No question that she's playing great right now, well against the top players at least. But last time I can remember that she did really well two tournaments in a row was Indian Wells (W) and Miami (F) in 2006, that was all I can remember. She has never really done well in two tournaments in a row. So I expect a good Stanford, Cincinnati but probably an early round loss in Toronto.

The last time she's played two big tournaments in a row was probably Tokyo and Beijing last year, she won Tokyo and fought off Azarenka, but got outplayed by Peng the next round.
She also won Zurich and Linz back to back. She will be fine, but she will need easy first rounds .

Mr.Sharapova
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:40 PM
OMG kvitova is playing really well..I though its gonna be easy for Rena!!

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:40 PM
If Serena loses this...:o

Mr.Sharapova
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:50 PM
If Serena loses this...:o

I want her to loose this match!!and the commentator just said that Kvitova reminds him Sharapova and her performance against Serena in 2004 and made it:bounce:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:20 PM
Kvitova today can't touch Maria's 2004 pinky.:o

Btw, wasn't Maria supposed to have a new Prince bag at every Grand Slam...:scratch:

Vartan
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:43 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=412492&page=47

!

WTAtennisfan15
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:48 PM
I gave a point to Maria!

WTAtennisfan15
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:50 PM
...the commentator just said that Kvitova reminds him Sharapova and her performance against Serena in 2004 and made it:bounce:

But seriously, Maria made it, but Kvitova didnt!;)

Mr.Sharapova
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:59 PM
But seriously, Maria made it, but Kvitova didnt!;)Thats why she Is MARIA SHARAPOVA isn't it:D:D

WTAtennisfan15
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:11 PM
Thats why she Is MARIA SHARAPOVA isn't it:D:D

Yes absolutely, thats why!!!

Of course im not trying to underestimate Kvitova but still, maria has something no one can learn, i mean that you just have, or you dont!! Its simple as that!

madmax
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:28 PM
that Kvitova's reference to Maria at 17 I think is a bit exaggerated and dumbfounding LOL...no way her level could touch Masha's level of that year - painting all the lines and barely missing. Maria simply does everything better than her (except probably volleys though)

WTAtennisfan15
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:30 PM
that Kvitova's reference to Maria at 17 I think is a bit exaggerated and dumbfounding LOL...no way her level could touch Masha's level of that year - painting all the lines and barely missing. Maria simply does everything better than her (except probably volleys though)

Very good point!

slamchamp
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:13 PM
true these girls have one match or 4 games(in the case of kvitova today) where she was killing the ball and making excellent shots..but with Maria it was always playing like that, that's why she's so remarkable:hearts:

NadalSharapova
Jul 2nd, 2010, 12:04 AM
who doesn't want serena to lose? not many people will be watching the womens final for sure.

perseus2006
Jul 2nd, 2010, 05:05 AM
What!?! I definitely want to see Vera beat Serenka.

Vodkapova
Jul 2nd, 2010, 05:14 AM
Unfortunately we will see Vera crumble mentally against Serena. But on the bright side, the WTA Tour will be saved.

atominside
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:36 AM
completely agree with you terry-- my nickname for you
and idk if this is the wrong place, but can someone explain that Wimbledon seed elimination thingy that vartan posts? i really dont understand. i checked the 1st page of it but still dont understand. can someone explain it to a retard pleeeeeeeze :)

Vodkapova
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:51 AM
completely agree with you terry-- my nickname for you
and idk if this is the wrong place, but can someone explain that Wimbledon seed elimination thingy that vartan posts? i really dont understand. i checked the 1st page of it but still dont understand. can someone explain it to a retard pleeeeeeeze :)

It's just some competition thing where you're allowed to add one point to a player and deduct one point from a player on the list. Once a player's points get deducted to 0 they are eliminated and the last name on the list wins. I think Vartan is encouraging people to vote (in every thread :sobbing: ).

WTAtennisfan15
Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:06 PM
So serena won it, that makes me feel better because Maria was only one to take 10 games from her! So Maria was the best of those who lost to her!

Vartan
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Guys... How do you buy premium?

Vodkapova
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Guys... How do you buy premium?

Are you getting Premium? :bigclap:

http://www.tennisforum.com/payments.php

Vartan
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:58 AM
Are you getting Premium? :bigclap:

http://www.tennisforum.com/payments.php

Yeah, I want bigger Maria banners :drool:

Thank you!

Vartan
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:10 AM
One more question, Teerin, how do I remove the golden thing under my username?

Vodkapova
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:38 AM
I'm pretty sure you can request that in the "Remove my flag" thread. ;)

Caralenko
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Yeah, I want bigger Maria banners :drool:

Thank you!

I much preffered your old avatar :sobbing:

Vartan
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:47 AM
I much preffered your old avatar :sobbing:

I can't find the original photo to make it bigger :sobbing:

Caralenko
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:12 AM
I can't find the original photo to make it bigger :sobbing:

Evidently you did :sobbing: Atleast now I can recognise you. That and the P▲va bit was always Vartan :tears:

Vodkapova
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:24 AM
I always like that Tag Heur picture of her. Adal had a GOAT avatar of that and matching banners but I don't know where it went. :tears:

Vartan
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:35 AM
I will go back to my new avi, for now, kind of tired of the old one.

Caralenko
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:42 AM
That's ok. I paid a tribute to you anyway. :tears:

Vodkapova
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:43 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

I can't goodrep you. :hysteric:

Vartan
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:45 AM

:lol: You are too funny <3! Please lurk Maria's forums more often.

Maria Croft
Jul 4th, 2010, 08:27 AM
I really don't think her mission should be to beat a top 40 player since she was the only player to actually push Serena at Wimbledon. I think her mission should be to win the title :yeah:

gc-spurs
Jul 4th, 2010, 10:26 AM
I really don't think her mission should be to beat a top 40 player since she was the only player to actually push Serena at Wimbledon. I think her mission should be to win the title :yeah:

:yeah: yeahhhh boi!

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 4th, 2010, 10:26 AM

Yeah, but if she wins the title without beating anyone in the top 40... that would be kind of sad.:tears:
It's not about winning matches and titles, imo, but beating real quality players along the way. This will only help her in clutch situations in the slams. Knowing that she can still beat the top dogs!:drool:

Andy.
Jul 4th, 2010, 10:34 AM
And I think she is starting to believe that again after the last few months she has had especially with her matches against Justine and Serena. Im pretty confident now that as long as her level doesnt drop she should be able to beat pretty much everyone on hardcourt expect an in form Williams sister. With the field how it is I would be a little dissapointed if she didnt come away with the Stanford title baring terrible scheduling/weather/bad luck etc.

Vodkapova
Jul 4th, 2010, 10:34 AM
X75bHDpi4oI

She was the only one who really challenged Serena, but Serena was just too good. If she keeps up the good play, she'll be on top in no time. Problem is, will she keep up the good play? She only seems to step up against the top players.

Andy.
Jul 4th, 2010, 10:42 AM
True but since her comeback match in Madrid she hasnt really lost to anyone she shouldnt have (well maybe Li Na) but she was on fire and Maria had played 4 matches in 2 days. Im pretty confident now in Maria not losing to people she shouldn't. Plus hardcourt is her best surface. Maybe ive gone from no confidence to too much confidence haha.

Caralenko
Jul 4th, 2010, 11:26 AM
True but since her comeback match in Madrid she hasnt really lost to anyone she shouldnt have (well maybe Li Na) but she was on fire and Maria had played 4 matches in 2 days.

Stepping in from lurking for a sec, Li Na is a top 10 player and Maria had nothing to be ashamed of losing to her on grass :lol: She is no Alla K. or Dulko.

Shafanovic.
Jul 4th, 2010, 11:40 AM
subscribing :)

hi cara :wavey:

WTAtennisfan15
Jul 4th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Stepping in from lurking for a sec, Li Na is a top 10 player and Maria had nothing to be ashamed of losing to her on grass :lol: She is no Alla K. or Dulko.

EXACTLY, but Maria just isnt guite there yet!
Now Maria has to train her serve harder than ever! There is a chain effect in here game, when she serves well.. she plays well, but the downside is that, when she serves poorly she plays poorly! Players like Serena has got so much of confidence to their serves that they can play terribly from the ground, but they win matches like those with their serve!
Maria also has to practice that serve return!
She is not reading her opponents serve directions as well as she used to!;)

shaktincredible
Jul 4th, 2010, 01:38 PM
i'd never thought if cara is a sharapova's fan :eek:

Break My Rapture
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Your banner. :hysteric: :bowdown:

Vartan
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:17 PM
i'd never thought if cara is a sharapova's fan :eek:

Cara is a closeted Masha fan. :lol:

shaktincredible
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Cara is a closeted Masha fan. :lol:

and he/she is also a fan of yours?? (sharapovartan) :p

madmax
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Maria has a good chance to win US Open this year, and her draw wouldn't even matter this time. Hardcourts are her best surface and she plays her best game on them - even last year, with shaky serve and DF-ing in almost every single game she did very well, winning a Tier I and reaching the final of another. I see no reason why she wouldn't improve her results this year, barring any injury of course...

Maria Croft
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:46 PM
If Maria keeps improving and she's injury free I also think she has a chance to win the US Open. Sure, she's not made the QF of a slam in over a year, but her last two losses were against Justine who lost to Stosur who also beat Serena and Jankovic before losing herself and to the eventual champion again, and was the only one to actually trouble GOAT serving Serena.

Since coming back in Madrid she's only had one bad loss, against Li, and she's playing the best tennis of her career.

I have to be honest, I would not at all be surprised if Maria would go on the win the US Open series only to crash out early at the US Open, because I'm still not very confident she won't just crash and burn out of nowhere anymore. But from what I've seen in the last few weeks (and previous years really) I think she's more than capable to win the US Open this year.

Break My Rapture
Jul 5th, 2010, 02:39 PM
A title here would put Maria only around 150 points behind #10. I think she can add 150 points if she does decent in Cincy but then again she also has her LA points to defend there. :unsure:

Vartan
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:33 PM
She is 4th on the list of most points to defend before the USO.

DiogoP.
Jul 5th, 2010, 07:22 PM
She's playing really well right now, she could easily be seeded #12 or higher in USO.

Lucas_Arg
Jul 5th, 2010, 11:57 PM
A title here would put Maria only around 150 points behind #10. I think she can add 150 points if she does decent in Cincy but then again she also has her LA points to defend there. :unsure:

She should be at least 12 by the USO, top ten is very possible too.

Mashabator
Jul 6th, 2010, 02:53 AM
So keen for this tournament :inlove:

Vartan
Jul 6th, 2010, 02:55 AM
If it happened a month later, I could see her play because that's when I'm visiting my friend :(

Mashabator
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:10 AM
If it happened a month later, I could see her play because that's when I'm visiting my friend :(

:hug: Hopefully u get to see her one day, i wish i could see her play too :bigcry:

Vartan
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:16 AM
At this year's USO hopefully. I was going to go to the second week of last years USO, but you know what happened...

Mashabator
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:30 AM
:sobbing: Im going to AO2012 ill see her then probably! but i wish shed come to sydney! :tears:

Vartan
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:37 AM
:sobbing: Im going to AO2012 ill see her then probably! but i wish shed come to sydney! :tears:

Hopefully she is not retired, married with children, by then :hysteric:

Vodkapova
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:40 AM
It's just two years from now. :sobbing:

Vartan
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:44 AM
It's just two years from now. :sobbing:

Exactly :hysteric:

They are going to a friend's wedding, together... :unsure: Hopefully she is not catching any bouquets.

Vaidisova Ruled
Jul 6th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Wasn't Maria supposed to do an exo with Serena at the begining of July?

Lachy
Jul 6th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Wasn't Maria supposed to do an exo with Serena at the begining of July?

Yeah, it got cancelled though.

Vaidisova Ruled
Jul 6th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Yeah, it got cancelled though.
oh I didn't know, too bad
Anyone know why ? The tickets weren't selling?

Lachy
Jul 6th, 2010, 07:48 AM
oh I didn't know, too bad
Anyone know why ? The tickets weren't selling?

:lol:
Here's an article:
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5294724
No real reason though. :shrug:

Vaidisova Ruled
Jul 6th, 2010, 08:03 AM
:lol:
Here's an article:
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5294724
No real reason though. :shrug:
ok, thanks
That's weird. Because I'm sure americans would love to see Andy vs isner (after that epic isner mahut match), and a maria vs serena match is always intense. I guess we'll never know:shrug:

oneandonly
Jul 6th, 2010, 08:08 AM
*subscribes*

Oh can't wait for Maria's matches to be in the middle of the night again. Not. :sobbing:

Vaidisova Ruled
Jul 6th, 2010, 08:11 AM
*subscribes*

Oh can't wait for Maria's matches to be in the middle of the night again. Not. :sobbing:
At least we will have this good old 24/7 livestream with no sounds !

oneandonly
Jul 6th, 2010, 08:22 AM
At least we will have this good old 24/7 livestream with no sounds !
If it wasn't for that stream, I wouldn't even bother. :lol:

DoublefaultPova
Jul 6th, 2010, 08:50 AM
X75bHDpi4oI

She was the only one who really challenged Serena, but Serena was just too good. If she keeps up the good play, she'll be on top in no time. Problem is, will she keep up the good play? She only seems to step up against the top players.

I remember screaming when she hit that return at 2:30. Amazing shot.

Vodkapova
Jul 6th, 2010, 09:00 AM
If it wasn't for that stream, I wouldn't even bother. :lol:

The security camera. :bowdown:

Mashabator
Jul 6th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Hopefully she is not retired, married with children, by then :hysteric:

:speakles: Dont even say that :sobbing:

WTAtennisfan15
Jul 6th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Please guys visit in that thread http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=414085

Vartan
Jul 6th, 2010, 12:28 PM
:speakles: Dont even say that :sobbing:

:hug:

NewShoulderPlz.
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Bank of The West Classic
Here is some breaking news...Maria Sharapova will open play at the 2010 Bank of the West Classic on Tuesday, July 27 at 7 pm. Tickets start at just $26.

http://www.facebook.com/BankWestClassic/

Break My Rapture
Jul 6th, 2010, 07:21 PM
:cheer:

~MashyOwnThemAll
Jul 6th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Davaj ! :banana:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 6th, 2010, 07:47 PM
That's 4am in Germany.:spit:

Break My Rapture
Jul 6th, 2010, 07:48 PM
And in Belgium. :tears: FACK.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Jul 6th, 2010, 08:11 PM
here too -.-" :D

Lefty.
Jul 6th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Gdi, should have bought tickets for earlier in the week since semis and finals tickets were 76 and 82 dollars each respectively. :tears:

DiogoP.
Jul 6th, 2010, 08:30 PM
3am in Portugal, I hope she finishes her matches fast :)

Craig.
Jul 6th, 2010, 08:46 PM
10PM in Montreal :hearts:

DiogoP.
Jul 6th, 2010, 08:57 PM
10PM in Montreal :hearts:

Lucky you :lol:

Sp!ffy
Jul 6th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Does anyone know if Stanford has a stream in all the rounds?

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 6th, 2010, 10:40 PM
^^There is an unmovable camera that is fixed on CC. No sound, just one camera angle, but you can see.:lol: There is also another one on the training courts, but I don't know if it's 24/7.:)

~MashyOwnThemAll
Jul 6th, 2010, 11:25 PM

If she will win this match then it worth to wait as always :hehehe:

Sp!ffy
Jul 6th, 2010, 11:51 PM
^^There is an unmovable camera that is fixed on CC. No sound, just one camera angle, but you can see.:lol: There is also another one on the training courts, but I don't know if it's 24/7.:)

:eek:
Is it a good camera angle lol?

Lucas_Arg
Jul 7th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Coverage starts at QF I think, but we got the camera for the first two rounds, it's better than nothing.
Here in Argentina de US tournaments are perfect for my time.

Lachy
Jul 7th, 2010, 12:46 AM
I feel like a secret spy with that camera :angel:

Mashabator
Jul 7th, 2010, 02:08 AM
I think thats 12pm for me :cheer:

Vodkapova
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:54 AM
When is she playing WTT? Or is she playing at all? :unsure:

That's 4am in Germany.:spit:

And in Belgium. :tears: FACK.

here too -.-" :D

Welcome to United States of America. :worship:

claypova
Jul 8th, 2010, 05:08 AM
12pm. :hysteric:

Mashabator
Jul 8th, 2010, 05:12 AM
FML ill be at school, just realised! would so rather it be during the middle of the night :(

WTAtennisfan15
Jul 8th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Its starts 6am in finnish time, so thats actually a good time!

Sp!ffy
Jul 8th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Most of the year I'm forced to wake up at ridiculous times just to watch tennis so this is finally the time where I can watch tennis at a regular, normal time :drool:

Maria Croft
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:19 AM
I actually like this time of year where I just go to bed and wake up to find the results, no drama or heart attacks for me :lol: :p

Mashabator
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:54 PM
No matter what time she plays i watch (unless im at school :sobbing:)

Mr.Sharapova
Jul 9th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I watch her like everytime no matter the clock!!I hate this time of the year cause I have to wake up early in the morning to watch her but well I'm used to it now lol!!

Vaidisova Ruled
Jul 9th, 2010, 07:35 PM
oh my god, G.M. is so annoying. If it wasn't for all the informations that I learn in the Siberian Siren forum (pictures/news/articles), I would have left TF a long time ago. There is absolutely no discussion. I feel like I'm wasting my time here.

xan
Jul 9th, 2010, 11:14 PM
According to her Facebook page, Maria has already ended her Italian holiday, and started hardcourt training in Europe.

Signs perhaps that she is taking the HC season very seriously this year....

Vartan
Jul 9th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Ajde! :bounce: Win them all Masha!

denny5576
Jul 10th, 2010, 07:10 AM
According to her Facebook page, Maria has already ended her Italian holiday, and started hardcourt training in Europe.

Signs perhaps that she is taking the HC season very seriously this year....
No. On the contrary. She stays in Europe simply because Sasha stays in Europe. But this stay will costs her loss of 3-4 training days. Usually Maria returns to States after Wimbledon during her vacation. That's why she is not losing training days because of jet tag and acclimatization. But now she'll return to LA at the middle of her training schedule. So she'll lose 3-4 training days...

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 10th, 2010, 07:56 AM
^^In the article I read about her stay in Italy it said that she would actually start training in Europe.;)

WTAtennisfan15
Jul 10th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Vielleicht findet sie es erfrischend! :)
Sie können sich entspannen und genieben ihr Leben!

denny5576
Jul 10th, 2010, 08:47 AM
^^In the article I read about her stay in Italy it said that she would actually start training in Europe.;)
Yes. And that's the problem. She'll return to US at the middle of her training schedule and automatically will lose 3-4 days because of the travel, jet tag and acclimatization.
If she had returned to the States during her vacation (as usually she does every year excluding this one) such problem (loss of training days) is automatically avoided.

Falling
Jul 10th, 2010, 10:15 AM
hope a good american season for her..

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 10th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Yes. And that's the problem. She'll return to US at the middle of her training schedule and automatically will lose 3-4 days because of the travel, jet tag and acclimatization.
If she had returned to the States during her vacation (as usually she does every year excluding this one) such problem (loss of training days) is automatically avoided.

Eh. You're a bit over dramatic here. Maria is already back in the states and training and she excited Wimbledon less than two weeks ago.

Maria Croft
Jul 10th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Who cares where she is training really, as long as she is training, which she's always doing anyway.

denny5576
Jul 10th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Maria is already back in the states and training and she excited Wimbledon less than two weeks ago.
Are you sure she is back in the States? Do you know when she arrived?

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 10th, 2010, 05:12 PM
^^Ok, I read her doodle wrong. She's back training, but she's training in Europe. Still, I don't think it's a problem.:shrug:

Mr.Sharapova
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:28 PM
When is the Draw coming out??

DiogoP.
Jul 12th, 2010, 08:24 PM
The draw will be announced July 24.

joão.
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:21 PM
She's playing doubles with Wickmayer? :weirdo:

goldenlox
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:26 PM
She's playing doubles with Wickmayer? :weirdo:Bank of The West Classic (http://www.facebook.com/BankWestClassic) Here is some breaking news...Maria Sharapova has confirmed that she will also play doubles at this year's Bank of the West Classic. She will team with Yanina Wickmayer of Belgium

Break My Rapture
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:27 PM
NOOO OMMGGGG NOOOOOOO.

Not with Wickmayer? :bigcry:

Jacey
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Bank of The West Classic (http://www.facebook.com/BankWestClassic) Here is some breaking news...Maria Sharapova has confirmed that she will also play doubles at this year's Bank of the West Classic. She will team with Yanina Wickmayer of Belgium

say what?

are they friends, does anyone know a anything about this?

I could be jumping the gun here but does anyone else think that indeed Maria isn't getting as much needed practice before her hardcourt season starts. Hence the reason she's playing doubles.

Break My Rapture
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Why couldn't she play with Vika? :bigcry:

Vika >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wickmayer in every aspect. :sobbing:

Lachy
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:30 PM
:haha:

Jovana.
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:33 PM
*death* :rolls:

Craig.
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Why Wickmayer? :hysteric:

Mr.Sharapova
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:42 PM
OMG why is Maria entering also the Doubles!!
I hope it does well to her and her serving issues!!
Wickmayer:hysteric::hysteric:

madmax
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I wonder why is she not teaming up with a good doubles player like Kirilenko while she's at it? LilMasha is her friend and she plays Stanford too...but who knows - maybe Yuppeemayer was the only available option at a time.

Break My Rapture
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Ugh there are loads of other, and better, dubs players than Wickmayer playing there. Why would she want to play with her?
They must like each other then, which I hope is not true. http://i42.tinypic.com/21l49qx.jpg

Break My Rapture
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I wonder why is she not teaming up with a good doubles player like Kirilenko while she's at it? LilMasha is her friend and she plays Stanford too...but who knows - maybe Yuppeemayer was the only available option at a time.
Exactly. :shrug:

Mr.Sharapova
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:48 PM
This is shaping up to be a good tournament for Maria..I hope she beats a top 10 player here

~MashyOwnThemAll
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Bad idea actually, I think :weirdo:

I could be jumping the gun here but does anyone else think that indeed Maria isn't getting as much needed practice before her hardcourt season starts. Hence the reason she's playing doubles.

Damn Masha. :fiery:

LAZY!

Stay at Italy/Europe forever....

Her "training reasons" is clearly bulls*it! :fiery:

Don't hope for a good HC season :hysteric:

MaitaBaby
Jul 12th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Maybe her team thinks it'll be smart to work on her movement and volleying in actual matches. We'll find out soon enough.

I was hoping she'd play with Lena V again.

They're friends. She understands that she will most likely fuck up Kiri's chances at a dubs title. :lol:

xan
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Yep. I don't know when Maria last won a doubles match. It's a skill that has to be picked up, and I don't suppose whe wants to wreck the chances of a serious contender. Hopefully she will get through a round or two of doubles though....

Sp!ffy
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Ugh there are loads of other, and better, dubs players than Wickmayer playing there. Why would she want to play with her?
They must like each other then, which I hope is not true. http://i42.tinypic.com/21l49qx.jpg

Like a Sharapova-Kirilenko like? Or a Sharapova-Camilla Belle like??? :eek:

Anyways, lmfao @ Maria playing doubles. I love the idea. Just love it. Cant wait to see this shit. I think I'm going to go to Stanford tournament now, even if its kinda far.

Break My Rapture
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Dunno. :lol: I don't even know for sure if they like each other, but as someone said here earlier I also think Wickmayer was a last resort in the search for a doubles partner. :lol:

Sp!ffy
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Hahah I can just picture Sharapova being denied by all these players. I would like to see her team up with Vania King...

I dont think she or Wickmayer expect to win the title anyway so I guess it doesnt matter who their partners are.

Reptilia
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Woa wasn't expecting that, awesome! I like Wickmayer so i'm excited for this :drool:

tvbsharapova
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Maria has confirmed that she will play doubles with Yanina Wickmayer of Belgium at the 2010 Bank of the West Classic in Stanford which begins on July 26th.

Vodkapova
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Yanina? Oh God. Isn't there anyone else? :o

tvbsharapova
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:19 AM

Official website,I hope she don't play doubles match

pokey camp
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:25 AM
I'm guessing Wickmayer fans are saying pretty much the same thing. Just insert Masha for Yanina. :lol: ;)

Break My Rapture
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:27 AM
They better not. :weirdo: Anyway I don't like this combination, Wickmayer is actually a wannabe Maria without technique and mental strength.

MaitaBaby
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:30 AM
So much pent up anger. From where? No one will ever know.

Vodkapova
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Girl has a bad attitude especially her handshakes. But she said she has the same game with Maria or whatever she said.

slamchamp
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:32 AM
stop hating on wickmayer:o

Break My Rapture
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:32 AM
She thinks she has. She thinks she is a hype, but she's not. She can barely muster the courage to give her opponent a decent handshake (even against fellow countrywoman Clijsters) after a bad/tight loss. :weirdo:

pokey camp
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:35 AM
They better not. :weirdo: Anyway I don't like this combination, Wickmayer is actually a wannabe Maria without technique and mental strength.
Ah I couldn’t blame them if they did. Maria's not exactly known for her doubles skills.

I'm neutral on Wickmayer... maybe this pairing will surprise us and get a couple of wins? :shrug:

Shafanovic.
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:48 AM
Personally, I love this combination.

I love both Masha and Wickmayer and I can't wait to see them on court together :inlove:

Hope there will be a stream for their first round, and I hope they win :lol:

Lucas_Arg
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Maria can't be too picky. She is not a great doubles players either.
Nina is fine. Glad to hear she has a friend out there...

Mashabator
Jul 13th, 2010, 03:59 AM
I love Yanina :inlove: AMAZE pairing!

Sp!ffy
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:06 AM
I'm guessing Wickmayer fans are saying pretty much the same thing. Just insert Masha for Yanina. :lol: ;)

Wickmayer has fans? :lol::haha:

Kidding....totally....:p

Maria Croft
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Who cares about who she plays with anyway?

It's just about getting some extra training it and maybe work on some stuff in an actual tennis match. I hope it isn't just a one time thing but we'll see more of that in the future.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:02 AM
I really like the idea of Masha playing doubles!:yeah:

Maybe they'll let her play on CC, so that we can see her match!:bounce:

WTAtennisfan15
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Masha and Yasha!

Break My Rapture
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Wickmayer has fans? :lol::haha:

Kidding....totally....:p
:rolls:

WTAtennisfan15
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Ok that was little :p

Ksenia.
Jul 13th, 2010, 02:46 PM
What's wrong with this forum lately? Why are some people always critical about Sasha, now about Yanina? I thought we're supporting Masha (hence are respectful to her her choices) here? :scratch:

Nina.
Jul 13th, 2010, 02:50 PM
What's wrong with this forum lately? Why are some people always critical about Sasha, now about Yanina? I thought we're supporting Masha (hence are respectful to her her choices) here? :scratch:

I support this. Nobody had to become a Wickmayer fan (I'm not at all) but it's Masha's choice and I'm curious how she's gonna do in doubles.

Mr.Sharapova
Jul 13th, 2010, 02:56 PM
I think deep inside we are all wanting to see Maria play doubles and singles at the same tournament!!
I mean we can't get enough of Masha can we!!

JadeFox
Jul 13th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Maria and Nina playing doubles? Great! :bounce: Given how wacky the WTA is these days, they'll probably win. :lol:

WTAtennisfan15
Jul 13th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Well they wont win for sure, but i hope that they dont lose in the first round!

Vartan
Jul 13th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I hope the reason for this is to perfect her volleying skills and not to get more practice because she didn't get enough of it.

Sp!ffy
Jul 13th, 2010, 06:37 PM

Because Sharapova is supposed to be single and friendless forever, duh!

Reptilia
Jul 14th, 2010, 03:53 AM
So she should be seeded 5th?

slamchamp
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:31 PM

I know..some people here are just annoying with the hatred. I'm sure Yanina is a nice girl and she is defenetily a good player..so go the team!:bounce:

adamserenavenus
Jul 15th, 2010, 12:54 AM
I would like to see Maria Sharapova play Doubles at the Grand Slams especially the French Open as it will help her win her 1st French Open title, I really hope she wins Stanford she should have won Birmingham against the ugly Li Na. Maria is the defending champion at the Tokyo Open I really want her to play in the 2010 Sony Ericsson Championships in Doha. A good Doubles partner for Maria would be Kuzentsova, Kirlenko, Vesnina or Zvonareva.

Sp!ffy
Jul 15th, 2010, 02:16 AM
I would like to see Maria Sharapova play Doubles at the Grand Slams especially the French Open as it will help her win her 1st French Open title, I really hope she wins Stanford she should have won Birmingham against the ugly Li Na. Maria is the defending champion at the Tokyo Open I really want her to play in the 2010 Sony Ericsson Championships in Doha. A good Doubles partner for Maria would be Kuzentsova, Kirlenko, Vesnina or Zvonareva.

:confused:
Yes, playing doubles at GS tournaments is a good idea. But Sharapova doesnt have the natural athleticism that players like Serena and Venus have. Who knows. She played mixed doubles at the 2004 US Open I believe so it's not a total far-fetched idea.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Jul 15th, 2010, 03:07 AM
:confused:
Yes, playing doubles at GS tournaments is a good idea. But Sharapova doesnt have the natural athleticism that players like Serena and Venus have. Who knows. She played mixed doubles at the 2004 US Open I believe so it's not a total far-fetched idea.

(or anybody)
The keywords. Bad idea.

Would be very exhausting for her body.
Too weak to play more/else than single, especially in her current form.
We would see immediately on her results.

I would like to see Maria Sharapova play Doubles at the Grand Slams especially the French Open as it will help her win her 1st French Open title, I really hope she wins Stanford she should have won Birmingham against the ugly Li Na. Maria is the defending champion at the Tokyo Open I really want her to play in the 2010 Sony Ericsson Championships in Doha.

This is just a pretty dream for her most optimistic fans but it wouldn't happen. :lol:

Too late already and she never didn't take her chances in this season.

Maybe next year ...

Vartan
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:28 AM
http://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/big/JustCuz_clapping.gifhttp://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/big/JustCuz_clapping.gifhttp://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/big/JustCuz_clapping.gif Maria! http://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/big/JustCuz_clapping.gifhttp://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/big/JustCuz_clapping.gifhttp://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/big/JustCuz_clapping.gif