PDA

View Full Version : WTA Stanford -Mission: Win the tourney

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17

Andy.
Jul 31st, 2010, 12:15 PM
Don't mind them, they're just a bunch of attention seeking whores.

Venus is so much classier, I prefer her by a long mile. :bowdown:
I couldnt have said it better myself. I just dont find Serena's personality endearing at all. Venus on the other hand is all class.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jul 31st, 2010, 12:18 PM
Don't mind them, they're just a bunch of attention seeking whores.

Venus is so much classier, I prefer her by a long mile. :bowdown:

IKR. Serena has to be the worst sports personality of all time. I respect her a lot as a champion but... other than that I have nothing good to say.

Slampova
Jul 31st, 2010, 12:25 PM
Omg I fell asleep at 1-1 in the second set last night. what happened :eek:? how bad did Maria start playing :o
Next time I think I'll sleep before a Maria match starts lol :p

perseus2006
Jul 31st, 2010, 12:47 PM
:cheer:

Didn't watch.:lol: Did I miss something?

Oh, hell yes! You missed a dramatic match with grand momentum shifts and in the third set both girls played well at the same time until Pova broke Elena for 5-3. That was the first indication that Pova would ultimately win the match, which she did promptly. You missed go must see match...

denny5576
Jul 31st, 2010, 12:49 PM
HA! RT @Kfish_WTA (http://twitter.com/Kfish_WTA): Sharapova improves to 6-3 vs. Top 10 ranked opponents since returning from injury in 2008 #botw10 (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23botw10) about 6 hours ago (http://twitter.com/thedoublebagel/status/19972830556) via TweetDeck (http://www.tweetdeck.com/)

JamieOwen3
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:04 PM
after going down a break in the third maria seemed to wake up and played better than she did in both the first 2 sets.

Vartan
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:05 PM
after going down a break in the third maria seemed to wake up and played better than she did in both the first 2 sets.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Carillo said that Sharapova ate a banana at that time. :lol:

Break My Rapture
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:13 PM
I really want to watch the match. :sobbing:

JamieOwen3
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:23 PM
ask dos santos to upload it to megaupload he PROBABLY has it. he uploaded a match that he torrented to megaupload 4 me once when i requested he's :cool: like that

Mr.Sharapova
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:23 PM
Great Match from Maria.I'm so happy she got a top 10 win this year.

She will crush Radwanska I just know it.She can't lose to that Kid!

Maja and Pieter where the F*** were you!We missed you lol

Lachy
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:25 PM
What a day. That was the worst 3 hours ever :sobbing:

Mr.Sharapova
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:27 PM
http://www.twitter.com/bigsascha

He just dissed Maria. I tweeted him back. :o

What a Jerk!

He better not mess with MARIA:devil:

Vartan
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:28 PM
She is playing in 14 hours :cheer:

Lachy
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:28 PM
^ Ajde :haha:

Vartan
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:29 PM
We have matching sigs :cheer:

Lachy
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:32 PM
:woohoo: Hopefully we can have a sig with a nice trophy in it in a couple of days ;)

Vartan
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:33 PM
That's the way! :lol:

JamieOwen3
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:36 PM
i want the maria sharapova song by binge the one identical to kournikova's song which i have :lol:

Rafito.
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:37 PM
http://www.twitter.com/bigsascha

He just dissed Maria. I tweeted him back. :o

He just copped 2 reply's from me. Who does he think he is :o

claypova
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:51 PM
What a day. That was the worst 3 hours ever :sobbing:

no. the worst 3 hours was kirilenko vs sharapova :sobbing:

Vartan
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:51 PM
Relax, guys :lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:53 PM
You guys.:weirdo:

Break My Rapture
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:53 PM
LOLL :bigcry:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:55 PM
he not only insults maria but has insulted martina hingis previously what a fucking arrogant horrible personality dick twit

And what do you think you are doing?:lol:;)

Btw, so many people call Maria slow. Fans & critics alike. It's not like he called her a arrogant bitch or horrible person or ice queen or whatever else - if he even meant her at all.:shrug:

Rafito.
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:57 PM

Btw, so many people call Maria slow. Fans & critics alike. It's not like he called her a arrogant bitch or horrible person or ice queen or whatever else - if he even meant her at all.:shrug:

He also said she looks like a sheep :shrug: That is pretty insulting even if he were joking.

JamieOwen3
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:57 PM

just because fans call her slow and critics yes we know she is not the best mover but what was the point of him posting that? and yes i will call him what i want :wavey:

Nina.
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:58 PM

If he meant her it was still completely unnecessary :shrug:

JamieOwen3
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:58 PM
he wasn't joking that wasn't a joke because a joke is supposed to be funny. it was an insult. like he posted a picture of chuckie about martina childish.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:59 PM

Maria looks like a sheep? Ok.

JamieOwen3
Jul 31st, 2010, 02:01 PM
he wasn't talking about kirilenko wasn't he cause she's quite fast. it's obvious and pisses me off :mad: i don't get the point in it.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jul 31st, 2010, 02:01 PM
he wasn't joking that wasn't a joke because a joke is supposed to be funny. it was an insult. like he posted a picture of chuckie about martina childish.

Their diss on Martina was even more unnecessary.

Mr.Sharapova
Jul 31st, 2010, 02:02 PM
Of course he meant her!He mentioned that phrase cause Maria said she moved like a cow in the ice or something! Its obvious he meant her! And its really rude from him.There is no point defending him!

JamieOwen3
Jul 31st, 2010, 02:04 PM
yes it all is!! the boredom now that serena can't train must be making him insane and he must be thinking of who he can insult on tour or something? i suggest he play his x box or something :p

slamchamp
Jul 31st, 2010, 02:04 PM
where did those 15 dfs came from??:tape:

JamieOwen3
Jul 31st, 2010, 02:06 PM
where did those 15 dfs came from??:tape:

Maria's raquet :rolls:

:lol: i know more double faults than Elena these days but her serve IS better than 12 months ago THAT'S for sure.

Reptilia
Jul 31st, 2010, 02:06 PM
It's not even funny :lol:. If he wanted to insult her he could have atleast made it clever

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 31st, 2010, 02:09 PM
If he meant her it was still completely unnecessary :shrug:

Sure, that's why he didn't say Sharapova. He just said Maria. I'm 98% sure that he meant Masha, but personally, I think it's just a joke gone wrong. It wasn't in best taste, but it's also not nearly as big of a deal as some people here make it.:lol: I mea, everyone knows Maria doesn't look like a sheep.:rolleyes:

Btw, calling someone else every name in the book really doesn't belong here in my opinio and if you people continue doing so, I'll have no remorse reporting it.

gc-spurs
Jul 31st, 2010, 02:12 PM
all I'm asking is that the jokes are funny- sheep = not as cool as cow, deer, chickens, pigs...
sheep jokes are reserved for new zealanders

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jul 31st, 2010, 02:13 PM
all I'm asking is that the jokes are funny- sheep = not as cool as cow, deer, chickens, pigs...
sheep jokes are reserved for new zealanders

:lol:

Who does he think he is, he's not even a Kiwi. :rolleyes:

rucolo
Jul 31st, 2010, 02:43 PM
Nice win over Dementieva, Maria!:banana:

3 Aces, 15 DFs.:o:lol:

Sweet revenge for Toronto.:devil:

Head To Head now 9-3.

Very satisfying win!;)

Good luck in SF, Maria!

Ksenia.
Jul 31st, 2010, 02:48 PM
Why do you guys care about these tweets? :shrug:
And as if calling someone makes makes you a better person :lol: Stop being childish ;)

lefty24
Jul 31st, 2010, 03:04 PM
was it just me or did Maria's movement seem to improve a lot last night? she got back some tough shots.

edit: wow. There is a whole thread about that tweet in gm.

Mashabator
Jul 31st, 2010, 03:13 PM
Where can i DL the match? i missed it! :tears:

claypova
Jul 31st, 2010, 03:20 PM
Where can i DL the match? i missed it! :tears:

omg dont bother DLing the match:bigcry:

its nearly the worst 3 hours of tennis ive seen.

Mashabator
Jul 31st, 2010, 03:21 PM
I wanna see it anyway :bigcry:

DiogoP.
Jul 31st, 2010, 03:23 PM
I wanna see it too :)

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 31st, 2010, 03:23 PM
Crushin' It.

Marissa and I spent a good 45 minutes debating an interesting question: Who's the "better" competitor: Serena or Masha. We both agreed that they were far and away the best two (we struggled to come up with a "top five") but in the end, we were at an impasse, primarily because we each defined "better competitor" differently. For my money, I say Maria, primarily because I think that if you put her in a parking lot and made her play a playground match for $5, she would still kill herself for it. Marissa's point (oversimplified for the purposes of this point) was that if you had to pick a player who could find a way to win while not playing their best, you have to go with Serena. I think we both agreed with each other's propositions, but we disagreed over which was "better". Either way, it helped us get through what was a frigid night in Stanford as we watched what was, we debated, one of the best WTA matches of the year.

It obviously wasn't a perfect match. Both players struggled with their serves. But once the ball was in play it was ridiculously heavy, hard hitting, with both players showing that they could track down balls and get them back with angle and interest. It was a fun match to watch and I was really happy to see my Twitter feed blow up with complimentary things to say about both players. Remember, this was only Elena's second match since retiring in RG and only Maria's third match since losing to Serena at Wimbledon. Given the circumstances, this was a high-quality match that was worthy of a final.

In the end it was Masha on top, as I expected. Elena played great off the ground but her serve, as always, was too bit a liability to overcome. Masha always had a shot at breaking, taking advantage of short serves and absolutely pummeling some returns. After the match she said it took her a while to warm up and swing through the ball. Could have fooled me. She seemed to take a hack every chance she got. The quote that kept running through my head was from Spinal Tap: "But it goes to 11."

It wasn't until we got back to the press room and started reading the blogger coverage of the match that we learned that there was some controversy surrounding the ESPN court mics picking up some coaching from Mike. I guess they overheard him in the box telling Maria to serve to Demmy's backhand. I haven't seen the ESPN coverage yet so I can't really comment but for me personally, at the end of the day, I don't really care. I don't have a problem with on-court coaching and I don't have a problem with sideline coaching either. If it means we get more high quality matches, so be it. But I'm sure people disagree.

But a great win for Masha, who picks up her first Top 40 win and Top 10 win of the season. To me she's virtually booked herself into the final as she's facing Aga in the semis, a match I expect her to win easily. She's playing and competing well and she can only get better.

Watch out, world. She's back and she's relevant again. :drool::hearts::devil:

http://cowbell.typepad.com/forty_deuce/2010/07/marissa-and-i-spent-a-good-45-minutes-debating-an-interesting-question-whos-the-better-competitor-serena-or-masha-we-bot.html

denny5576
Jul 31st, 2010, 03:34 PM
was it just me or did Maria's movement seem to improve a lot last night? she got back some tough shots.

No, it is not only you.
Generally speaking here many people had wrongly assumed that Maria's movement is bad, and is much worse than in 2004 - 2005.
Many members claim Maria was running much faster in 2004 - 2005 than now. Such claim is not correct. And it is not so difficult to prove it, but takes time and requires some hours work.
I do not know the current speed of Maria, but at some matches last year she was faster than in the final of Wimbledon 2004.
This year Maria is in the best physical condition ever, like she said. Of course the acceleration and the speed are two elements which very much depend on the current level of training, not only on the general physical status of the body. Therefore it is correct to assume that her speed can improve from one tournament to another.
I personally expect Maria to be in top form at the end of the first week of US Open. So, at that time I'll try again to measure her speed and compare it to previous seasons.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 31st, 2010, 03:47 PM
No, it is not only you.
Generally speaking here many people had wrongly assumed that Maria's movement is bad, and is much worse than in 2004 - 2005.
Many members claim Maria was running much faster in 2004 - 2005 than now. Such claim is not correct. And it is not so difficult to prove it, but takes time and requires some hours work.
I do not know the current speed of Maria, but at some matches last year she was faster than in the final of Wimbledon 2004.
This year Maria is in the best physical condition ever, like she said. Of course the acceleration and the speed are two elements which very much depend on the current level of training, not only on the general physical status of the body. Therefore it is correct to assume that her speed can improve from one tournament to another.
I personally expect Maria to be in top form at the end of the first week of US Open. So, at that time I'll try again to measure her speed and compare it to previous seasons.

Ikr. So many people say that she's much slower than she was back then, but I think her movement steadily got better over the past year and this progress was only haltered by her injury time out. The injury definitely set her back (I think her movement was especially good in early 2008), but she's been progressing again.

Jacey
Jul 31st, 2010, 03:55 PM
Maria's movement was good...she did after all have the shot of the night :hearts:

Break My Rapture
Jul 31st, 2010, 04:02 PM
OMG don't make me so jealous. :crying2: I want to watch it too. :sobbing: I PMed dos santos but didn't get anything back yet. :tears:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 31st, 2010, 04:02 PM
Maria's movement was good...she did after all have the shot of the night :hearts:

What was it?

Jacey
Jul 31st, 2010, 04:30 PM
What was it?

I'll look on my dvr but I believe it was at the end of the 2nd set.

Mr.Sharapova
Jul 31st, 2010, 04:31 PM
What was it?

Can you believe it!!??
Maria made some really tough volleys.I remember a point when there was a really long rally,Maria throws a forehand down the line and Elena gets there tries to hit a shot down the line but Maria makes a Fantastic drop volley which landed near the net..It was incredible!

And also she made two more tough volleys.And some really nice shots!

Break My Rapture
Jul 31st, 2010, 04:32 PM
OMG now I want to watch it even more. :hysteric:

Jacey
Jul 31st, 2010, 04:35 PM
Ok I found it....Im a newbie in this but im going to try and upload that part of it if someone hasn't done so already.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 31st, 2010, 05:08 PM
OMG now I want to watch it even more. :hysteric:

I just want Jamie to make some highlights. :p

KV
Jul 31st, 2010, 05:09 PM
Go Masha good luck vs. Aga :)

Break My Rapture
Jul 31st, 2010, 05:10 PM
Thanks Jacey. :worship:

Break My Rapture
Jul 31st, 2010, 05:11 PM
Good luck Maria. :hearts:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 31st, 2010, 05:42 PM
Kanye West is on twitter now!:sobbing: I'm literally thisclose to joining as well.:hysteric:

MaitaBaby
Jul 31st, 2010, 05:46 PM
Keep up the good work, Serena's team. Stay classy, etc.

perseus2006
Jul 31st, 2010, 06:05 PM
This was a two hour 47 minute match. Exciting highlights would take about two hours and 34 minutes! The match was that exciting.

I recorded it and have watched the recording three times. Each time it is more exciting and delicious. BIG hitting, nifty shots, lucky shots, razzle dazzle exchanges, explosive returns, outlandish volleys for two hours and 34 minutes of shear tennis enjoyment.

Against all this is the 13 minutes it took to dispose of Pova's 15 DF's and Elena's 6 DF's to say it was a bad match.

Even Carillo was somewhat decent: MJF must have had her on a choker collar and used it mercilessly.

I don't know what Pova can do in today's match, but yesterday, Pova and Elena played a terrific match.

Break My Rapture
Jul 31st, 2010, 06:20 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/21z9r7.gif

:hearts:

Eduardo Oliveira
Jul 31st, 2010, 06:41 PM
Go Maria!!

xan
Jul 31st, 2010, 06:51 PM
Good to see Maria in the Semi. :wavey:

Now make the Final, Masha!

Sp!ffy
Jul 31st, 2010, 06:53 PM
Sascha :rolleyes:

nelsondan
Jul 31st, 2010, 06:55 PM
Maybe I misunderstood Maria, but I thought she made the comment regarding the 15 double faults that if she took too much off the second serve, that was not going to get her anywhere.

How were they divided up among the sets---it seemed like she had about 3 or 4 of them in first set games which she held serve anyway.

There is a video from this week showing her working on her footwork and agility---she works harder on that than the average cow or sheep, and it is paying off.

Sp!ffy
Jul 31st, 2010, 07:01 PM
Crushin' It.

Marissa and I spent a good 45 minutes debating an interesting question: Who's the "better" competitor: Serena or Masha. We both agreed that they were far and away the best two (we struggled to come up with a "top five") but in the end, we were at an impasse, primarily because we each defined "better competitor" differently. For my money, I say Maria, primarily because I think that if you put her in a parking lot and made her play a playground match for $5, she would still kill herself for it. Marissa's point (oversimplified for the purposes of this point) was that if you had to pick a player who could find a way to win while not playing their best, you have to go with Serena. I think we both agreed with each other's propositions, but we disagreed over which was "better". Either way, it helped us get through what was a frigid night in Stanford as we watched what was, we debated, one of the best WTA matches of the year.

It obviously wasn't a perfect match. Both players struggled with their serves. But once the ball was in play it was ridiculously heavy, hard hitting, with both players showing that they could track down balls and get them back with angle and interest. It was a fun match to watch and I was really happy to see my Twitter feed blow up with complimentary things to say about both players. Remember, this was only Elena's second match since retiring in RG and only Maria's third match since losing to Serena at Wimbledon. Given the circumstances, this was a high-quality match that was worthy of a final.

In the end it was Masha on top, as I expected. Elena played great off the ground but her serve, as always, was too bit a liability to overcome. Masha always had a shot at breaking, taking advantage of short serves and absolutely pummeling some returns. After the match she said it took her a while to warm up and swing through the ball. Could have fooled me. She seemed to take a hack every chance she got. The quote that kept running through my head was from Spinal Tap: "But it goes to 11."

It wasn't until we got back to the press room and started reading the blogger coverage of the match that we learned that there was some controversy surrounding the ESPN court mics picking up some coaching from Mike. I guess they overheard him in the box telling Maria to serve to Demmy's backhand. I haven't seen the ESPN coverage yet so I can't really comment but for me personally, at the end of the day, I don't really care. I don't have a problem with on-court coaching and I don't have a problem with sideline coaching either. If it means we get more high quality matches, so be it. But I'm sure people disagree.

But a great win for Masha, who picks up her first Top 40 win and Top 10 win of the season. To me she's virtually booked herself into the final as she's facing Aga in the semis, a match I expect her to win easily. She's playing and competing well and she can only get better.

Watch out, world. She's back and she's relevant again.

Are we an overcritical forum or are they wrong? I actually thought this was the worst match of 2010. Hmm..

Nina.
Jul 31st, 2010, 07:05 PM
Kanye West is on twitter now!:sobbing: I'm literally thisclose to joining as well.:hysteric:

You don't want to join because of TeamMasha but for Kanye West :eek::speakles:

Shafanovic.
Jul 31st, 2010, 07:08 PM
Is she still on that deal with Tiffany&co. ? I haven't heard about it lately. Was there any announcement on a Wimbledon one, or RG? I don't remember..

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 31st, 2010, 07:18 PM
Is she still on that deal with Tiffany&co. ? I haven't heard about it lately. Was there any announcement on a Wimbledon one, or RG? I don't remember..

Yes. :)

*edit*

SD draw is made

:lol: Oudin-Vika Rd 1 again, the winner to play Stosur in Rd 2...

:devil: Hopefully Vika will rip Stosur's serve and FH apart like she is doing right now. Empress JJ needs to hold on to #2.

:happy:

Jack89
Jul 31st, 2010, 08:15 PM
Hi everyone!! This is my first post here.

Decided to join here after Maria's win yesterday! :)

Ksenia.
Jul 31st, 2010, 08:32 PM
Welcome Jack :bigwave:

perseus2006
Jul 31st, 2010, 08:32 PM
Welcome, Jack. Hope you enjoy the PovaPartisans...

perseus2006
Jul 31st, 2010, 08:35 PM
I am a bit surprised that Az is handling Stosur so straightforwardly. I thought this match would be very competitive. 6-2 6-3.

Sp!ffy
Jul 31st, 2010, 08:40 PM
LOL! I was watching Vika's interview after her match and she said she was watching Maria's match yesterday and said that her performance was "terrific".

Yeah right. She was probably thinking "If I play against her, all I have to do is keep the ball in play." :spit:

Sp!ffy
Jul 31st, 2010, 08:43 PM

Hello. :wavey: It's much more fun to watch a Masha match with other fans. :D

Break My Rapture
Jul 31st, 2010, 08:44 PM
Welcome to Siberian Siren, Jack89. :)

perseus2006
Jul 31st, 2010, 08:46 PM
LOL! I was watching Vika's interview after her match and she said she was watching Maria's match yesterday and said that her performance was "terrific".

Yeah right. She was probably thinking "If I play against her, all I have to do is keep the ball in play." :spit:

The problem with that strategy is that Az is not Elena! If Az plays defensively, Pova will knock her off the court.

Assuming, of course, that Pova gets there!

Sp!ffy
Jul 31st, 2010, 08:49 PM
The problem with that strategy is that Az is not Elena! If Az plays defensively, Pova will knock her off the court.

Assuming, of course, that Pova gets there!

I doubt Azarenka will play defensively at all. She was on point today. But of course, Maria is a much tougher opponent than Sam on this surface. Of course if Ma$ha makes the final it'd be a great match.

Jacey
Jul 31st, 2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks Jacey. :worship:

sorry I couldn't figure it out and frankly just did't want to deal :p

joking, right :( Mister "I'm better then everyone" :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work, Serena's team. Stay classy, etc.

:worship:
Took the words right outa my mouth. But what else can you expect from Serena's team. but you know...whatev

Sp!ffy
Jul 31st, 2010, 08:55 PM
I hate listening to Pam Shriver talk about Sharapova :sobbing:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 31st, 2010, 08:58 PM

Welcome!:cheer:

Come in and join the party!:aparty:

http://a.imageshack.us/img840/8347/r280f4jpg.gif

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 31st, 2010, 09:01 PM
joking, right :( Mister "I'm better then everyone" :rolleyes:

He's soooooooooo cocky, it's hilar!:hysteric:

I love me
vor ungefähr 4 Stunden via web

:awww::tears::sobbing:

I hate listening to Pam Shriver talk about Sharapova :sobbing:

What does she say?

Jovana.
Jul 31st, 2010, 09:06 PM
Welcome Jack :bigwave:

Jacey
Jul 31st, 2010, 09:11 PM
Pam was all "its taken Maria 14 months for her to get where she's at" blah blah blah. Funny thing is Cliffy(I think) was all "I completely disagree with you, Maria will win another slam and be a top 4 in the next 12months" She also compared Maria the "the belgiums" about coming back and being a success.

Screw Shriver...here's the diff, Maria was playing with an injury for months then had surgery! You can't compare Maria to them. She didn't choose to walk away from tennis.

by the way...im checking my tv sched and is there a time delay on Maria's match on tv, like by a couple of hours?

Sp!ffy
Jul 31st, 2010, 09:15 PM
Pam was all "its taken Maria 14 months for her to get where she's at" blah blah blah. Funny thing is Cliffy(I think) was all "I completely disagree with you, Maria will win another slam and be a top 4 in the next 12months" She also compared Maria the "the belgiums" about coming back and being a success.

Screw Shriver...here's the diff, Maria was playing with an injury for months then had surgery! You can't compare Maria to them. She didn't choose to walk away from tennis.

by the way...im checking my tv sched and is there a time delay on Maria's match on tv, like by a couple of hours?

Shriver compares Maria to Henin and Clijsters all the time and it's so annoying. She was all like "Clijsters won her first slam back and Henin got to the final". :rolleyes:

And I noticed that too right now. Theyre showing the LA tournament at 7:30! :confused:

Jacey
Jul 31st, 2010, 09:19 PM
whoaaaa its on!!! TennisReporters just retweeted what Serena's Sasha posted...let the comments begin ;)

Sp!ffy
Jul 31st, 2010, 09:20 PM
whoaaaa its on!!! TennisReporters just retweeted what Serena's Sasha posted...let the comments begin ;)

Yes! I hope a lot of people find out about the rudeness of the Serena camp. :o

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 31st, 2010, 09:24 PM
:lol: Matt is one of the biggest Masha stans out there.

This gon be good.:cool:

Or completely disastrous.:tape:

Jovana.
Jul 31st, 2010, 09:26 PM
his tweet is the true example of a complete idiot (not even a funny idiot which makes it even worse) who clearly needs the attention...badly and unfortunately he's getting it:o

perseus2006
Jul 31st, 2010, 09:31 PM
*shit*

nelsondan
Jul 31st, 2010, 09:38 PM
I wondered if I saw a return to an intense mental thing which used to be a key part of Maria's game. In the last set, it was 1-3, 15-40---at least two break points for Elena to win a fourth game----after Maria held, it was 15-40 again at 2-3, giving her more chances to win the game she was not to win. How many times did Maria deny her that fourth game? It had to be 6 or 7 different points.

That was an intense effort. An intimidating effort. When Maria gets in some tough spots, we need to see that.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 31st, 2010, 09:39 PM
Since both Andy's and Masha's match are scheduled at the same time, I guess Masha will be available via stream and Andy will get the live TV spot.:fiery:

perseus2006
Jul 31st, 2010, 09:40 PM
Cliffy just contradicted himself and confirmed that Pova v ARat is on at 12:30 AM EDT on ESPN2.

nelsondan
Jul 31st, 2010, 09:43 PM
It is scheduled at 10:30 in NY, so it must be the two hour delay. Will a stream be available earlier?

Jacey
Jul 31st, 2010, 09:44 PM
Cliffy just contradicted himself and confirmed that Pova v ARat is on at 12:30 AM EDT on ESPN2.

yep that's what I was gonna say. Andy will be live, Maria not, because they both start play at the same time...screw that. I'll follow livestream.(if available) I have to watch it live ;) And when Maria wins I'll watch it again on tv

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 31st, 2010, 09:48 PM
From Sport's got a stream.:)

Sp!ffy
Jul 31st, 2010, 09:50 PM
No one wants to watch Andy play though :sobbing:

itsonlykat
Jul 31st, 2010, 10:12 PM
So there will be a stream, anyone know where I can see the stream, when is her match today?

Mr.Sharapova
Jul 31st, 2010, 10:44 PM
So there will be a stream, anyone know where I can see the stream, when is her match today?

http://www.livescorehunter.com/Livescores/Livescore-Tennis.html STREAM

Maria's match will be at 4.30 AM CET!

I will be awake then I hope:wavey::angel:

Sp!ffy
Jul 31st, 2010, 11:05 PM
3.5 hours :cheer:

nelsondan
Jul 31st, 2010, 11:27 PM
No one wants to watch Andy play though :sobbing:

Sascha Bajin, maybe?

gc-spurs
Jul 31st, 2010, 11:48 PM
http://www.onthebaseline.com/2010/07/30/its-official-ball-kids-love-stosur-azarenka-not-so-much/

Stanford ball kids say Maria is picky but nice :)

Lachy
Jul 31st, 2010, 11:54 PM
Picky Maria :lol:

swissmr
Aug 1st, 2010, 12:26 AM
Sascha Bajin, maybe?

Sp!ffy
Aug 1st, 2010, 12:26 AM
Sascha Bajin, maybe?

:rolleyes: He can suck it

itsonlykat
Aug 1st, 2010, 01:41 AM
http://www.livescorehunter.com/Livescores/Livescore-Tennis.html STREAM

Maria's match will be at 4.30 AM CET!

I will be awake then I hope:wavey::angel:

Thanks so much!:worship: i guess, its an hour away...its like 6:40pm here in California, I wanted to go see Sharapova at Stanford which is only 1 hour and 30 mins away from where I live, but I couldnt decide whether she will be playing at Semis... maybe i'll go see her someday!!:) wow so you are going to wake up soo early at 4:30am!! :eek:

Vartan
Aug 1st, 2010, 01:42 AM
That interview :happy:

HowardH
Aug 1st, 2010, 01:52 AM
http://www.onthebaseline.com/2010/07/30/its-official-ball-kids-love-stosur-azarenka-not-so-much/

I'm glad Maria is always nice to the ballkids, she's classy.

Lachy
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:05 AM
25 mins :unsure:

istase2000
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:10 AM
:cheer: good luck maria

Vartan
^ Davai!

Reptilia

I really hate how players are rude to the ball kids and treat the officials like slaves.

JuviaCroft
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:11 AM
Good luck Mariaa :inlove:

JuviaCroft
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:13 AM
I really hate how players are rude to the ball kids and treat the officials like slaves.
That's soooooo True :clap2: :shrug:

istase2000
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:14 AM
^ definitely. they volunteer their time and should be treated respectably.

Lachy
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:18 AM
Has anyone got a picture on their livestream yet??

Vartan
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:19 AM
ESPN is showing it on a 2 hour delay.

Sp!ffy
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:20 AM
^ No =/

gc-spurs
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:21 AM

I don't like it when they go off at officials, but I understand that. I don't get how they get shitty at ballkids though... i mean they're kids for gods sake!! Its nice to here that about Maria because sportspeople have their tendencies, but it sucks when its at the cost of respecting others.

JuviaCroft
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:23 AM

They will be open at the begining of the match :shrug:

Lachy
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:24 AM
YaY. Picture!

istase2000
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:24 AM

yep :)
:cheer: maria

Sp!ffy
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:25 AM
This blows. I wish I could watch it on ESPN.

JuviaCroft
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:27 AM
yeeep we got pics now :yippee:

Lachy
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:27 AM
Does anyone know what that song is in the b-ground?

Sharpie4me
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:28 AM
C'mon girl. Termination time :armed:

Sp!ffy
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:29 AM
Flashing lights?

Lachy
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:29 AM
^^ who sings that?

Eduardo Oliveira
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:32 AM
C'monn!! MARIA :cheer:

Sharpie4me
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:33 AM
^^ who sings that?

Alize Cornet

Sp!ffy
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:35 AM
^^ who sings that?

Kanye West
But I dont know if its the song you are talking about because they kept changing it.

Lachy
:spit:

slamchamp
good stream??

Lachy
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:36 AM
Ok, let's do this Maria!!!

Sp!ffy
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:36 AM
2 minutes :cheer:
My stream is fuzzy

Lachy
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:39 AM
Serving first :woohoo:

Sp!ffy
Who is the commentator? He sounds boring

Vartan
Stupid ESPN showing Murray :sobbing:

Vartan
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:40 AM
Allez!

istase2000
1 pt 1 winner :cheer:

lefty24
starts it of with a first serve and winner.

Eduardo Oliveira
30 0:d

gc-spurs
2 solid points

Lachy
Holy crap that was amazing

Vartan
Idem!

lefty24
2nd winner! backhand

Eduardo Oliveira
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:41 AM
3 Gp! Goo

Vartan
Up Your Fucking Ass!

Lachy
1-0 Ajde

Sp!ffy
Easy hold

gc-spurs
solid start, please let it be telling :)

Reptilia
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:42 AM
Ok Perfect start!

Rafito.
Great hold!

Sharpie4me
Good start. Love hold, 2 BH winners :cheer:

istase2000
masha fierce :hearts:

Vartan
Aga is peeing her pants :sobbing:

lefty24
well that was fun. Hopefully breaking will be that easy as well.

Sp!ffy
1st return error

Lucas_Arg
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:43 AM
i think im watching the match at bed
but you know im with you guys!

Eduardo Oliveira
15 15

gc-spurs
Louder pls maria

Vartan
Davai!

Lucas_Arg
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:44 AM
nice winner
now im out

gc-spurs
dear maria, i love your bh

Vartan

Eduardo Oliveira
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:45 AM
1-1 :(

Lachy
1-1 :unsure:

Sp!ffy
:rolleyes: PushAga

Vartan
1-1 :sobbing:

~MashyOwnThemAll
dear maria, i love your bh

+1 !!!

Kitten63
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:46 AM
Come on Masha!

Vartan
I hate pushers!

Sp!ffy
When Agi is hitting a winner off your serve....hit your serve harder please.

Reptilia
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:47 AM
100% first serves so far

Vartan
:happy: Aga's father.

Eduardo Oliveira
:sacred:

Vartan
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:48 AM
:sacred:

Have no fear, Masha Fierce is here.

Eduardo Oliveira
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:49 AM
Omg! Noo 30-40

Sp!ffy
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:49 AM
BP. Yuck.

Sharpie4me
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:50 AM
2 DFs in a row :tape:

Sp!ffy
Nice. 30-30, just give the game away. :rolleyes:

Lachy
1-2 Come on Maria

Vartan
She is going for too much now :(

gc-spurs
of course you just did that...

Kitten63
Broken after 2 DFS in a row.

istase2000
she's hitting big second serves :rolleyes:

JamieOwen3
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:51 AM
gift now kick her mother fkn ass maria remember when she said she knew how to beat you in 2007 make her pay :devil:

slamchamp
of course just gift her the serve game:weirdo:

Lachy
Radwanska has done nothing :sobbing:

Rafito.
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:52 AM
God :sobbing:

Reptilia
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:53 AM
You'd think that being in the top 10, Aga could get a clothing sponsor

Eduardo Oliveira
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:54 AM
40 40.. :eek:

gc-spurs
nice push back to deuce !

Reptilia
Sweeet. 40-0 to duce

Sp!ffy
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:55 AM
Damn Maria.

Vartan
Allez!

Eduardo Oliveira
1-3.. why MAHSA?

Sharpie4me
1-3 :rolleyes:

Sp!ffy
Aga is pushing very well.

Lachy
1-3 Great. Just great.

Vartan
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:56 AM

istase2000
her groundies r looking good

JamieOwen3
ughh after coming back to deuce and everything

swissmr
I know she's a break down, but she is hitting the ball soo much better than against Elena.
Must hold here though!

Eduardo Oliveira
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:57 AM
:sobbing:

Lachy
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:57 AM
Yeah this is not going real well.

Sp!ffy
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:59 AM
Maria's dictating the play but Aga is just being a fuckhole

Eduardo Oliveira
Aug 1st, 2010, 03:00 AM
great ! 1-4 :worship: whith a DF!

Sp!ffy
Why?? :sobbing:

Sharpie4me
DF on BP again. 1-4 :tape:

Kitten63
1-4 :help:

Lachy
Radwanska pushing, and getting luck as well. WTF WTF WTF.

Vartan
4:1 :sobbing:

Reptilia

Vartan
Why does Maria have 2 challenges remaining? Didn't she lose one before?

istase2000
Aug 1st, 2010, 03:01 AM
time to break back 2x masha :lol:

swissmr
Ugh double faults :o

Sp!ffy
I dont know. Maria is playing kinda well though. I think Maria can change this.

JamieOwen3
aga will never win a slam do you wanna know why? cuz her opponents lose matches she never wins them and in slams later stages players don't give matches and as im typing maria is down another break what has radwanska done? exactly

gc-spurs
dear a-rad, heres a gift, love maria

Temperenka
:sobbing: Well, fudge.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Aug 1st, 2010, 03:02 AM
pushwanska send her packing :rolleyes:

slamchamp
Aug 1st, 2010, 03:02 AM
maria is beyond pathetic:tape: dfaulting

slamchamp
Aug 1st, 2010, 03:03 AM
maria is just gifting her the set!

JamieOwen3
count the winners also aga isn't doing shit

Lachy
This is a joke. Come on Maria make her work for it.

gc-spurs
everything looong

Lachy
WTF is this shit

istase2000
stop gifting :lol:

Reptilia
This is getting pathetic now

Sharpie4me
let the comeback begin :cheer:

Sp!ffy
I dont understand.....why is this going by so fast??? Aga is a bitch.

Vartan
:o

Eduardo Oliveira
;; 5-1 :eek: MARIA out of court

Vartan
Aug 1st, 2010, 03:04 AM
Disgusting :sobbing:

Sp!ffy
let the comeback begin :cheer:

Of course. :cheer:

slamchamp
can't put a ball on court:haha:

nelsondan
Maria is out of gas. This will not get a whole lot better.

slamchamp
out of gas??? pleaseeeeee

Sp!ffy
4th double fault? :scratch:

madmax
well, from the looks of it Maria is tanking this...

lefty24
I'm not trying to say that this is not Maria's fault but this does have to do a lot with her schedule. She is probably really feeling the effects of yesterdays match.

slamchamp
Aug 1st, 2010, 03:05 AM
omg how pathetic!

Vartan
DF :sobbing:

Eduardo Oliveira
0 30

swissmr
I dont understand.....why is this going by so fast??? Aga is a bitch.

Stop insulting players just 'cos they're beating Maria :weirdo:
In fact, Maria is beating herself.

Mrs. Dimitrova
I knew this would happen. :lol: