PDA

View Full Version : Azarenka = Hantuchova 2.0?

MechWarrior2k
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:04 AM
I see a lot of things in common with them.

Attractive
Can play the net but avoid it like the plague
Mentally and physically fragile
Often tank matches when down a set or when going to a 3rd set after losing the 2nd set
Each have 3 career titles including Tier-1 titles
Both have been in the top 10
Have disappointed their fans of late
Choke in finals

I still hope Azarenka can do much more than what she has so far. But 2010 has been woeful.

Caralenko
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Azarenka will win Miami 2014 :speakles:

Rafito.
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:10 AM
I hope not.

Acinolbaj
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Daniela has still more attractive career and even now Daniela is playing solid tennis again. (except Wimbledon)

the_tk
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:30 AM

Attractive
Often tank matches when down a set or when going to a 3rd set after losing the 2nd set
Choke in finals

I still hope Azarenka can do much more than what she has so far. But 2010 has been woeful.

:spit:

I think Azarenka is much more talented.. much better player.
But she is such a basket case… maybe she will grow up one day… :rolleyes:

Lachy
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:32 AM
I think Azarenka has some potential, she played really well at the Aus Open this year...I enjoyed watching her :D

LudwigDvorak
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Azarenka has more potential for sure. Mainly because her movement and anticipation are slightly better than Hantuchova. Her return of serve is better as well, but both have a lot of average aspects in their game.

Amalgamate
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:43 AM
She's really slipped in the rankings this year :help:

Langers
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:03 AM

Attractive
Choke in finals

Hantuchova isn't so...?

Sp!ffy
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Biggest difference between the two=

Azarenka is young, Hantuchova is old.
Azarenka still has time to turn her career around.

rockstar
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:04 AM
i'd be worried it she is :unsure: :sobbing:

So Disrespectful
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Hantuchova isn't so...?

Victoria is attractive and there's no doubt about that, but I have a feeling that at 20, Daniela would have been considered even more attractive by most people.

Talent wise, they're practically equal in my books. I have more faith in Azarenka to build a great career though, not just a good one like Daniela.

kittyking
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Victoria is attractive and there's no doubt about that, but I have a feeling that at 20, Daniela would have been considered even more attractive by most people.

Talent wise, they're practically equal in my books. I have more faith in Azarenka to build a great career though, not just a good one like Daniela.

Dani lacks the vocals of Vika

Yes, yes, yes, ye-ye-ye-ye-ye-aaaaaaaaaaah!

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaahhooooooo yea

CUUUUUUUUUUM on

Caralenko
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Dani lacks the vocals of Vika

Yes, yes, yes, ye-ye-ye-ye-ye-aaaaaaaaaaah!

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaahhooooooo yea

CUUUUUUUUUUM on

Get a life.

kittyking
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Get a life.

I have my own stalker :hearts:

shoparound
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:43 AM
People here still think Hantuchova is good?

Otlichno
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:31 AM
People here still think Hantuchova is good?

Yes they do, some people believe beating a top ten player two times in a row on one of their bests surfaces is good. :kiss:

the_tk
Jun 29th, 2010, 12:17 PM
From her generation, she's the most talented one.
I think she deserved to be in the top 10 (Unlike other players that are there now).
After such a good season last year, I don't understand why she split with her coach.
This change obviously didn't help her..

hurricanejeanne
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Victoria definitely has more potential but I see the similarities to Daniela. Hopefully once Vika's out of this injury period she'll put up some better results.

Temperenka
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Vika has more raw potential, but there are many similarities. :(

Wiggly
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Their game is different now.

In the past, Daniela was bashing everything left and right but these days she lost a lot of power and moonballs against pushers. Weird.

But yeah, both were hyped to be the next big thing and they had some sort of slump. Daniela was wayyyyyyy more hyped than Vika and her slump was huge.

I think Azarenka can turn her career around. Plus she has more power and will be a real threat when all the WS, Belgians and more retire. She'll be able to overpower her friends.

But no, Daniela doesn't tank matches and she usually wins it in three. She was a very good record in third set tie-breaks.

Stevecw
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Attractive, Vika and Dani??!! :spit: :lol:

MechWarrior2k
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Wickmayer and now Kvitova has made a slam SF before Azarenka. :help:

Daniela-Is-Mine
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:56 PM

You have Cibulkova, Gallovits and best of all VESNINA in your sig... and are saying Dani isnt attractive?!?

Stevecw
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:00 PM
You have Cibulkova, Gallovits and best of all VESNINA in your sig... and are saying Dani isnt attractive?!?

I have them in my sig as i like them as players. Who I have in sig doesn't have to be who I fancy!!! I don't rate Vesnina or Gallovits as attractive at all. Yeah Domi is cute, i do like her.

But same as I don't think Dani or especially Vika are attractive.

Vikapower
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Vika>>>>>>>Rezaï, Pennetta, Kirilenko, Ivanovic, Cibulkova, Gallovits>>>>>>>Petkovic. :kiss:

tennis-insomniac
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:05 PM
No she hasn't yet won Miami twice :p

Stevecw
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Vika>>>>>>>Rezaï, Pennetta, Kirilenko, Ivanovic, Cibulkova, Gallovits>>>>>>>Petkovic. :kiss:

No, Rezai, Kirilenko, Ivanovic, Cibulkova, Pennetta, Cirstea >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vika. Ok Gallovits, Petkovic <<<<< Vika. But thats it.

Vika is not good looking at all. I don't pick my faves as how they look, but it so happens that most of them are hotter than Vika which isn't hard to be ;)

Richie's
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Biggest difference between the two=

Azarenka is young, Hantuchova is old.
Azarenka still has time to turn her career around.

True.

LUVMIRZA
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Azarenka has much more potential and she is prettier than Daniela. She was injured and getting outta it. She will be a slam winner for sure in the future.

helio_c
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:02 PM
I don't get why there has to be a who is prettier duel... haha.

Vika is a nice looking girl, very cute. Daniela is more of a stunner, in the sense that her figure resembles that of a fashion model. Very different type of girls.

Anyway, I do think Vika has more in her (not talent wise), attitude wise. She still has time to develop her mind game. I'm hoping she does :)

Certinfy
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Hopefully not, I am a fan of Dani, however I would obviously like Azarenka to achieve more.

darkchild
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Yes they do, some people believe beating a top ten player two times in a row on one of their worst surfaces is good. :kiss: :kiss:

Vikapower
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:32 AM
No, Rezai, Kirilenko, Ivanovic, Cibulkova, Pennetta, Cirstea >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vika. Ok Gallovits, Petkovic <<<<< Vika. But thats it.

Vika is not good looking at all. I don't pick my faves as how they look, but it so happens that most of them are hotter than Vika which isn't hard to be ;)
Anyone who thinks Rezaï and Ana is more attractive than Vika doesn't deserve anymore attention. :bigwave: :cool:

MechWarrior2k
Jun 30th, 2010, 04:12 AM

Normally I stay out of these "my girl >>>>>>>> your girl" arguments, but I think you have insulted Vika fans a little too much this time.

Your faves aren't bad looking at all, though I think Kirilenko and Ivanovic are quite overrated in their looks and their time modeling and showing off has done wonders to their ranks. :help: Cirstea is more like the naive girl next door, Pennetta totally fits Robson's definition of "slut", Cibulkova I guess might work if you want a poor short stumpy version of Dementieva, and Rezai would probably score more points if she could ever learn to keep her mouth shut once in a while. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. :rolleyes:

I'm not even a Dani fan, but even I admit Dani can be quite pretty when she's happy. She might be a bit too skinny for my comfort level, but hey I'm not complaining. :D As for Vika,
она очень красивая! :inlove:

Tennis Fool
Jun 30th, 2010, 04:20 AM
What, does Vika have an eating disorder too that will cause a downward spiral for two years :eek:

MechWarrior2k
Jun 30th, 2010, 04:25 AM
Azarenka needs to work on serve. Hantuchova has a stronger 1st serve, but it sometimes disappears as well. There's no reason a 6 foot tall girl can't assert herself with the serve. Then again, I'm a Safina and Dementieva fan so I know being tall isn't a guarantee with serving well.

Both Hantuchova and Azarenka struggle with vertical movement and their horizontal movement isn't so great either despite their thin builds. Both have their moments of hitting mindlessly to the point of mimicking robots. At their best they can look lethal, but both can't seem to maintain that level throughout an event and often not even during an entire match for that matter. They both sulk when the tide turns against them all too often.

I think Azarenka has the better backhand, but Hantuchova is a little more steady off the forehand. I feel Azarenka is the more ambitious of the two, but she's impatient, immature, and still a bit green. Hantuchova seems more content with where she is and can still win matches in both singles and doubles.

OsloErik
Jun 30th, 2010, 04:27 AM
I don't see the similarity, beyond having the big title at a young age. Hantuchova won that IW in 2001 out of pretty much nowhere, in a field of Hingis and....I don't remember. Azarenka was a clear-cut, top 5 in the making player for about a year prior to her Miami title. She beat a tougher field, and she had done things worth noting before hand. Hantuchova always seemed a top 20 player masquerading as a top 10er. Even during her 2nd stint in the top 10, it felt weird. Azarenka's stay seemed justifiable. You could picture her tearing apart the US Open field or winning Australia in a way I don't think anyone but drooling morons saw Hantuchova's prospects.

Brαm
Jun 30th, 2010, 04:40 AM

Attractive

OK, I stopped reading right there.

LudwigDvorak
Jun 30th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Erik you know I love you. :kiss:

I don't see the similarity, beyond having the big title at a young age. Hantuchova won that IW in 2001 out of pretty much nowhere, in a field of Hingis and....I don't remember.

Azarenka was a clear-cut, top 5 in the making player for about a year prior to her Miami title.

Not even.

Azarenka was stuck around the 15 range for 2007-2008. When 2009 came she won her first title over Bartoli in an MM, then of course went to the R4 of Australian Open. She continued her form by winning another MM in Memphis over Wozniacki in the final and then reached the SF of Indian Wells beating Safina.

Azarenka has never looked like a clear-cut Top 5 player. Before Miami she had won two MMs and had never even played the QF of a slam.

She beat a tougher field.

That's debatable.

Azarenka beat #23 Chakvetadze, #25 Szavay #42 Stosur, #8 Kuznetsova, and #1 Williams.

That's two Top 10 wins and no Top 20 wins.

Hantuchova beat #22 Schett, #7 Henin, #21 Raymond, #4 Hingis.

You could picture her tearing apart the US Open field or winning Australia.

Not at all. I can't see Azarenka beating Clijsters, Serena, Venus, or even Justine with her current game. Just watch her match in Sydney against Dementieva this year to see her capabilities.

Slutati
Jun 30th, 2010, 05:08 AM
DEAD at Assarenka being attractive. :happy: Please.

Derek.
Jun 30th, 2010, 05:54 AM
Not at all. I can't see Azarenka beating Clijsters, Serena, Venus, or even Justine with her current game. Just watch her match in Sydney against Dementieva this year to see her capabilities.

She just beat Clijsters. :o

Azarenka isn't clear top 5 material, but definitely could be with how the women's game is these days.
If she's healthy, she'll for sure be top 10 barring some meltdown ala Vaidisova.

Nikkiri
Jun 30th, 2010, 05:57 AM
DEAD at Assarenka being attractive. :happy: Please.

Vika is more attractive than Hantuchova to me :happy:

Rafito.
Jun 30th, 2010, 06:10 AM

:wavey:

Steven.
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:10 AM
She's really slipped in the rankings this year :help:

calm down she was injured when she had points to defend (other than wimbly that was just another story of a mental-headcase).

Dandy_Warhol
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:41 AM

Attractive
Choke in finals

http://i47.tinypic.com/116owm8.jpg

not sure about the attractive part but she's not ugly. game-wise, i think they're pretty much the same. Daniela had all the chances and potential, perhaps a bit late to turn her career around while Azarenka still can.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:17 AM
I think Victoria will achieve more than Daniela. She has much more potential. :shrug:

OsloErik
Jul 3rd, 2010, 01:58 AM
Erik you know I love you. :kiss:

Right back at you

Got me. Was 2001 the year the Williams sisters got booed?

Not even.

Azarenka was stuck around the 15 range for 2007-2008. When 2009 came she won her first title over Bartoli in an MM, then of course went to the R4 of Australian Open. She continued her form by winning another MM in Memphis over Wozniacki in the final and then reached the SF of Indian Wells beating Safina.

Azarenka has never looked like a clear-cut Top 5 player. Before Miami she had won two MMs and had never even played the QF of a slam.

Azarenka was a top junior player, spent the early portion of 2009 beating the crap out of Serena and building on her form, and was stalled in the 15 range at 17-18 years old, yeah? Hanutchova won Indian Wells at 25 in the world, never having won 3 matches at a slam in her career. The biggest result she'd had before that was a QF run at Zurich a year prior. She was touted as a potential top 20 player, but I don't recall her name being mentioned in the top 5 discussion. Azarenka had that hype. Maybe un-justified, but it was there. Hantuchova was a doubles player people had heard of, but not much talk about her singles career.

That's debatable.

Azarenka beat #23 Chakvetadze, #25 Szavay #42 Stosur, #8 Kuznetsova, and #1 Williams.

That's two Top 10 wins and no Top 20 wins.

Hantuchova beat #22 Schett, #7 Henin, #21 Raymond, #4 Hingis.

Serena and Kuznetsova (former Miami champs) and Stosur on the rise is certainly a tougher field than Hingis near the end, Henin near the start of her top 5 career, and Raymond-Schett. Add to it Azarenka had a real semifinal opponent rather than Emmanuelle what-the-hell Gagliardi.

I didn't say Azarenka's current form would take her to a slam title. I'm saying the way she played in early 2009 when looked like she could win a slam. She's a form player, and her form then made her look like a hard-court future GOAT. Hantuchova's less of a form player, but I never got that impression from Hantuchova, even when she made that Aussie semifinal. And face it: which player's rise to the top 10 was more surprising? Hantuchova's by far.

LudwigDvorak
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:54 AM
Right back at you

:kiss:

Got me. Was 2001 the year the Williams sisters got booed?

Yes.

Azarenka was a top junior player, spent the early portion of 2009 beating the crap out of Serena and building on her form, and was stalled in the 15 range at 17-18 years old, yeah? Hanutchova won Indian Wells at 25 in the world, never having won 3 matches at a slam in her career. The biggest result she'd had before that was a QF run at Zurich a year prior. She was touted as a potential top 20 player, but I don't recall her name being mentioned in the top 5 discussion. Azarenka had that hype.

Did Azarenka ever have that hype? I don't think anyone ever really heralded Azarenka as anything making a huge impact. Before she accumulated 90% of her fanbase in 2009 TF just looked at her as an underpowered Sharapova wannabe. Azarenka had a handful of fans before 2009 and people barely posted in her forum and match GM threads.

Maybe un-justified, but it was there.

Definitely unjustified.

Serena and Kuznetsova (former Miami champs) and Stosur on the rise is certainly a tougher field than Hingis near the end, Henin near the start of her top 5 career, and Raymond-Schett. Add to it Azarenka had a real semifinal opponent rather than Emmanuelle what-the-hell Gagliardi.

Schett and Raymond are better than hugely slumping Szavay and Chakvetadze.

I'll give you the win over Kuznetsova is better than Henin on the grounds that at that point in 2002 Justine's records against top opposition on hard were more than miserable.

Serena in the F is a better win on paper, but the quality actually shown in the win due to Serena barely being able to move was so anti-climatic. So we'll disagree on that.

I didn't say Azarenka's current form would take her to a slam title. I'm saying the way she played in early 2009 when looked like she could win a slam.

Has Azarenka really ever looked like she could win a slam? For me, not at all.
There's nothing in her game that can take a match away from someone playing well.

She continues to have losses in which is she is either blatantly overpowered, like Kvitova, Venus to name a few. On the other side, she gets outplayed by players with superior variety and tactics, like Schiavone, because she doesn't have enough firepower to impose her game and shut them down.

She's a form player, and her form then made her look like a hard-court future GOAT.

This is Azarenka's Top 10 W/L for 2009 and 2010 seasons on hard.

l. #1 S. Williams 63 24 ret.
w. #2 Safina 67 61 63
l. #6 Zvonareva 63 63
w. #8 Kuznetsova 63 26 75
w. #8 S. Williams 63 61
l. #5 Jankovic 75 76
w. #8 Jankovic 63 62
l. #4 Wozniacki 16 64 75
l. #10 Radwanska 46 75 41 ret.
l. #5 Dementieva 63 61
w. #9 Zvonareva 46 64 60
l. #1 S. Williams 46 76 62
w. #9 Radwanska 63 64
l. #5 V. Williams 63 75

6-8 against Top 10 on hard. Pretty average to me.

moby
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:44 AM
Did Azarenka ever have that hype? I don't think anyone ever really heralded Azarenka as anything making a huge impact. Before she accumulated 90% of her fanbase in 2009 TF just looked at her as an underpowered Sharapova wannabe. Azarenka had a handful of fans before 2009 and people barely posted in her forum and match GM threads.And may I add that back in 2002 and early 03, Sharapova was spoken of as a Hantuchova wannabe on TF.
Serena and Kuznetsova (former Miami champs) and Stosur on the rise is certainly a tougher field than Hingis near the end, Henin near the start of her top 5 career, and Raymond-Schett. Add to it Azarenka had a real semifinal opponent rather than Emmanuelle what-the-hell Gagliardi.Martina was coming off a Sydney win, Australian Open final (which she was oh so close to winning), a Tokyo win, and Scottsdale semi (? losing in 3 sets against peak Serena)... The IW win was a huge upset for Daniela in the midst of some good form from Martina. IIRC, Martina hardly dropped games in her previous matches at Indian Wells, and was stunned by Daniela's game (which was helped somewhat by the windy conditions.)

Martina would go on to lose to peak Serena again in the QF of Miami, and Venus in Hamburg on clay (the last "true" match of her first career). At the point of her extended injury time off, Martina was Number 1 in the Race.

homogenius
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:46 AM
Hantuchova has more game but Azarenka will achieve much more in her career.
Daniela is a typical case of underachiever.

LudwigDvorak
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:53 AM
She just beat Clijsters. :o

Azarenka isn't clear top 5 material, but definitely could be with how the women's game is these days.
If she's healthy, she'll for sure be top 10 barring some meltdown ala Vaidisova.

Was referencing on hardcourt. Everyone should know a win over Clijsters on grass is near meaningless.

Rafito.
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:03 AM
Was referencing on hardcourt. Everyone should know a win over Clijsters on grass is near meaningless.

You got wrecked and such a fail attempt at backing it up. A win over Clijsters on any surface is pretty well deserved even if it isn't her best surface.

monmonito
Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:56 AM
i think it more exciting to watch Dani than Azarenka...
i think they will both have something special that will happen in the coming days...

volta
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:49 AM
This thread :haha: :haha:

Carotastrophe
Jul 3rd, 2010, 10:44 AM
Vika definately has more potential.. and Dani is a bit old. Vika will rule when the WS and the Belgians Retire!

MechWarrior2k
Oct 28th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Vika is definitely mastering this art. :( She might be able to graduate to Safina 1.5 though.

Richie's
Oct 28th, 2010, 10:30 PM
I really can't stand watching Azarenka more than 5 minutes. There are so wild screams after every ball, on every hit... This is really bad for tennis...

tea
Oct 28th, 2010, 10:42 PM
No, Aza is better in virtually every department.:)

This is like to say Windows 7 = Windows XP.

gc-spurs
Oct 28th, 2010, 10:43 PM
I think Victoria will achieve more than Daniela. She has much more potential. :shrug:

To sum up... this.

Twilight years vs early years.

englando08
Oct 28th, 2010, 10:56 PM
azarenka = sharapova 2.0 you will all see one day!

The Dawntreader
Oct 28th, 2010, 11:00 PM

I would've thought it was already obvious?

madmax
Oct 28th, 2010, 11:03 PM
I would've thought it was already obvious?

LOL wut?:lol: I love Vika's game, but she has not enough power and in her shots to boss people arround like Pova does

tea
Oct 28th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Those who equal Aza to whatever verion of Hanta hates her.

The Dawntreader
Oct 28th, 2010, 11:08 PM
LOL wut?:lol: I love Vika's game, but she has not enough power and in her shots to boss people arround like Pova does

Oooops, i misread.

I thought the poster put Azarenka is Sharapova lite. Apologies:lol:

Sammo
Oct 28th, 2010, 11:13 PM
If she wins Miami in 2014 and then a micky mouse title, YES

gc-spurs
Oct 29th, 2010, 12:02 AM

More like 0.5, but I'd put her on a Sharapova 9-hole course rather than a Dani course.

ZODIAC
Oct 29th, 2010, 03:05 AM
if she is like pova then its not a surprise since they are all from Belarus...look at how big they are ..Max Mirnyi,Azarenka,Olga Govotsova and pova.

Temperenka
Oct 29th, 2010, 03:10 AM
I think Vika will come around. She could peak around #3 in the world (I think she has certain limitations, like Lena, that will prevent her from getting higher) and be competitive in slams. Hopefully win at least one :shrug:

Overall, I think she's simply a much better fighter when she isn't hurt than Dani is/was... and that will go a long way.

Pops Maellard
Oct 29th, 2010, 03:17 AM

Are you kidding? :eek: Ana > All Those Girls. :p

Pops Maellard
Oct 29th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Anyway Daniela's strokes are prettier (not that that counts for much), and she also loves drop shots, whereas I'm not sure Vika's ever hit a dropshot in her entire career.

Vika is more similar to Sharapova post-comeback.

Moveyourfeet
Oct 29th, 2010, 03:26 AM
Hantuchova has better hands than Azarenka.

Caralenko
Oct 29th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Are you kidding? :eek: Ana > All Those Girls. :p

That's why Ana won Linz and Rezai won Madrid. :happy:

Temperenka
Oct 29th, 2010, 03:36 AM
Anyway Daniela's strokes are prettier (not that that counts for much), and she also loves drop shots, whereas I'm not sure Vika's ever hit a dropshot in her entire career.

Vika is more similar to Sharapova post-comeback.

:lol: People on this forum are so clueless. Did you watch today's match? She hit a few. One of them was perfect. It's definitely a shot in her repertoire which she is playing well. :rolleyes:

Pops Maellard
Oct 29th, 2010, 04:54 AM
:lol: People on this forum are so clueless. Did you watch today's match? She hit a few. One of them was perfect. It's definitely a shot in her repertoire which she is playing well. :rolleyes:

OK so I exaggerated. ;) :p

Pops Maellard
Oct 29th, 2010, 05:15 AM
That's why Ana won Linz and Rezai won Madrid. :happy:

I thought we were talking about looks. :lol:

Anyway, Ana won the French Open, so who needs Madrid? :shrug:

So Disrespectful
Oct 29th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Daniela's game was fine to sit in the top 5-8 for years, but she just doesn't have it mentally unfortunately.

n1ko0
Oct 29th, 2010, 09:43 AM
daniela is one of the biggest underachievers IMO, she was so promising back in the day! i think vika has a slam in her, daniela i seriously doubt , AO 2008 was her biggest shot when she was cruising against Ana in the semis (i think 6-0 , 2-0 at one point before chocking somewhat) , having said that she would have come up against an uber confident masha in the final ..

ZODIAC
Oct 29th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Azarenka has more fire in her belly than Daniela,Ilike her in your face attitude and when she was playing Kim I sensed some tension between them,maybe because she doesnt kiss Kim s ass on court.I like Azarenka because she is fearless whereas Hantuchova gets nervous and starts spraying balls.

Meteor Shower
Oct 29th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Azarenka has more fire in her belly than Daniela,Ilike her in your face attitude and when she was playing Kim I sensed some tension between them,maybe because she doesnt kiss Kim s ass on court.I like Azarenka because she is fearless whereas Hantuchova gets nervous and starts spraying balls.

Ditto. Vika has more (positive) hutzpah :p

QueenBee
Oct 29th, 2010, 12:17 PM
I'm sorry, but I think Dani is more talented than Vika.

Carotastrophe
Oct 29th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Vika >> Dani :p

Polikarpov
Oct 29th, 2010, 12:44 PM
I agree that Vika will end up with a better career than Daniela. Maybe a couple more slam quarters, or even a few semis and finals. But I really can't see her winning slam titles. Not with her current serve, artillery, or physical conditioning, at least. She seems to have a very low heat tolerance for an athlete. Surely, the last thing she'd want to happen is to suffer from heat exhaustion in a slam final leading 6-4, 4-2.

Hian
Oct 29th, 2010, 12:44 PM
No

Hian
Oct 29th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Vika >> Dani :p

no

Talula
Oct 29th, 2010, 01:03 PM
I really like Vika very much and love to watch her play. I like her emotion and grit.

Daniela just seems a bit like the moody girls at school who had mood swings and were always in the huff. I saw her in doubles at Wimbledon a few years ago and she was positively funereal. I just have a feeling she's not a happy person.

While I think Vika has chances I think she could end up the Dementieva of her era. I'm not sure her career will even last into her late 20s. But as I say I really like her a lot and hope she does really well.

MechWarrior2k
Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:32 PM
Bump.

Joelina
Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:40 PM
:tape:

2 IW´s = 2 Miami

it´s just about the time when Azarenka will turn into slump mode again.

GoofyDuck
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:39 PM
Vika is just a one day fly.

Sammo
Apr 2nd, 2011, 08:15 PM
She's Miami's Indian Wells Hantuchova

hurricanejeanne
Apr 2nd, 2011, 09:10 PM
Haters gonna hate, as long as Vika keeps winning, it's all good.

Rome
Apr 2nd, 2011, 09:33 PM
Nope she is not, that is all.

Sammo
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:10 PM
Dani is hotter and a better player :o

Inger67
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:11 PM
Dani is hotter and a better player :o

Please tell me you are not serious :eek:

Setsuna.
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:16 PM
Dani is more talented than Vika IMO. She has a better peak form than Vika. Vika will end up with a better career most likely in this weak era.

Sammo
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:18 PM
Why not?
First statement ---> hantuchova looks great with make-up, victoria doesn't, look at that chin. Hantuchova has a way better body.
Second statement ---> hantuchova's been top 5, victoria hasn't. Hantuchova's best GS performance is a semifinal, Azarenka's best is a quarterfinal. Hantuchova can hit dropshots, quality volleys, and still has great groundstrokes, Azarenka just has groundstrokes :shrug:

A-Bond
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:10 PM
I love Daniela but Vika nearly surpassed all of Dani's achievements by now, only missing a GS-Semi and I'm sure she'll achieve this more than once in the next few years :)

Sammo
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:15 PM
She hasn't reached top 5

Welcome1
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:25 PM
Second statement ---> hantuchova's been top 5, victoria hasn't. Hantuchova's best GS performance is a semifinal, Azarenka's best is a quarterfinal.

Yeah, and Hantuchova is almost 28 and Vika is 21 :)
Of course everyone understands that Vika is better and has more potential. It's obvious. And you know it as well)

monmonito
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:26 PM
Sammo you are definitely correct!

delicatecutter
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:35 PM
I don't see any similarities except they can both be headcases at times, although Hantuchova to a much greater extent.

Dominika23
Apr 3rd, 2011, 02:15 AM
Why not?
First statement ---> hantuchova looks great with make-up, victoria doesn't, look at that chin. Hantuchova has a way better body.
Second statement ---> hantuchova's been top 5, victoria hasn't. Hantuchova's best GS performance is a semifinal, Azarenka's best is a quarterfinal. Hantuchova can hit dropshots, quality volleys, and still has great groundstrokes, Azarenka just has groundstrokes :shrug:

vika got 6 titles hantuchova got number 4 after 5 whol;e year vika already better than hantuchova. Vika will reach a semi in a grand slam and more than one unlike hantuchova and who car about drop shot :lol::lol::lol::lol:
& really vika beat more top player than hantuchova

RenaSlam.
Apr 3rd, 2011, 02:43 AM
Vika -> Hantuchova

shoparound
Apr 3rd, 2011, 04:01 AM
Honestly if you were a top player at a slam, would you be more afraid of vika or hantuchova?

domon17th
Apr 3rd, 2011, 07:35 AM
I see it now. Miami to Vika = IW to Dani. :sobbing:

Joelina
Apr 3rd, 2011, 08:07 AM
Vika can achieve more in her career beacuse she is younger than Daniela. But the last years are weak; Daniela was on the top during 2002 - 2003 while these were some peak years.

Peak Daniela > Peak Vika

young_gunner913
Apr 10th, 2011, 03:46 PM
So within the past 3 weeks, Vika won a 2nd Miami (vs Dani's 2 IW's), her 7th title and just entered the top 5. Seems like she just overtook whatever leverage Hantuchova had.

Temperenka
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:11 PM
We haven't seen peak Vika yet. We've seen peak Daniela, her career is just about over.

I think ultimately Peak Vika will be better.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Seems like everyone is being compared to Daniela lately. Have some respect for her. :sobbing: