PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon 2010: snoozefest.

beriadan
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Honestly, I might as well be in a coma till next sunday, I won't miss much.

Aaron.
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Right..

Serena's Hubby
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:19 AM
NO SERENA AND VENUS R STILL #1 and #2 in the world...and they are still in the tournament..and your brain is too small to watch them....you can't take the brilliance ;)

beriadan
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:31 AM
NO SERENA AND VENUS R STILL #1 and #2 in the world...and they are still in the tournament..and your brain is too small to watch them....you can't take the brilliance ;)

actually my brain is suited for well constructed points and not blowouts that are really not well though out if you think about sport, because in other sports there are weight classes. bring me back some graf or hingis or hell even peak henin and i will gladly apply all my brain power.

Serena's Hubby
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:41 AM
ths just how you look at it..I mean just as much mental stuff Graf and Hingis did on the court...Serena is doing with her power and placement...by all means if that is " lazy arm sticking down a ball pattern "then ..shit I coulda beat sharapova...and that's not true...I see what your saying..but you should respect her brilliance a little more...b/c your downplaying the skill that it takes to serve like that...its boring b/c you just didn't want serena to win...If sharapova ever served like that..you would prolly be all over it..and hw spectacular it is...before or after her surgery...Idk i kinda see your point..but you really just don't have respect for Serena and her talent..which is why your saying all of that...

tennnisfannn
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:44 AM
Most people lose interest the moment their fan loses!

beriadan
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:45 AM
ths just how you look at it..I mean just as much mental stuff Graf and Hingis did on the court...Serena is doing with her power and placement...by all means if that is " lazy arm sticking down a ball pattern "then ..shit I coulda beat sharapova...and that's not true...I see what your saying..but you should respect her brilliance a little more...b/c your downplaying the skill that it takes to serve like that...its boring b/c you just didn't want serena to win...If sharapova ever served like that..you would prolly be all over it..and hw spectacular it is...before or after her surgery...Idk i kinda see your point..but you really just don't have respect for Serena and her talent..which is why your saying all of that...

i do have respect for serena and her talent, but I mean I just feel like serving your way though matches is so uninspired, just ruins tennis for me personally and diminishes the wimbledon title if she does win it in that manner. if she played like she did in 02 i would not be complaining at all.

KBdoubleu
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:47 AM
actually my brain is suited for well constructed points and not blowouts that are really not well though out if you think about sport, because in other sports there are weight classes. bring me back some graf or hingis or hell even peak henin and i will gladly apply all my brain power.

...is that Azarenka in your avatar?

beriadan
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:49 AM
...is that Azarenka in your avatar?

only because i have OCD and hate azarenka and the only way to make sure she loses is to have her in my avatar.

IceSkaTennisFan
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:50 AM
:wavey: then. See ya later.

Serena's Hubby
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:53 AM
i do have respect for serena and her talent, but I mean I just feel like serving your way though matches is so uninspired, just ruins tennis for me personally and diminishes the wimbledon title if she does win it in that manner. if she played like she did in 02 i would not be complaining at all.

Or you could view it as a turn in womens tennis..and a start of a whole new change..hopefully nw with serena's brilliant serving..these other players can be inspired..and increase their skills on their serve..serena has always evolved the game..this is just another way she's doing it..its all about how you view it...thats ur opinion thats fine...

Inktrailer
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:55 AM
only because i have OCD and hate azarenka and the only way to make sure she loses is to have her in my avatar.

That doesn't make sense, on any level.

beriadan
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:56 AM
Or you could view it as a turn in womens tennis..and a start of a whole new change..hopefully nw with serena's brilliant serving..these other players can be inspired..and increase their skills on their serve..serena has always evolved the game..this is just another way she's doing it..its all about how you view it...thats ur opinion thats fine...

so that we can have seve-fest belly busting matches like men's wimbledon matches in the 1990's?

beriadan
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:57 AM
:wavey: then. See ya later.

thanks man, ill gladly pay u if you can induce a coma. but hmm, i doubt you have the skill, only somehow though

HRHoliviasmith
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:00 AM
oh wow, it's a pity party everybody! BYOB!!! :bigclap:

Serena's Hubby
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:02 AM
so that we can have seve-fest belly busting matches like men's wimbledon matches in the 1990's?

GET OUT YOUR FEELINGS.....LMAO

beriadan
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:03 AM
GET OUT YOUR FEELINGS.....LMAO

doing a great job so far. and i have supported serena avidly till this wimbledon, she just disappoints me and has us all trapped in 1 dimension now

kickserve
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:14 AM
doing a great job so far. and i have supported serena avidly till this wimbledon, she just disappoints me and has us all trapped in 1 dimension now

Have you ever asked yourself this?

- Do you think Serena worked hard to develop the serve that she has today?
- DO you think it was a smart move of her to do so considering the serve is the most important aspect of the game over which you have TOTAL control?
- Sharapova is much taller than Serena and has wider shoulders. Why not a better serve :confused:
- What is stopping other girls from developing a much bigger serve?
- Samantha Stosur has an incredible serve, but she is not winning like Serena. Could Serena's win be more than just her serve? Maybe her incredible mental toughness? Maybe her better groundstrokes? Maybe her incredible athleticism?

It's all way over your head.

sipnsurfMurph
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:21 AM
Grab some zzz's..

Polikarpov
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:39 AM
I agree. Especially when you compare it to this year's Roland Garros. The tournament has been sterile and drama free so far. And it's not like the quality of tennis is high either. I hope the tennis picks up starting today.

Mugria
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:44 AM
All the drama has been on the men's side so far but yeah, still waiting for a Serena/Elena type match.

pav
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Threadstarter is showing strong symptoms of brain death, so a voluntary coma could be a good idea.

Midnight_Robber
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Well - I'm probably going to contradict myself. Statistically speaking the women have been playing much cleaner tennis than they have in a long while - which is good - and so far at least, there haven't been any huge-name upsets with most players playing according to ranking... No complaints there.

But last night, Serena-Maria and Juju-Kim - the marquis matches - had their moments but didn't really live up to expectation. As usual, the all-Belgian encounter turned out to be more hype and substance with lots of errors and neither player was able to play well at the same time. (Nothing new there.) When the tournament started I thought that we'd be in for a high quality Wimbledon, but as the tournament has progressed I've found the tennis is okay and at times quite good but it hasn't been great. And lest this becomes another hypocritical post bashing women's tennis while extolling the men for breathing, yes there was the novelty of the Isner-Mahut anomaly but I haven't been overly impressed by the quality of the men's tennis either. And for the record, my favs on both sides are still in it (so far but we'll see after tonight) so this isn't a case of "waaah...sour grapes". I just - don't know. Usually, Wimbledon = excitement and atmosphere and you get to see amazing tennis. I'm getting live coverage on TV free to air, and my internet is working well enough at the moment so that I can stream what they don't show. I *should* be in tennis heaven. I don't care about drama but I usually rely on Wimbledon to have so high quality matches. And that's not happening.

lilimi
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:50 AM
i thought i was the only one...wimbledon is my least favourite Grand slam, the most boring to me...shorter matches, no rallies :yawn: and this year i have to blame the TV coverage in France...they mostly show mens tennis...yesterday I was watching venus/jarka and they switched to federer/melzer :yawn: the only interesting matches i've seen are Sharapova/zahlavova and Roddick/lu, yesterday...i was so happy Lu won :bounce: but that's all.

duhcity
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:57 AM
It's not bad, but after a FANTASTIC drama filled French Open, it's hard to measure up

laurie
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Its not an interesting tournament for the women so far to be fair.

Part of the reason of course is that we are expecting an all Williams final, unless Kim can cause an upset.

What has made the Mens event exciting this year was the potential upsets of Federer and Nadal and the upset of Roddick. Had Federer lost the 1st rd, it would have been even better.

Beat
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:53 AM
It's not bad, but after a FANTASTIC drama filled French Open, it's hard to measure up

this.

Kworb
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:36 AM
RG was definitely a LOT more exciting this year.

Harvs
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:41 AM
i have to agree a bit...
the two amazing R16 matches were great... and its so good to see venus, serena and kim still in.
but its a bit boring that there are a lot of lower ranked players left.

like good on them and everything, but it just means the quarters are not all too exciting lineups..

manu32
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Hingis?? lol with why are people are so bitchy? pleonasm 's definition

sammy01
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:46 AM
lets be honest the womens side of wimbledon has been flat. i cant even think of a match id want to watch again from this year so far.

the tournament really needs kim and venus to win their qtrs, as serena should roll through her next 2 matches and if it ends up as another flat all WS finals it will have been a crappy wimbledon. im hoping kim and venus have a great match should they both win, and kim edge it to make a much more intresting and intense final of serena vs kim.

laurie
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Maybe we've talked too soon after today's matches so far?

goldenlox
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I think that was very entertaining. Now lets see if Li can really open up this final 4

Mugria
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:28 PM
lol...be careful what you wish for

sammy01
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:30 PM
lol...be careful what you wish for

think most people wanted competitive well played matches by the top players, not sure anyones got their wish so far.

Mugria
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:35 PM
I didn't get to see the matches so I can't comment on the quality but the results are shocking and pretty much changed everything up

n1_and_uh_noone
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Hilarious how everybody was going ballistic over the RG semis line-up, how clay sucks, cannot wait for grass etc etc. At least there were 3 top 10 players there, here only Serena keeps her date. I am sure some will defend a Kanepi/Kvitova-Pironkova-Zvonareva trio over Schiavone-Stosur.

Mind you, I have enjoyed everything that's panned out so far. Power to all these opportunistic girls!