PDA

View Full Version : So in the fullness of time... Hingis Guilty of Drugs Fail or not?

The Pro
Jun 28th, 2010, 11:26 PM
I'm sorry to open up this topic (like an old wound, lol) but I do wonder what the general consensus on this is. I heard somewhere that Martina Hingis positive sample for cocaine proved to be equal or less to the sample that Richard Gasguet was eventually aquitted for.

So what do YOU think? :confused:

I think she got too close to someone who had been using. Knowing Marti this is hardly impossible. :lol: :sad:

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 28th, 2010, 11:38 PM
I'm sorry to open up this topic (like an old wound, lol) but I do wonder what the general consensus on this is. I heard somewhere that Martina Hingis positive sample for cocaine proved to be equal or less to the sample that Richard Gasguet was eventually aquitted for.

I think she got too close to someone who had been using. Knowing Marti this is hardly impossible. :lol: :sad:

Do you know what? I don't know, I don't think about it, and I don't care. Hingis is a champion and concaine is not a performance enhancing drug and it should never be treated as such.

fouc
Jun 28th, 2010, 11:41 PM
yep, and cocaine is such a nice drug, nothing to be guilty about :)

tom62
Jun 28th, 2010, 11:43 PM
hingis is 100% innocent !!!!

Kworb
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:53 AM
Innocent

Nicolás89
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:04 AM
The traces of cocaine they found were so minimun that she wouldn't have felt anything if she ingested the cocaine so I'm guessing she unknowingly ingested it or someone in the lab where they do this kind of stuff has it's own little lab going on at job and confused the samples. lol

Anyhow she is over it.

RenaSlam.
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:46 AM
Guilty as charged.

moby
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:48 AM
All 6 "guilty" votes coming from Williams fans. :awww:
I mean, I know it's a coincidence, but I thought it was worth pointing out anyway!

sakya23
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:51 AM
innocent

Daniel K
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:52 AM
Innocent!

Serena y Monica
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:55 AM

Not impossible just improbable.

Serena y Monica
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:57 AM
The traces of cocaine they found were so minimun that she wouldn't have felt anything if she ingested the cocaine so I'm guessing she unknowingly ingested it or someone in the lab where they do this kind of stuff has it's own little lab going on at job and confused the samples. lol

Anyhow she is over it.

Yeah sure! Happens to me all the time. Only...NOT!

Aaron.
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:00 AM
Guilty as charged. :lol: Oh renaslam :lol:

Nicolás89
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Yeah sure! Happens to me all the time. Only...NOT!

Yeah why not? Like I said you wouldn't feel anything.

Serena y Monica
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:03 AM
I mean, I know it's a coincidence, but I thought it was worth pointing out anyway!

Y would it need to be a coincidence? More importantly what's the relevance? I believe she's guilty because I've lived 40 some odd years and never tested positive for any drugs...but that's because I've never taken any. I'm not gullible enough to believe her Gasquet Lance Armstrong Barry Bonds or anyone else who has tested positive or whom all evidence points to the likelihood that they have used.

Everyone ever accused denies until they no longer can...but of all these ppl Martina is the only innocent.

AcesHigh
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:26 AM

All votes from the usual suspects

Coke Zero
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:17 AM
a) She had less than Richard Gasquet in her system, who ingested it through some bitches mouth apparently.

b) The amount in her system is now legal since they changed the rules. If she was tested today and the result was the same, she wouldn't be guilty of anything.

Innocent. 100% certain Martina took zero coke. Anyone voting otherwise is just trying to get a reaction.

Sp!ffy
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:19 AM
She is guilty and so is Gasquet. But I dont think badly of them because of that.

metamorpha
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:20 AM
a) She had less than Richard Gasquet in her system, who ingested it through some bitches mouth apparently.

b) The amount in her system is now legal since they changed the rules. If she was tested today and the result was the same, she wouldn't be guilty of anything.

Innocent. 100% certain Martina took zero coke. Anyone voting otherwise is just trying to get a reaction.

If this is the case, then she is innocent after all. I think she got it by accident and just a victim of the situations at that time.

Meanwhile, look at Capriati now. :help:

faboozadoo15
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:30 AM

Thanks for posting the facts. Some people seem to miss these.

Also, her hair test came back negative.

This was a grave injustice against one of the best players of all time. They should clear her name.

Polikarpov
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:05 AM

Now this is unfair. It reminds me of the gymnast, Andreea Raducan, who was stripped of her all-around gold medal in Sydney for testing positive for pseudophedrine which she ingested when she was prescribed with Nurofen to treat her colds. Four years later, pseudophedrine was removed from the list of banned substances.

Caralenko
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Wingis :sad: She's innocent.

hingisGOAT
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Not guilty. (Not that it would matter)

omoruyi
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Umm, Martina Hingis is Awesome! That is all...

Otlichno
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:36 AM
She's innocent, but does it make a difference? It's been almost 3 years since the banning took place, and no matter how big of an injustice it was we cannot take that time back.

Safe-From-Harm
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Innocent, and I hope she will be back.

terjw
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Innocent for the reasons other posters have stated (apart from the speculative silly one that they mixed up her samples). However - I think it was best she retired then anyway. She was getting worse and sliding down the rankings and had already got the answer to her question of where she'd be if she came back - which was pretty good but not top 5 and not a serious contendor for the slams.

It tarnishes her legacy a bit in the sense that it happened. But the thing people really still remember her the most is her tennis. She's certainly not thought of as a cheat and only getting where she did through drugs.

Miranda
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:05 AM
i really don't know, she may or may not take the cocaine, only she knows

tennisvideos
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Do you know what? I don't know, I don't think about it, and I don't care. Hingis is a champion and concaine is not a performance enhancing drug and it should never be treated as such.

I agree. Gasquet got off so it's double standards as well. But the point is that it isn't a performance enhancing drug so Hingis should not have been banned. It is shocking that she was.

Some idiots in the ivory tower, snorting cocaine, decided to ban her.

toby345
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I thought it was an open secret that the is innocent? :lol: