PDA

View Full Version : Since when was Henin injured ?

LightWarrior
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Q. What was the injury?

JUSTINE HENIN: Still very early just to say what happened. I mean, of course, it's a little worse now after the match than during the match. I thought it was really the tendon. We're not quite sure, so I'll have to wait probably a day or two before checking what's happening there. I hope nothing serious.
But it's quite painful now.

Q. In the elbow?

JUSTINE HENIN: In the elbow.

Q. How much did it bother you after it happened?

JUSTINE HENIN: Well, it's very hard to say. I mean, of course, it's been mentally not easy to deal when I fall down on the court and the few games after. It was mentally not easy.
But after that, I mean, it was warm, and I could play. I don't really now how it affected it. So we'll see in the next few days.

Q. Was there a particular shot that it bothered you on the most?

JUSTINE HENIN: On serve and backhand a little bit. But we'll see.

Q. Did you hurt it jamming it into the ground or...

JUSTINE HENIN: No, no, it's not like I got shot on the ball.

She didn't seem to be injured to me. Plus why would journalists ask her that in the beginning of the interview ? Excuses, excuses...Even it she was injured I don't think that was classy of her to dwell on it, thus dwarfing Kim's victory.

Sp!ffy
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Its funny how the "best day of tennis" turns out to be a bashfest in this forum. :haha:

John.
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:29 PM
She fell at 2-0 in the first set and had the trainer on a couple of times for her arm.

Polikarpov
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:30 PM
I think she called for the trainer when she was up 4-1 in the first?

Hurley
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Hmm. Responding to five consecutive questions about it during a mandatory press conference is "dwelling" now? Someone call Webster's.

narutos
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Since she lost as usual.

tennisbum79
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Its funny how the "best day of tennis" turns out to be a bashfest in this forum. :haha:
Why is this bashing?

Henin had a very hard fall and may have hurt hurt herself.

In fact she did hurt heself.
Perhaps, some people were not aware of it.

KimandJu
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Q. What was the injury?

JUSTINE HENIN: Still very early just to say what happened. I mean, of course, it's a little worse now after the match than during the match. I thought it was really the tendon. We're not quite sure, so I'll have to wait probably a day or two before checking what's happening there. I hope nothing serious.
But it's quite painful now.

Q. In the elbow?

JUSTINE HENIN: In the elbow.

Q. How much did it bother you after it happened?

JUSTINE HENIN: Well, it's very hard to say. I mean, of course, it's been mentally not easy to deal when I fall down on the court and the few games after. It was mentally not easy.
But after that, I mean, it was warm, and I could play. I don't really now how it affected it. So we'll see in the next few days.

Q. Was there a particular shot that it bothered you on the most?

JUSTINE HENIN: On serve and backhand a little bit. But we'll see.

Q. Did you hurt it jamming it into the ground or...

JUSTINE HENIN: No, no, it's not like I got shot on the ball.

She didn't seem to be injured to me. Plus why would journalists ask her that in the beginning of the interview ? Excuses, excuses...Even it she was injured I don't think that was classy of her to dwell on it, thus dwarfing Kim's victory.

Please don't start this BS! Justine literally said her elbow injury was not an excuse at all for her loss and praised Kim a lot for the victory.

So don't talk crap. Troll... :rolleyes:

treufreund
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Justine did not use it as an excuse at all and if you read the interview you will see that she was specifically trying to avoid giving that impression. It may have affected mentally however IMO.

terjw
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:35 PM

Duh - do you have you a brain cell? She fell and the trainer was on giving treatment to it. And you wonder why journalists would ask her about that? :lol::lol:

tennisbum79
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Justine did not use it as an excuse at all and if you read the interview you will see that she was specifically trying to avoid giving that impression. It may have affected mentally however IMO.
I agree, justine did not use it as an excuse.

Instead, I thought she tried to make it a non-factor.
In my personal opinion optinion, it may have been a factor.
It was her playing arm, her right arm, I beleive.

$uricate
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:41 PM
She got injured after she lost the match, duh!

Then she realised she had the injury all through the tournament, obviously :rolleyes:

tennisbum79
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:45 PM

Then she realised she had the injury all through the tournament, obviously :rolleyes:
That is not fair.
She called the trainer during the match, after the fall.

In her interview, she did everying not make it a factor in her loss.

goldenboi356
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:46 PM
hope it's nothing serious.

Sp!ffy
Why is this bashing?

Henin had a very hard fall and may have hurt hurt herself.

In she did hurt heself.
Perhaps, some people were not aware of it.

This is bashing because people are making big deals out of everything. Very drama filled day.

Slutati
Since her comeback flopped.

Polikarpov
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Since her comeback flopped.

Floptine.:sobbing:

moby
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:55 PM
She called the trainer when up 4-1 in the first set, thereby risking losing her momentum (which turned out to be the case, in a way). She should still have won the match anyway, so it's no excuse for her poor play.

Amanda
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Only her ego is injured. Justine bites....BIG TIME!

miffedmax
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Since she fell heavily on her arm at 4-1 in the first set.

Even a card-carrying hater like me could see it.

Thanx4nothin
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:00 PM
She fell on her arm, but it didn't stop her winning the first, so it was non-factor seemingly.

Hope she's OK.

Yonexforever
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Since she fell heavily on her arm at 4-1 in the first set.

Even a card-carrying hater like me could see it.

Too funny!
:D

vejh
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:02 PM
She fell at 4-1 or 2/0?

moby
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:07 PM
She fell at 4-1 or 2/0?She called for the trainer at 3-1, so it was before then.

tennisbum79
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:08 PM
This is bashing because people are making big deals out of everything. Very drama filled day.
True, but it is only few posters.

Even those who have no love for Justine acknowledged it was an injury from the hard fall.

And gain Justine went out of her way not to make it an excuse.

Mary Cherry.
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Did half of the people in this thread even see the match? :o

Pinkie09
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:09 PM
She fell on her arm, but it didn't stop her winning the first, so it was non-factor seemingly.

Hope she's OK.

It was a factor, she wasn't hitting the ball the same after that. Reason she won the first set was because Kim was trash, otherwise who knows what the score would've been.

^ vejh she fell at 2-0 and asked for the trainer a couple games after that. I remember she kept holding her elbow though after the fall and before the trainer came out.

I know this isn't the match thread but the match was terrible. Crap Kim in the first, crap Justine 2nd and 3rd set. Shame really as it had so much potential.

tennisbum79
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Did half of the people in this thread even see the match? :o
Your count is incorrect.
More than 75% of the posters in this thread think Justine was injured as a result of her fall.

Mary Cherry.
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Your count is incorrect.
More than 75% of the posters in this thread think Justine was injured as a result of her fall.

Did you add them all up and work out the percentage?

Bless.

Reservation
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Fail of a thread.

$uricate
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:19 PM

Hope she's OK.

Yeah, tennis is all mental.

She didnt need her arm for anything :shrug:

mauresmofan
Jun 28th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Some people on this board just look for an excuse to jump on certain players. Henin fell on her arm did something to her elbow had treatment on it and played the match out. Clijsters won and Henin lost - I'm sure Henin got a jolt when she stumbled and probably put her off going to net for a few games but she didn't use it as an excuse. Not the greatest match we've seen from them but that can happen in sport sometimes - 1 player starts badly somehow drags their opponent down a few levels and then their game starts to pick up leaving their opponent slightly bewildered as to what went wrong.

Keegan
Jun 28th, 2010, 07:21 PM
It looked like a pretty painful fall too. Her elbow couldn't support her, but then she locked it into place very rapidly. It really did look painful, and I'm sure there was some dull aching pain in her elbow.

debby
Jun 28th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Since she lost as usual.

Have you even watched the match? Coming from a Sharapova fan, it's funny.

Another Sharapova fan saying that. :tape:
She never said she was injured during all the tournament, only that she fell on her arm and felt a pain. She also said it hurts her only after the match, not during because she wasn't cold. ;) Big difference.

Only her ego is injured. Justine bites....BIG TIME!

:rolls: Sure, just like she should have been unfuriated after her two losses to Kim earlier. :rolleyes:

Everythingfails :wavey:

pokey camp
Jun 28th, 2010, 07:41 PM

What is with you and these “fake injury” threads? You did the same thing (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=411018) with Elena when she was injured at RG. How did that work out? Or do you think she’s still not that injured and is faking to get out of playing Wimbledon. :o

Players get injured. Get over it.

cogent53
Jun 28th, 2010, 08:13 PM
The fall was a bit nasty with all her weight coming down on her right arm. I gave her a jolt and she lost 6 points after, but she rallied to win the set easily 6-2. It had no bearing on the result but will probably be aching tomorrow for her.
What I want to know is why that was the first question in the press conference. How come no one asked her why she played so poorly!! She lost in the 4th round of the last 2 slams from winning positions, largely due to giving away cheap points due to her errors by being overly aggressive. OK so nothing new (2006 final anyone?) but the reporters gave her relatively easy time.