PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Can/Do You Want Serena To Win More Majors Than Navrat?

tonybotz
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Martina has 18 Major singles titles -

Serena is well on her way to 13.

DO you think Serena can pass Martina N ? Would you like to see her do so?

LightWarrior
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Chris Evert also has 18 majors. lol

tonybotz
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:38 PM
i know that about Chris. But i'm talking about Martina only because she seems to fear having her records broken so much.

miffedmax
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Yet another pointless cross-era comparison, and yes I know Martina is really the guilty party here.

calou
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Martina has 18 Major singles titles -

Serena is well on her way to 13.

DO you think Serena can pass Martina N ? Would you like to see her do so?

Chris also has 18.Martina's haters you're very maniacs:mad:

miffedmax
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:14 PM
It's interesting, though (and I myself have brought this up) whenever pointless GOAT discussions get started, it's always about Steffi, Court and Martina. Chrissie, I guess because of the losing h2h with Martina, rarely gets mentioned, though you can make at least as convincing a pointless argument for her as any of the others, starting with the fact she has the best overall winning percentage of any one. And I say that as a Martina fan.

But yes, I'm always baffled by why she gets overlooked, when you'll hear people on this forum shriek to the heavens that h2h, doubles, etc. don't mean much of anything, then turn around and write off Chris and her 18 slams.

(Just because I consider GOAT arguments pointless and futile doesn't mean they can't, on occasion, be fun).

spartanfan
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:04 PM
If Serena can stay healthy and interested in tennis can can win more that Chrissy and Martina, without a doubt. I think that's her next personal/professional goal.

LightWarrior
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:16 PM
It's interesting, though (and I myself have brought this up) whenever pointless GOAT discussions get started, it's always about Steffi, Court and Martina. Chrissie, I guess because of the losing h2h with Martina, rarely gets mentioned, though you can make at least as convincing a pointless argument for her as any of the others, starting with the fact she has the best overall winning percentage of any one. And I say that as a Martina fan.

But yes, I'm always baffled by why she gets overlooked, when you'll hear people on this forum shriek to the heavens that h2h, doubles, etc. don't mean much of anything, then turn around and write off Chris and her 18 slams.

(Just because I consider GOAT arguments pointless and futile doesn't mean they can't, on occasion, be fun).

Because Chris is always busy getting married and raising her kids whereas Nav still always obsess about tennis records.
Seriously, as for their h2h, they played 80 times, it's 43/37 for Nav, not a lopsided h2h to say the least. Plus Evert has a lot of records that Nav doesn't have. People who write off Chris are plain ignorant.

delicatecutter
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Forget Martina, I want to see her overtake Court! :rocker:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:34 PM
She has the capability to do so. I'd like to see her pass 20, but she's going to need to get it together for the French.