PDA

View Full Version : Are the media too light on tennis players?

-Sonic-
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I say this because I am watching Kim/Justine, listening to the comments Davenport is saying about the non-stop coaching Justine is receiving.

I know that whether win or lose, Justine won't get a question in her press conference that says "Do you really think its OK to cheat through your whole career? - Lindsay Davenport just told the British nation that you were cheating".

When MJMS had the ball hit her arm (or whatever the story was) at RG against Serena.

When Justine put her hand up at RG.

When people take 40 seconds between points. When people hold up the server.

When people take blatent toilet breaks and injury time outs just to try to put their opponents off (yes these are within the rules, but you can still be called out on them if you ask me).

Journalists seem scared to try to get a straight answer out of tennis players these days. One interview is the same as the other. All the answers are the same old BS.

What are your views?

Do Not Revive
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:42 PM
lifes a bitch

and then you marry one

ptitnavet
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Nadal got a warning she deserves one and more.

Coke Zero
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:47 PM
We all know what happens if they ask those sorts of questions :tape:

PSry-7C2qrU

-Sonic-
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:05 PM

PSry-7C2qrU

Hehe poor Anna... she didn't cheat tho, she just couldn't win a final :)

My opinion for cheating type issues:

Give them the TV replay of it - shove a camera in their face - and let the world see them squirm/get pissy :) will show they know they are wrong.

Do Not Revive
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:07 PM
better still

put them on Jeremy Kyle

tennnisfannn
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Hehe poor Anna... she didn't cheat tho, she just couldn't win a final :)

My opinion for cheating type issues:

Give them the TV replay of it - shove a camera in their face - and let the world see them squirm/get pissy :) will show they know they are wrong.
The hand was replyed on TV every single time justine playe and still no questions in 03, doubt it would make a difference

Jogi
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:32 PM

PSry-7C2qrU

:eek::lol:

John.
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:37 PM

PSry-7C2qrU

That still makes me cringe :o

edificio
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:50 PM
No they are not. It isn't supposed to be an interrogation. In the post-match interviews, the players are just supposed to tell how the match went. In fact, sometimes they are down right cruel (Anne Keothavang knows).

Mixal
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Anna's face after saying thank you :lol:

No, I don't think so. There is much more cheating in other sports and you don't see media talking too much about it either.

Plus, bathroom toilets are allowed, so I don't think it should be considered as cheating. It may not be fair, but the player has the right to do it.

Slutati
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Pathetic from Kournikova. Just classless.

Serenus Christ
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:10 PM
remember when the press in 2007 told serena very simple and plainly that she was fat and should retire?

Jogi
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Pathetic from Kournikova. Just classless.

I thought that were just the perfect answers to those stupid questions

Serenus Christ
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:13 PM

PSry-7C2qrU

and omg she is so hot. :drool:

Joe.
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:25 PM

PSry-7C2qrU

CRINGE. :hysteric:

Wiggly
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:34 PM
You can't ask too much hard questions because the players will hate you and will not answer any of them anymore or the WTA will not allow you to attend press conferences, I guess.

KournikovaFan91
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Agree about the stupid questions, those questions were crap they had no relevance to the match whatsoever. Kournikova was right to call him out on how he answered the question when asking the question :rolleyes:

He always asks crap/annoying questions.

Coke Zero
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:40 PM
It was hilarious when he asked her 'Well what do you think a good opening question would be?' :rolls: I'd be like, 'Bitch, I'm not doing your job for you' :hysteric:

Serena y Monica
Jun 28th, 2010, 08:12 PM
The media are too light on players but at the same time, I doubt the players would actually respond to probing questions.

Think of how Venus and Serena used to handle the questions about their dad - basically they just didn't answer them. The top players - like Henin - are protected by WTA because they need them so badly.

True...but at least make an effort to sound intelligible when giving non answers.

The Witch-king
Jun 28th, 2010, 08:19 PM
You can't ask too much hard questions because the players will hate you and will not answer any of them anymore or the WTA will not allow you to attend press conferences, I guess.

This. They have moderators who will say things like "Next question." if the player feels uncomfortable.

Jogi
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:16 AM
It was hilarious when he asked her 'Well what do you think a good opening question would be?' :rolls: I'd be like, 'Bitch, I'm not doing your job for you' :hysteric:

^^
or "is it hard to go out and play a tennis match?"
"well, I'm doing it for some time now, I think I'm getting used to it." :worship: