PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon last 16 Pironkova outplayed Bartoli 6-4 6-4

FedererBulgaria
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Ohh my im sooo happyyy for Tsveti Well done girl she was 0-3 15-30 1st set but managed to win...She was 402 in the secon,missed many BPs and then got broken for 4-4 but managed to win HIT 42 WINNERS

RenaSlam.
Whattt

Taniaaa
Tsveti:hearts::yeah:

nfl46
Go Venus!!!

Ferg
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Marion, you are the biggest fucking retard on the tour. You deserve the shitstorm coming. Im seriously debating whether to just give up on you since you obviously dont give a fuck.

That is all.

TheBoiledEgg
Cake :bigwave:
:speakles:

Broseghini
Bartoli lost to Pironkova :help: :smash:

Steadyniacki
Marion :tape:

Had GP's in almost every game :o

Tsveti was a wall, congrats on making the quarters

Rix643
Tsveti :bounce:

Marion :hug:

Jolene
Wow! All I have to say is OMG! :) I thought this was the surest thing in the tournament, can't believe Bartoli lost!

Libertango
What?!

:tape::tape:

Tsveti! A Wimbledon QFinalist! :eek: Congrats.

Julian.
:worship::speakles:

Congratz on your first grand slam QF!

Mashabator
OMG :cheer:!!!!!!!!!!

Temperenka
Finally a good result for Pironkova :yeah:

Bartoli :shrug: Still a decent tournament for you

LudwigDvorak
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:12 PM
40 winners. Bartoli served 73% and lost in straight sets. Wow.

Bronx19
Thank god for that.

Cant trust Bartoli at all, she isnt worth having in the finals.

Rafito.
:spit:

Alizé Molik
i'm not shocked

Agata.
Tsveti :yeah: Well done on reaching the GS QF, nice comeback in the 1set
At least one of my faves is winning today :lol:

Keadz
Bartoli too defensive this tournament :o

Should have won this match.

Good result for Pironkova, seems to be playing well. Now upset Venus is a slam again :angel:

Marionated
The second year in a row that you messed up the first set Marion :shrug:

delicatecutter
Great play from Tsveti!! :yeah:

Bartoli was clueless. :help:

Hian
Tsvetana :hearts:
Bartoli is a bad player who has been very lucky. First Julia, then Petra, and at last Greta.
Au revoir Bartoli :)

John.
:speakles:

Pironkova in a GS QF :eek:

Marion :rolls::tape:

SoClose
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Bortoli has always had hard matches against Tsveti ( with MPS and SPs for tsveti), this time Tsveti won :):):) Qf is great Tsveti :)

Juju Nostalgique
WHATaWEEK for Piry! :eek: :bolt:

Congrats! :cheer:

CakOli :hug:

olivero
The results today are quite crazy!
Congrats Tsveti, well done in reaching your first QF :yeah:

VIKA?
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Well done Tsveti:yeah:

Ferg
Marion had points for 4-1, 4-2, 5-3, 5-4 in the first, and for 2-1 and 5-4 in the second. Well done to her.

govera
hard to believe that this fat fitness joke ever played a final here :lol:

azmad_88
congrats pironkova for finally having a breakthrough grand slam performance!

sammy01
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:15 PM
lol at this result.

FedererBulgaria
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Marion had points for 4-1, 4-2, 5-3, 5-4 in the first, and for 2-1 and 5-4 in the second. Well done to her.

Tsveti missed 11/3 BPs so....

Daniel K
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Rofl!

Viktymise
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Bartoli simply couldn't hit through Tsveti. Tsveti moves really well on grass, and absorbs pace beautifully. She wasn't serving as well as she has been so far this tournament though. If only she had a proper rally FH. If only.

Ballbasher
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Tsveti!!!! :inlove: :worship: Getting your game together on grass of all surfaces. :speakles: :D Got that serve working and playing confident! :woohoo: All the best against Venus!

SVK
Bartoli lost to Pironkova :help: :smash:

Also Zvonareva and V. Williams lost to Pironkova, Wozniacki was near to lose to her...it“s not embarassing to lose to her, because when her game is on, then she is very dangerous

Elwin.
Pironkova must be on fire :eek:

Shinjiro
Great achievement for the Bulgarian.

gmokb
Bartoli was up 3-0 in the 1st set and lost in 2:confused:

RandomShot
Tsveti in the quarterfinals of Wimbledon? :eek:

:worship: :yeah:

joćo.
:o

Pironkova has game to reach the QFs though so it's not a total surprise.

mr_burns
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Finally a good result for Pironkova :yeah:

Bartoli :shrug: Still a decent tournament for you

excuse me? she had a wlakover in the 2nd round , had to play arn (qualifier, not a real grass court player) in the 3rd and then lost to pironkova...

I would not call that a decent tournament

Ellery
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Marion :o

Congrats Tsvetana.

mckyle.
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Lord, Marion :lol: :help:

Mynarco
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Tsveti :)

flareon
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Knew this would happen well done Pironkova
Bartoli wastes an easy draw.

Serena-rules-no1
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:20 PM
excellent result

madmax
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Pronkova rocks:banana: You go girl

Dave.
How?

:o

Congrats Tsveti (:drool:) though. Always love when a player can't get past one round for so long then when she does she goes far.

timafi
Pironkova:hatoff: :lol: :lol:

Freakan
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Pironkova has really improved her results since I became a fan few weeks ago ;)

InsideOut.
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Tsveti in the quarterfinals of Wimbledon? :eek:

:worship: :yeah:

Time to change your sig? :yeah: New career high.

Danii's Law
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Yay Tsvetlana is such a good player. I knew she had a good result in her somewhere.

Jajaloo
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Oh dear :lol:

Manic Monday continues.

lAZgLcK5LzI

TennisPlayingFox
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Yes! So happy for Tsveti!

Ivan.
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Amazing match for Tsveti . 42 winners and only 17 UE, hope in next match her serve will be better .

Davai Tsveti :yeah:

Aideeeee

Ferg
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Tsveti played some really clever rallies really, especially one tactic she used a lot was using a very heavy slived forehand landing near the service line which provoked Marion into net rushing, which enabled Tsveta to pass her very easily, mustve been atleast 15 times she used it. She really deserves it, not often we see someone playing with brains like that.

RandomShot
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Time to change your sig? :yeah: New career high.

I've just been thinking about that :lol:

rockstar
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:29 PM
:yeah:

FedererBulgaria
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Tsveti in QF without dropping a set:lol::worship:

strictennis
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Been a fan of hers for so long! Finally!

coool
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:33 PM
just wow, that was an outstanding play from Tsveti. Winners from all over the court, such a joy to watch :worship:
Marion :bigwave:

Jankarenka
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Thin >Cake

vn01
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:38 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. GREAT PIRONKOVA. Now beat Venus.

petkoan
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:40 PM
OOOOOOOOuuuuuuu my GODDDDD! SO HAPPYYYYYY! БРАВО ЦВЕТАНА!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

Bulgaria
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:42 PM
There is no way anyone can say that Bartoli lost because she didn't play well. If somebody thinks that he definetely haven't watched the match. Tsveti totally outplayed her in every component of the game. Bartoli just was clueless what to do because of the strong and full of winners game from Tsvetana. She deserved to win that match in every way.

Good Luck in the QF now Tsveti. I can see another win. Haideeeee. :bounce:

crazillo
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:43 PM
First Bulgarian to reach a QF since Maggie Maleeva in the early 90s (not counting Sesil who is not Bulgarian anymore).

Always knew this girl has talent, but I'm still surprised her FH is workinng on this surface. :eek: Now try your best against Venus!

ce
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Marion :weirdo:
just fucking go for it woman
this Bulgarian girl just gets everything back :yeah:
well done making the 1/4

Slutiana
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Wow.

Definitely a surprise, but a good one. Didn't watch the match but Tsveti is serving huge, moving well on the grass, hitting her backhand well as usual and her forehand seems to be holding up as well as the slice being effective on this surface.

Now lose!

TZVETI83
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I watched this match and I was in awe at how good Tveti played, she hit some amazing winners, her backhand is wicked, her forehand was steady, great volleys, lobs, dropshots, and so so many amazing passing shots by Tzveti. Her serve(which has been one of the best of the tournament so far) was not as good as in some of her previous matches but was still more than effective.

I cannot believe Tzveti's game has come so far, has great chances to make the Semis in my own opinion.

Seriously for whoever did not watch Tveti in this match, WOW, you missed one hell of a performance.

Has not lost a set still!

42 Winners, only 17 Unforced Errors. Some of the speed on her shots were crazy!!!

So happy for her!!!!

Milito22
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:52 PM
so Happy :woohoo:

TennisFanForever
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Marion :bigcry:

no shame though because Pironkova is a good player. Hopefully she can be a little more consistent and it's not a random run :rolleyes:

kaetchen
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Tsveti :bounce:
A Wimbledon quarterfinalist without dropping a set! :inlove:

Stats look nice you must have played great!

Nico_E
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:00 PM
:lol: Bartoli you cake eater

Steadyniacki
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Tsveti was up to about 8 or 9 UE's at 3-0, really really tightened up her game after that.
Nice use of forehand slice also, but marion doesnt have the gamestyle to be a pusher, go for it girl~

goldenlox
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:11 PM
This is Fran's section and Pironkova took advantage

Blu€
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Marion had a great chance here, I wanted a rematch with Venus :(

Chakvenus
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Marion :sad: :sad:
so sad - such a great draw wasted!!

GreenGrass
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Marion wtf? :( :o
Congrats Tsvetlana :D

Yonexforever
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Marion, you are the biggest fucking retard on the tour. You deserve the shitstorm coming. Im seriously debating whether to just give up on you since you obviously dont give a fuck.

That is all.

I can empathisize with your pain.. but that was comment was a scream!
:wavey:

ivanban
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Pironka :cheer: Keep winning!

Talula
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:57 PM
What a waste Marion.

So anyone who did well at Eastbourne has been a washout at Wimbledon!

Uranus
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Hahaha, guess who ate too much cake this morning.

FedererBulgaria
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:06 PM
I watched this match and I was in awe at how good Tveti played, she hit some amazing winners, her backhand is wicked, her forehand was steady, great volleys, lobs, dropshots, and so so many amazing passing shots by Tzveti. Her serve(which has been one of the best of the tournament so far) was not as good as in some of her previous matches but was still more than effective.

I cannot believe Tzveti's game has come so far, has great chances to make the Semis in my own opinion.

Seriously for whoever did not watch Tveti in this match, WOW, you missed one hell of a performance.

Has not lost a set still!

42 Winners, only 17 Unforced Errors. Some of the speed on her shots were crazy!!!

So happy for her!!!!

:worship::worship::worship:

matty
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Congrats to these new slam quarter finalists--very exciting for them---just don't beat the sisters!

Renalicious
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Urghhhhhh Marion you wasted such a good chance. :o

KournikovaFan91
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Marion had too easy a draw up until this point.

Where is Pierce Brosnan when you need him :rolleyes:

noamgdi
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:56 PM
:eek:
OMG!! I really wanted to see venus-bartoli next.

Joe.
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Woah.

WD Tsvetana, finally showing your full potential. :yeah:

Marion...just go and eat some cake or something. ;)

$uricate
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:09 PM
:bowdown:

Finally a breakthrough for Tsveti at a slam!

This has totally made my day.

I feel like I've been waiting for this forever :zzz:

Now please play like this all the time.

FedererBulgaria
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Tsveti was up to about 8 or 9 UE's at 3-0, really really tightened up her game after that.
Nice use of forehand slice also, but marion doesnt have the gamestyle to be a pusher, go for it girl~

She awlays start loke this here and i dont know why

black_fire
Jun 28th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Amazing match for Pironkova. I'm so glad she played smart and thus totally outplayed Bartoli, who seemed despaired after being broken in the second set.

First Bulgarian to reach Wimbledon QF after Katerina Maleeva (?) in the early 90s!!

cn ireland
Jun 28th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Marion:sad:!

Congrats to Pironkova though.

klever58
Jun 28th, 2010, 09:10 PM
woooooow Tsveti :woohoo:

Dodoboy.
Jun 28th, 2010, 10:23 PM
This was my first live tennis match, ever.

Great match, some fantastic rallies. Bartoli seemed to have all the momentum in the first after being 3-0, but a few points badly played here and there cost her the match. She lost 7 games in a row at one point, but watching it, didn't seem like that at all. Just the big points, Tsveti played well.

One thing i've also noticed is that Bartoli is VERY one-dimensional, Tsveti tried to do different things, different spins, different pace. Bartoli was predictable and ineffective. The WORST part of her game BY FAR today was her net game, it was plain EMBRASSING, she came in on the WORST shots, her volleys were POOR, she looked very uncomportable. It made me cry. She was constantly stranded, she must have came in 16 times and won about 4. This lost her the match, she knew she had to come in, GREAT, but she chose the worst possible times.

Bartoli's serve was fantastic for most of the match, Tsveti defended very well; made Marion make those extra balls. By the middle of the second set, Marion looked out of it - worrying.

Was a great match in all, Tsveti's reaction was priceless, kissing the grass. Fantastic support from the crowd too, seemed to be quite a significant Bulgarian contigent who greeted her after the match. I did too, she did very well. I said 'Bien fait' to Bartoli and she gave me evils, supported her THROUGHOUT the match, just wasn't enough. Fun match to follow, my favourite of today, lots of close games, personality and great rallies.

Pironkova was VIOLENTLY late, and then after all that Bartoli went to have a toilet break :weirdo:

Bartoli has SUCH a good tan :inlove:

njnetswill
Jun 28th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Pironkova's forehand slice :worship:

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 28th, 2010, 11:32 PM
I was at this match and I have to say Tsveti's performance today was the single most entertaining performance by a woman I have seen at Wimbledon this year. At the end Tvseti looked so delighted with herself and no wonder, I doubt she has even played a better match. She changed pace brilliantly, hit flat sometimes, hit with topspin sometimes, threw in some beautifully wicked slice, hit probably 40 to 50 shots within 4 inches of the baseline and created unbelievable angles too.

I loved how Tsveti was able to get Bartoli running all over the court without having to bludgeon the ball, she simply hit accurate angled shots that came close to the sidelines and until she had opened up the court, and when she had an opening she hardly ever missed. Oh and Tsveti also ripped a couple of returns of 1st serves so viciously into the corner for winners that any player in the game would be proud of.

pesto
Jun 29th, 2010, 12:29 AM
I was at this match too, but came in halfway. Engaging match.

A performance like this in the second week of a slam ought to bring real confidence for Pironkova.

P_Fer
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:27 AM
Wow, Tsveti! GREAT JOB! :woohoo:
Sounds like you played an awesome match, wish I could have seen it! :D
Anyways fantastic result, good luck in the next round :yeah:

*JR*
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Nice 2C that the good Bulgarian is doing well. :angel:

And that "the other one" is not. :devil:

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Pironkova in a GS QF. :rolls: No worse than Kanepi I s'pose.

KournikovaFan91
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Nice 2C that the good Bulgarian is doing well. :angel:

And that "the other one" is not. :devil:

If you are refering to who I believe you are then she has already made a slam Quarter.:angel:

FedererBulgaria
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:45 AM
This was my first live tennis match, ever.

Great match, some fantastic rallies. Bartoli seemed to have all the momentum in the first after being 3-0, but a few points badly played here and there cost her the match. She lost 7 games in a row at one point, but watching it, didn't seem like that at all. Just the big points, Tsveti played well.

One thing i've also noticed is that Bartoli is VERY one-dimensional, Tsveti tried to do different things, different spins, different pace. Bartoli was predictable and ineffective. The WORST part of her game BY FAR today was her net game, it was plain EMBRASSING, she came in on the WORST shots, her volleys were POOR, she looked very uncomportable. It made me cry. She was constantly stranded, she must have came in 16 times and won about 4. This lost her the match, she knew she had to come in, GREAT, but she chose the worst possible times.

Bartoli's serve was fantastic for most of the match, Tsveti defended very well; made Marion make those extra balls. By the middle of the second set, Marion looked out of it - worrying.

Was a great match in all, Tsveti's reaction was priceless, kissing the grass. Fantastic support from the crowd too, seemed to be quite a significant Bulgarian contigent who greeted her after the match. I did too, she did very well. I said 'Bien fait' to Bartoli and she gave me evils, supported her THROUGHOUT the match, just wasn't enough. Fun match to follow, my favourite of today, lots of close games, personality and great rallies.

Pironkova was VIOLENTLY late, and then after all that Bartoli went to have a toilet break :weirdo:

Bartoli has SUCH a good tan :inlove:

I was at this match and I have to say Tsveti's performance today was the single most entertaining performance by a woman I have seen at Wimbledon this year. At the end Tvseti looked so delighted with herself and no wonder, I doubt she has even played a better match. She changed pace brilliantly, hit flat sometimes, hit with topspin sometimes, threw in some beautifully wicked slice, hit probably 40 to 50 shots within 4 inches of the baseline and created unbelievable angles too.

I loved how Tsveti was able to get Bartoli running all over the court without having to bludgeon the ball, she simply hit accurate angled shots that came close to the sidelines and until she had opened up the court, and when she had an opening she hardly ever missed. Oh and Tsveti also ripped a couple of returns of 1st serves so viciously into the corner for winners that any player in the game would be proud of.

Ohhhh this commets make me so happy.i dont know why..ohh i know,i know:lol::bounce::cool:

Dodoboy.
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Court 5 people - where you all there when Novak and Roger walked past? :inlove:

laurie
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Court 5 people - where you all there when Novak and Roger walked past? :inlove:

I was on court 5 for the 2nd set so missed that.

But I agree Bartoli was thoroughly outplayed.

lilygotsilly
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Pironkova's forehand slice :worship:
It wasnt grass she kissed - it was dirt. And this isnt wimbledon anymore , its roland garros. The powers that be have totally screwed this up - made the grass so slow by having more space between the blade that the heat has totally killed it and they are basically playing on dirt. Why would we want two dirt slams in a row!

This totally screwed up bartoli - she couldnt hit thru thet "clay" and pironkova just stayed 5 feet behind the bl and basically let the little girl tire herself out trying to hit thru this slow court. Pironkova did well to take her opportunities , but if this was real grass bartoli's shots would have had much more sting and she would have played the right style. As is Pironkova played the right way by defending more - almost like a rope a dope letting bartoli wear herself out

TZVETI83
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:48 PM
It wasnt grass she kissed - it was dirt. And this isnt wimbledon anymore , its roland garros. The powers that be have totally screwed this up - made the grass so slow by having more space between the blade that the heat has totally killed it and they are basically playing on dirt. Why would we want two dirt slams in a row!

This totally screwed up bartoli - she couldnt hit thru thet "clay" and pironkova just stayed 5 feet behind the bl and basically let the little girl tire herself out trying to hit thru this slow court. Pironkova did well to take her opportunities , but if this was real grass bartoli's shots would have had much more sting and she would have played the right style. As is Pironkova played the right way by defending more - almost like a rope a dope letting bartoli wear herself out

What the hell are you talking about:confused:, Pironkova hit 42 winners, twice as many as Bartoli!

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:02 PM
At least Bartoli fans can say their girl did better than ours did yesterday! lol...Venus you should know better...that match was too easy for you yesterday.

lilygotsilly
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:46 AM
What the hell are you talking about:confused:, Pironkova hit 42 winners, twice as many as Bartoli!

its not all in the stat line -- yeah her winner to errrors was amazing but she stayed off the baseline - go back and watch it! In the venus match she had much less winners but actually steppped into the court more. Sometimes the stats lie. Against bartoli she made tons of winners at the end of LONG POINTS - it was like an old school clay match! A lot of the points with venus were much shorter because venus was going for a lot more than bartoli and making errors a lot quicker. Again , bartoli tried to control her shot making the balls werent getting through the slow court and finally she over hit or Pironkova THEN came into the court and finished with a winner. Because bartoli was more patient than venus Pironkova had to finally take the initiative which she did. Against venus she really could just let the errors fly.

Either way she starts out most points off the baseline - actually was very smart -- I wasnt putting her down. These courts are playing like baked clay with lighter balls which is what Roland Garros is these days - in other words - fast clay and having some patience then trying to hit a winner at the first opening is the way to go and thats exactly what pironkova did. Bartoli was trying to hit to big and aggressive and venus was wayyy over aggressive. Both bartoli and venus rushed the net irresponsibly thinking this was a normal grass court where its easy to rush the net. NOt when its playing this slow!