PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Knows What Is Wrong With Venus; Health Wise?

tennisbum79
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:08 PM
ESPN reported that she came late on the court, and then had to leave the court briefly thereafter.

nfl46
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:09 PM
She's sick. Probably a virus or something.

Paneru
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:11 PM
She left to go to the bathroom.

As for being late on to court, she was probably just running late.

Danii's Law
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Ugly open stance forehand disease?

soomaal
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:13 PM
She left to go to the bathroom.

As for being late on to court, she was probably just running late.

How can you just sooooo authoritatively assume that nothing was wrong with her? It is perfectly reasonable to question whether Venus is sick given her display today.

Just let all that defensiveness go. :rolleyes:

gmokb
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:14 PM
They are just guessing that she is ill. She did seem a bit off but it could just be that she was having a off day.

Rafito.
She probably has diarrhoea.

Vanity Bonfire
Menstrual cramps.

God, Vee. You're a year late.

tennisbum79
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Venus does not give too much away in her interview, but I am sure she'll be asked about it.
Let's see what she had to say.

I hope ESPN brings her in their studio

Paneru
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:42 PM
How can you just sooooo authoritatively assume that nothing was wrong with her? It is perfectly reasonable to question whether Venus is sick given her display today.

Just let all that defensiveness go. :rolleyes:

What are you talking about?

I just stated a fact and my opinion.

The only defensive thing I've seen thus far is you, my goodness.

BTW, why do you automatically assume something is wrong?
Oh never mind. :lol:

In The Zone
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:58 PM
:spit: :lol:

Venus just said she was waiting for someone to get her and no one came. Then she saw everyone leave and was like, hmm, I think I should go.

Fail by Wimbledon.

tennisbum79
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:59 PM

Venus just said she was waiting for someone to get her and no one came. Then she saw everyone leave and was like, hmm, I think I should go.

Fail by Wimbledon.
Yeah.

I am glad there nothing wrong with her.

nfl46
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Wow, someone forgot to come get her! smh @ Wimbledon! Treating a 5-time champ like that! Someone is getting fired, especially if a assigned person was supposed to come get her.

tennisbum79
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Wow, someone forgot to come get her! smh @ Wimbledon! Treating a 5-time champ like that! Someone is getting fired, especially if a assigned person was supposed to come get her.
Venus was lightly booed by the crowd when she walked on the court late.

Then again, it could have been worse had this been at RG.

Infiniti2001
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:27 PM

Fail by Wimbledon.

4PW4du2waPE

OMFG ! Thank God Vee is a strong individual :fiery:

soomaal
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Shocking that they didn't even bother to get the 5 time Champion. This would never happen to any of the top men and then they say that sexism is not alive.

VishaalMaria
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Shocking that they didn't even bother to get the 5 time Champion. This would never happen to any of the top men and then they say that sexism is not alive.

That is absolutely awful, the fact no one told Venus to come out on court, that everything was ready.

Thank God Venus looked at the clock and headed on out otherwise there'd be more controversy on the whole subject if Venus came out any later.

edificio
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I do find it weird that players after their matches have to walk through a huge crowd. I don't know which court, but Pironkova did today. Seems a security issue. Anyway, didn't this happen to Venus one time before?

sipnsurfMurph
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Conspiracy theorist are never bothered by the facts, no matter how compelling. Folks that follow Vee regularly will view this as the usual variant in her performances.

Straight sets & never facing a match point against. that's a good day for mortal players.

NY Times:

http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/28/venus-williams-overcomes-stumbles-again/

"It was vintage Venus: a strong first set, a less convincing second set. But she found another familiar formula to win the match, 6-4, 7-6 (5), and move into the quarterfinals."

I agree, Vee @ Wimby, as usual.

LightWarrior
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:22 PM

Fail by Wimbledon.

OK but why did she leave the court after a couple of games ? :confused:

Tennisstar86
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Didnt the same thing happen to Federer or another player maybe it was Serena at the AO? a couple years ago... :lol: I think it was Federer..... I remember him laughing about it