PDA

View Full Version : Was Sharapova and Serena once good buddies?

TennisArt
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Was watching highlights from the Wimbledon 2004 final and at the end of the match Serena and Sharapova gave each other a nice hug. Also Yuri and Richard was hugging in the stands. Were they once close? If so what happened to the friendship?

Lin Lin
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:37 AM
I think the title should be "Were Sharapova and Serena once good buddies? ":unsure:

Caralenko
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:38 AM
They were lovers. Maria broke Serena's heart, thus the reason she is determined to beat her down every time they meet.

friendsita
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:46 AM
no, they were not friends...

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:47 AM
They were lovers. Maria broke Serena's heart, thus the reason she is determined to beat her down every time they meet.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=395400&page=1

:tears:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Serena hates Headbandpova. :tears:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/Elisser/flaminghotred2004_17.gif

Jacey
Jun 28th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Serena hates Headbandpova. :tears:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/Elisser/flaminghotred2004_17.gif

lol....do we say "goodtimes, goodtimes"

I think its not so much that there not friends, I just think they are not very chatty with each other. I think its been mentioned before that Maria is just very quiet and keeps to herself at tourneys. Where as Serena is the opposite.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 28th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Maria doesn't have many friends on tour it seems. I mean other than Kirilenko who does Maria kick it with?

I know the Williams camp tends to stick to themselves as well but it seems Serena is at least acquaintances with Sveta, Vika, Caro, Lindsay, and Kim.

It was nice to see Maria and Serena joking around and being chatty with one another at AA kids day last year tho, and it didn't seem forced. They are essentially co-workers and it's hard to ignore people when you're constantly around them and share many of the same concerns.

MBM
Jun 28th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Maria doesn't have many friends on tour it seems. I mean other than Kirilenko who does Maria kick it with?

I know the Williams camp tends to stick to themselves as well but it seems Serena is at least acquaintances with Sveta, Vika, Caro, Lindsay, and Kim.

It was nice to see Maria and Serena joking around and being chatty with one another at AA kids day last year tho, and it didn't seem forced. They are essentially co-workers and it's hard to ignore people when you're constantly around them and share many of the same concerns.

She must have a good relationship with Vesnina to have just randomly played doubles with her last year

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 28th, 2010, 09:27 AM
She must have a good relationship with Vesnina to have just randomly played doubles with her last year

She is friends with Vesnina.

Vanity Bonfire
Jun 28th, 2010, 09:30 AM

You beat me to it:bigcry:

Keegan
Jun 28th, 2010, 09:42 AM
It also seems Maria and Li Na are friends. That's the impression I got at Birmingham anyway.

I don't think they're "good buddies", I think that they might get along though. Their handshakes always seem warmer and friends than some other ones.

bandabou
Jun 28th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I don't think they're really like buddies buddies..but they get along, respect each other..might have some little chit-chat.

RebelPrince
Jun 28th, 2010, 11:58 AM
It just seems like Serena is very extroverted and the opposite for Maria