PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with Prince and Sharapova?

Sammo
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Didn't Maria have a lifetime contract with Prince? Well she's not using prince rackets or at least she's not putting the p on her racket

Vanity Bonfire
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Haven't you heard? Maria loves Head too.

edificio
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Claim of experimenting with racquets has been given.

Probably nice, though, that they don't put the "p" on her racket.;)

joão.
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Again? :rolleyes:

Sp!ffy
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Haven't you heard? Maria loves Head too.

:eek:

Vanity Bonfire
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:12 PM
:eek:

What? I thought she'd signed a contract with Head:shrug:.

Sammo
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Wait a minute!! And what about the lifetime contract with Prince!! I remember she signed it in 2006 and I'm not even a fan :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Have Maria Sharapova and Prince split up? I noticed she was using a blacked-out racquet with no “P” on the strings at the French Open.—Nancy
Sharp eye you’ve got there, Nancy. Sharapova was indeed yielding a logo-less stick with no stencil on the stringbed in Paris. But while they may not have Paris, both Prince and Sharapova say they’re still going steady. However, Sharapova is using some “experimental frames over the next few months in practice and actual competition,” according to an e-mail response from a Prince representative, adding that it “may actually include her testing frames and technologies that we currently do not carry in our line.” Her longtime racquet sponsor declined to elaborate on what frame(s) she used at the French Open and wouldn’t confirm that the racquet she used in Paris was even a Prince model: “Sorry, can’t comment on any products/technologies that Prince is having Maria test as part of our playtest program with her,” the rep wrote. But as you can tell from the photos at right, the frame doesn’t look like the Prince EX03 Black that Sharapova launched for the company at this year’s Australian Open; it doesn’t have the sculpted grooves of Prince’s EXO3 Energy Channel technology on the sides of the head.

http://www.tennis.fm/2010/06/mailbag-is-sharapova-still-princes-princess/

Sammo
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks goldenlox

Sp!ffy
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:22 PM
What? I thought she'd signed a contract with Head:shrug:.

The way you said it was funny.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:23 PM
At first glance at this thread i thought the SINGER Prince and Maria had started up a romance:eek::lol::p

Sammo
Jun 27th, 2010, 11:33 PM
At first glance at this thread i thought the SINGER Prince and Maria had started up a romance:eek::lol::p

LOL :happy: there's only one thing that fails :rolleyes: :lol: Well who knows I think that Maria could turn straight 95 % of the gay men on earth :haha:

darrinbaker00
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Have Maria Sharapova and Prince split up? I noticed she was using a blacked-out racquet with no “P” on the strings at the French Open.—Nancy
Sharp eye you’ve got there, Nancy. Sharapova was indeed yielding a logo-less stick with no stencil on the stringbed in Paris. But while they may not have Paris, both Prince and Sharapova say they’re still going steady. However, Sharapova is using some “experimental frames over the next few months in practice and actual competition,” according to an e-mail response from a Prince representative, adding that it “may actually include her testing frames and technologies that we currently do not carry in our line.” Her longtime racquet sponsor declined to elaborate on what frame(s) she used at the French Open and wouldn’t confirm that the racquet she used in Paris was even a Prince model: “Sorry, can’t comment on any products/technologies that Prince is having Maria test as part of our playtest program with her,” the rep wrote. But as you can tell from the photos at right, the frame doesn’t look like the Prince EX03 Black that Sharapova launched for the company at this year’s Australian Open; it doesn’t have the sculpted grooves of Prince’s EXO3 Energy Channel technology on the sides of the head.

http://www.tennis.fm/2010/06/mailbag-is-sharapova-still-princes-princess/
In other words, Prince is launching a new stick for Maria to endorse at the US Open, but they haven't decided on a name or color scheme yet.

Sammo
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:31 AM
In other words, Prince is launching a new stick for Maria to endorse at the US Open, but they haven't decided on a name or color scheme yet.

The strangest part is that it doesn't have holes

darrinbaker00
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:34 AM
The strangest part is that it doesn't have holes
Maybe Prince is getting away from that. :shrug:

Cakeisgood
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:57 AM

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Maria is using a stick from another company right now (it looks a lot like a Head racquet actually) and Prince will incorporate that into their new stick for their star.

Honestly, the whole O-Port thing was cool for a while, but Prince needs to let it die. Changing the holes' shapes and sizes are not upgrades. Besides, those things kill any sense of feel in a racquet.

duhcity
Jun 28th, 2010, 01:27 AM
What I heard was that Maria has been playing with various rackets (apparently she's taken a liking to a Head) and now Prince will be making a similar racket for her to debut down the line.

dany.p
Jun 28th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Even if she is using "experimental frames" why don't they just stamp a P on the raquet anyway???

Polikarpov
Jun 28th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Maria is using a stick from another company right now (it looks a lot like a Head racquet actually) and Prince will incorporate that into their new stick for their star.

Honestly, the whole O-Port thing was cool for a while, but Prince needs to let it die. Changing the holes' shapes and sizes are not upgrades. Besides, those things kill any sense of feel in a racquet.

It's a Head Youtek. I think Prince is struggling to create a racquet that will suit Maria's new needs. Is there no way out of a lifetime contract?

Beat
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:24 PM
when i saw the thread title, i though it was hinting at a possible romance between sharpie and prince (the musician) :o imagine the difference in height :lol:

miffedmax
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Prince better be careful. They already lost the greatest blonde Russian tennis player ever. Remember?

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/8936/elena071ja5.jpg

They can't lose TOB, too.

Do Not Revive
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:04 PM
^^^^^^^^^^ who,s she?

timafi
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:07 PM
I hope she goes with Head:shrug:

iGOAT
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I heard she is trying lots of different racquets because Prince isn't working great for her, and then when she finds the right one Prince will basically copy it to be one of their own.