PDA

View Full Version : Venus' wounded knee

Fabunny
Jun 27th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Venus will "need some support" to continue at Wimbledon.

Apparently Venus' left knee has flared up again. She wore strapping on her left knee in practice today. To borrow her catch phrase, I guess she "needed some support". Venus has played 3 singles and 3 doubles matches without incident. How deep do you think Venus can get at Wimbledon this year when her mobility is hampererd?

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100625/capt.f78c71ca1fad4ea9b8b71a32ca972e0f-f78c71ca1fad4ea9b8b71a32ca972e0f-0.jpg?x=400&y=250&q=85&sig=1UQT_R5XQ2cTuPgLv_g4Dw--

The draw will only get tougher. Without her agility on the grass, Venus was a shadow of herself in the final against Serena last year. She had difficulty moving side to side and Serena capitalize on that fact to dethrone her sister and claim the title. The same thing happened in Miami this year when Kim blew Venus off the court in the finals.

Although Venus started wearing the "support" on her left knee in the first week of Wimbledon last year, she didn't face any great grass court players en route to the finals. (Ivanovic retired injured and Safina, well is Safina). What is the likelihood that Venus will reach the finals on wounded knee this year when her future opponents are so formidable on grass?

Do you think Venus has 4 solid singles matches left in her especially since she is contending in doubles as well?

Ferg
Jun 27th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Is there any actual news or are you just speculating?

Fabunny
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Is there any actual news or are you just speculating?

I wouldn't speculate about a subject as serious as this. NBC broadcasted Venus during their noon to 3PM coverage and showed her walking to practice today with her bandaged left knee.

Nicolás89
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:03 PM
There is a patron that if Venus is injured she loses to her sister in the finals, 2003 & 2009 baby.

The Witch-king
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:07 PM
You can wipe the drool off your face, mister.

Fabunny
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:08 PM
There is a patron that if Venus is injured she loses to her sister in the finals, 2003 & 2009 baby.

If Venus makes it to finals this year, I will be happy because, at least, she would have defended her points from last year.

I am praying that, since this is Wimbledon, Venus will muster the strength to emerge the victor. However, if her opponents approach the match blazing and Venus can't move or serve well, I will be crushed.

VishaalMaria
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:15 PM
We'll just have to wait and see how she's moving against Groth.

And whether she's able to bend her knees.

Kworb
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Good to have an excuse ready for when Marion crushes her.

Mightymirza
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:19 PM
So looks like Serena will beat Vee again in finals :tape:

VishaalMaria
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I hope it's precautionary.

Otherwise people will be salivating.

Paneru
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I hope it's precautionary.

Otherwise people will be salivating.

Who cares. Let 'em do whatever they want.

If they feel they can underestimate Venus because
her knee may be a bit sore, let them go right ahead.

edificio
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Speculation. She may just need support.

Viktymise
Jun 27th, 2010, 09:58 PM

I think you'll find it's going to be an AO R1 06 repeat. ;)

Uranium
Jun 27th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Jesus fucking Christ.:fiery:

young_gunner913
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:00 PM

Venus would never let that happen, she's not... Justine Henin.

debby
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:05 PM

Stanford? :D

VishaalMaria
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Stanford? :D

But Venus didn't get crushed 6-1 in the third...and it wasn't a slam:wazzup::nerner::nerner:

Njay16
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:21 PM

:spit:

SoClose
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Ok, can anyone confirm that her knee is injured :?

V's a star
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:22 PM

and 2002 unfortunately thats how it goes

debby
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:23 PM
But Venus didn't get crushed 6-1 in the third...and it wasn't a slam:wazzup::nerner::nerner:

I know. :tears:

VishaalMaria
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:27 PM
I know. :tears:

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zmnm6x.jpg

Ferg
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Yall know Henin was just scared of playing Vee, thats why she lost that semi!!

narutos
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:28 PM
http://i36.tinypic.com/1zmnm6x.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Fabunny
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Ok, can anyone confirm that there her knee is injured :?

Venus has been battling knee problems for quite some time. Venus will never admit during a tournament that she is injured.(Ask Oracene) She has said so many times that she does not discuss her injuries, it is part of sports, and every one is battling something. She doesn't want to give her opponent the leg up on her physical state. Not even Serena knows the extent of Venus' injuries, especially when Serena is still playing in the tournament, and her biggest threat for the title.

I knew Venus was injured during Wimbledon last year, but she would not confirm that fact at the time - using the "needed some support" catch phrase to hold the media at bay. If you rewatch the match with Serena, you will see that her side to side movement was hampered. Even the commentators noted that fact.

I was watching Venus play on the opening night of the 2009 US Open when her knee flared up in the first game.
If you follow Venus as closely as I do, then you know that she has admitted that she had knee problems well beyond "needing some support".

She took a month off afer Miami this year to rehab the same sore knee. When asked about how she feels, Venus is always cautious to say she is feeling good at the moment and hopes she stays healthy. Playing singles and doubles at Madrid, the French Open, and now Wimbledon has aught up to her.

Fortunately, Venus had the middle Sunday off, so she has time to rest and get some treatment. Since she has already played her 3rd round doubles match, she just has to get past Groth tomorrow and won't play doubles again until probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

THIS IS WIMBLEDON and Venus looks forward to playing on the lawns of the All England Club every year. Even if she has to hop on 1 leg, she will do her very best to compete and win. I can take that to the bank.

I will ask her about her knee when I see her the book signing in New York after Wimbledon.

Fabunny
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:58 PM
BTW, Venus fell during her third round match against Kleybanova. Perhaps, her left knee took a pounding.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100625/capt.f78c71ca1fad4ea9b8b71a32ca972e0f-f78c71ca1fad4ea9b8b71a32ca972e0f-0.jpg?x=400&y=250&q=85&sig=1UQT_R5XQ2cTuPgLv_g4Dw--

Sean.
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Knee pain & Wimbledon are virtually synonymous. Having to bend for the lower bounce puts a lot of stress on them, I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few of the girls are feeling it right now! Not that they would ever admit it until after the lose of course. :lol:

SoClose
Jun 27th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Venus has been battling knee problems for quite some time. Venus will never admit during a tournament that she is injured.(Ask Oracene) She has said so many times that she does not discuss her injuries, it is part of sports, and every one is battling something. She doesn't want to give her opponent the leg up on her physical state. Not even Serena knows the extent of Venus' injuries, especially when Serena is still playing in the tournament, and her biggest threat for the title.

I knew Venus was injured during Wimbledon last year, but she would not confirm that fact at the time - using the "needed some support" catch phrase to hold the media at bay. If you rewatch the match with Serena, you will see that her side to side movement was hampered. Even the commentators noted that fact.

I was watching Venus play on the opening night of the 2009 US Open when her knee flared up in the first game.
If you follow Venus as closely as I do, then you know that she has admitted that she had knee problems well beyond "needing some support".

She took a month off afer Miami this year to rehab the same sore knee. When asked about how she feels, Venus is always cautious to say she is feeling good at the moment and hopes she stays healthy. Playing singles and doubles at Madrid, the French Open, and now Wimbledon has aught up to her.

Fortunately, Venus had the middle Sunday off, so she has time to rest and get some treatment. Since she has already played her 3rd round doubles match, she just has to get past Groth tomorrow and won't play doubles again until probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

THIS IS WIMBLEDON and Venus looks forward to playing on the lawns of the All England Club every year. Even if she has to hop on 1 leg, she will do her very best to compete and win. I can take that to the bank.

I will ask her about her knee when I see her the book signing in New York after Wimbledon.

I know she's been having problems with her knee... But I was hoping she wouldn't be bothered by her knee at Wimbledon this year :P I really hope it is nothing really serious and she keeps on winning matches, hopefully, she will hold the singles trophy after 6 days ;)

Fabunny
Jun 27th, 2010, 11:01 PM
I know she's been having problems with her knee... But I was hoping she wouldn't be bothered by her knee at Wimbldon this year :P I really hope it is nothing really serious and she keeps on winning matches, hopefully, she will hold the singles trophy after 6 days ;)

From your lips to God's ears ;)

дalex
Jun 27th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Venus should do just fine unless she meets Jankovic who, well... practically owns her on grass. But Jelena will not reach semis so yeah...

Nico_E
Jun 27th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Venus would never let that happen, she's not... Justine Henin.or Rafael Nadal

now there is the master of my knee hurts excuse maker, he is doing it already in this tournament

Stamp Paid
Jun 27th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Interesting development.

Ferg
Jun 27th, 2010, 11:16 PM
or Rafael Nadal

now there is the master of my knee hurts excuse maker, he is doing it already in this tournament

Well he has to keep his fans up to date with the next excuse for when he loses.

VishaalMaria
Jun 27th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Interesting development.

I blame you! Yet another one of your Hex's

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-image-hosting-15/5214Moscou07_sharapova_azarenka_medium.gif

Tennisstar86
Jun 27th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Did any of you think that because she fell she woke up sore the next day and decided to strap up to stay safe when she practiced today..... I dont think it means anything until you see her limping around on court.

Alot of times people wake up with aches and pains... especially athletes and old injuries...

^ :haha: at that Sharapova watchin you gif.

ICHUSE2
Jun 27th, 2010, 11:37 PM
I blame you! Yet another one of your Hex's

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-image-hosting-15/5214Moscou07_sharapova_azarenka_medium.gif

Funny:lol:

ICHUSE2
Jun 27th, 2010, 11:43 PM
I wouldn't speculate about a subject as serious as this. NBC broadcasted Venus during their noon to 3PM coverage and showed her walking to practice today with her bandaged left knee.

I watched the same footage... It wasn't that much tape... just a small amount on the left knee...but it was taped...:help:

Fabunny
Jun 27th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Did any of you think that because she fell she woke up sore the next day and decided to strap up to stay safe when she practiced today..... I dont think it means anything until you see her limping around on court.

Alot of times people wake up with aches and pains... especially athletes and old injuries...

^ :haha: at that Sharapova watchin you gif.

This was not her first fall at Wimbledon this year. She will not be limping. The best you will get is an occasional grimace and she will not move or get to ball that she usually gets to in her sleep.

Venus has a lot of fight left in her and she will bring nothing less to the court.

it-girl
Jun 27th, 2010, 11:59 PM
When I saw her fall her knee was my first concern. Venus has ongoing knee issues that can flare up at anytime and falling on the knee is the worst thing that could have happened to her. Last year at the US Open she fell also. I wish there was something that could be done about all of these slips and falls at Wimbledon. So many of the players are falling or trying not to fall at some point, it is ridiculous. That is the only thing that I hate about Wimbledon. With that being said I really do hope it will not get any worse and will allow her to contiue to have a successful and victorious tournament. I am going to keep the faith.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Well she played extremely well last year (except the final) with the knee taped so no need to be alarmed until we see how she's moving in the next match.

LightWarrior
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:40 AM
When did she fall ?

Tennisstar86
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:44 AM
When did she fall ?

On her last service game serving for the match. 30-15... She stood up and hit a service winner after it. :shrug:

Steadyniacki
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:55 AM
It doesnt sound too serious. It's still going to take a massive effort to beat vee on grass.

vwfan
Jun 28th, 2010, 01:34 AM
:sad:

ZODIAC
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:28 AM
She Will Be Fine...she Is A WARRIOR

edificio
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:32 AM
The umpire even asked if she was okay.

The battle of Venus' wounded knee. Well, better make it to the final, Venus!

lizchris
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:44 AM
Venus will be OK. She has never lost in the 4th round at Wimbledon and she has had worse injuries.

friendsita
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Safina, well is Safina lololololol

nooooooooooooooooooo! hope she's ok

lizchris
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:52 AM
Venus should do just fine unless she meets Jankovic who, well... practically owns her on grass. But Jelena will not reach semis so yeah...
Jankovic, unlike Venus has never gotten past the 4th round at Wimbledon (and I don't expect her to do so this year). Should she get past the 4th round, she has either Justine or Kim waiting to play her and I can guarantee you, she won't get past either.

Inger67
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:24 AM
:sad:

SymphonyX
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:14 AM
I hope Venus is okay. Get well soon (by soon, hopefully immediately)! If her knees are injured, I can't even imagine her facing Kim or Justine. Especially Justine. Venus has sure-footed firepower. If her knees can't hold, it's going to be nasty. Also, Justine occasionally hits balls really low and Venus may have to bend due to her height, and that's bad for her knees.

Go Venus!

GreenEvgeny
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:50 AM
no.............

ZODIAC
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:21 AM
I dont think its that bad,she probably feels a tad sore thats all.I dont think this will affect her play...

Serenus Christ
Jun 28th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Did she not just play doubles after?

Fabunny
Jun 28th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Did she not just play doubles after?

The bandage appeared the next day, Sunday.

Serena's Hubby
Jun 28th, 2010, 07:53 AM

Im sorry but this has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I have heard in life...Jankovic owns venus on GRASS...really?...any wta player that OWNS venus period...really tho...SMH :o

she beat her 1 time,where venus made 50 errors..? she plays a defensively...do u really think if venus is playing well she'll win again...sike...:lol:

tennnisfannn
Jun 28th, 2010, 08:16 AM
The bandage appeared the next day, Sunday.
There was o tennis yesterday, did you go see her @ prctie or what.

дalex
Jun 28th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Im sorry but this has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I have heard in life...Jankovic owns venus on GRASS...really?...any wta player that OWNS venus period...really tho...SMH :o

she beat her 1 time,where venus made 50 errors..? she plays a defensively...do u really think if venus is playing well she'll win again...sike...:lol:

Don't be sorry, it's meant to be ridiculous. :lol:

Oh, and Venus almost always makes around 50 errors when she has to play 3 tough sets against an in form opponent. She makes as many winners too, you know.

Mikey.
Jun 28th, 2010, 08:59 AM

lmao

Borishynikov
Jun 28th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Most players have ongoing knee issues to some degree - preventative taping is hardly cause for desperation. It's almost easier these days to count the players not wearing knee strapping/taping than the ones that are....

ZODIAC
Jun 28th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Roger has strapping...I dont think its as bad as last year,she will manage whatever well.
I have no fear about Venus chances at this event...

Serenus Christ
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:03 PM
boo you whores.

zxcVbnm88
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:13 PM

Marion prevented it from happening herself:lol:

govera
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Maybe she has been on her knees too much lately.

matty
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:17 PM

ouch

Ferg
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Goddammit Kworb.

Tennisstar86
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:22 PM
venus wasnt taped today...

friendsita
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Marion lost lol

jefrilibra
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:41 PM

Marion lost lol

:spit: :rolls:

mdterp01
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:41 PM

EPIC FAIL!!!!!!

Kworb
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Good to have an excuse ready for when Marion Tsvetana crushes her.

:lick:

Direwolf
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:44 PM
no wonder why Venus wasnt going down on her shots!!

its those knees!!!

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:45 PM
:lick:

you are something else :lol:

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:47 PM
No Venus just lost man...no excuses...she did not play well today...I don't think Venus hit her stride at all this year at Wimbledon......Ya'll know im a HUGE williams fan, but I'm not jumping on he bandwagon with this excuse...Venus just didnt play well...point blank.