PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon Middle Monday: Best Day In Tennis or Unfair for SEWTA

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:20 PM
the commentator say that the middle Monday of Wimbledon is the best day in tennis because the last 16 men and the last 16 women will all play their match ... so yes it is exciting that the draws will go from 16 to 8 in one day because at AO, RG and USO this takes 2 two days

but when I look at the schedule, I think this is really unfair for SEWTA and for fans of SEWTA at Wimbledon ... at noon Venus, Marion, JaJa and NaNa will all start their matches and then at 13.00 JuJu and Mama start their match ... so probably 5 of the 8 matches at the same time and then the other matches are all scheduled as 2nd match on court and will also be going on at same time

so a SEWTA fan won't be able to enjoy all the matches ... will just have to switch from match to match :shrug:

Sylvester
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Henin vs Clijsters really should have been in the centre court. With the roof now, there was space for 4 matches per day.

mckyle.
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Middle Monday??

iGOAT
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:25 PM
I know I agree.

It should be the best day but the stupid organizers just care about getting the women's matches finished so you can't enjoy more than two or three. To see any of the others you have to constantly be switching.

Thanx4nothin
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Will the ladies quarters be on the tuesday then? All of them?

Meelis
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:31 PM

yes

VS Fan
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Play on SUNDAY for God's sake. This would fix this problem. The only time they play the middle Sunday is when rain has disrupted the schedule drasticly. Since they got the roof is seems to never rain there?? Whats going on???

pierce85
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:32 PM

yep

goldenlox
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I accept that I have to watch online. Then I'll pick a match and watch the scoreboard, maybe switch to a closer match if I'm interested in it.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Middle Monday :hearts:

cant wait for the 3rd Monday

iGOAT
Jun 27th, 2010, 07:04 PM
All the quarterfinals are on Tuesday :bolt: but that means there are two on CC and to on C1 right :scratch:?

Ballbasher
Jun 27th, 2010, 07:06 PM
It must be, because I think there are just 2 men QFs on, I might be mistaken though!

cellophane
Jun 27th, 2010, 07:09 PM
It sucks :(

NaNa / Jaja / Venus all at the same time? :(

cellophane
Jun 27th, 2010, 07:12 PM
The US Open and Australian Open have the best women's schedules. At least we get to see all the women's quarters, 2 one day, 2 the next.

Wimbledon :weirdo:

BTW, Middle Monday = :haha:

Gdsimmons
Jun 27th, 2010, 07:13 PM
So Tuesday will be all 4 ladies Quarters right?? No Mens singles going on that day?

edificio
Jun 27th, 2010, 07:24 PM
It could be a great day for tennis if all the great matches weren't scheduled against each other. In fact, Wimbledon Monday sucks. I've never felt it was great the way the sports commentators and Wimbledon shills have put forth. I wish they would play on Sunday.

Apparently, also, it is anathema to the all-England club to play a card of all women's matches in Centre Court. If they did that, it would be a great and best day of tennis for me.

mykarma
Jun 27th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Henin vs Clijsters really should have been in the centre court. With the roof now, there was space for 4 matches per day.
Why? Can't be because of rankings or past wins at Wimbledon? you know they're not going to move Fed.

debby
Jun 27th, 2010, 07:33 PM
LMAO Middle Monday. :sobbing:

Fuck Middle Sunday, fuck Wimbledon's fucking traditions, I won't watch Herpes and Sharpie getting destroyed tomorrow because of that fucking summer job. Oh.

What I don't understand is why they didn't even put Hewitt-Djokovic on CC and why they don't schedule another R16 wta on CC. At RG, at least, it was fairer : 2 ATP, 2 WTA on each big court.

Wiggly
Jun 27th, 2010, 07:35 PM
It's a geart day but everything happens in the same time so you can't even follow half of it.

I prefer the US Open with the semis and the final.

ICHUSE2
Jun 27th, 2010, 07:48 PM
I like it but I can probably watch most at the same time on ESPN 3 Multi-Screen or Direct TV Wimbledon Mix...I have To check.

AdeyC
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Its good if you're a spectator because you can go to outside courts and see these matches that would be Centre or No 1 otherwise.

M.P
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:19 PM
this is super dumb!!!!i just want to watch couple of matches but nwo they all the same time :help: :tape: i only can watch 1 on the internet

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Its good if you're a spectator because you can go to outside courts and see these matches that would be Centre or No 1 otherwise.

yes but after you watch the match all the other matches are already over and you can only watch ATP or doubles for the rest of the day :tape:

Mynarco
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:31 PM
This is bad scheduling :o but seriously what should we expect from the organizers?

John.
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:32 PM
It's been like this for years nad the reason all the WS matches are scheduled earlier in the day is because they have to play their QF's the next day.

Direwolf
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:35 PM
good for Venus knees i guess

Dave.
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:36 PM
The US Open and Australian Open have the best women's schedules. At least we get to see all the women's quarters, 2 one day, 2 the next.

Wimbledon :weirdo:

BTW, Middle Monday = :haha:

Not for this English SEWTA fan. The AO have all their SEWTA QF's and SF's in the day and only have ATPWT matches for their night sessions. :mad:

Jorn
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Because th QFs are all on Tuesday, they want to play as early as possible tomorrow, so nobody plays a 8pm womens match.

LightWarrior
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:45 PM
SEWTA...are you working for Sony Ericsson ? It's not even WTA (the proper name), it's just "women's". GS events are run by the ITF, not the WTA for God'sakes.

debby
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:47 PM
SEWTA...are you working for Sony Ericsson ? It's not even WTA (the proper name), it's just "women's". GS events are run by the ITF, not the WTA for God'sakes.

Even Kim Clijsters uses SEWTA if I am not mistaken.

Jem
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I love having all the fourth-round matches in one day at Wimbledon. Don't think that's no more unfair to the WTA than the ATP. What is unfair is how few WTA matches make it onto Centre Court and Court 1 during the tournament -- almost always just one a day. Can't believe the WTA, after grumbling about the prize money, has not taken the All England club to task for shoddy treatment of their game. Even on Tuesday, traditionally called Ladies Day, they usually just put one women's match on the two show courts. In the older days, they used to alternate much better -- two men's matches on Centre court and one womens and two women's on court 1 and one on centre; and vice versa on other days. The women have gotten short schrift since then.

edificio
Jun 27th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Even Kim Clijsters uses SEWTA if I am not mistaken.

But Sony-Ericsson is not the name sponsor anymore. Therefore, no need to call it SEWTA, which was dumb anyway.