PDA

View Full Version : Nike Contracts

Rome
Jun 27th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Who has them? We know that Sharapova has sign a Contract with them worth 70million. Who else has a big contract with them?

volta
Jun 27th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Roger ?
Rafa ?
Serena ?

:confused:

Jajaloo
Jun 27th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka
Roger Federer
Juan Martín del Potro
Rafael Nadal
Marion Bartoli :confused:
Daniela Hantuchová
Li Na
Lucie Šafářová
Petra Kvitová

sammy01
Jun 27th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka
Roger Federer
Juan Martín del Potro
Rafael Nadal
Marion Bartoli :confused:
Daniela Hantuchová
Li Na
Lucie Šafářová
Petra Kvitová

bartoli doesn't she just wears their clothes, dani is with adidas now.

azmad_88
Jun 27th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Ive noticed lesser and lesser players are with Nike nowadays. Perhaps , they feel they have the top 4 guns and should be enough.

I noticed a new brand the one that vera zvonareva is wearing. many male players has them too. what is it called?

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 27th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Ive noticed lesser and lesser players are with Nike nowadays. Perhaps , they feel they have the top 4 guns and should be enough.

I noticed a new brand the one that vera zvonareva is wearing. many male players has them too. what is it called?

Do you mean K-Swiss? If so, Alona is also wearing them. I really like their outfits.

lilimi
Jun 27th, 2010, 12:32 PM
yes it's kswiss :)i like it too.
i've read Maria has signed 70 millions for 8 years and Serena has a deal of 45 millions, but i don't know for how long.

Caralenko
Jun 27th, 2010, 12:33 PM
K-Swiss has been around for quite a while :lol:

racketspeed
Jun 27th, 2010, 12:51 PM
i've read Maria has signed 70 millions for 8 years and Serena has a deal of 45 millions, but i don't know for how long.

marias contract is for longer than that im sure, serena signed her nike contract in 2004 for 5 years (around 50 mil) then resigned for an undisclosed amount 2009???

Rome
Jun 27th, 2010, 01:11 PM
marias contract is for longer than that im sure, serena signed her nike contract in 2004 for 5 years (around 50 mil) then resigned for an undisclosed amount 2009???

So you think Serena took less or is getting paid peanuts ?

Rome
Jun 27th, 2010, 01:11 PM

Anyone know the terms of the contract ?

Esther
Jun 27th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Sydney, Jan 13: Ahead of the Australian Open, the world's largest athletic-shoemaker Nike has sealed a 70 million dollar deal with Russian tennis champ Maria Sharapova.

Nike, which has worked with the Russian for over 11 years now, has extended the contract by eight years, reports The Sydney Morning Herald.

A source with information on deal revealed that the deal, which takes effect in Jan 2010, includes a line of dresses designed by the 22-year-old Wimbledon champion.

Sharapova will also get a percentage of sales, the source added.

According to a report in Sports Illustrated, the former top ranked players earns an estimated 22 million dollars a year through prize money and endorsement.

The endorsement deals include those with big brands such as Tiffany & Co, Sony Ericsson and Canon.

bandabou
Jun 27th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Serena's deal expired...but what's the term of her new deal, if any?

Rome
Jun 27th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Serena's deal expired...but what's the term of her new deal, if any?

It must be way lower than what she got in 2010. Because you can't find it anywhere.

bandabou
Jun 27th, 2010, 01:45 PM
I guess so...ah well. Nothing lasts forever..time for the younger generation to shine. No problemos. I just hope they aren't doing the Reebok-routine with Vee. In that she ain't getting nothing from Nike.

Rome
Jun 27th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I guess so...ah well. Nothing lasts forever..time for the younger generation to shine. No problemos. I just hope they aren't doing the Reebok-routine with Vee. In that she ain't getting nothing from Nike.

Don't think thats the case

bandabou
Jun 27th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Don't think thats the case

Becaue she still has waayyy too much pull/ popularity to be dismissed like that.

Rome
Jun 27th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Becaue she still has waayyy too much pull/ popularity to be dismissed like that.

I think it has more do with winning i guess but i guess that not important to nike because they sign someone who is or was slumping. When they sign Serena in 2003 She was clearly the best hands down.

bandabou
Jun 27th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I think it has more do with winning i guess but i guess that not important to nike because they sign someone who is or was slumping. When they sign Serena in 2003 She was clearly the best hands down.

Yep...but she's having a second wind..so it's good.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 27th, 2010, 03:14 PM
I think the actual paid (with that I mean more than a little) roaster is something like

Roger (GOAT)
Rafa (the Antagonist)
Delpo (young blood)

Serena (No.1)
Maria (Glamour girl)
Vika (young blood)
Li Na (Asian sensation)

Other players like Safarova probably get little money and Bartoli famously buys her own stuff.:shrug:

When I looked up players wearing Nike, I was surprised to find out how few there are. Most players nowadays wear Lacoste & K-Swiss, it seems.

it-girl
Jun 27th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Serena more than likely has a really lucrative contract with Nike, if she did not she would not be with them. People would pay thru the nose to have a legend and goat player like her to sport their brand. Not only because of who she is but because her style of clothing sale more than any of Maria's designs and that is a huge money maker for them. We have all seen her different dresses on the club level scenes if you play tennis. I can truly say that I have never scene anyone wearing a Maria style and I am surprised by that fact. I have seen people of all races wearing Serena's though.

I think that now that she is more mature it is not that important for these things to be known because Serena does not need to be hyped up thru advertisment, she is who she is and everyone knows that. It may also have something to do when she plans to retire and she may not want that disclosed yet. If you noticed Serna nor Venus disclose what they make now days. Only Maria & Ana are doing that.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 27th, 2010, 03:47 PM

I doubt it's like the Venus/Reebok deal as Nike still have a Serena line and are making her new dresses for every grandslam.

Venus didn't get a new dress for herself after Wimbledon 2004.

At the US Open 2004, she wore the same dress as Vaidisova. Then at the Australian 2005, she wore the outfit she was supposed to wear at the US Open in 2003.

She did get a new top I believe in 2007 (French Open I believe) but that was it.

Rome
Jun 27th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Serena more than likely has a really lucrative contract with Nike, if she did not she would not be with them. People would pay thru the nose to have a legend and goat player like her to sport their brand. Not only because of who she is but because her style of clothing sale more than any of Maria's designs and that is a huge money maker for them. We have all seen her different dresses on the club level scenes if you play tennis. I can truly say that I have never scene anyone wearing a Maria style and I am surprised by that fact. I have seen people of all races wearing Serena's though.

I think that now that she is more mature it is not that important for these things to be known because Serena does not need to be hyped up thru advertisment, she is who she is and everyone knows that. It may also have something to do when she plans to retire and she may not want that disclosed yet. If you noticed Serna nor Venus disclose what they make now days. Only Maria & Ana are doing that.

Why not disclose it unless you have something to hide or don't want people to know like getting paid less? It lets people know where she stands with Nike and how much they think she is worth. And the retirement thing She could well play into her late 30's. I also know players like Roger,Agassi just to name a few.

Rome
Jun 27th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Yep...but she's having a second wind..so it's good.

She has won a slam every year since 2007

Serenus Christ
Jun 27th, 2010, 04:18 PM

this.

and to add about dresses on the tournament scene, the amount of girls wearing that ana ivanovic blue 2008 dress is outrageous, I bet adidas were licking their lips with that deal..

Gdsimmons
Jun 27th, 2010, 04:44 PM

So very true

50Sense
Jun 27th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I read that Nike signed Serena and Roger to lifetime contracts within the last few years.

or was that Wilson? :lol:

bandabou
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:07 PM
She has won a slam every year since 2007

This....respect!

bandabou
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:17 PM
I doubt it's like the Venus/Reebok deal as Nike still have a Serena line and are making her new dresses for every grandslam.

Venus didn't get a new dress for herself after Wimbledon 2004.

At the US Open 2004, she wore the same dress as Vaidisova. Then at the Australian 2005, she wore the outfit she was supposed to wear at the US Open in 2003.

She did get a new top I believe in 2007 (French Open I believe) but that was it.

Mannn....Vee sure got it rough back then. ouch!

Donny
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:21 PM
If Nike had any business sense at all, Maria's 70 million is not all guaranteed. More than likely a huge sum is conditional, to be awarded based on her results at large tournaments, rankings, etc.- and of course, whether she plays at all.

rockstar
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:26 PM

if i'm not wrong they are a few young players with nike? i think their strategy is to start out with young players and drop them after a while unless they turn out like sharapova or azarenka. i mean, if you look back almost every player has been with nike at one point or another early in their careers :shrug:

Rome
Jun 27th, 2010, 06:07 PM
I read that Nike signed Serena and Roger to lifetime contracts within the last few years.

or was that Wilson? :lol:

Where did you read this? I know Roger signed a 13 million dollar a year contract with nike not sure if Serena got one.

Rome
Jun 27th, 2010, 06:10 PM
If Nike had any business sense at all, Maria's 70 million is not all guaranteed. More than likely a huge sum is conditional, to be awarded based on her results at large tournaments, rankings, etc.- and of course, whether she plays at all.

This i think most of them have a condition on there contracts winning more nets you more money.

VS Fan
Jun 27th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Before Nike contracted with Serena, their clothes for tennis were cookie cutter designs that ALL of their players wore. I remember Lindsay Davenport in a match with a much lower ranked player wearing the SAME dress that she was. Also ALL the other Nike players in that Tourney (Roland Garros) were wearing the SAME dress. When Nike was recruiting Serena, I thought this would NEVER happen unless Serena got exclusive dresses to wear, which she did. I think that Serena would walk off the court before playing another player wearing the same dress. Nike now seems to grant exclusive designs to their top ranked players, thanks to Serena!

dreamgoddess099
Jun 27th, 2010, 07:03 PM

You're right about that, that's not the main image she wants to project. Serena takes herself seriously as a champion, she'd much rather have people respect her as a super great tennis player then sell herself short and just be popular for popularity sake. Serena's popularity comes mostly from how good she is, her personality, and the fact that she really really loves being that good. That kind of pride in a female athlete is very rare and very shocking to people, but it's what makes her so unique. She's got so many combos of great qualities and assets it's sick.

Wiggly
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Before Nike contracted with Serena, their clothes for tennis were cookie cutter designs that ALL of their players wore. I remember Lindsay Davenport in a match with a much lower ranked player wearing the SAME dress that she was. Also ALL the other Nike players in that Tourney (Roland Garros) were wearing the SAME dress. When Nike was recruiting Serena, I thought this would NEVER happen unless Serena got exclusive dresses to wear, which she did. I think that Serena would walk off the court before playing another player wearing the same dress. Nike now seems to grant exclusive designs to their top ranked players, thanks to Serena!

Serena and Maria always wore different outfits.
The Nike clones were all wearing the same outfits and then you had Hantuchova who had in own collection for a while before she was dropped.

Nike is clearling focusing on getting all the top players while others brands such as adidas or Lacoste are willing to sponsor anyone who plays tennis really. :lol:

Sammo
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:39 PM
bartoli doesn't she just wears their clothes, dani is with adidas now.

You sure? :confused:

sammy01
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:44 PM

yep hence her thread bare visor, the tight cow lol

Jacey
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:52 PM

This is all true....just because you get a $70 million deal doesn't mean you get all that money. There are conditions....That's why the best and smartest thing for Maria and her camp to have included in the contract was the % in sales that Maria would recieve. Win or lose she is still making money.

As I'm sure all players with endor deals are as well.

Serendy Willick
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Serena should be getting fucking paid. She is the real champ and has won the big tourneys.

KournikovaFan91
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Ever since Kournikova signed with K-Swiss everyone wants it :lol: She got a family deal for Korolev :lol:

Yeah Nike are kinda dissapearing I mean they have some big guns and thats it. Its not like Adidas who are always there and have a lot of players. Also Adidas seem to stick with players longer than Nike, they don't drop players as frequently.

I can't believe Bartoli hasn't a contract with anyone, even a lesser brand like Fila or Reebok someone like that.

Sammo
Jun 27th, 2010, 11:54 PM
What about Davenport? Does she still have a contract with Nike?

Rome
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:06 AM
What about Davenport? Does she still have a contract with Nike?

I would think not.

mckyle.
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:11 AM
I would think not.

A lot of the great retired players probably still have contracts. They probably aren't worth a lot, but they still have them.

LudwigDvorak
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Nike typically has the legends + top stars and then a bunch of randoms. Rarely anything in between.

They have Sampras, McEnroe, Nadal, Federer, Serena, Sharapova. They had Agassi, but Agassi split from Nike because Nike reportedly refused to do things for his charity, so he switched to Adidas who was willing to work with his organizations.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:27 AM
I'm sure Serena has the biggest contrast with Nike among the female players. She's the biggest female athlete on their roster, it wouldn't make sense or her not to have a lucrative deal.

rockstar
Jun 28th, 2010, 06:36 AM

haha yes, she tried to fake it for a while by buying all their latest outfits but after that she just gave up and has been wearing the same thing for a while now

Rome
Jun 28th, 2010, 09:07 AM
I'm sure Serena has the biggest contrast with Nike among the female players. She's the biggest female athlete on their roster, it wouldn't make sense or her not to have a lucrative deal.

I lol reading that part. But it means nothing.