PDA

View Full Version : Serena/Maria CC, Justine/Kim court 1

tennnisfannn
Jun 27th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Venus court 2, JJ all the way in 12. Wish I was a fly on the wall at that scheduling meeting, did they cave in to serena's comments about being shunted on thursday, or they felt kim and jusine haven't accomlished much on grass. Murrya has no business on CC for his match up against Querry

Caralenko
Jun 27th, 2010, 04:54 AM
WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS. :smash:

tennnisfannn
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Coz we are really really cross with the wta snub by the AETLC. Plus it the the middle sunday, what else are going to talk about.

Slutiana
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Or maybe because Serena and Maria are by far the bigger draws in the UK? :yawn: It's not even comparable.

But yes, change is needed. All this "tradition" is such BS. Especially now CC has a roof.

Serena y Monica
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:10 AM

My guesss is they want to discuss the scheduling...u don't? Skip the thread.:smash:

Caralenko
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:19 AM
My guesss is they want to discuss the scheduling...u don't? Skip the thread.:smash:

No shit Sherlock, there's already 5 threads about the scheduling :smash:

Sharapowerr
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Venus court 2, JJ all the way in 12. Wish I was a fly on the wall at that scheduling meeting, did they cave in to serena's comments about being shunted on thursday, or they felt kim and jusine haven't accomlished much on grass. Murrya has no business on CC for his match up against Querry

Maria and Serena are the glamour girls of th e WTA ,both won Wimbledon, Venus is playing a nobody, Kim and Justine haven t won Wimbledon

duhcity
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:35 AM

Did ANYONE honestly think Kim/Justine was going on Centre over Serena/Masha? 0 Wimbledon titles between the two vs. 4 Wimbledon Titles. And it's not like Kim and Justine were ever topping the attention rankings either.

The only shocking decision is putting that mixed doubles match with unknown Brits on Court 2. Even the Bryan Bros playing a british doubles pair would have been better

AcesHigh
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:38 AM
Did ANYONE honestly think Kim/Justine was going on Centre over Serena/Masha? 0 Wimbledon titles between the two vs. 4 Wimbledon Titles. And it's not like Kim and Justine were ever topping the attention rankings either.

The only shocking decision is putting that mixed doubles match with unknown Brits on Court 2. Even the Bryan Bros playing a british doubles pair would have been better

Justine and Kim should be the more competitive match though... personally I like all the matches on Court 1 more than the matches on CC.

CC has the bigger names though

Tennisstar86
Jun 27th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Scheduling actually makes sense... Too bad they dont do this with the Mens side. I think both the Serena/ Sharapova and the Justine/ Kim matches will be competitive as long as Sharapova doesnt freak out when Serena is serving out of her mind.

I agree, Murray should not be on center court..... I dont know why they keep him on CC just to lose. Maybe if they put him elsewhere and gave him less pressure he might have a shot.

tennnisfannn
Jun 27th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Both Justine/Kim and maria/serena deserve CC

AcesHigh
Jun 27th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Scheduling actually makes sense... Too bad they dont do this with the Mens side. I think both the Serena/ Sharapova and the Justine/ Kim matches will be competitive as long as Sharapova doesnt freak out when Serena is serving out of her mind.

I agree, Murray should not be on center court..... I dont know why they keep him on CC just to lose. Maybe if they put him elsewhere and gave him less pressure he might have a shot.

Murray is a top 4 player and he's British. I think he deserves CC, especially since it should be a good match.

And it doesn't matter if Sharapova freaks out or not.. she's not a great returner who is facing the greatest server of all time. Serena's better in every single aspect and it's not close. It should be a straight set never in doubt affair.

Polikarpov
Jun 27th, 2010, 06:14 AM

Because we're too retarded to check the schedule ourselves.:sobbing:

brent-o
Jun 27th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Sounds like fair scheduling to me. Serena-Maria, both Wimbledon champions. Justine-Kim, eh, not so much.

Tennisstar86
Jun 27th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Murray is a top 4 player and he's British. I think he deserves CC, especially since it should be a good match.

And it doesn't matter if Sharapova freaks out or not.. she's not a great returner who is facing the greatest server of all time. Serena's better in every single aspect and it's not close. It should be a straight set never in doubt affair.

when was the last time he wasnt on CC? He's a top 4 player...ok AND? What has he accomplished besides that? Venus, Serena, EVEN Federer this wimbledon, Nadal, etc have all hopped on to other courts. Its like the aussies when they throw their scrubs on the main courts..... This type of treatment doesnt occur at the US open....

anyways... thats my point about Serena/ Pova If pova freaks cause Serena's serving out of her mind (she wont get many looks to break) then she'll freak on her own serve double fault rush. It could end quickly.... but if she doesnt freak. It should still be competitive.

tim2502
Jun 27th, 2010, 07:00 AM
any problems?

Expat
Jun 27th, 2010, 07:12 AM
maria match will be over in 60 minutes max.
clijsters will at least play a match even if brain freezes happen. put it on center court

jamatthews
Jun 27th, 2010, 07:20 AM
when was the last time he wasnt on CC?

Round 1 :rolleyes: Good to see you bother to pay attention.

-Sonic-
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:26 AM

:worship: hahaha.

No matter what the schedule, some people will always moan on here. My guess is, come another GS, the reasons they are using to NOT have someone on the top court will be the reason a different player SHOULD be on the top court (e.g. "so what he's British?" turns into "But he/she is American, they should be on Ashe").

Bah.

narutos
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:44 AM

Absolutely wrong. First Sharapova is a great returner and you will see that when Serena will serve out of her mind and will try to not let Maria return.
But Serena is a great returner Sharapova is really underestimate in this board but I guess it's better this way hopefully she knows everyone count her out and then there should be a great fight between those 2.

cecilija
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Absolutely wrong. First Sharapova is a great returner and you will see that when Serena will serve out of her mind and will try to not let Maria return.
But Serena is a great returner Sharapova is really underestimate in this board but I guess it's better this way hopefully she knows everyone count her out and then there should be a great fight between those 2.

:lol:

Dawson.
Jun 27th, 2010, 12:51 PM

Too funny! :happy: