PDA

View Full Version : Tracy Austin - annoying commentator

scandic78
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:53 PM
Tracy, you are so annoying. It's not much what you say, cos you know you're stuff n all that, it's your voice and your tone.

Please let someone else take over, go have a drink or something :lol:

Joe.
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:53 PM
I love her. :awww:

poulao
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:57 PM
She is better than Wally Masur :lol:

tonybotz
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:00 PM
sorry, i love tracy. i think she's the cutest, and i love her giggle.

tonybotz
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:01 PM
tracy is passionate about the game. imagine the career she would have had if her back had held up.

The Witch-king
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:02 PM
a dying pig is better than him

$uricate
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:05 PM
I cant wait to hear her moan with pleasure once Maria takes to the court tomorrow.

She looooooovvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss her some Maria :weirdo:

Olórin
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:07 PM
I like Tracy.

John.
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:09 PM
I like Tracy. Mark Petchey on the other hand :fiery:

JamieOwen3
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:12 PM
she's a good commentator. :shrug:

Justin
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:14 PM
She's OK but it irritates the hell out of me when she says "unforced airs." You're a commentator, Tracy. Pronounce our works correctly, for God's sake. :mad:

fervor
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:17 PM
I really like Tracy, but I can understand the OP's objections.

AcesHigh
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:19 PM
I don't like her.. never did.
When she covered the US Open on USA network here in the states, she always used to explain the most basic things as if we didnt understand.

scandic78
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:22 PM
Commentators don't usually annoy me but I think AcesHigh has another point, it is as if she feels the need to describe everything that is going on no matter how obvious, hence why she probably talks a lot more than your average commentator, thus leading to her irritating me even more.

Fans of Tracy, sorry if I sounded harsh as I have total respect for her as a former player and all that.

toxina90
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:23 PM
I strongly disagree she's one of my faves and I like her tone of voice :p

JamieOwen3
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:29 PM
i find others a lot more irritating and nice game from laura ;)

DefyingGravity
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:30 PM
Tracy is tolerable when she has someone else who isn't going to talk to her in the booth. I heard her essentially by herself one match because a male, British commentator was just keeping very quiet.

Dunno why people are upset. She's better than a lot of the commentary teams that I've heard, especially when she's on BBC. USA...she kinda got out of control because she was with Ted Robinson and John McEnroe....who would just kinda trap her into running her mouth, because they would.

Keegan
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:44 PM
She won't shut up about Schiavone :sad: We get it! She won the French!

edificio
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:46 PM

She meets this very low standard, until your ears start bleeding from the nasal voice.

KimandJu
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:48 PM
Tracy is always very biased towards some players. She's never objective enough in my opinion. I haven't heard her yet at this year's Wimby. I get that she has her faves, but as a commentator you should at least be al little bit objective.

If she commentates on US television and heavily supports the US players: no problem at all! But on the BBC she shouldn't do that.

And yes... her voice and tone are very irritating I think.

dsanders06
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:58 PM
I quite like her generally... but I fail to see how anyone can have been alive for 45 years and not have learned how to pronounce "errors".

Aaric
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:58 PM
I love her. :awww:

Me too :lol: Her voice is :hearts:

tonybotz
Jun 21st, 2010, 06:23 PM
lets be honest. EVERY commentator is annoying at some point. there are days when i can't get enough of johnny mac and others where i want to throw a hammer at the television.

Libertango
Jun 21st, 2010, 06:25 PM
I really like her. She has a positive style, and really knows her stuff.

LoveFifteen
Jun 21st, 2010, 07:09 PM
You guys have to understand that the tennis commentators aren't for people with absolutely no life outside of WTA World dedicated fans of the game. The commentary is also geared towards people who are only going to watch the match for 20 minutes, and for people who don't watch tennis that often outside of a Slam. She can't just give commentary that appeals to 200 Tennis Forum zealots.

That being said, she's not my favorite commentator, but she's certainly not the worst, by a long stretch. Let's save our complaining for the truly atrocious commentators like Dick Enberg. :o

LightWarrior
Jun 21st, 2010, 07:10 PM
It's not much what you say, cos you know you're stuff n all that, it's your voice and your tone.

What are you talking about ? I love her sexy voice.

Serval
Jun 21st, 2010, 07:12 PM
I like her.

Optima
Jun 21st, 2010, 07:18 PM
I don't like her.. never did.
When she covered the US Open on USA network here in the states, she always used to explain the most basic things as if we didnt understand.

Thing is, most casual people who are just flipping the channels and stop to watch tennis don't. I would imagine there are more casual fans of tennis than there are "hardcore" fans that understand the game. I think she's pretty good.

Lindsayfan32
Jun 21st, 2010, 10:11 PM
I like Tracy he better than anything Australia can dish up. I would like to see her commentate a match with Lindsay Davenport.

pav
Jun 21st, 2010, 10:12 PM
She's OK but it irritates the hell out of me when she says "unforced airs." You're a commentator, Tracy. Pronounce our works correctly, for God's sake. :mad:
I was about to write the same thing, these "airs" get on my friggen wick!

ZODIAC
Jun 21st, 2010, 10:15 PM
she is deeply annoying...she kisses Maria s butt a lot

Andy.
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:51 PM
I like her

Leo_DFP
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:53 PM
Like all commentators, she has pros and cons.

She's better than most.

I'm kinda sad we never had a Carillo/Austin combo in the booth. That would be :lol:.

tennisbum79
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:56 PM
I cant wait to hear her moan with pleasure once Maria takes to the court tomorrow.

She looooooovvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss her some Maria :weirdo:
You got that right.

Thank God she won't be paired with Mary Carillo.
Becuase if that happen you can froget about what is going on on the court.
They would say things that seems in direct contradition with what is haeeping the ourt.

Hopefully we won't see both of them on American TV

tennisbum79
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:58 PM
Like all commentators, she has pros and cons.

She's better than most.

I'm kinda sad we never had a Carillo/Austin combo in the booth. That would be :lol:.
In a pre-emptive move, I just railed agianst that happenig on American TV:lol:

Vlover
Jun 22nd, 2010, 01:26 AM
Oh happy day when I didn't have to hear her commentary at the open.:bounce: If only the BBC would entice Carillo as well and give us Virginia Wade:tape:

Harvs
Jun 22nd, 2010, 01:27 AM
tracy is my favourite of them all!!!!!!!!! i think she is the BEST commentator.

just be glad you dont have to listen to nicole pratt, or even worse... todd woodbridge outside of australia, they are TERRIBLE.

gc-spurs
Jun 22nd, 2010, 01:34 AM
I enjoy her commentary and her voice.
Not to mention she creams herself at Sharapova's fighting spirit.

Svetlana)))
Jun 22nd, 2010, 02:54 AM
The worst thing is she doesn't even bother to hide her biasness towards Sharapova, it irks me.

serenafann
Jun 22nd, 2010, 03:00 AM
She is alot better than Carillo,but that's not saying much. :rolleyes: :lol:

Rome
Jun 22nd, 2010, 03:03 AM
Mary Carillo takes the crown as the most annoying/bias commentator in tennis.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 22nd, 2010, 03:06 AM
Tracy is actually one of the better commentators out there...

pav
Jun 22nd, 2010, 05:05 AM
Can't believe it is a completely Pommy tournament yet there are more yanks commentating (including jonny "Jokeavich"mac than there were the buggers at the alamo when they were in the process of stealing texas from the mexicans:fiery:

Infiniti2001
Jun 22nd, 2010, 05:46 AM
The worst thing is she doesn't even bother to hide her biasness towards Sharapova, it irks me.

I actually find it funny :lol: Tonight I watched the 2005 semi Vee/Maria again--- and I so enjoyed it when she got really quiet by Vee's play. She had practically handed Maria the title before this match :lol:

tennisboi
Jun 22nd, 2010, 05:52 AM
Excellent commentator and always gives great analysis, i've met her she's quite nice too :)

Slutiana
Jun 22nd, 2010, 06:27 AM
She's horrible.

On the plus side, Lindsay has been commentating for BBC and I heard her for the first time this week. She was very good. :worship:

tennisbum79
Jun 22nd, 2010, 07:32 AM
Oh happy day when I didn't have to hear her commentary at the open.:bounce: If only the BBC would entice Carillo as well and give us Virginia Wade:tape:
I wish BBC could offer a muti-year contact (with exclusive employment clause) to Tracy and Mary, so they may stay off American TV during the GS.

tennisboi
Jun 22nd, 2010, 09:24 AM
anyone have any idea why Pam Shriver doesn't commentate for the BBC anymore?

Dementinator
Jun 22nd, 2010, 10:41 AM
I watched the Anna / Shahar Match on BBCi and there was NO commentary, just the sound of the match, it was utter bliss..

i dont even know why we cannot simply just switch the commentators off totally.

Yes Tracey Ausin is an annoying shrivelled little shrew with a voice like a strimmer.

ivanban
Jun 22nd, 2010, 11:07 AM
I watched the Anna / Shahar Match on BBCi and there was NO commentary, just the sound of the match, it was utter bliss..

i dont even know why we cannot simply just switch the commentators off totally.

Yes Tracey Ausin is an annoying shrivelled little shrew with a voice like a strimmer.

That would be so wonderful :tears:

serenus_2k8
Jun 22nd, 2010, 11:32 AM
:haha:

Im sorry but Im sick of these American commentators being hired by the British networks. The men are fine if there is a British man along side them, but stick two of them together and its :o and the women...dont even get me started on Tracy and co. I hate hearing the wishy-washy ponderings of this airhead.

Midnight_Robber
Jun 22nd, 2010, 12:04 PM
I find her voice simply horrid to listen to - but at least she actually demonstrates an interest in tennis and the match, which is more than I can say for many of the U.S. commentators.

She's not my favourite, but I've heard worse.

Agree about how nice it can be just to hear a match, the sound of the ball being struck and even the grunting, without the inane babble, reiterated personal histories ('Did you know that Ana Ivanovic once had to practice in a swimming pool?') for the umpteenth time, or personal bias for (or against) particular players.