PDA

View Full Version : Caroline Wozniacki: "I don't care"

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:47 AM
In Eastbourne Caroline Wozniacki lost in the first round. She had only a single match on grass before the “off” at Wimbledon. Worrying thought several - Wozniacki herself is tired of the many pundits.

-I will be never good enough. If I lose the final it is bad, if I win a tournament people look at who I've beaten. People talk too much, it never stops, "said Wozniacki to tv2.dk.

In the first round of Wimbledon Wozniacki meets Italian Tathiana Garbin.

Looking inwards

Although the results in recent seasons usually have been good for the 19-year-old Dane, and since summer 2008 she has won seven titles on the WTA Tour, there has frequently been criticism her play , coaches and tournament planning.

"I do not care what all sorts of people think. There was a time when I read what all the wise said. But now I've learned to focus on myself and I feel fine, "said Wozniacki to tv2.dk a few days before it starts at Wimbledon in London.

The Dane is currently ranked number three in the world. The hitherto high point came when she reached the finals in 2009 by Grand Slam tournament U.S. Open.

Few high points
The seven WTA titles have all come in minor tournaments, where most players start as tournament winners. And according Wozniacki, the next goal then is also markedly higher.

-There is a huge difference between playing WTA tournaments and Grand Slam. At the Grand Slam there are 128 players, and all try to peak here. You have to play your best to win - and I will of course do everything I can so that it’s me, "said Wozniacki to tv2.dk.

Either Caro indeed has been reading GM (since the criticisms or her game, schedule etc.) or contrary to her apologists there are many outside TF who share the same opinions. I'd probably say the latter.

But either way it looks like we're not going to see any changes in her approach to anything. ;)

sandv1
Jun 21st, 2010, 06:22 AM
Good for her. I think we are living in what I take to be the starting point for when more traditional serve and volley is being fused with power game tactics. That's not a trend yet really, but I think it will be. (At least, I hope it will be! :unsure: ) Obviously, Caro will have to mind her game more anyway, but neither she nor the other new gals have apparently felt compelled to vary their respective styles too much yet.

We can all argue back and forth about how much the new gals comprise "Generation P(usher)", but I think they will have to sharpen up within the next few years.

fridayeggs
Jun 21st, 2010, 06:27 AM
Well she is dumb with her scheduling. She plays too many torunaments and will soon burnout like Jankovic did. Too bad she listens to her daddy all the time and doesn't think for herself.

narutos
Jun 21st, 2010, 06:29 AM
Actually we dont care about what she has to say.

poulao
Jun 21st, 2010, 06:30 AM
Well she is dumb with her scheduling. She plays too many torunaments and will soon burnout like Jankovic did. Too bad she listens to her daddy all the time and doesn't think for herself.

If she was on a WS or belgina's shedule, you would call it arrogance :)

Cakeisgood
Jun 21st, 2010, 06:53 AM
She needs to play less and find a game more suited to longevity.
If she keeps at this rate, Caro will tumble down the rankings by next year.

Steven.
Jun 21st, 2010, 07:01 AM
dude people just love to judge, especially on this forum.. i've never seen anything like it. They love to bitch about everything, probably because bandwagoning on the internet is cool or they just don't have enough to do in their own lives to observe every aspect of someone's career or even life. Get a grip. The more successful people shouldn't care. Good for her for not caring.

Tennisstar86
Jun 21st, 2010, 07:17 AM
dude people just love to judge, especially on this forum.. i've never seen anything like it. They love to bitch about everything, probably because bandwagoning on the internet is cool or they just don't have enough to do in their own lives to observe every aspect of someone's career or even life. Get a grip. The more successful people shouldn't care. Good for her for not caring.

Its dumb for her to "not care". She needs to start listening.... She will burn out. Look at Jankovic.... or Dokic... They all eventually burn out. Its not blind hate towards her. The fact is she plays too much. And eventually her ranking is going to free fall because of it when she burns out. Then the haters will come out of the wood work saying she cant play, which she can, but she will have burned out by then....

lynxy
Jun 21st, 2010, 07:17 AM
Garbin has never done anything on grass. She won't need to talk her way out of that one...

madmax
Jun 21st, 2010, 07:19 AM
And we don't care about her and her sleep - inducing game:yawn:

Steven.
Jun 21st, 2010, 07:22 AM
Its dumb for her to "not care". She needs to start listening.... She will burn out. Look at Jankovic.... or Dokic... They all eventually burn out. Its not blind hate towards her. The fact is she plays too much. And eventually her ranking is going to free fall because of it when she burns out. Then the haters will come out of the wood work saying she cant play, which she can, but she will have burned out by then....

I'm not saying not caring about advice is good, I'm saying not caring about people bandwagoning and trying to bulldoze the fuck out of her is a good thing. Tbh most of the "constructive criticism" given, for lack of better words, from fans probably spawns from their hatred for her and not like they care lol

And to be quite frank, if you don't like someone's game why do you bother watching? Tennis is great but why ruin it for yourself by forcing yourself to watch someone, who you clearly do not like, playing. People here would probably blame 'tv coverage' but lol do you not have anything better to do then?

But even though I do support her, I do agree she needs to cut down on how many tournament she enters.

дalex
Jun 21st, 2010, 07:41 AM
She plays too many torunaments and will soon burnout like Jankovic did.

Its dumb for her to "not care". She needs to start listening.... She will burn out. Look at Jankovic....

I'm confused, what happened to Jeca? She's not as consistent as before because she's at a stage of her career where her goals are changed - she's been #1, now she wants to try and win the biggest titles. She's never stopped being a top player though.

I really wish people would stop comparing Caro to Jelena in any way.

As for this quote, Caroline is right. She's trying her best and she's been successful so far. She's VERY young and there's still plenty of time for improvements in her game, goal changes, schedule changes... The schedule itself is not her biggest problem at the moment, it's her game that even at her best doesn't seem that great. We'll see how the things will go for her, but people are being way too critical, as usual.

poulao
Jun 21st, 2010, 07:55 AM
Some of you don't look at the whole picture, kind of. She did not plan to play so many matches, it was a side effect of her going deep in tournaments. This year she is 27 - 12 wich is not more than high average. ;)

Inger67
Jun 21st, 2010, 07:57 AM
When will everyone just leave her alone? Don't act like you guys aren't stubborn about certain things in your life, sometimes people need to just find out for themselves. And who knows maybe she won't burnout. Just because JJ did doesn't mean Caro will. And even so JJ is now back to #4 in the world, so how bad could it be? :rolleyes: But all of the Caro hate is just getting annoying frankly.

She is right; if she loses, she sucks. And if she wins, she either got lucky with a draw or she pushed her way to victory and doesn't 'deserve' it.

LudwigDvorak
Jun 21st, 2010, 08:08 AM
She is right; if she loses, she sucks. And if she wins, she either got lucky with a draw or she pushed her way to victory and doesn't 'deserve' it.

But in a way it is true? The list of players she hasn't beaten says it all, and she isn't winning the big titles.

Her game is lacking. She knows it deep down and she is feeling the pressure to still try to succeed.

thegreendestiny
Jun 21st, 2010, 08:11 AM
Awww, Caroline shouldn't be listening to the countless haters here who do nothing but spread animosity. :o

MaBaker
Jun 21st, 2010, 08:14 AM
When will everyone just leave her alone? Don't act like you guys aren't stubborn about certain things in your life, sometimes people need to just find out for themselves. And who knows maybe she won't burnout.Just because JJ did doesn't mean Caro will. And even so JJ is now back to #4 in the world, so how bad could it be? :rolleyes: But all of the Caro hate is just getting annoying frankly.

http://i48.tinypic.com/n8eox.jpg

Oh, and for Caro.. :vomit:

Inger67
Jun 21st, 2010, 08:21 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/n8eox.jpg

Oh, and for Caro.. :vomit:

Sorry I didn't realize the rankings had changed. I guess Caro had 470 points to defend from Eastbourne :tape:

SymphonyX
Jun 21st, 2010, 08:49 AM
We don't care either, Caro. We don't care about your yawn-worthy game. We may start to care if you've actually beat the elite of the elite. 80% or more win rate players. Namely the Williamses, Henin, Clijsters and Sharapova. You're 0-10 against them. At least one win will actually prove you're capable of beating them. But alas, no wins.

Jajaloo
Jun 21st, 2010, 08:56 AM
Good for her.
Why should she care what other people think?
She's #4 in the world.
All the haters are loving on her something shocking.

She should actually be flattered people are bored with nothing better to do, than put her down. Speak on it hatttteerrzzz))))).

Deck
Jun 21st, 2010, 09:00 AM
Caro:yeah:
don't give fuck at what the haters say

Vaidisova Ruled
Jun 21st, 2010, 09:17 AM
She is completly right ! :worship:

fridayeggs
Jun 21st, 2010, 09:20 AM
Wozniacki needs to get laid. I don't think she ever has had a bf. Daddy probably forbids her to do anything but play tennis and hang out with female tennis players.

fridayeggs
Jun 21st, 2010, 09:21 AM
Does she push when she boxes as well?

poulao
Jun 21st, 2010, 09:36 AM
I don't think that tennis would be interrestin, if everyone played the same way and had the same solutions. There are matches wich I find interesting fx. Arantxa Rus vs. KC. Chang. I like the way Arantxa 'slaps' the ball with her forhand and to Me KC. is a bit diferent than the average asian player. But are they going to be highly successful? Time will tell. Caro is the most successful of the young (1990) players. Caro's playing style is kind of countering the big hit style and that's what always (IMO) has made the best matches. Yes in matches, Caro usualy goes for 'the safe options' so the hitting continues for 20 more shots :lol:

:haha:

VIKA?
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:00 AM
We love you Caro:hug:

Matt01
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:04 AM
But in a way it is true?

No, it's not :rolleyes:

Some of you don't look at the whole picture, kind of. She did not plan to play so many matches, it was a side effect of her going deep in tournaments. This year she is 27 - 12 wich is not more than high average. ;)

She hasn't played that many matches this year because she lost early in quite a lot of tournaments. And often that was due to injury.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:05 AM
Its true that once you get near the top, there are so many opinions, and a lot of them are insulting. That's true with any player on this message board.

But she has to be happy being ranked 2-4 in the last few months. As a teen she reached a higher ranking than Dementieva or Petrova ever had. And a slam final.

Her game can still improve.

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:24 AM
Caro fans should be concerned by this article IMO, not hug and congratulate her for saying this.

Clearly by this article becoming aggressive (which every Tom Dick and Harry can see is what's keeping her from reaching the next level) is not on her agenda.

It seems like she's trying to send a 'fuck you' to her critics by not changing a thing, while really she'd be much better off listening to some of the criticisms, especially the ones about her passiveness and scheduling. :shrug:

Silly girl.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:31 AM
She should listen to people she knows who are involved in tennis.
Not the swirling mass of opinions on message boards.

poulao
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:32 AM
No, it's not :rolleyes:

She hasn't played that many matches this year because she lost early in quite a lot of tournaments. And often that was due to injury.

If you look at numbers for other players, you would agree, the players in the higher average, have played 13 tournaments. She has one title and 12 losses. Venus, Serena and some others have played less, but for a youngster to have they're kind of schedule, and hope to hold her ranking, would be arrogance. You know what comes after that, don't you?

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:32 AM
I really don't think she's reading the opinions of message boards, plenty of people that actually work in tennis have the same opinions.

Matt01
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:46 AM
If you look at numbers for other players, you would agree, the players in the higher average, have played 13 tournaments. She has one title and 12 losses. Venus, Serena and some others have played less, but for a youngster to have they're kind of schedule, and hope to hold her ranking, would be arrogance.

No, I don't agree. I don't even need to compare Caro's schedule with the WS, I compare it to the likes of Stosur, Dementieva or Radwanska. They have all played 10-11 tournaments this year. Caro OTOH, even though she was injured, has already played 13 :wavey:

Freakan
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:49 AM
The funny thing is that she really doe not give a crap about your opinion and so many posters waste their lives here bashing her and it's all for nothing (maybe apart from interacting with some other posters with no lives of their own) :lol:

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:51 AM
There are people bashing every top player. If you get to #2, you're going to get insulted in GM

Corswandt
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:53 AM

Like Navratilova?

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:55 AM
Like Navratilova?
And Golovin. :hehehe:

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2010, 12:04 PM
Like Navratilova?Yeah, Navratilova is one voice who knows the game. She's been around Cahill and all these guys with adidas.
I think her game improved a lot from a year ago. It should. She is still 19

poulao
Jun 21st, 2010, 12:17 PM
The funny thing is that she really doe not give a crap about your opinion and so many posters waste their lives here bashing her and it's all for nothing (maybe apart from interacting with some other posters with no lives of their own) :lol:

OMG :haha:

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 21st, 2010, 12:23 PM
Imo Caroline can attack a lot of balls and can make a really good match with every opponent she wants,I remember her match Against Serena in Sydney and she was playing such an offensive game plan and had match-points before falling eventually:)All I hate about Caroline is that she all the times chooses to be defensive when she can attack and Not run around all day:angel:!!Thats why she got the reputation of Being a Pusher:angel:But its her choice anyway!!I would prefer for her to play agresive cause I know she can:devil:

Joana
Jun 21st, 2010, 12:25 PM
Only god can be our jurge,Carol,so relaxxxxx ))))

serenus_2k8
Jun 21st, 2010, 01:11 PM
Im in two minds about this. Firstly, if thats what she wants to do good for her for standing by it.

But, why doesnt she just get on with it rather than trying to convince the media that she is happy. Seems strange that she felt the need to bother if she really didnt care which suggests to me it bothers her more than she is letting on.

Jajaloo
Jun 21st, 2010, 02:52 PM
Caro fans should be concerned by this article IMO, not hug and congratulate her for saying this.

Clearly by this article becoming aggressive (which every Tom Dick and Harry can see is what's keeping her from reaching the next level) is not on her agenda.

It seems like she's trying to send a 'fuck you' to her critics by not changing a thing, while really she'd be much better off listening to some of the criticisms, especially the ones about her passiveness and scheduling. :shrug:

Silly girl.

Oh dear :haha:

Corswandt
Jun 21st, 2010, 03:12 PM
I think her game improved a lot from a year ago.

It hasn't.

poulao
Jun 21st, 2010, 03:22 PM

Silly girl.

Caroline is IMO absolutly right in all this. She didn't say 'fuck you' to anybody, nor did she mean to do so. What she said was, 'I'm never going to be good enough anyway', there is always something wrong with her, when the objective truth is, that she is highly successful.

LudwigDvorak
Jun 21st, 2010, 03:29 PM
Caroline is IMO absolutly right in all this. She didn't say 'fuck you' to anybody, nor did she mean to do so. What she said was, 'I'm never going to be good enough anyway', there is always something wrong with her, when the objective truth is, that she is highly successful.

Her biggest title is Eastbourne. Is she really highly successful?

She isn't beating the big players and she feels the need to comment. Bottom line, she is feeling the pressure. Most of the great great players were at their prime around 20.

Corswandt
Jun 21st, 2010, 03:31 PM
Her biggest title is Eastbourne. Is she really highly successful?

She isn't beating the big players and she feels the need to comment. Bottom line, she is feeling the pressure. Most of the great great players were at their prime around 20.

Sunshine's actual successes would warrant about 10% of the hype she still gets.

edificio
Jun 21st, 2010, 03:37 PM
She definitely should avoid reading sites like this one and all so-called sports journalism. However, it would be a good idea to be honest about the demerits of playing too many tournaments and too many matches. I don't like to see her getting bitter so early. Where's the sunshine?

poulao
Jun 21st, 2010, 03:43 PM
She definitely should avoid reading sites like this one and all so-called sports journalism. However, it would be a good idea to be honest about the demerits of playing too many tournaments and too many matches. I don't like to see her getting bitter so early. Where's the sunshine?

Absolutly agree, she is an happy 19 years old female tennisplayer and the most successful at it in her age group. She has a team around her that takes care of all sorts of tings for her and she trusts her own team. There is no need to fix what's not broken.

Break My Rapture
Jun 21st, 2010, 03:43 PM
So true.

Matt01
Jun 21st, 2010, 03:48 PM

It also warrants only about 10% of the hate she gets on this forum :p

sammy01
Jun 21st, 2010, 03:50 PM

quoted for truth.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2010, 03:53 PM
I dont see where she gets this unusual hype. Any player who is seeded 3 at 2 straight majors is doing a lot right.

Matt01
Jun 21st, 2010, 03:55 PM
quoted for truth.

I disagree with my friend Sammy :bigcry:

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 21st, 2010, 03:55 PM
Ivanovic was the top-seed at Wimbledon and US Open in 2008. That didn't mean she was doing anything right at that moment.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2010, 03:58 PM
But Ana had done a lot right to get that seeding. She didnt maintain that level.
If Wozniacki doesnt win matches like Ana, she will drop too.

sammy01
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:00 PM
But Ana had done a lot right to get that seeding. She didnt maintain that level.
If Wozniacki doesnt win matches like Ana, she will drop too.

no because she has PVB win, charleston semi's ect ect proping up her ranking.

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:00 PM
She's already going down the rankings ans wasting weak ass draws which didn't happen to her in the past.

LudwigDvorak
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:03 PM
Wozniacki has little to gain from Eastbourne to the end of the year relative to what she can actually achieve.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:04 PM
She had an injury that cost her a few weeks during clay. Going from 3 to 4 is not that big a drop.
She will have to win a lot of matches on hardcourt to stay top 5

Matt01
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:08 PM
She had an injury that cost her a few weeks during clay. Going from 3 to 4 is not that big a drop.

Oh, you're talking....for some people here that is already a reason for her to retire ;)

GreenGrass
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:09 PM
No one cares about haters on this forum :lol:

Caro :dance:

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:10 PM
Just for you, Goldie - Woz was No.2.

narutos
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:11 PM
Oh, you're talking....for some people here that is already a reason for her to retire ;)

I won't go there but she can leave the top 5. She has nothing to do in there.

narutos
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:13 PM
Just for you, Goldie - Woz was No.2.

:lol: even her fans don't care about her ranking it doesn't mean anything :lol:

Umberella
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:20 PM
She is playing her best, and she's had success. People might think her game isn't as good as a top ranked players should be, or that its not entertaining to watch or whatever else, but seriously... its not like she's done anything wrong. If the haters were in her shoes, would they lose on purpose? Or would they change up their playing style to something which doesn't work to their strengths? I don't understand what people expect of her... She's playing her best and achieving results. Good on her :)

rockstar
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:32 PM
hope she doesnt let this criticisms get to her

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:41 PM
She is playing her best, and she's had success. People might think her game isn't as good as a top ranked players should be, or that its not entertaining to watch or whatever else, but seriously... its not like she's done anything wrong. If the haters were in her shoes, would they lose on purpose? Or would they change up their playing style to something which doesn't work to their strengths? I don't understand what people expect of her...

To find the other job?

Ryan
Jun 22nd, 2010, 12:07 AM
:drool: The hate in here.

Burisleif
Jun 22nd, 2010, 12:31 AM
To find the other job?

Sad forum troll was already taken by you, so that left tennis.

How is Anna's game coming on btw?

Burisleif
Jun 22nd, 2010, 12:35 AM
And we don't care about her and her sleep - inducing game:yawn:

Leave Masha Alone...

matty
Jun 22nd, 2010, 12:35 AM
Oh, she'll change her game if she ends up falling in the rankings, but why change her game when it's been working for her so far.

I doubt she heard the "pusher" thing from TF--I mean, with the commentators, sportswriters and former pros calling her one--she doesn't need to.

Slutati
Jun 22nd, 2010, 12:36 AM
Obviously her game is UGLY, but she's got a fantastic attitude. You go, girl! :bowdown:

jesusito
Jun 22nd, 2010, 01:01 AM
no doubt, caro is the new arantxa, the spanish player was very criticized too by the same reasons, but she was a number one.

Donny
Jun 22nd, 2010, 01:12 AM
No one cares about haters on this forum :lol:

Caro :dance:

Either she's referring to posters on message boards, in which case she obviously does care, or there's people in the real world who've expressed the same opinions.

Troof.

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 22nd, 2010, 01:18 AM
Either she's referring to posters on message boards, in which case she obviously does care, or there's people in the real world who've expressed the same opinions.

Troof.
There are lots of tennis journalists and others who've expressed the same opinions as the 'haters' on TF. Even as early as the French Open when Golovin commented on her game. I think I touched on that in the OP. Caro's apologists often claim that TF is the only place where Caro's game is heavily criticized.

Burisleif
Jun 22nd, 2010, 03:13 AM
There are lots of tennis journalists and others who've expressed the same opinions as the 'haters' on TF. Even as early as the French Open when Golovin commented on her game. I think I touched on that in the OP. Caro's apologists often claim that TF is the only place where Caro's game is heavily criticized.

lots, others, opinions, haters, Golovin?

There are lots of people who think that Holland is a town in Sweden... Should she listen to them to?

The real question... Its pretty obvious your not a fan of her... And yet you keep posting vitriol and scraping the barrel for any excuse to post derogatory remarks about her...

Why?

Ego? Fun? Playground popularity?

She, we, cares less for the endless rumblings of her little hate squad here, then for the two bit hack ex tennis player that she is really referring too.

People will say anything for attention, cash, fame.

Positive or negative, the only opinions about her game that matter are her own, and her coaches.

I'm sorry but that you actually think she sits around and reads what you have to say is delusional.

Time for the little hate posse to take a break perhaps?

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 22nd, 2010, 03:19 AM

There are lots of people who think that Holland is a town in Sweden... Should she listen to them to?

The real question... Its pretty obvious your not a fan of her... And yet you keep posting vitriol and scraping the barrel for any excuse to post derogatory remarks about her...

Why?

She, we, cares less for the endless rumblings of her little hate squad here, then for the two bit hack ex tennis player that she is really referring too.

Positive or negative, the only opinions about her game that matter are her own, and her coaches.

I'm sorry but that you actually think she sits around and reads what you have to say is delusional.

Well if her coaches are telling her to whore everything and get injured all the time and are telling her that her game is going to magically become effective against top players and that she doesn't need to change a thing then she needs new coaches because they're holding her back.

Plenty of tennis experts, Danish and otherwise are criticizing Caro the same way (and it's not just Golovin, you very well know this) TF is so no I don't believe Caro reads what I have to say in particular, nor have I ever said that. :p

Burisleif
Jun 22nd, 2010, 03:41 AM
Well if her coaches are telling her to whore everything and get injured all the time and are telling her that her game is going to magically become effective against top players and that she doesn't need to change a thing then she needs new coaches because they're holding her back.

Listen, I might be acceptable in your little clique insinuate pimping and prostitution, but not in mine or any descent society. I trust your aware of libel legislation?

So just when exactly were you privy to her coaches thoughts, there meetings etc.? Where dose this inside knowledge of who, why, and how, her schedule planing is done come from?

What exactly do you know about any of the above, and where exactly do you fit into the above?

Nothing and nowhere right? so yet more useless opinion, except your not a fan so its... yes vitriol and vendetta.

Plenty of tennis experts, Danish and otherwise are criticizing Caro the same way (and it's not just Golovin, you very well know this)

I don't care... Every day is a nail in the coffin of good journalism as far as I'm concerned. I watch her play, I make my own opinion and I'm secure enough in my self to keep it to myself unless asked directly. I certainly don't obsess about her based on the ramblings of the rejected, the tabloids, or any other fame seeking motor mouth. Good bad, qualified or other, its Just opinion.

TF is so no I don't believe Caro reads what I have to say in particular, nor have I ever said that. :p

You did Just that in your opening post.

Back to the real question...

Why?

What exactly is it to you? You don't care for Caro so why bother? What makes FlameOn tick? How can we help you?

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 22nd, 2010, 03:43 AM
Listen, I might be acceptable in your little clique insinuate pimping and prostitution, but not in mine or any descent society. I trust your aware of libel legislation?

So just when exactly were you privy to her coaches thoughts, there meetings etc.? Where dose this inside knowledge of who, why, and how, her schedule planing is done come from?

What exactly do you know about any of the above, and where exactly do you fit into the above?

Nothing and nowhere right? so yet more useless opinion, except your not a fan so its... yes vitriol and vendetta.

I don't care... Every day is a nail in the coffin of good journalism as far as I'm concerned. I watch her play, I make my own opinion and I'm secure enough in my self to keep it to myself unless asked directly. I certainly don't obsess about her based on the ramblings of the rejected, the tabloids, or any other fame seeking motor mouth. Good bad, qualified or other, its Just opinion.

Why?

What exactly is it to you? You don't care for Caro so why bother? What makes FlameOn tick? How can we help you?
I have no personal agenda against Caro, she seems like a lovely girl. But this is a tennis forum and I'm allowed to have opinions about players' tennis styles. :shrug:

madlove
Jun 22nd, 2010, 03:51 AM
i don't care either caro.

Burisleif
Jun 22nd, 2010, 03:51 AM
I have no personal agenda against Caro, she seems like a lovely girl. But this is a tennis forum and I'm allowed to have opinions about players' tennis styles. :shrug:

You call what your contributing re Caro opinion...? calling her a prostitute not an agenda? Vitriol is a new service stroke i missed?

She, is a person... she is 19, a kid...

Why?

Tennis style my...

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 22nd, 2010, 03:54 AM
You call what your contributing re Caro opinion...? calling her a prostitute not an agenda? Vitriol is a new service stroke i missed?

Why?

Tennis style my...
:lol: I challenge you to find a single post where I called Caro a prostitute. :help:

Burisleif
Jun 22nd, 2010, 04:06 AM
:lol: I challenge you to find a single post where I called Caro a prostitute. :help:

Well if her coaches are telling her to whore everything and get injured all the time

I get it, Its all about you, angst transferral, pick on the soft target, raise your self esteem?

Sadly not even able to recall what it writes in its own posts...

Do I win? are we off on a little holiday now? perhaps we can terrorise one of the Tellitubies on Tellituby world?

I would Love a moderator to explain exactly why we have to put up with posters like you. pointless dull and boring in the extreme, with not a drop of justification or reason to there endless vitriol and pointless character defamation.

I fear for human kind...

goldenlox
Jun 22nd, 2010, 04:09 AM
He's just an idiot who is desperate for attention. To start this thread and keep bumping it with his dumbass insults.

Yonexforever
Jun 22nd, 2010, 04:11 AM
I suspect the WTA is asking her to play more, and she is because she is 19 and hungry and getting consistent results at the reg tourns.

Burisleif
Jun 22nd, 2010, 04:24 AM
Her own take is (wise or not), that she would rather play than train... But I think your correct that the WTA probably puts demands on her time too. Its hard to know what exact circumstances are, but that's an issue for her and her coaches.

The point of this thread is the expansion of delusion that she, we, or any sane person actually has, had or will care what the OP thinks.

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 22nd, 2010, 04:25 AM
I get it, Its all about you, angst transferral, pick on the soft target, raise your self esteem?

Do I win? are we off on a little holiday now? perhaps we can terrorise one of the Tellitubies on Tellituby world?

I would Love a moderator to explain exactly why we have to put up with posters like you. pointless dull and boring in the extreme, with not a drop of justification or reason to there endless vitriol and pointless character defamation.

I fear for human kind...
OMG. :rolls:

Tournament whoring, duh.

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 22nd, 2010, 04:32 AM
He's just an idiot who is desperate for attention. To start this thread and keep bumping it with his dumbass insults.
Tennis EXPERTS are saying the same things TF are. I guess they're dumbass insults as well. :rolls:

TennisFan66
Jun 22nd, 2010, 07:20 AM

:lol: The OP springs to mind. @Slutiana, iPatty, Corswandt, MaBaker: 'Could mention a few others, but won't .. :angel:

Corswandt
Jun 22nd, 2010, 10:41 AM

Why?

Why?

Why?

Tennis style my...

I fear for human kind...

Her own take is (wise or not), that she would rather play than train... But I think your correct that the WTA probably puts demands on her time too. Its hard to know what exact circumstances are, but that's an issue for her and her coaches.

The point of this thread is the expansion of delusion that she, we, or any sane person actually has, had or will care what the OP thinks.

This approach - climbing up into a marble pedestal, using big words and claiming outrage - has been attempted before [Mr. Allan]. You only succeed in coming across as smug, humourless and supercilious.

Qalahari
Jun 22nd, 2010, 10:52 AM
Well, I think, Caro hasn't made it to #3 without anything. She has a great talent, is a great tennis player (everybody who says a former #2 is not a great tennis player is a joke) and she even made it to a GS final.

I'm not a fan of hers... I probably won't ever be but I think her achievement doesn't deserve hate but respect. I would love to have her career instead of playing on my poor level!!! If there aren't enough players in the world who are better than her, she deserves to be #3 and if there are enough better players, why aren't they on #3???

I actually admire Caro, just as I admire everybody who can live on doing what pleases him/her most and live his/her dream!

Ryan
Jun 22nd, 2010, 11:55 AM
Tennis experts criticize every top player when they're not playing amazing tennis. You do have to have the attitude of shutting them out, or you'll have 50 opinions coming at you, and you cant listen to that many people.

I think of Serena when everyone was calling her fat and saying she couldn't win a Slam...then she pummeled Sharapova. It's not that they weren't right - Serena's in better shape now, and is in contention every tournament - but she shut them out, listened to her group of people, and did it in her own time.

Burisleif
Jun 22nd, 2010, 03:29 PM
This approach - climbing up into a marble pedestal, using big words and claiming outrage - has been attempted before [Mr. Allan]. You only succeed in coming across as smug, humourless and supercilious.

Darling, I thought this thread would be far to shabby for you to turn up. Latin Lessons finished early did they?
Haughty cardboard toff am I? Thread littered with comic prose is it?

Spiffing...

Where is alabaster my trusted steed, I have a tennis match to ride to, what.

Young 8
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Bump

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Well as usual her current game can't do shit against an in-form power-hitter. What else is new? :shrug:

She needs to listen to some of this advice and not just flip them off like she has been.

Mynarco
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Thanks petra for bitchslapping this lady once again.

Umberella
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Her game doesn't work against ALL players, but it does against most players. That is why she is world number 4 at the moment. Why should she change to something which isn't natural to her? She should play to her strengths... Of course she can't beat everyone, but if its got her to number 4, keep it up i say.

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Her game doesn't work against ALL players, but it does against most players. That is why she is world number 4 at the moment. Why should she change to something which isn't natural to her? She should play to her strengths... Of course she can't beat everyone, but if its got her to number 4, keep it up i say.
It beats everyone BUT most of the Top 10 which is who she needs to beat if she wants to win a title above MM level. :shrug:

Umberella
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:44 PM
It beats everyone BUT most of the Top 10 which is who she needs to beat if she wants to win a title above MM level. :shrug:

I love how you referred to Caro as "it" LOL :p

You are right about that, and it is a problem with her game. An in-form, powerful player will probably beat her. But against most other players, she usually wins, and rather consistently too. Its obviously an issue, but people are too hard on the poor girl. She's only 19, plenty of time to improve :)

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I love how you referred to Caro as "it" LOL :p

You are right about that, and it is a problem with her game. An in-form, powerful player will probably beat her. But against most other players, she usually wins, and rather consistently too. Its obviously an issue, but people are too hard on the poor girl. She's only 19, plenty of time to improve :)
By "It" I mean her game not her. :lol:

Umberella
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Ohhh not as amusing any more :p

The Witch-king
Jun 28th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Either Caro indeed has been reading GM (since the criticisms or her game, schedule etc.) or contrary to her apologists there are many outside TF who share the same opinions. I'd probably say the latter.

But either way it looks like we're not going to see any changes in her approach to anything. ;)

Even Lizzy Davenport was calling Caro a pusher

Corswandt
Jun 29th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Darling, I thought this thread would be far to shabby for you to turn up. Latin Lessons finished early did they?
Haughty cardboard toff am I? Thread littered with comic prose is it?

Spiffing...

Where is alabaster my trusted steed, I have a tennis match to ride to, what.

I figured you'd hide behind self-parody once someone called you on your BS.

Burisleif
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:31 PM
I figured you'd hide behind self-parody once someone called you on your BS.

Nothing 'self' about it at all, Just happy to feed your sententious ego. Eat up, enjoy the reflection.

rockstar
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:38 PM
i think her game plan is fine, it's obviously working. she just needs a plan b for when her opponents are playing out of their minds and killing everything she's returning ala kvitova.

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:40 PM
i think her game plan is fine, it's obviously working. she just needs a plan b for when her opponents are playing out of their minds and killing everything she's returning ala kvitova.
Her technique's not good enough for a Plan B.

sammy01
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:51 PM

it is almost impossible if you are a defensive player/counter puncher to have plan b of being ultra attacking

goldenlox
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Kvitova was just bashing balls near the line.
She won 10 straight games against Azarenka.
Pironkova just won 62 1st set from Venus. She has no WTA titles. Zero
Just because a player doesnt have a high ranking, they might still have a zone where they are tough.
Kvitova is in that zone now.

rockstar
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:56 PM
it is almost impossible if you are a defensive player/counter puncher to have plan b of being ultra attacking

and yet people are expecting her to make ultra aggressive her plan a? :weirdo:

goldenlox
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Caro is a big girl, and she could have tried to blast every serve, and hope to get control of some points. Instead she tried to work her way into the match but Kvitova hit too many flat low bouncing balls hard and with depth
It would have been difficult for anyone to beat her.

I think the way Venus is playing today, Kvitova would have won easily

madmax
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Caro is a big girl, and she could have tried to blast every serve, and hope to get control of some points. Instead she tried to work her way into the match but Kvitova hit too many flat low bouncing balls hard and with depth
It would have been difficult for anyone to beat her.

I think the way Venus is playing today, Kvitova would have won easily

you seem not to get the concept of matchups - Kvitova was allowed to hit those deep shots, because Sunshine's game invites big hitters to shine thanks to all midcourt puff balls she delivers. Let's see how Kvitova will be able to deal with another hard hitter in Kanepi and if she will be bossing arround Kaia the same way - I guess that ain't gonna happen

sammy01
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:11 PM
and yet people are expecting her to make ultra aggressive her plan a? :weirdo:

no i don't think anyone thinks caro should play like venus williams, but look at the likes of jj and kim as the type of tennis and mix she needs to be playing.

goldenlox
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I think its more about if Kvitova stays in this zone. She is playing much better than the 4 on court now
She beat Zie, Azarenka and Caro.
Serena has a big serve, so does Venus but the other players left dont

Coke Zero
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:21 PM
We all know Wozniacki's game as of now, but it bewilders me how she's to improve and develop a plan B.

She has no touch, and you can't teach that.
She's not agile enough to serve-and-volley effectively.
Her groundies aren't big enough to allow her to knock off a volley, and her net game sucks.
Her FH won't be able to become a weapon unless the technique is taken apart completely.

Her BH drive, mentality and probably court positioning are the only things I see going for her without a drastic change to her game. You can fight all you like, but if you're waiting for your opponent to lose instead of going out there and winning it yourself, you're never going to win a slam (or even a Tier I) ;)