PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite part of the calender?

Ferg
Jun 21st, 2010, 01:40 AM
Has to be the North American hardcourt summer swing for me.

RenaSlam.
Jun 21st, 2010, 01:42 AM
Has to be the North American hardcourt summer swing for me.

That's the best, I love the USO Series and all the depleted player fields throughout the summer :bounce:

I'll go with the U.S. Open part of the calendar - two weeks.

Alexj
Jun 21st, 2010, 01:43 AM
US Open Series :hearts:

dsanders06
Jun 21st, 2010, 01:46 AM
The Australian Swing without doubt. The new surface tends to produce the best tennis from all players (especially on the men's side), plus my enthusiasm is a lot higher because obviously there's been no tennis fix for so long.

I love IW/Miami too.

The Kaz
Jun 21st, 2010, 01:49 AM
You've missed the post-Australian/Indoor Europe/Middle East swing...or whatever it is nowadays (gee the calendar is a mess :o :sobbing:)

oh and the Post Wimby MM swing :lol:

Ferg
Jun 21st, 2010, 01:51 AM
You've missed the post-Australian/Indoor Europe/Middle East swing...or whatever it is nowaday (gee the calendar is a mess :o)

I didnt know how the hell to phrase that so I just skipped it :o :scared:

MH0861
Jun 21st, 2010, 01:57 AM
Used to be the European indoor season :mad:

Dave.
Jun 21st, 2010, 02:01 AM
6 weeks: RG, Grass events, Wimbledon. :hearts:

Spartan
Jun 21st, 2010, 02:32 AM
Used to be the European indoor season :mad:

That was my favourite part of the season too.

Luxembourg/Stuttgart/Moscow/Zurich/Linz was amazing :sad:

DefyingGravity
Jun 21st, 2010, 02:52 AM
This year...Indian Wells and Miami

Normally...clay season

zhengjie_lina
Jun 21st, 2010, 02:55 AM
North American Swing is just fantastic!!!
plus i like wimbledon too

Daniela-Is-Mine
Jun 21st, 2010, 02:57 AM
IW + what ever other weeks Daniela doesnt suck :shrug:

Reptilia
Jun 21st, 2010, 02:59 AM
IW and Miami is probably my favourite

Roookie
Jun 21st, 2010, 03:31 AM
Summer! :cool:

Wiggly
Jun 21st, 2010, 03:44 AM
From Wimbledon to the US Open.

duhcity
Jun 21st, 2010, 03:47 AM
New Haven and US Open, since I actually get to go

Natalicious
Jun 21st, 2010, 03:51 AM
from the first clay tournament to wimbledon, thats my favourite part :)

ArturoAce.
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:19 AM
I like the US Open series, apart from that, i also like RG through Wimby since I'm out of school. :D

danieln1
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:19 AM
For me the best is the Australian Open swing, I just love Sydney and Melbourne!!!

Mateo Mathieu
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:24 AM
Used to be the European indoor season :sobbing:

Now it's the US Open series.

friendsita
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:28 AM

ITA ;)

Williamsfan4ever
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:38 AM
I voted for the short grass season. However I really like the whole time from the beginning of the grass season to the end of the U.S. Open

Gdsimmons
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:15 AM
Its a tie between Miami and the Summer hard court season.

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:20 AM
Aussie Open swing.

ASB classic in Auckland to kick things off, and Aussie Open is my favourite slam.

Umberella
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:42 AM
The Australian part of the year, just because matches are shown on tv, its not at ridiculous hours over here, I can go watch the Medibank International (Sydney) live and it's summer so I'm off uni and actually have time to watch the tennis.

I also like the period we're in now, where there is French Open and Wimbledon straight after each other.

The 2nd Law
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:48 AM
The Australian swing because it's the summer season for Aussie fans. Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne (even Hopman Cup) are great events. AO is my favourite slam. This part of this season is what tennis is all about :) The AO has been the most exciting for me too. Serena in 07! Masha/Ana in 08! Serena/Henin this year! Novak 08! Roger vs. Surprise finalist back in 06/07 :lol: Every year there is an underdog story at the AO. Oh I forgot Dokic in 09!

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:50 AM
The Australian swing because it's the summer season for Aussie fans. Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne (even Hopman Cup) are great events. AO is my favourite slam. This part of this season is what tennis is all about :) The AO has been the most exciting for me too. Serena in 07! Masha/Ana in 08! Serena/Henin this year! Novak 08! Roger vs. Surprise finalist back in 06/07 :lol: Every year there is an underdog story at the AO. Oh I forgot Dokic in 09!
Also a surprise SFist in the men's side. Verdasco in '09, Cilic in '010.

The top players usually always bring it as well, on both women's and men's side. Also because the Aussie Open's the one with all the banners and signs and less 'formal' atmosphere I like it the most. :D

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:52 AM
For me Stuttgart and Fes right the way through to Portoroz and Bad Gastein, taking in the main clay season, the grass season and the post-grass miniclay season. Basically the main period the tour spends in Europe these days.

The 2nd Law
Jun 21st, 2010, 06:00 AM
Also a surprise SFist in the men's side. Verdasco in '09, Cilic in '010.

The top players usually always bring it as well, on both women's and men's side. Also because the Aussie Open's the one with all the banners and signs and less 'formal' atmosphere I like it the most. :D

Yeah I meant players having runs like that as well! What about Na and Zheng this year as well! And Vera Z last year! Everything about the AO is love :) The crowd are generally great (minus the serb/croat teens, most of whom have probably never even been to Serbia or Croatia :lol:), the weather is awesome (if you love the heat).

Curtos07
Jun 21st, 2010, 06:06 AM
I like the Australian swing and US hard courts swing. I hate the clay season.

Caralenko
Jun 21st, 2010, 06:12 AM
I fucking hate the American hardcourt season. One more blue/green tournament clone across the USA and I'll shoot myself. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't botch Tokyo/IW/Miami in that awful colour scheme as well.

I love the Auckland/Brisbane/Hobart/Sydney weeks, as well as the clay season the most.

Invisible Fan
Jun 21st, 2010, 06:21 AM
The Australian swing for me. I get to go to the Australian Open every year and watch Tennis on TV through all of January.

pokey camp
Jun 21st, 2010, 06:46 AM
Same. Wimbledon - the dead period + USO Series through to the USO.

Or really just the USO Series.

zxcVbnm88
Jun 21st, 2010, 06:47 AM
From Wimbledon to USO

jimbo mack
Jun 21st, 2010, 08:07 AM
It used to be the USO series, but I think it has been a let down the past few years so a now voting the grass season

the worst part of the season is no doubt the messed up fall (tokyo, beijing, moscow, YEC). really not loking forward to that this year. Much better when it was (tokyo, filderstadt, zurich, moscow, linz, phildaelphia then YEC at MSG)

Nikkiri
Jun 21st, 2010, 08:22 AM
Australian swing. Exited for tennis to be back.. I can go to Sydney and Melbourne sometimes.

Andy.
Jun 21st, 2010, 08:25 AM
I love Wimbledon and the American Hardcourt swing of the season. Tennis is at its best on grass and fast hardcourt. Not all that keen on the early part of the season except that part of it is in Australian. Hate the clay court season and hate that they got rid of the European indoor season.

claypova
Jun 21st, 2010, 08:40 AM
Aussie Hardcourt :bounce:

Poova
Jun 21st, 2010, 08:43 AM
For me, I like pretty much Brisbane to Wimbledon all the same. I would say a slight preference to the European stretch (clay and grass) due to time zones and things. The Australian events are fun, but the hours are not. :lol:

Then the season really goes downhill in the latter half, after Wimbledon. The North American hardcourt season is pretty blah, though it always has at least one highlight per year so it's not completely awful. The European indoor events used to be great as others said, but last year the Asian swing was a mess and I don't have any hope it'll be better this year. And then the YEC has just been terrible the last few years. :o

1jackson2001
Jun 21st, 2010, 08:45 AM
From Roland Garros through Wimbledon. :cool:

Jajaloo
Jun 21st, 2010, 08:54 AM
Stuttgart-Rome-Madrid-Roland Garros is my favourite, in terms of watching matches on TV and I find tennis is most exciting around that time.

But, the start of the year, Australian Summer, I actually get to go to the Australian Open, and theres tennis on TV all day and night for 2 weeks, which is awesome.

Princeza
Jun 21st, 2010, 10:51 AM
Australian and clay seasons.

allrounder
Jun 21st, 2010, 10:53 AM
From Stuttgart until Wimbledon when there's plenty of TV coverage right from the early rounds :)

VIKA?
Jun 21st, 2010, 10:54 AM
Aussie's tournaments:worship:

Rafito.
Jun 21st, 2010, 10:59 AM
Brisbane/Sydney/Australian Open

Julian.
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:00 AM
Australian Swing (Brisbane/Sydney/Melbourne) for obvious reason. :lol:

Koon
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:01 AM
Surprised that no one likes YEC , Bali :lol: :rolls:

The Asian part is the best tho :hearts:

klever58
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:07 AM
USO series... the best of all!

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 21st, 2010, 11:57 AM
I like the Australian swing and US hard courts swing. I hate the clay season.
Same here. The clay season is sooo long and boring. Clay and grass should be distributed more evenly IMO. :help:

Lulu.
Jun 21st, 2010, 12:06 PM
North American Swing.

Sammm
Jun 21st, 2010, 12:15 PM
Grass court season because that's when I see live tennis and good tv coverage.

I used to like the parts of the season when my old favourite player (Monica Seles) played and did well. So I generally liked the Hard court season in North America and disliked the indoor season.

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 21st, 2010, 12:24 PM
I really like the US open Series but I voted for the Clay swing tournaments cause I can watch them all on TV and not have to wake up late:bounce::bounce:

Rix643
Jun 21st, 2010, 01:29 PM
November and December. Time to get my sanity back.

Dawson.
Jun 21st, 2010, 01:54 PM
RG all the way through to the USO. Summer + tennis = :inlove:

But in terms of a particular 'swing', I'd go with the USO series.

Calypso
Jun 21st, 2010, 02:35 PM
From start of the clay season to end of grass court season, with the peak being my 2 favorite Slams - Roland Garros and Wimbledon.

Sammy Stones
Jun 21st, 2010, 02:59 PM
That was my favourite part of the season too.

Luxembourg/Stuttgart/Moscow/Zurich/Linz was amazing :sad:

that was a lot of fun to follow. eurosport used to broadcast everything. tennis for a solid month and a half! \m/ I don't like the asian swing.

I voted for IW, miami

tonybotz
Jun 21st, 2010, 03:03 PM
it USED to be the hardcourt summer swing, until that went to shit. now i'd have to say wimbledon, grass season only because the points are much shorter thereby truncating the misery we have to endure watching long error filled matches.

GreenGrass
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:14 PM
Wimbledon and North American Swing :)

crazillo
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:23 PM
My favourite part has been killed: the European indoor season...

Joe.
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:28 PM
Grasscourt season. I wish it was longer. :sad:

cellophane
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:29 PM
US Open summer hardcourt series BY FAR :worship:

Aaric
Jun 21st, 2010, 06:01 PM
From Madrid to Wimbledon imo

Sp!ffy
Aug 11th, 2010, 09:25 AM
I picked the US Open Series because I love the US Open and this is one of the few parts of the year where I can watch a tennis match at a normal time.

But this part of the year is slowly becoming less of my favorite because of the amount of coverage it has. It's sorta ridiculous. I can't believe I missed a Sharapova-Kuznetsova match and a Azarenka-Ivanovic match. :BITTER:

Tanja8
Aug 11th, 2010, 09:59 AM
US Open Series. Sounds strange since I`m from Europe ... but in this part of the year I`m not so busy and I like the schedule. (I don`t mind staying up late and I love sleeping in the morning)

The spring in Europe is a great part of the season. But it`s peak season for my work and I can only check live scores from time to time and read some comments about matches in the evening.

I like AO ... but the schedule drives me crazy. I can`t watch tv from 3a.m till noon ...

ChumChum
Aug 11th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Aussie Summer of Tennis esp. Hopman Cup :inlove:

SVK
Aug 11th, 2010, 10:00 AM
3 weeks after Wimbledon:drool:

EDIT: It is NOT in the pool!!!! Do you think that nobody like it???:weirdo:

StephenUK
Aug 11th, 2010, 10:07 AM
My favourite is the clay season then grass. For me that is the key part of the year. Clay because I love the type of tennis and historically my faves do best on the surface; grass because I can go and see the tournaments and watch Wimbledon on TV, plus it is the most beautiful surface. Usually by the end of Wimbledon, I am peeved because my faves have lost - 1998 and 2006 are rare exceptions to this rule!

Jajaloo
Aug 11th, 2010, 10:43 AM
EDIT: It is NOT in the pool!!!! Do you think that nobody like it???:weirdo:

I for one don't. It's very random. I think they should scrap it, and have 1 week off after wimbledon, before the USO series begins, and have an extra 2 weeks at the end of the year off.

hdfb
Aug 11th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Aussie here, so naturally I would choose it. Love going to Aus Open every year, aiming to go to every warmup tournament as well! Went to Hobart this year and cost me $1k. Was thinking of Brisbane at the end of this year, but looking at lineup of Hopman Cup, it's got me thinking! I'll probs go where Dokic goes. :)

Outside of the Aussie swing, I think my fave part of the season is the clay season. Love clay court tennis :inlove: Even if all my faves do shitastic there.

debby
Aug 11th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Roland-Garros until Wimbledon then US Open series come second. :)

pedropt
Aug 11th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Us Open Series. Even with the awful broadcast plan, and the sleep that I have to deal with at the night matches.

shega
Aug 11th, 2010, 02:01 PM
well has to be hard courts in North America because they play night matches, that's why I kind of go back to Miami as well.