PDA

View Full Version : Top Eight Clay Court Leaders Among Active Players

vwfan
Jun 20th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Clay court is much less clear, but still many of the usual suspects show up.

Clear frontrunner:
1. Justine Henin, Four-Time Roland Garros Champion, Career Win/Loss 85.53%

Second tier:
2. Svetlana Kuznetsova, Champion and RUP, Career Win/Loss 74.07%
3. Ana Ivanovic, Champion and RUP, Career Win/Loss 72.06%
4. Serena Williams, Champion, Career Win/Loss 74.78%
5. Dinara Safina, Two-time RUP, Career Win/Loss 74.48%

Must include a Champion and Two-time Finalist.
6. Kim Clijsters, Two-time RUP and Career Win/Loss 74.73%
7. Francesca Shiavone, Champion and Career Win/Loss 64.25% and barely in top 100

Perennial RG Underperformer
8. Venus Williams, RUP and Career Win/Loss 78.29% (second highest among active players)

Honorable Mention: Elena Dementieva, RUP and Career Win/Loss 67.91%

Sorry JJ fans, but your girl hasn't made it past the SF, but does have a 71.52% Career Win/Loss

toby345
Jun 20th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Maria has a W/L record of 76.6666 %, third best :rolls:

dsanders06
Jun 20th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I think this list is less good than your grass one. Safina is a clear #4 ahead of Serena imo, with Clijsters at #6, Venus at #7 and Jankovic at #8.

(Obviously, this is assuming we're not counting Capriati and Pierce as active.)

vwfan
Jun 20th, 2010, 09:37 PM
I think this list is less good than your grass one. Safina is a clear #4 ahead of Serena imo, with Clijsters at #6, Venus at #7 and Jankovic at #8.

(Obviously, this is assuming we're not counting Capriati and Pierce as active.)Agree, moving Clijsters up.

And I think Safina is probably a better clay court player than Serena, BUT she hasn't won RG and has a slightly lower overall career win/loss

bandabou
Jun 20th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Nice...now one for Oz open too? ;)

LudwigDvorak
Jun 20th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Can we have these W/L without MM inflation?

vwfan
Jun 20th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Nice...now one for Oz open too? ;)that's harder, because career win/loss doesn't distinguish between fast and hard courts.

I can:

1)do one for hardcourts and combine results at U.S. Open and Aus Open
2)do one for slow hardcourts and use Aus Open results and another for fast hardcourts and use U.S. Open results.

easier to do the latter though and the results will be different. For example, Maria will be in top four for oz but won't be in the top four for U.S. Open and fast hardcourts. Venus will barely be in top eight for Aus, but will be at the hunt for U.S. Open and fast hardcourts.

vwfan
Jun 20th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Can we have these W/L without MM inflation?talk to Sony Ericson, they only do career win/lost by surface. ;)

would get slightly different results if you did it by # of titles or if you look at number of top ten wins, but that's more work than I am prepared to do, but have at it.

bandabou
Jun 20th, 2010, 10:16 PM
that's harder, because career win/loss doesn't distinguish between fast and hard courts.

I can:

1)do one for hardcourts and combine results at U.S. Open and Aus Open
2)do one for slow hardcourts and use Aus Open results and another for fast hardcourts and use U.S. Open results.

easier to do the latter though and the results will be different. For example, Maria will be in top four for oz but won't be in the top four for U.S. Open and fast hardcourts. Venus will barely be in top eight for Aus, but will be at the hunt for U.S. Open and fast hardcourts.

Like that...but I was just playing you. Just for me to see Serena on top for once. :lol:

vwfan
Jun 20th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Like that...but I was just playing you. Just for me to see Serena on top for once. :lol:oh, ok.

she'll be at the top either way.
if I do combined, she has seven grandslams at combined Oz and U.S. Open
if I do U.S. Open, she is first with three
if I do Aus, she is first with four.

I'll do U.S. Open and hardcourts, since Venus will be second on that one and at the bottom for Aus Open.

V & S, and Kim and Justine are the only players who would make all the lists.

bandabou
Jun 20th, 2010, 10:24 PM
oh, ok.

she'll be at the top either way.
if I do combined, she has seven grandslams at combined Oz and U.S. Open
if I do U.S. Open, she is first with three
if I do Aus, she is first with four.

I'll do U.S. Open and hardcourts, since Venus will be second on that one and at the bottom for Aus Open.

V & S, and Kim and Justine are the only players who would make all the lists.

Nice! :woohoo: It's 8 combined oz/u.s. open's!

Chakvenus
Jun 20th, 2010, 10:53 PM
kind of off topic, but is it true that Patty Schnyder has the most clay-court wins of any active player?? (including Justine)

UDACHi
Jun 20th, 2010, 11:29 PM
dementieva behind schiavone... :scratch: