PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon 2010- The Crossroads?

Njay16
Jun 19th, 2010, 11:08 PM
As we know the lavish and lush green lawn courts of Wimbledon will be here in two days. Amongst the 128 gunning for glory, is our own Aleks. She has struggled greatly this year and has been streaky as of late. We see her have some solid match wins (I saw her match against Voskoboeva in Brisbane and she was hitting the ball so deep and clean) And even though she lost to Wozniacki in the 1R of Australia, she really played a great match. (Despite what the score may suggest). It looked as if she got some momentum rolling in the clay court season scoring back-to-back wins again on the green clay, but then fell flat on the red clay tune ups. She played well at the French, and lost a match against Dementieva that she easily could have won had she had some more self belief. Had she won that match she could have definitely beaten Scheepers in the 4R, we saw Petrova self destruct in the QF, and who knows what would have happened with Schiavone in the Semi's. She lost early in Birmingham and Eastbourne, and with her points off she will be taking a tumble down the ranks.

This brings us to Wimbledon. Can she restore herself amongst the emerging stars, and continue to improve? Or will she follow the likes or Vaidisova, Cornet, and Ivanovic just to name a few who have completely fallen down.

I'm hoping some of the fans who rarely post in here will give their two cents and help cheer her on in Wimbledon. She opens up against Danillidou, a former top 15 player who plays well on grass. She took out Henin in the 1R of Wimbledon in 2005 and is coming in with three wins under her belt. If she gets through that, Jankovic could be waiting in the 2R.

The time is now for Aleks to make her move, will she roll forward of fumble backwards?

dummydam
Jun 20th, 2010, 11:02 AM
This year Rafa Nadal gonna win the Wimbledon make no mistake about that, he is in sintilating form.....and Murray wwont survive till semi Final.......Wimbledon 2010 Live Stream (http://www.totalsportsmadness.com/2010/06/20/wimbledon-2010-live-streaming-online/)

steph1982
Jun 20th, 2010, 07:44 PM
As we know the lavish and lush green lawn courts of Wimbledon will be here in two days. Amongst the 128 gunning for glory, is our own Aleks. She has struggled greatly this year and has been streaky as of late. We see her have some solid match wins (I saw her match against Voskoboeva in Brisbane and she was hitting the ball so deep and clean) And even though she lost to Wozniacki in the 1R of Australia, she really played a great match. (Despite what the score may suggest). It looked as if she got some momentum rolling in the clay court season scoring back-to-back wins again on the green clay, but then fell flat on the red clay tune ups. She played well at the French, and lost a match against Dementieva that she easily could have won had she had some more self belief. Had she won that match she could have definitely beaten Scheepers in the 4R, we saw Petrova self destruct in the QF, and who knows what would have happened with Schiavone in the Semi's. She lost early in Birmingham and Eastbourne, and with her points off she will be taking a tumble down the ranks.

This brings us to Wimbledon. Can she restore herself amongst the emerging stars, and continue to improve? Or will she follow the likes or Vaidisova, Cornet, and Ivanovic just to name a few who have completely fallen down.

I'm hoping some of the fans who rarely post in here will give their two cents and help cheer her on in Wimbledon. She opens up against Danillidou, a former top 15 player who plays well on grass. She took out Henin in the 1R of Wimbledon in 2005 and is coming in with three wins under her belt. If she gets through that, Jankovic could be waiting in the 2R.

The time is now for Aleks to make her move, will she roll forward of fumble backwards?

Great post :yeah:
Good luck Aleks in singles and doubles :cheer:

Fretchap
Jun 21st, 2010, 03:50 AM
I wish her good luck. She has a terrible draw, but if she can beat Daniilidou, she would probably get back into top 50, so I hope she can pull through this match.

Michael.
Jun 22nd, 2010, 12:18 AM
:cheer:
Great win over Eleni.

HowardH
Jun 22nd, 2010, 02:48 AM
First decent win in a while. Even if Eleni has already had the main part of her career, she seemed to be finding some form again.

Pebbles
Jun 23rd, 2010, 07:25 PM
Alex playing well against JJ, 3-3 first set :)

steph1982
Jun 23rd, 2010, 09:25 PM
Great fight Aleks :yeah: It was so close :hug:

Michael.
Jun 23rd, 2010, 11:53 PM
Nice try Aleks. :hug: