PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon 1R: [16] Ma$ha Sharaopva v [LL] Bagel Girl Ana Pivovarova

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 19th, 2010, 08:00 PM
wow Ma$ha's draw just became so much easier ... originally she drew SEWTA #34 2009 USO QF Kat Bondarenko and now she gets a LL, and not only that, a LL that was double bageled in the last round of qualifying :spit:

Yuri must have pulled some strings w/ the SEWTA for this :lol:

Sp!ffy
Jun 19th, 2010, 08:01 PM
wow Ma$ha's draw just became so much easier ... originally she drew SEWTA #34 2009 USO QF Kat Bondarenko and now she gets a LL, and not only that, a LL that was double bageled in the last round of qualifying :spit:

Yuri must have pulled some strings w/ the SEWTA for this :lol:

Can Yuri somehow get serena out of Maria's way too? plz? :sad:

I'd love to see Sharapova 6-0 6-0

goldenlox
Jun 19th, 2010, 08:37 PM
This is not an easy draw. Just the 1st 2 rounds should be routine.
Then Hantuchova, then Serena. That is a tough road to the quarters.

AnDrEi.b
Jun 19th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Maria will destroy her

toby345
Jun 19th, 2010, 08:42 PM
That is the toughest road to the quarters.

Fixed. :angel:

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 19th, 2010, 08:45 PM
I'm just happy to see Maria play!!I can Imagine what Safina fans must feel right now after their favorite player Withdrew I'm happy To see My player on the court!!I Hope Maria double-Bagels her just to send a message to other players!!

Natash.
Jun 19th, 2010, 08:47 PM
:angel: Go Nastya.

Milito22
Jun 19th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Nastya :D

~MashyOwnThemAll
Jun 19th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I'm just happy to see Maria play!!I can Imagine what Safina fans must feel right now after their favorite player Withdrew I'm happy To see My player on the court!!I Hope Maria double-Bagels her just to send a message to other players!!

We deserve it. :angel:
Long breaks since 2007 in every year.. :crying2:

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 19th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Honestly can't believe anyone would vote for Nastya in this match. Nastya is a pretty girl and she has a good future too. But she is not playing at anything like the level that would be required to trouble Maria.

I have said numerous times that Maria is vunerable right now to most of the top 50 but she is very consistent against lower ranked players and those of Nastya's current level simply are not going to trouble her at all. In a couple of years Nastya could very well be a lot better than she is now but that is not relevant to this upcoming match.

Had Maria had to play Kataryna Bondarenko, providing Bondarenko was healthy that could have been a very difficult 1st round and one Sharapova might very well not have gotten through, so I can certainly understand people voting for Bondarenko in the previous poll but voting for Nastya in this poll is either silly or wildly biased.

Joe.
Jun 19th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Come on Maria, this should be easy. Please let Nastia get a game though.:sobbing: :p

Sp!ffy
Jun 19th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Honestly can't believe anyone would vote for Nastya in this match. Nastya is a pretty girl and she has a good future too. But she is not playing at anything like the level that would be required to trouble Maria.

I have said numerous times that Maria is vunerable right now to most of the top 50 but she is very consistent against lower ranked players and those of Nastya's current level simply are not going to trouble her at all. In a couple of years Nastya could very well be a lot better than she is now but that is not relevant to this upcoming match.

Had Maria had to play Kataryna Bondarenko, providing Bondarenko was healthy that could have been a very difficult 1st round and one Sharapova might very well not have gotten through, so I can certainly understand people voting for Bondarenko in the previous poll but voting for Nastya in this poll is either silly or wildly biased.

You're funny, you must be an expert. :lol::rolleyes:

Richie's
Jun 19th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I can imagine the number of threads here is Nastya Piv beat Masha!

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 19th, 2010, 09:32 PM
You're funny, you must be an expert. :lol::rolleyes:

Standing on the fence by suggesting a player may or may not win makes me an expert? No, I don't think so. But I do think sometimes it is possible to recognise that a match looks competitive enough that one cannot for certain be sure who is going to win it. I don't think that requires an expert, merely a little common sense. If you took a serious look at the record of both Sharapova and Bondarenko over the past 18 months you would have to be a fool to be sure of which of those two players would have ended up winning.

Monzanator
Jun 19th, 2010, 09:54 PM
I wonder if there will be a friendly hug at the end? :bounce: Nastya is one of the very few girls on tour that are on quite close terms with Maria :D

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 19th, 2010, 09:57 PM
I wonder if there will be a friendly hug at the end? :bounce: Nastya is one of the very few girls on tour that are on quite close terms with Maria :D

Hope so!!Can't wait to c what Maria is wearing in her match:angel:

Sp!ffy
Jun 19th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Standing on the fence by suggesting a player may or may not win makes me an expert? No, I don't think so. But I do think sometimes it is possible to recognise that a match looks competitive enough that one cannot for certain be sure who is going to win it. I don't think that requires an expert, merely a little common sense. If you took a serious look at the record of both Sharapova and Bondarenko over the past 18 months you would have to be a fool to be sure of which of those two players would have ended up winning.

Since when does looking at "records" determine anything in the WTA?

Sharapova last two losses were Li Na and Justine Henin...K. Bondarenko didnt stand a chance of defeating Maria.

Mynarco
Jun 19th, 2010, 10:00 PM
I would be surprised if Pivo gets a set

delicatecutter
Jun 19th, 2010, 10:01 PM
I hope to get to see some of this one, which we surely will if ESPN has any say in it. They're Maria's bigggest cheerleaders. Nastya is so pretty. :inlove:

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 19th, 2010, 10:02 PM

Sharapova last two losses were Li Na and Justine Henin...K. Bondarenko didnt stand a chance of defeating Maria.

Agree looking at the stats on WTA its Hilarious:lol:Henin won 4 of the last 5 meetings with Sharapova between 2005-06 and she beat maria three times in 2006 but when they meet in the US open final in that year Maria beat Henin in straights 6-4,6-4:worship::worship:

nevetssllim
Jun 19th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Maria 7-5 6-1 but I'm hoping Pivovarova can make a match of it because her performance vs. Daniilidou really doesn't reflect her potential.

Eduardo Oliveira
Jun 19th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Masha 6-0 6-1 :d

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 19th, 2010, 10:21 PM

You keep believing that if it makes you feel better.

Sp!ffy
Jun 19th, 2010, 10:36 PM
You keep believing that if it makes you feel better.

Yeah and you keep believing one of your favorite players will one day qualify for a MD match :lol:

Singleniacki
Jun 19th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Yeah and you keep believing one of your favorite players will one day qualify for a MD match :lol:

He keeps believing and look makarova gets a premier title :inlove:

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 19th, 2010, 10:43 PM

To who do you refer? Actually most of my favourites that had to enter qualifying for Wimbledon did infact successfully qualify. I was very pleased. :)

Secondly if you really what to add a bit of substance to your argument that "K. Bondarenko didnt stand a chance of defeating Maria." you might start by listing all the players Maria Sharapova has beaten this year who are as good a Kateryna Bondarenko. Or you might want to make the case for how much more successful Sharapova has been in Grand Slams than has K Bondarenko since Maria returned to the game from injury. Just a couple of suggestions to help you along. ;)

toby345
Jun 19th, 2010, 10:45 PM
To who do you refer? Actually most of my favourites that had to enter qualifying for Wimbledon did infact successfully qualify. I was very pleased. :)

Secondly if you really what to add a bit of substance to your argument that "K. Bondarenko didnt stand a chance of defeating Maria." you might start by listing all the players Maria Sharapova has beaten this year who are as good a Kateryna Bondarenko. Or you might want to make the case for how much more successful Sharapova has been in Grand Slams than has K Bondarenko since Maria returned to the game from injury. Just a couple of suggestions to help you along. ;)

Maria will not play Kateryna. So we will never know. Period.

Singleniacki
Jun 19th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Katernya in Marion's section now :)

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 19th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Maria will not play Kateryna. So we will never know. Period.

Indeed. But the difference between me and Sp!ffy is that I never claimed to know in the 1st place. ;)

iPatty
Jun 19th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Kateryna Bondarenko was never going to be a difficult match for Sharapova. What am I missing here Chris? :unsure:

Glad Pivo got into MD and gets to play a player she looks up to and names a close friend. Should be a cool experience for her and I am absolutely positive she will win at least one game.

Ellery
Jun 19th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Maria should win easily.

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 19th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Kateryna Bondarenko was never going to be a difficult match for Sharapova. What am I missing here Chris? :unsure:

Glad Pivo got into MD and gets to play a player she looks up to and names a close friend. Should be a cool experience for her and I am absolutely positive she will win at least one game.

I would say you are missing the fact that Bondarenko won her last 6 1st round Grand Slam matches and in three of those matches she beat top 20 players. And if you take a good look at Sharapova's record you don't actually she Sharapova beating anyone in Bondarenko's class this year. I am not saying Bondarenko would have won but she would have had as good a chance as Dulko or Kirilenko, certainly Bondarenko is on that level in terms of quality, indeed she is ranked higher than either, and has over the last year proven she is not afraid of taking out big names. I don't think considering the possibility of an upset in this match was farfetched at all.

In contrast, Sharapova against Pivovarova is an easy match for Maria.

delicatecutter
Jun 19th, 2010, 11:02 PM

Rude!

Shafanovic.
Jun 19th, 2010, 11:09 PM
:awww: Masha vs one of the Masha girls.

This is the second Masha girl she's had to play against this year :sad:
Hopefully there will be a kiss at the end. It would be so cute

young_gunner913
Jun 19th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Maria should be able to win pretty easily even though she's getting Eleni's scraps. I think Pivovarova will get at least a couple games against Maria though seeing as she had about 7 or 8 chances to win a game against Eleni but just had a unlucky day because Eleni was having a GOAT day.

égalité
Jun 19th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Ana is not a nickname for Anastasia :tears:

Has anyone ever been double bageled twice in the same tournament? This could be a historic occasion. :hearts:

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 19th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Maria should be able to win pretty easily even though she's getting Eleni's scraps. I think Pivovarova will get at least a couple games against Maria though seeing as she had about 7 or 8 chances to win a game against Eleni but just had a unlucky day because Eleni was having a GOAT day.

Sounds about right. 6-3 6-1. Something like that.

Slutiana
Jun 20th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Honestly, I was really impressed with the way Pivovarova's game translated to the grass when I saw her on tuesday. She may have had that horrible loss to Daniilidou but it could have just been a match-up problem and maybe she just has a huge inability to deal with slice? This is a new day, a new match up and Sharapova is a completely different player to Daniilidou so I think that Pivovarova could at least get a fistful of games.

M.P
Jun 20th, 2010, 04:24 AM
GO Pivovarova :p
i don't want her to lose first round :p

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 20th, 2010, 04:32 AM
GO Pivovarova :p
i don't want her to lose first round :p

I don't either. But one has to be realistic. It will be good experience for her anyway. :shrug:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 20th, 2010, 05:36 AM
You never know. Maria might even find a way to lose. :lol:

But it wouldn't be bad since she's a Maria girl and apparently they're good friends. If Maria wins, I hope it's a good match. :hug:

M.P
Jun 20th, 2010, 05:51 AM
i really want her break into top100 this year
too bad she got this spot!

Natash.
Jun 20th, 2010, 06:10 AM
People acting as if she's a bagel girl :lol: She did reach the 3rd round in RG, beating Zheng in straight sets.

Her game will match up a LITTLE better with Masha. :angel:

Direwolf
Jun 20th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Why did Wimbledon choose the double bagel girl is beyond me?

She has already been traumatized once...
why would they want to cause her some more mental problems??

Sp!ffy
Jun 20th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Ana is not a nickname for Anastasia :tears:

Has anyone ever been double bageled twice in the same tournament? This could be a historic occasion. :hearts:

Well not many people get to lose twice in one tournament in the first place :lol:

Sp!ffy
Jun 20th, 2010, 06:35 AM

No, that's too much work. Why are you so mean to me :sad:
I was just simply being 99.999% confident that Maria would pull through easily and you disagreed, thats fine.

danieln1
Jun 20th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Maria 6-0 6-1

Bronx19
Jun 20th, 2010, 07:48 AM
LL's have a habit of causing trouble. They have nothing to lose and dont get nervous.

AnomyBC
Jun 20th, 2010, 07:54 AM
I love Pivovarova, but I'm definitely hoping for an easy Sharapova win here :)

Buitenzorg
Jun 20th, 2010, 07:56 AM
If Daniilidou can double bagelled this girl, so can Masha ;)

Huntress55
Jun 20th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Masha in an easy two sets :)

~MashyOwnThemAll
Jun 20th, 2010, 12:06 PM
62 62 for Maria. 1h 1m

claypova
Jun 20th, 2010, 01:22 PM
if eleni can double bagel her, then maria should be able to as well :angel: