PDA

View Full Version : Which Rd.16 match are u looking forward to most?

Monirena Wiles
Jun 18th, 2010, 08:34 PM
We could be in for some exciting fourth round matches if the seeds hold up. Which potential rd. 16 match are you guys looking forward to the most?

narutos
Jun 18th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Serena vs Sharapova no doubt.

tonybotz
Jun 18th, 2010, 08:41 PM
1. ReRe v. Masha: need i say more?

i think the quarters are more interesting. i have a feeling this is going to be a wacky wild wimbledon

Monirena Wiles
Jun 18th, 2010, 08:42 PM
I voted for Serena-Sharapova but Razai vs. Stosur would be fun too. I am sure that most of these match-ups will not even happen. Probably only the first three on the list will happen.

i think the quarters are more interesting. i have a feeling this is going to be a wacky wild wimbledon

How many QFs matches look to be exciting? I though there were more in the 4th round.

narutos
Jun 18th, 2010, 08:43 PM

So true just hearing names excitement is there.

tonybotz
Jun 18th, 2010, 08:46 PM
I voted for Serena-Sharapova but Razai vs. Stosur would be fun too. I am sure that most of these match-ups will not even happen. Probably only the first three on the list will happen.

How many QFs matches look to be exciting? I though there were more in the 4th round.

St. Kim v Lady JaJa sounds interesting - ummm on second thought the quarters aren't that great haha

Jose.
Jun 18th, 2010, 09:00 PM
I think Rezai vs. Stosur, Serena vs Sharapova, Clijsters vs Henin can all be real good :D

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 18th, 2010, 09:31 PM
2004 YEC Final Rematch!

Someone says that they played on grass that year too, but I don't remember :scratch:

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 18th, 2010, 09:33 PM
I'm hoping most of these matches don't happen. :)

AcesHigh
Jun 18th, 2010, 09:36 PM
clijsters/Henin by far.

We all know Serena will beat Sharapova. Clijsters/Henin should be far more competitve and interesting.

Aravanecaravan
Jun 18th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Rezai and Stosur, but a heavy topspin is the kind of ball Aravane doesn't like, so it would be tough. Not to mention that her wrist may keep from playing Wimbledon anyway.

KournikovaFan91
Jun 18th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Since it is the WTA I won't even begin predicting R16 matches :lol:

Gdsimmons
Jun 18th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Sharapova and Serena

shap_half
Jun 18th, 2010, 09:43 PM
If Justine and Kim meet, it'll be their first GS match-up since the 06 Wimbledon.

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 18th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Serena-Maria without a second thought!!

Eduardo Oliveira
Jun 18th, 2010, 10:19 PM
SHARAPOVA and Serena :sobbing:

LudwigDvorak
Jun 18th, 2010, 10:21 PM
clijsters/Henin by far.

We all know Serena will beat Sharapova. Clijsters/Henin should be far more competitve and interesting.

No it won't. Clijsters barely put Henin away in hardcourts, a surface she is actually better at. On grass + the pressure of the occasion, Henin win is NID.

slamchamp
Jun 18th, 2010, 10:26 PM
sharapova and serena even though masha will get her ass kicked:ras:

narutos
Jun 18th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Henin Clijsters should have 0,0 votes. Seriously who want to see this chokefest errorfest matchup:lol:

$uricate
Jun 18th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Serena-Dani :drool: ;)

Rafito.
Jun 18th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Serena/Masha & Vika/Caro.

Sp!ffy
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Sharapova-Serena

Who cares if Serena is the favorite to win this? Maria's a fighter and we all know that this has the makings of a good match :drool::drool::drool:

BluSthil
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Most of the round 16 matches would be entertaining to watch. However, according to the poll, Sharapova and S. Williams is the match most anticipated. If Maria should pull the upset, it would change the whole dynamic of the "Summer Classic". Take off those bikini's girls and start those "engines" !

55405 55406

AcesHigh
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:20 AM
No it won't. Clijsters barely put Henin away in hardcourts, a surface she is actually better at. On grass + the pressure of the occasion, Henin win is NID.

I disagree. Henin's play has not been great since then. Secondly, those matches were a mix of high quality and high drama.. definitely highlights for this year. Thirdly, the pressure is on Henin, not Kim. No one has any expectations for Kim on this surface.

And compared to Serena/Sharapova... Maria has 0 wins against top 40 opponents I believe and with a lack of serve, Serena will annihilate her... it's not even questionable.

AcesHigh
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Sharapova-Serena

Who cares if Serena is the favorite to win this? Maria's a fighter and we all know that this has the makings of a good match :drool::drool::drool:

Based on what??

Sp!ffy
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Based on what??

What do you mean based on what? Maybe based on the fact that the last time Sharapova played Serena at this tournament, she won? Or the fact that their last meeting went to 3 sets? Or perhaps that she has recently regained her serve serving 33 aces, 14 DF over the course of 5 matches with a 70% first serve percentage? Or perhaps that she took a set off Henin in her favorite surface? Or maybe that it's now Maria's favorite surface?

You think this will be a walkover but I wouldnt expect to see Maria go out without a fight. Especially considering Dementieva was 2 inches away from victory against Serena last year and we ALL know, Sharapova > Dementieva :rolleyes:

AcesHigh
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:28 AM
What do you mean based on what? Maybe based on the fact that the last time Sharapova played Serena at this tournament, she won? Or the fact that their last meeting went to 3 sets? Or perhaps that she has recently regained her serve serving 33 aces, 14 DF over the course of 5 matches with a 70% first serve percentage? Or perhaps that she took a set off Henin in her favorite surface? Or maybe that it's now Maria's favorite surface?

You think this will be a walkover but I wouldnt expect to see Maria go out without a fight. Especially considering Dementieva was 2 inches away from victory against Serena last year and we ALL know, Sharapova > Dementieva :rolleyes:

She played 6 years ago :haha:
Regained her serve? She still has yet to beat anyone in the top 40 and just lost to Na Li!
Their last match went to 3 sets on CLAY. The two previous matches were complete beatdowns.

In 2007 when Sharapova was still playing fairly well she got beat down here by Vee winning only 4 games. I expect Serena to do the same or better.

Sharapova>Dementieva :spit: You're funny

Gdsimmons
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:31 AM
It nice to have confidence in your favorite player, but lets not front. Charleston 08 may have went 3 sets but Serena killed her in the third set. And 2004 was 6 long years ago.

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Serena and Maria on grass is going to be such a treat.

Serena def. Maria 6-4, 6-3

Sp!ffy
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Haha I like how you say she lost to Na Li as if Na Li is a bad player.
I'm not trying to say Maria will come out with this magnificent upset or anything but I hardly doubt this will be a walkover for Serena. Just wait and see..

Oh, and I forgot. Dementieva > Sharapova because in your world 0 > 3 and #3 highest ranking > #1 highest ranking, I beg your pardon. :haha:

makirilenko
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Tie between Clijsters-Henin and Serena-Sharapova for me, both have the makings of an awesome match. Looking forward to either though I think CLijsters-Henin will be the better match, the build up for a Serena-Sharapova match will be huge, both definitely worth watching either way.

AcesHigh
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:45 AM
I'm not trying to say Maria will come out with this magnificent upset or anything but I hardly doubt this will be a walkover for Serena. Just wait and see..

Oh, and I forgot. Dementieva > Sharapova because in your world 0 > 3 and #3 highest ranking > #1 highest ranking, I beg your pardon. :haha:

So you want to compare Hingis and Sharapova and say Hingis would fare better against Serena now? Just b/c she has the better career?

What kind of retarded reasoning is that? For the past two years, Elena has a better player BY FAR.
At least Elena can beat top 40 players :lol:

claypova
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:53 AM
serena vs maria, even though its gonna be a beatdown. :hysteric:

LudwigDvorak
Jun 19th, 2010, 02:56 AM
I disagree. Henin's play has not been great since then. Secondly, those matches were a mix of high quality and high drama.. definitely highlights for this year. Thirdly, the pressure is on Henin, not Kim. No one has any expectations for Kim on this surface.

And compared to Serena/Sharapova... Maria has 0 wins against top 40 opponents I believe and with a lack of serve, Serena will annihilate her... it's not even questionable.

Justine will beat Clijsters if they meet. When you are such intense rivals there is no such thing as a "no pressure" situation for Kim. This is their 1st slam meeting since the comeback.

To say Clijsters has no pressure is foolish. If Justine were to win here it would basically void out their last two meetings and put Clijsters right back where she was before her retirement - losing to Henin when it matters most.

ETA - If anything I'd even venture to say the pressure is even more on Clijsters. She's the higher ranked player and she hasn't beaten Justine in a slam in a LONNNNNNNNNNG time. She has a lot to prove.

There's pressure on Henin because she wants to win this tournament, but no one is expecting her to with the form she has shown.

Koon
Jun 19th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Jankovic- Zvonareva :drool:

AcesHigh
Jun 19th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Justine will beat Clijsters if they meet. When you are such intense rivals there is no such thing as a "no pressure" situation for Kim. This is their 1st slam meeting since the comeback.

To say Clijsters has no pressure is foolish. If Justine were to win here it would basically void out their last two meetings and put Clijsters right back where she was before her retirement - losing to Henin when it matters most.

Huh? You think Kim has any expectations to win this event? You think her success is measured by how often she beats Henin?

Henin just lost at RG... everyone keeps talking about how she has come back to win Wimbledon. The expectations were sky high after her AO final.. since then things have fallen apart.
If Henin loses here, it means A LOT more than Kim losing here. Kim has already won a slam in her comeback. She's won Miami as well. Meanwhile, Justine has just one title and has experienced a slide since her first two tournies.

But we can agree to disagree. I respect your opinion

LudwigDvorak
Jun 19th, 2010, 03:11 AM
You think her success is measured by how often she beats Henin?

In so many words, yes.

Lachy
Jun 19th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Serena and Maria on grass is going to be such a treat.

Serena def. Maria 6-4, 6-3

I'd take that :angel:

Sp!ffy
Jun 19th, 2010, 06:29 AM
So you want to compare Hingis and Sharapova and say Hingis would fare better against Serena now? Just b/c she has the better career?

What kind of retarded reasoning is that? For the past two years, Elena has a better player BY FAR.
At least Elena can beat top 40 players :lol:

At least Sharapova can get a grand slam title :lol:

I'd much rather have a GS title than do "good" all the time.

Jajaloo
Jun 19th, 2010, 06:54 AM
don't think Sharapova will make the 4R :eek:

So, Henin-Clijsters.

tievae
Jun 19th, 2010, 07:09 AM
:worship: Goddess Rena defeating Masha :worship:

Maria Croft
Jun 19th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Clijsters/Henin by far.

Pretty much this, and with Maria's past slam results it's no guarantee she'll even get that far.

delicatecutter
Jun 19th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Azarenka/Wozniacki although I hope neither of them advance that far. :o

Sp!ffy
Jun 19th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Pretty much this, and with Maria's past slam results it's no guarantee she'll even get that far.
I like your confidence for your favorite player. :worship::worship::worship::worship:

Maria Croft
Jun 19th, 2010, 07:19 AM
I like your confidence for your favorite player. :worship::worship::worship::worship:

At least I'm not delusional.

And yes, she is my favorite player so don't you ever dare to question my loyalty to Maria as a fan, it has nothing to do with thinking she somehow has a chance to beat Serena. I just know that after Wimbledon I won't be the one disappointed by her results. I have confidence that Maria will win a slam again one day, but I'm also realistic enough to see that it's not at this years Wimbledon.

By the way, the only reason the Serena/Maria match is winning the poll is because people are hoping to see another beatdown.

Sp!ffy
Jun 19th, 2010, 07:34 AM

And yes, she is my favorite player so don't you ever dare to question my loyalty to Maria as a fan, it has nothing to do with thinking she somehow has a chance to beat Serena. I just know that after Wimbledon I won't be the one disappointed by her results. I have confidence that Maria will win a slam again one day, but I'm also realistic enough to see that it's not at this years Wimbledon.

By the way, the only reason the Serena/Maria match is winning the poll is because people are hoping to see another beatdown.

Ah, k. So, the realist game it is, right? Maria got to 2nd round last here, so I'm assuming early loss this year too? Oh, hmm...3rd round loss at the US Open, so I'm guessing she's going to lose early there too? 1st round loss at the AO, so nothing there. 3rd round loss at RG, so.......nothing.

It gets kind of depressing looking at the results. So, maybe she should just retire or should I stop being a fan?

There's nothing wrong with me having confidence for Maria and there's nothing wrong with me trusting that the old Maria will one day come back and play good on grass again.

Vodkapova
Jun 19th, 2010, 08:50 AM
I don't know why people would pick Serena and Maria. :tears:

narutos
Jun 19th, 2010, 09:00 AM
She played 6 years ago :haha:
Regained her serve? She still has yet to beat anyone in the top 40 and just lost to Na Li!
Their last match went to 3 sets on CLAY. The two previous matches were complete beatdowns.

In 2007 when Sharapova was still playing fairly well she got beat down here by Vee winning only 4 games. I expect Serena to do the same or better.

Sharapova>Dementieva :spit: You're funny

High guy could you stop and I thought you weren't a Sharapova hater:lol: I was so wrong.
Serena gave Maria 2 beatdowns but it was back in 2007 it's funny because you're here arguing about her wins dating back to 2004 but 2007 was a long time ago too. And seriously enough is enough Serena raped Maria twice I highly doubt she will beat Maria another time 6161 Maria isn't a mat.
Their mast match even though was in 2008 was in three sets on CLAY and it was absolutely great from both sides and yeah Sharapova is far better than Dementieva in one match Maria can beat anyone I would even say kill anyone what about Dementieva especially in Majors, nada, niet, nothing, rien :lol:

Sharapowerr
Jun 19th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Ah, k. So, the realist game it is, right? Maria got to 2nd round last here, so I'm assuming early loss this year too? Oh, hmm...3rd round loss at the US Open, so I'm guessing she's going to lose early there too? 1st round loss at the AO, so nothing there. 3rd round loss at RG, so.......nothing.

It gets kind of depressing looking at the results. So, maybe she should just retire or should I stop being a fan?

There's nothing wrong with me having confidence for Maria and there's nothing wrong with me trusting that the old Maria will one day come back and play good on grass again.

I agree , i also have the confidence in Maria
She last last year in Wimbledon early, so what, i m happy her serve is back, and at last year s US OPEN, probably the worst match of her career, i thin k sheŽll go far this year;)

narutos
Jun 19th, 2010, 09:32 AM

I can count at list 10 or 15 Masha fans who voted for Sharapova vs Serena including me so tell me why would we want Serena to beat Maria down another time I think we're just hoping a fight, the kind of fight only these 2 can give us. Hopefully it will happen.

poulao
Jun 19th, 2010, 09:35 AM
These matches have all the potential to be good ones :lol: but are they all going to show up :lol: some of them might be upset on the way

angliru
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:00 PM
My vote goes to Chakvetadze vs. Hantuchova.

sammy01
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:01 PM
chakvetadze vs sharapova :drool:

claypova
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:14 PM
chakvetadze vs sharapova :drool:

i hope this becomes true:hysteric:

sammy01
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:17 PM
i hope this becomes true:hysteric:

well chak has a winning H2H vs petkovic and serena :angel:

tennisphilia
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Definitely SERENA - Sharapova.
A repeat of the 2004 final.

bandabou
Jun 19th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Henin vs Clijsters...if Juju can't beat Kimmie on grass, thennn...I see another retirement.

Pops Maellard
Jun 19th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Tough choice between BFFs Serena and Masha, and the belgian clash.

janezhang
Jun 19th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Sharapova Def. Serena:wavey:

Then Li def. Sharapova:kiss:

fouc
Jun 19th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Venus vs. Ivanovic ahead of Clijsters vs. Henin, then Radwanska vs. Kuzzy/Na and Serena vs. Maria equally

Pops Maellard
Jun 19th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Venus vs. Ivanovic ahead of Clijsters vs. Henin, then Radwanska vs. Kuzzy/Na and Serena vs. Maria equally
To be honest I don't think Safina or Ivanovic will make it far enough to face Venus. :lol:

CloudAtlas
Jun 19th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Larcher De Brito v Sharapova

kaktusino
Jun 19th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Venus vs. Ivanovic/Safina? lol

Venus won't play against them, she'll play against Peer.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 19th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Serena vs Maria :worship: and then Kim vs JuJu :bounce:

Kworb
Jun 19th, 2010, 03:42 PM
for sure Sarin vs Martha

n1_and_uh_noone
Jun 19th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Dulko vs Date Krumm

Sir Stefwhit
Jun 19th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Henin vs Clijsters...if Juju can't beat Kimmie on grass, thennn...I see another retirement.lol... I don't think a loss to Clijsters would be that devastating to her. To hear both her and her coach talk about Wimbledon, this year is the "practice" Wimbledon and the goal is to win next years. Of course that's just a tactic to take pressure off of her effort for this year. We all know the goal for Serena, Venus, Sharaopova, Justine is nothing short of a Wimby title.

The draw looks pretty even, and of the top seeds Venus probably has the weakest section. I would love to see a Serena vs. Stosur and Venus vs. Clijsters/Henin SF. And my dream final would finally be: Serena vs. Clijsters I've waited so long for those two to meet in a slam final, that's my one wish in tennis and has been for about 10 years now.

bandabou
Jun 19th, 2010, 10:45 PM
lol... I don't think a loss to Clijsters would be that devastating to her. To hear both her and her coach talk about Wimbledon, this year is the "practice" Wimbledon and the goal is to win next years. Of course that's just a tactic to take pressure off of her effort for this year. We all know the goal for Serena, Venus, Sharaopova, Justine is nothing short of a Wimby title.

The draw looks pretty even, and of the top seeds Venus probably has the weakest section. I would love to see a Serena vs. Stosur and Venus vs. Clijsters/Henin SF. And my dream final would finally be: Serena vs. Clijsters I've waited so long for those two to meet in a slam final, that's my one wish in tennis and has been for about 10 years now.

Uhumm....Serenava vs Kim at wimbledon? Wow...would be something.

Sir Stefwhit
Jun 20th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Uhumm....Serenava vs Kim at wimbledon? Wow...would be something.Well I would of course root for Serena, but if Serena were to lose to her I wouldn't feel devastated though. I figure, "If Serena can't win it, then the next best option for me would be for Kim to."

But let's wake from that fantasy it's never happened and in all likelihood won't ever happen, especially @ Wimbledon. Hell I don't think I'll ever see that dream final in ANY slam.

The biggest final they've played was Year Ending Championships in 02 and the infamous Indian Wells final. I think those are the only two times they've even played in a final (I could be wrong).

VishaalMaria
Jun 20th, 2010, 12:19 AM
There's a reason why you've been waiting so long, and will continue to wait so long for a Kim v Serena final at Wimbledon.

Potato
Jun 20th, 2010, 03:24 AM

Dementieva would kick Sharapova's ass right now in their current forms

......wait.:hysteric::hysteric:

Roookie
Jun 20th, 2010, 03:48 AM
I'm gonna go crazy and predict most of this matches won't happen :p

Umberella
Jun 20th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Serena vs. Hantuchova/Masha

Pops Maellard
Jun 20th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Serena vs. Hantuchova/Masha
So Dani will lose 6-2 6-2 again or something? :unsure:

kickserve
Jun 20th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Definitely looking forward to Clijsters-Henin.

Maria-Serena would have been a good R16 match in 2005 but in current form, Serena is going to give Maria an epic beatdown. That result is not in doubt. The Kim-Henin match should be more competitive.

Umberella
Jun 20th, 2010, 05:17 AM
So Dani will lose 6-2 6-2 again or something? :unsure:

Well... Yeh, I can't really expect much of a different result. But Hantuchova, Masha and Serena are 3 of my fave players, so watching a match with any combination of them is going to be entertaining! :)

PLP
Jun 20th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Clijsters vs. Henin
followed closely by Maria/Serena

bandabou
Jun 20th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Well I would of course root for Serena, but if Serena were to lose to her I wouldn't feel devastated though. I figure, "If Serena can't win it, then the next best option for me would be for Kim to."

But let's wake from that fantasy it's never happened and in all likelihood won't ever happen, especially @ Wimbledon. Hell I don't think I'll ever see that dream final in ANY slam.

The biggest final they've played was Year Ending Championships in 02 and the infamous Indian Wells final. I think those are the only two times they've even played in a final (I could be wrong).

Indeed...they haven't really met in the big big finals. Serena excelled at the Oz open and Wimby, for a while wasn't much a factor at the Open..while the Open just happens to be Kimmie's best major.

If it is to happen probably at the u.s. Open, hardcourts is their best surface...not that it really matters for Serena. :lol:

LCS
Jun 20th, 2010, 11:46 AM
If Sharapova can get past Serena it can propell her back to where she belongs.

Szavay #1
Jun 20th, 2010, 11:50 AM
frankie vs. marion :)

Joe.
Jun 20th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Masha vs Larcher de Brito. ;)

bandabou
Jun 20th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Masha vs Larcher de Brito. ;)

:lol: Thaaattttt ain't happening.

Monirena Wiles
Jun 25th, 2010, 02:51 PM
So far only one potential match is actually GOING to happen. Congrats to Henin and Clijsters fans, it should be a great match. I can't wait!

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 25th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Kim vs Henin done now I hope we have a Serena-Maria encounter

TuxedoSlam
Jun 25th, 2010, 02:58 PM
I'm hoping most of these matches don't happen. :)

They won't :)

Monirena Wiles
Jun 25th, 2010, 04:40 PM
If most people feel like the people who voted in this poll it will be no question who gets center court, if Serena-Maria actually happens that is.

Shinjiro
Jun 25th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Kim vs Henin :drool:

Delfii
Jun 25th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Vika vs Caro
Kim vs Le Petit
Serena vs Masha

In that order :)

Midnight_Robber
Jun 25th, 2010, 05:22 PM
To be honest I don't think Safina or Ivanovic will make it far enough to face Venus. :lol:

An obvious prophecy but you called it nevertheless. Guess we can add Peer to that list too. :rolleyes:

delicatecutter
Jun 25th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Azarenka vs. Wozniacki and it should be on CC. :p

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 25th, 2010, 06:33 PM
:lol:Kim vs Henin or Maria vs Serena will be on CC if they win tomorrow!!

chloe-l
Jun 25th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Justine vs Kim
Serena vs Maria

Mary Cherry.
Jun 25th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Henin v Clijsters
Serena v Shazza

I can't choose between the 2 :sobbing:

Junzilla69
Jun 25th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Now that the dust is clear, for personal reasons, Kanepi vs Pennetta.

thrust
Jun 25th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Justine-Kim
Maria-Serena

thrust
Jun 25th, 2010, 10:10 PM

HELL NO!!

Illusionist
Jun 26th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Justine-Kim
Maria-Serena

This. What a madhouse that will be. Can't wait!!!

terjw
Jun 26th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Kim vs Justine by far and above any other.
Shrieka Basharenka vs Pushniacki
JJ vs BepaI'd look forward to the Masha vs Serena match if I thought it was going to be close, But I don't think Masha is a match for Serena right now.

terjw
Jun 26th, 2010, 04:18 AM
Huh? You think Kim has any expectations to win this event? You think her success is measured by how often she beats Henin?

Henin just lost at RG... everyone keeps talking about how she has come back to win Wimbledon. The expectations were sky high after her AO final.. since then things have fallen apart.
If Henin loses here, it means A LOT more than Kim losing here. Kim has already won a slam in her comeback. She's won Miami as well. Meanwhile, Justine has just one title and has experienced a slide since her first two tournies.

But we can agree to disagree. I respect your opinion

If we are talking about the event and winning the title - no I don't think that there is any pressure on Kim. I don't think it's on her mind and she is just thinking about this one match.

But for this particular match - I think there is a lot of pressure on both of them. It must mean such a lot to them. And inwardly - I don't care what they might say afterwards - I think it will hurt inside for whoever loses. Kim - because it would then be another match that she just can't beat Justine in slams. Justine - because Kim would have beaten her in every match since their comeback.

angliru
Jun 26th, 2010, 03:57 PM
We know now that 2 of the 8 matches in the poll are going to happen (probably 3 as Sharapova has not played yet).

Only 8 (or 9 if Masha wins her 3R match) out of the 16 top seeds actually made it as far as the 4th round here at Wimbledon! But it's still a bit better than at RG some weeks ago when only 7 out of 16 made it to 4th round (if memory serves).

Sir Stefwhit
Jun 26th, 2010, 05:30 PM
I think the grass, as well as the clay, lend themselves to the most upsets for big names, so it's no surprise most of th potential matches wont happen.

It's great for the sport that the two main attractions are going to happen though- early rounds with big names clashing may not be good for the players, but for us fans and tennis as a whole, it's awesome.

My two favorite players both having such high pressure matches- I have to admit I'm excited and also a little nervous. I'm hoping for a double win, God willing...

Mary Cherry.
Jun 26th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I love that Ivanovic was even considered for this poll :haha: Aww, bless.