PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon Draw.. fair and balanced both Men and Ladies..

Yonexforever
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I dont understand why the media is claiming Federer has been handed a tough draw because Hewitt and Djokovic are in his section. If form holds Hewitt meets Djoko, Hewitt cant beat Fed over 5 sets and Djoko hasnt made much of an impact at AETC.
Roddick still doesant ever finish the job against Fed so he cant be considered a REAL threat.

To me it seems wide open on both sides as a result of tons of injuries to more potential obstacles.
WIth good weather predicted I expect some fun encounters.
S & V are on opposite sides, The Belgians are gonna feed on themselves(meet each other), ELena is out.. Sveta is mentally out... so camp Williams should be salivating as they look to another finals appearance.

Monirena Wiles
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Doesn't look to fair to Nadal. He has the hardest draw of all the top seeds. On the women's side Venus side of the draw is weak, but the rest is balanced.

croat123
Jun 18th, 2010, 05:09 PM
venus has makarova round 2

Gdsimmons
Jun 18th, 2010, 06:25 PM
I do think on the mens side, it is unbalanced. Nadal got the shit end of the stick IMO. Fed really has an easy draw.

I think the womens side is a little more balanced. Though clearly some parts are weaker than others

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 18th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Actually I like the draws on both ends.....it has the potential to have some really good matches if it progress the way it does. Long as my 2 girls are in the final is all im worried about... ;)

Doc
Jun 18th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Wozniaki in the cupcake quarter again! :o

AcesHigh
Jun 18th, 2010, 06:55 PM
How does Nadal have the worst draw? :lol:

For the women, i think the top and bottom quarter are about the same. The second quarter is incredibly weak and the 3rd is very tough.

NA-GOAT
Jun 18th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Wozniaki in the cupcake quarter again! :o

that is because as long as Woz is top 4, whichever quarter she is in IS the cupcake quarter :lol: :tape:

Tennis Ball
Jun 18th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I dont understand why the media is claiming Federer has been handed a tough draw because Hewitt and Djokovic are in his section. If form holds Hewitt meets Djoko, Hewitt cant beat Fed over 5 sets and Djoko hasnt made much of an impact at AETC.
Roddick still doesant ever finish the job against Fed so he cant be considered a REAL threat.

To me it seems wide open on both sides as a result of tons of injuries to more potential obstacles.
WIth good weather predicted I expect some fun encounters.
S & V are on opposite sides, The Belgians are gonna feed on themselves(meet each other), ELena is out.. Sveta is mentally out... so camp Williams should be salivating as they look to another finals appearance.

So you mean you're so unbiased to call such a thing fair AND balanced. :help: Typically egotistic american :rolleyes:. Everyone knows it's not fair nor balanced that Kim and Justine are in the same quarter. :help:
I hope with all my hart it won't be an all williams final, please God safe us from that!

Russianboy
Jun 18th, 2010, 09:10 PM
that is because as long as Woz is top 4, whichever quarter she is in IS the cupcake quarter :lol: :tape:

:lol:

Nicolás89
Jun 18th, 2010, 09:21 PM

Imagine if Na Li was in her quarter, it would be Tier V weak I guess. :eek:

goldenlox
Jun 18th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Much more balanced than the French Open womens draw, but either way, only one player wins 7 matches. So just changes what round the other 127 lose in

Ryan
Jun 18th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Its pretty balanced I guess. Strongest quarter by far is Kim's, wowzers. Weakest based on title/slam #'s is Caro/Sam's, but I think thats a tougher Quarter than Venus' actually. Venus has no one to stop her from tearing through to the Semis.

Actually, this might be the best draw Serena and Venus have had in a long time. Serena has Maria, and thats it. Venus has...Makarova? She wont lose that at Wimbledon, no way. Definitely a Venus/Serena final, (unfortunately for my favorites).

I see Serena v. Vika and Venus v. Justine, then Serena v. Venus

Gdsimmons
Jun 18th, 2010, 09:41 PM

Lmao :lol::lol:

VeeJJ
Jun 18th, 2010, 10:59 PM
if jelena doesn't get to the quarters this year she should retire.... like seriously... easy draw...

makirilenko
Jun 18th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Nadal's half has quality opponents but he won't have to play anyone good until the quarterfinals and by then most of the decent opponents will be gone, he has a cake walk. The men's draw is unbalanced more so than the women's. The Clijster's quarter is pretty brutal, but the talent is much more spread out, looks better than the men's draw to me.

supergrunt
Jun 18th, 2010, 11:09 PM
it just makes so happy to know that one of the two belgians will no be in the quaterfinals

supergrunt
Jun 18th, 2010, 11:13 PM
just kidding

tennnisfannn
Jun 18th, 2010, 11:17 PM
So you mean you're so unbiased to call such a thing fair AND balanced. :help: Typically egotistic american :rolleyes:. Everyone knows it's not fair nor balanced that Kim and Justine are in the same quarter. :help:
I hope with all my hart it won't be an all williams final, please God safe us from that!
Then you better shop around for a new god, how can you pray that the best players on this surface don't make it. Kim and Justine in the same quarter is no more unfair than Maria and Serena in the same quarter, they have to eliminate each other and these two are former champions unlike the belgians.

sky20748
Jun 18th, 2010, 11:45 PM
I do think on the mens side, it is unbalanced. Nadal got the shit end of the stick IMO. Fed really has an easy draw.

I think the womens side is a little more balanced. Though clearly some parts are weaker than others

:help:They do not wish for Nadal to win this title and if he does which I truly hope he do, its going to be by battling. Yes the Fedster is cakewalking to the finals.My My My,., They kept The Sodster on Nadals side. either way I would love for Nadal or either Roddick or Query to get it.

NA-GOAT
Jun 19th, 2010, 02:16 AM
Imagine if Na Li was in her quarter, it would be Tier V weak I guess. :eek:

Na was already lucky enough to be in Caro's quarter in AO and RG 2010

one time she took advantage :hearts:

one time she didn't :tape:

now Na has a hard draw at Wimbledon :sad:

Chance
Jun 19th, 2010, 03:24 AM
Its pretty balanced I guess. Strongest quarter by far is Kim's, wowzers. Weakest based on title/slam #'s is Caro/Sam's, but I think thats a tougher Quarter than Venus' actually. Venus has no one to stop her from tearing through to the Semis.

Actually, this might be the best draw Serena and Venus have had in a long time. Serena has Maria, and thats it. Venus has...Makarova? She wont lose that at Wimbledon, no way. Definitely a Venus/Serena final, (unfortunately for my favorites).

I see Serena v. Vika and Venus v. Justine, then Serena v. Venus

I think Venus has a tricky quarter- makarova & kleybanova. So nothing is set in stone.
Serena though has a comfortable ride to the final... might be challenged by na li

Polikarpov
Jun 19th, 2010, 03:35 AM
How does Nadal have the worst draw? :lol:

His draw is pretty tough. His possible road to final could be Nishikori-Blake-Gulbis-Youzhny/Isner-Soderling-Murray-Federer. But Roger has Andy, who I think is the most dangerous out in the draw, and Hewitt who just beat him in Halle.

The women's draw's pretty even relatively to RG's, but I feel it's still top heavy.

AcesHigh
Jun 19th, 2010, 03:49 AM
His draw is pretty tough. His possible road to final could be Nishikori-Blake-Gulbis-Youzhny/Isner-Soderling-Murray-Federer. But Roger has Andy, who I think is the most dangerous out in the draw, and Hewitt who just beat him in Halle.

I personally find the second quarter brutal, the 3rd quarter weak, and the 1st and 4th not too far apart in difficulty.

None of the players you mentioned really scare me except possibly Murray although I think he'd be tougher on a hardcourt

darrinbaker00
Jun 19th, 2010, 04:18 AM

The women's draw's pretty even relatively to RG's, but I feel it's still top heavy.
You mentioned "tough draw" and "Blake" in the same sentence?

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Miranda
Jun 19th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Doesn't look to fair to Nadal. He has the hardest draw of all the top seeds. On the women's side Venus side of the draw is weak, but the rest is balanced.
nadal got the hardest draw, roger always got the easy draw, if rafa is no.1 seed, he should have an easy draw:rolleyes:

Miranda
Jun 19th, 2010, 04:31 AM

Blake beat rafa a lot of times:wavey:

darrinbaker00
Jun 19th, 2010, 04:39 AM
Blake beat rafa a lot of times:wavey:
When you didn't need a GPS device to find Blake's ranking, yes:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Singles.aspx?d=14.06.2010&c=&r=101#

Sp!ffy
Jun 19th, 2010, 04:39 AM
Why do you guys expect for Wozniacki to get a hard draw when she is the third seed :shrug:

I guess she worked hard to get to that ranking so as a result, her draws get easier. :shrug: :shrug:

Polikarpov
Jun 19th, 2010, 05:02 AM

When I said "pretty tough" I wasn't referring to Blake.:lol: I think playing Gulbis, Isner, and Soderling consecutively could be quite dangerous for Rafa especially if he meets one of those in their mad serving days.