PDA

View Full Version : UNICEF Open SF: Justine Henin [BEL] d Alexandra Dulgheru [ROM] 6-2 6-2

loppy
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Well done Justine! :cheer::cheer:

Ellery
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Juju :hearts:

sammy01
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:09 PM
much better scoreline. go on and win the title tomorrow henin.

AnDrEi.b
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Despite the result, she has more time to prepare for Wimbledon .. Anyway it a was a good week on grass for Alex at Hertogenbosch :)

Mightymirza
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:11 PM
played quite well.. :yeah: I hope she comes in even more.. Power players can comletely dominate her if she sticks to baseline..

SNSD
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Allez Allez!!:cheer:

vejh
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:13 PM
And much better play.

Drake1980
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:14 PM
:bounce:

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Ju :cheer:

cellophane
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:18 PM
That seemed much better than prior matches

sweetpeas
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Good job!

shap_half
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I thought her tennis was good here. Yay!

Roookie
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Take this title Justine :bounce:

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Golden Flower Ju :woohoo:

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Justine had some amazing highlight reel moments in that match. Overall a few errors but mostly very aggressive and on target. I think that form would be good enough against almost anyone who's last name doesn't happen to be Williams and it should be way too good for anyone whose last name happened to be Flipkens or Petkovic for instance.

Obviously though will be tough for Justine to beat one, let alone two Williams sisters to take the title in a fortnight's time but I think a trip to at least the semi finals at Wimbledon looks very much on the cards.

I was happy with how Alex played to. Her shot selection was mostly spot on and she showed courage going for her shots. There were even a few serve and volleys. However Alex's execution wasn't always all it could be and that cost her at least making the scoreline closer. As for those serve and volleys, nice idea but mostly they just missed their targets. Still Alex knows what she wants to do out there and for a first professional grasscourt tournament, I think she has exceeded pretty much everyone's expectations.

Sad Alex drew Kimiko at Wimbledon, but I have to give Alex the edge in that match based on what she showed this week and Kimiko's questionable fitness but whatever happens next week Alex has left no doubt that she will be a formidable player on grass in the years to come.

treufreund
Jun 18th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Wow that was about 75% increase in Justine's level of play. Her intensity, execution, focus, aggression and consistency were pretty strong. Dulgheru has quite good fundamentals and is a pretty tough player from what I could see. For Justine to dominate her 2 & 2 is quite impressive. Justine really won most of the points by being the one taking the risks and taking control. I was particularly impressed with Justine's shot selection and foot speed. It's all looking quite impressive. Hopefully she will maintain that level tomorrow against a potentially difficult opponent. :)

miss molly
Jun 18th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Congrats Ju:) Some very good shots today (that point at 4-2 in the first set for instance:hearts:). Good luck for the final.

NyCPsU
Jun 18th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Alex suffers her first career loss on grass. :crying2:

treufreund
Jun 18th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Justine won 84% of the points on her first serve :) and a respectable 45% off the 2nd serve!

Kampi
Jun 18th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Congrats Justine:worship::kiss::worship:

Take the title now.

Allez Justine:bounce:

LeonHart
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Justine had some amazing highlight reel moments in that match. Overall a few errors but mostly very aggressive and on target. I think that form would be good enough against almost anyone who's last name doesn't happen to be Williams and it should be way too good for anyone whose last name happened to be Flipkens or Petkovic for instance.

Obviously though will be tough for Justine to beat one, let alone two Williams sisters to take the title in a fortnight's time but I think a trip to at least the semi finals at Wimbledon looks very much on the cards.

I was happy with how Alex played to. Her shot selection was mostly spot on and she showed courage going for her shots. There were even a few serve and volleys. However Alex's execution wasn't always all it could be and that cost her at least making the scoreline closer. As for those serve and volleys, nice idea but mostly they just missed their targets. Still Alex knows what she wants to do out there and for a first professional grasscourt tournament, I think she has exceeded pretty much everyone's expectations.

Sad Alex drew Kimiko at Wimbledon, but I have to give Alex the edge in that match based on what she showed this week and Kimiko's questionable fitness but whatever happens next week Alex has left no doubt that she will be a formidable player on grass in the years to come.

Yeah when I saw Alex drawing Kimiko was like :eek:

It will be tricky, Kimiko is tough on grass. Don't know about Kimiko's fitness though.

flyingmachine
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:34 AM
:worship:

eck
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:40 AM
:woohoo:

Good job Justine :yeah:

RenaSlam.
Jun 19th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Oh JuJu. U so nastay.

Mightymirza
Jun 19th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Wow that was about 75% increase in Justine's level of play. Her intensity, execution, focus, aggression and consistency were pretty strong. Dulgheru has quite good fundamentals and is a pretty tough player from what I could see. For Justine to dominate her 2 & 2 is quite impressive. Justine really won most of the points by being the one taking the risks and taking control. I was particularly impressed with Justine's shot selection and foot speed. It's all looking quite impressive. Hopefully she will maintain that level tomorrow against a potentially difficult opponent. :)

Dulgheru has good fundamentals barring the serve :tape: :lol: That ball toss is just too high. She did serve ok though..