PDA

View Full Version : According to the Tennis Channel Wimbledon Preview...

DefyingGravity
Jun 18th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Serena doesn't like the grass...I can't think of a reason other than maybe movement why she wouldn't like it, but she's moving well on grass as of 2009. We shall see I guess, but it's an interesting topic of discussion. Why is someone who plays well on grass dislike it so much?

What do you think about this admission from Serena?

Imperfect Angel
Jun 18th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Justine doesn't really prefer hardcourts too but she did win 3 hardcourt slams.:shrug:

Uranium
Jun 18th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Serena doesn't like the grass...I can't think of a reason other than maybe movement why she wouldn't like it, but she's moving well on grass as of 2009. We shall see I guess, but it's an interesting topic of discussion. Why is someone who plays well on grass dislike it so much?

Clijsters plays well on clay, but doesn't like it at all...

DefyingGravity
Jun 18th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Clijsters plays well on clay, but doesn't like it at all...

That's another thing too. Justine and Kim sort of dislike hardcourts and clay respectively, yet Justine has 2 USO and an Aussie, and Kim's been a finalist at RG twice and a SF in 2006. It just doesn't make sense to me...they should learn to embrace the surface...all three of them.

narutos
Jun 18th, 2010, 02:57 PM

2004 Wimbledon final:lol: seriously it's the same for many players.
Henin and HC
Clijsters and Clay
Federer and Clay
But they have pretty good results.

cellophane
Jun 18th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Henin doesn't like HCs? :scratch:

Since when? Never heard her say that.

RebelPrince
Jun 18th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Despite her comment, I don't think Serena does not like grass. In fact I believe in years past she's said she loves grass many times at wimbledon.

I think it was just another understatement from Serena, she was smiling and said something to the effect of "oh, I actually don't like playing on the grass, but then I play the doubles which is really fun and that helps alot".

tennnisfannn
Jun 18th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Venus absolutley loves the clay, she says so often and does very little when it counts the most.

The Witch-king
Jun 18th, 2010, 03:50 PM
LieRena

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Andre Agassi hated tennis period and look how much he accomplished :shrug: