PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Davenport v Venus Williams...

2Black
Jun 18th, 2010, 01:38 AM
I'm finally getting to record this in HD. Thank you tennis channel. Right now, Lindsay is dominating, up 5-2, 1st set. LOL

If you don't know what I'm talking about... the Tennis channel is showing the 2005 Wimbledon Ladies Final Classic

LightWarrior
Jun 18th, 2010, 01:47 AM
This final is da shit.

barboza
Jun 18th, 2010, 01:51 AM
Please don't bring this up.... It makes me sad :sad:

hotandspicey
Jun 18th, 2010, 01:53 AM
I'm finally getting to record this in HD. Thank you tennis channel. Right now, Lindsay is dominating, up 5-2, 1st set. LOL

If you don't know what I'm talking about... the Tennis channel is showing the 2005 Wimbledon Ladies Final Classic

I'm watching and recording in HD too.:bounce: That was some match!! :worship: Vee was supposed to be done..finished...washed up ..according to most.:rolleyes:

tonybotz
Jun 18th, 2010, 01:54 AM
thank you for reporting this! i was so bored that i was watching the new york housewives crap. now THIS is entertainment!

MH0861
Jun 18th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Good grief, how fast does 5 years fly by? :eek:

delicatecutter
Jun 18th, 2010, 02:03 AM
I'm still mad Linds didn't win this. :sobbing:

LightWarrior
Jun 18th, 2010, 02:09 AM
Never seen someone being so happy after winning a GS. Imagine if Venus hadn't won that MP...

2Black
Jun 18th, 2010, 02:20 AM
This is some major hittin going on ... Lindsay is attacking that forehand. Isn't this the year where Venus could've easily been done in the 1st or 2nd round lol

LightWarrior
Jun 18th, 2010, 02:25 AM
This is some major hittin going on ... Lindsay is attacking that forehand. Isn't this the year where Venus could've easily been done in the 1st or 2nd round lol

No, that was 2007.

2Black
Jun 18th, 2010, 02:32 AM
I forgot about that exchange between Lindsay & the umpire ... I love the line, "If I did my job that poorly, I wouldn't even be out here" :lol: I miss Lindsay

delicatecutter
Jun 18th, 2010, 02:35 AM
OMG that bad call against Davenport makes me IRATE! :fiery:

omoruyi
Jun 18th, 2010, 02:35 AM
divine intervention for a struggling venus in that game 9th game...:p

supergrunt
Jun 18th, 2010, 02:58 AM
venus used to be more flexible

RenaSlam.
Jun 18th, 2010, 03:02 AM
FIght, Venus. FIGHT.!!!!!11!!!!1111111!!!!

Bayo
Jun 18th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Best women's match I've seen.

Don't have the heart to watch it again though. Pleased as I would have been with either winning, it was mentally exhausting.

delicatecutter
Jun 18th, 2010, 03:09 AM
Best women's match I've seen.

Don't have the heart to watch it again though. Pleased as I would have been with either winning, it was mentally exhausting.

This match was 1/10 as mentally exhasuting as Elena/Serena last year. I seriously felt I was going to stroke out.

It was never in doubt that Venus would win this, so the entire match was a disappointment because it wasted everyone's time when the result was obvious. It's still an actual "Classic" match, unlike the Venus/Serena 2002 RG final they kept shoving down our throats last month as a "classic". :help:

Pureracket
Jun 18th, 2010, 03:31 AM
If it's any consolation to LD fans, she did win Wimbledon against the woman who is probably the best of all time(besides Serena, of course).

2Black
Jun 18th, 2010, 03:32 AM
This match was 1/10 as mentally exhasuting as Elena/Serena last year. I seriously felt I was going to stroke out.

It was never in doubt that Venus would win this, so the entire match was a disappointment because it wasted everyone's time when the result was obvious. It's still an actual "Classic" match, unlike the Venus/Serena 2002 RG final they kept shoving down our throats last month as a "classic". :help:

I hate when they do that. That's as bad as last year when they kept showing the RG final from the 80s when Navratilova whooped Chrissy something like 6-1, 6-2. It was mindboggling that the tennis channel was calling it a classic. :lol:

Bayo
Jun 18th, 2010, 03:34 AM

The story got me. Venus on a four year drought and looking like she might never win another slam. Five years for Lindsay, who was then approaching 30 and enjoying a shocking renaissance.

I wanted them both to win.

delicatecutter
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:02 AM
OMG John totally doesn't like Tracy and keeps belittling her at every turn. SO HILAIRE! :bigcry:

twight6
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:08 AM
:sad:

simonsaystennis
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:13 AM
Such a great match! This is the earliest match I remember watching and it's what I credit getting me into women's tennis. :) Venus and Lindsay :worship: They both deserved the title after a match like that!

omoruyi
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:20 AM
venus is virtually hovering across the grass in the last 4 games, so fleet & light. some crazy gets!

MH0861
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:23 AM

As if Demented was ever going to beat Serena? :spit:

GreenEvgeny
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:32 AM
what a match...

Caralenko
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:35 AM

IKR :lol: Even on Elena's MP you got the feeling Serena wouldn't be giving up any time soon.

tonybotz
Jun 18th, 2010, 05:08 AM
ugh davenport in pure dump truck mode. girl never learned how to fight for a win. she lead the entire match yet still managed to lose it.

dybbuk
Jun 18th, 2010, 05:16 AM
This damn match gets mentioned every year come Wimbledon time and it still never gets any easier. :sobbing:

Infiniti2001
Jun 18th, 2010, 05:22 AM
I still don't understand how a woman with such long legs moves so well on the damn grass :eek:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 18th, 2010, 05:33 AM
OMG that bad call against Davenport makes me IRATE! :fiery:

:lol: Lindsay was hot! That was a such a bad call though, seriously chair umpires should have their checks docked when they make such terrible calls.

Larrybidd
Jun 18th, 2010, 06:27 AM
The greatest match in woman's tennis history and the put it up against the NBA Finals game 7? :-(

Infiniti2001
Jun 18th, 2010, 07:50 AM
The greatest match in woman's tennis history and the put it up against the NBA Finals game 7? :-(

Picture in picture my friend. I just love the way Vee moves on grass :p

Lindsayfan32
Jun 18th, 2010, 11:06 AM
This was best match Lindsay ever played. Give Venus credit were credit is due she out played Lindsay and they were both at their best and someon had lose. That life and sports.

hdfb
Jun 18th, 2010, 11:14 AM

She was one point away.

Anyhow this 2005 final is the match of the decade for me. The significance of the match is something fans could not relate to on the level Venus and Lindsay - 2 of the most professional WTA players, did. It really was a classic match. I can't think of another match that comes close to its intensity this past decade.