PDA

View Full Version : Are there cases of players shrieking when hitting a dropshot?

rockstar
Jun 17th, 2010, 06:20 PM
I mean, with all the talk lately about vika being heard from centre court ( :lol: ), and how her grunts are fake. anyway i noticed she didn't grunt when she hit one, so at least it wasn't that bad. i dont think sharapova does it as well.

have you noticed anyone who shrieked when hitting a dropshot, i mean that would just be fake as hell.

Wiggly
Jun 17th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Well, some pushers screams like their baby is giving them an orgasm when they're giving birth. That's beyond fake.

So I'm pretty sure they grunt when they hit a dropshot.
Plus, if you grunt while doing so, it can "hide" a little bit more your strategy/confuse the opponent.

Freakan
Jun 17th, 2010, 06:23 PM
I rememer Serena doing it once ;)

Direwolf
Jun 17th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Elena too...

kiwifan
Jun 17th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Even Monica Seles has done that.

moby
Jun 17th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Elena too...Elena brings sonic warfare to a new level. Decibels? Try pitches, bitches.
It telegraphs her shot though.

9PqLKH8bNUc

narutos
Jun 17th, 2010, 07:39 PM
I mean, with all the talk lately about vika being heard from centre court ( :lol: ), and how her grunts are fake. anyway i noticed she didn't grunt when she hit one, so at least it wasn't that bad. i dont think sharapova does it as well.

have you noticed anyone who shrieked when hitting a dropshot, i mean that would just be fake as hell.

Yep Sharapova doesn't she is classy.

miffedmax
Jun 17th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Elena brings sonic warfare to a new level. Decibels? Try pitches, bitches.
It telegraphs her shot though.

9PqLKH8bNUc

Lena's most devastating sonic strikes are reserved for her post-error shrieks.

Although I'm pretty certain her post-Olympic screams broke windows as far away as Shanghai.:hearts:

The other weird thing about Lena D. is she grunts before she hits the ball.

faboozadoo15
Jun 17th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I've seen Serena do it a bunch of times.

edificio
Jun 17th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Actually, Maria has done it.

Plenty have done it. By "shrieking" I guess you mean grunting.

AcesHigh
Jun 17th, 2010, 08:58 PM
It's not that ridiculous.. playing a drop shot can take a lot of effort. There are different approaches. You can use careful touch and placement to give it a much softer feel... or you can really try to put some extreme spin on the shot and be aggressive with it and in that case I wouldnt be too bothered by a yell or scream.

Vincey!
Jun 17th, 2010, 09:01 PM
MLB has done it many times in one match, and it was real shriek huge ones.

young_gunner913
Jun 17th, 2010, 10:36 PM
It's not that ridiculous. Sometimes the antcipation of getting to the drop shot in time is so high that when a player reaches it and hits it over the net, its the release of all that build up. I've seen quite a few players grunt while smacking a drop shot over the net.

Vincey!
Jun 17th, 2010, 10:40 PM
It's not that ridiculous. Sometimes the antcipation of getting to the drop shot in time is so high that when a player reaches it and hits it over the net, its the release of all that build up. I've seen quite a few players grunt while smacking a drop shot over the net.

I think it was more when a player is hitting a drop shot, not when a player is hitting a drop shot back.

young_gunner913
Jun 17th, 2010, 10:44 PM
I think it was more when a player is hitting a drop shot, not when a player is hitting a drop shot back.

:spit: My bad. I read it wrong. :o

I'm certainly guilty to this crime though. :lol:

rockstar
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:34 AM
Well, some pushers screams like their baby is giving them an orgasm when they're giving birth. That's beyond fake.

So I'm pretty sure they grunt when they hit a dropshot.
Plus, if you grunt while doing so, it can "hide" a little bit more your strategy/confuse the opponent.

interesting, although i think that would make a case for over the top grunting being considered foulplay

InsideOut.
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:39 AM
Serena has done it. :lol: I actually remember Azarenka doing it once but I can't remember where :confused:

hdfb
Jun 18th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Yep Sharapova doesn't she is classy.

:rolls: If that makes Sharapova fans sleep better at night...

I know Venus has shrieked when hitting some powderpuff volleys...

fouc
Mar 9th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I wanted to watch some vintage Ivanovic, so I was going through the HLs of her FO 08, and I came across this:
vYVOi2j65ag&NR=1

Point starts at 4:21 :)

InsideOut.
Mar 9th, 2011, 12:51 PM
^That's not a shriek though. :unsure:

fouc
Mar 9th, 2011, 12:56 PM
It's still a grunt :angel:

Joelina
Mar 9th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Sharapova done this too

edificio
Mar 9th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Schiavone has done it too. It will never not be funny.