PDA

View Full Version : German Eurosport: Venus to win, Serena into final

toby345
Jun 17th, 2010, 05:03 PM
They did a check of the favorites:

http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/17062010/73/wimbledon-turniersieg-williams-oder.html

Win - Venus Williams
Final - Serena Williams
Semi - Maria Sharapova :help:
Semi - Sam Stosur
QF - Justine Henin

Direwolf
Jun 17th, 2010, 05:55 PM
no Schiavone?

sweetpeas
Jun 17th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I agree!

cellardoor
Jun 17th, 2010, 07:31 PM
that's...interesting.

RenaSlam.
Jun 17th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Kim?

Mightymirza
Jun 17th, 2010, 07:52 PM
How original :help:

JackFrost
Jun 17th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Thank god, we have eurosport. If eurosport hadn´t told me, that Venus and Serena are favorites, I would have bet on Barbora Zahlavova Strycova as winner. :shrug:

50Sense
Jun 17th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Really loving all the risk taking.

serenus_2k8
Jun 17th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Really loving all the risk taking.

Yeh these journalists clearly enjoy life on the edge.

Though that said Sharapova in the semis :spit:

Blackbeat
Jun 17th, 2010, 08:58 PM
They are saying, that Serena lost the Australien Open final?!?! :tape:

Sp!ffy
Jun 17th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I'd love to see semipova but if she faces a WS in the QF -- :wavey::wavey::wavey:

young_gunner913
Jun 17th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I like how some people are making comments about "risky predictions" yet if the WS weren't picked to be in the finals, a whole bunch of people would be in here throwing bitch fits saying the journalists have no idea what they're talking about... Get it together TF.

serenus_2k8
Jun 17th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I like how some people are making comments about "risky predictions" yet if the WS weren't picked to be in the finals, a whole bunch of people would be in here throwing bitch fits saying the journalists have no idea what they're talking about... Get it together TF.

Thats because stating the obvious is boring, stating the blatantly incorrect is ridiculous and hence the responses would reflect that accordingly.

I'd rather read about the dark horses, or what the journos think needs to be done to conquer a WS (perish the thought :scared:)

supergrunt
Jun 17th, 2010, 10:16 PM
schiavone? :haha: please

Matt01
Jun 17th, 2010, 11:36 PM
They are saying, that Serena lost the Australien Open final?!?! :tape:

Yes, they are saying that Serena lost the AO final. They are saying the same about Justine, though :p

This.

harloo
Jun 17th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Hmm......interesting prediction but the truth of the matter is if both sisters are fortunate enough to make the final their is no telling who will win. In 2008 Serena showed great form throughout Wimbledon and was pegged at the one who would win the final against Venus. However, when it came to winning the title Venus snatched it away from her. Then in 2009 everybody was talking about Vee's form and how she would win the final against Serena and Serena played better tennis.

I've learned over the years to never predict which sister will win an important slam match. Their is really no rhyme or reason to their matches. The only slight advantage Serena has is varied serve that doesn't break down as much under pressure which helped her win in 2004. OtherwiseI feel that both sisters are equal when they have to face each other.