PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon: Q3 Romina Oprandi def. Ekaterina Ivanova 6:3, 3:6, 6:4

darkangel23
Jun 17th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Romi :worship:

First GS MD since... well I can't remember honestly....

Darop.
Jun 17th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Dropshot queen is back :inlove:

LefandePatty
Jun 17th, 2010, 12:59 PM
OMG first Daniilidou now this. What's next? :unsure:

Elwin.
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Romina :eek:

benji48
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Well done Romina :D

Hian
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Kimi :)

MAGIKARPETTA
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Kimiiiiiiiiii

Carotastrophe
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Romi :)

Uranus
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Well deserved, she's been a force in ITF tournaments for some time now. Do some damage please :D.

Both dropshot queens qualified - her and Monica ^.

GABRIEL
Jun 17th, 2010, 05:18 PM
this is a great achievement, considering that is grass :worship:, please win 1 round in MD...top 100 would be so close!!

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 17th, 2010, 08:14 PM
More good news. I have got to say the 2010 crop of Wimbledon qualifying is the intriguing and fun group to qualify here that I can ever recall. It was a great qualifying campaign and Romina was definately one of the stars of it.

I didn't get to see as much of Romina as I would have liked but she looked a hell of a lot fitter than when I saw her at the US Open. And her game was very steady. Most of the time she was very content to rally from the baseline and her consistency and court coverage were good enough that she could play this way with real confidence. She actually probably didn't even need her dropshots this week her ground game was so solid. Very promising.

Drake1980
Jun 17th, 2010, 08:17 PM
:bounce:

Elisse
Jun 17th, 2010, 09:18 PM
I was there for her Q2 & Q3 matches, haven't seen her play for a few years but she is playing amazing!!! :hearts:

She has so much talent and great technical ability, great backhand..so much heavy slice on the ball, great forehand, she was serving well. She stayed calm when she lost the second, refocused and came back strong in the third. Her movement is still the main thing that lets her down....but the rest of her game is great!! :hearts: In the QR2 match she was having problems breathing and had pain in her back, she has heavy strapping on her knee and also on her arm and on her left hand too...she is like the walking wounded at the moment, so really great achievement for her to qualify!! :worship: (Really wonder what her career would have been like without all those injuries...)

Forza Romina!! :bounce:

FORZA SARITA
Jun 17th, 2010, 09:22 PM
thanks for the report :kiss: it's such a shame she's always injured :sad: but i'm happy she's not givin' up :yeah:
i really didn't expect her to reach the MD :eek: now draw Tax or Sara :devil::o