PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon QFR : Monica Niculescu (ROU) def. Junri Namigata (JPN) 6-4 / 6-0

AnDrEi.b
Jun 17th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Congratulions Moni ! Keep it going like this ! :banana:

Uranus
Jun 17th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Junri :sad:. Nice to see Monica in a GS MD again, though.

darkangel23
Jun 17th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Monica :D

Keadz
Jun 17th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Best result for Monica in a long time. Hopefully a sign of things to come, she desperately needs points and to get back in that top 100. She is better than her ranking.

Rising Sun
Jun 17th, 2010, 12:08 PM
I knew Junri would run out of gas... :(

Still no GS MD :sad:

Carotastrophe
Jun 17th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Junri.. :sad:

Singleniacki
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Monica!!!!

Well done sweetie do some damage MD :bowdown:

leviathane
Jun 17th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Monica :bounce::fiery:
Very deserved after RG QFR

madmax
Jun 17th, 2010, 07:04 PM
probably the most unique player on the tour...no wonder her unorthodox game works on a surface like grass

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 17th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I saw most of all three of Monica's matches here. I am so pleased with the way this week has gone for Monica. Playing on grass has really helped her find her game again and she has been hitting her forehand slice plentifully and with great effect. She has also been serving decently attacking the net well and hitting a lot of very flat hard hit groundies too. Basically she is playing exactly the type of tennis she needs to be playing on this surface.

The best thing is that Monica's focus hasn't waivered one tiny bit over the last two matches (there was a blip in her 1st match but her English opponent was so crap it hardly mattered). At times she has had little whines but they have passed quickly without having any negative effect on her game. Diatchenko was particularly tough in the begining taking a 4-1 lead in the 1st set with Monica doing little wrong. What was great is that Monica held firm, threw in a few more slices and stayed focused. And eventually it was Vita not Monica who cracked. The same thing today, Monica stayed tough and firm and resolute to her gamestyle while Namigata was the one to fall apart.

Obviously there will be tougher challenges ahead in the main draw, but this was a really great week for Monica and she looked very happy with how things went, quite rightly too.

Andiyan
Jun 17th, 2010, 09:31 PM
I saw most of all three of Monica's matches here. I am so pleased with the way this week has gone for Monica. Playing on grass has really helped her find her game again and she has been hitting her forehand slice plentifully and with great effect. She has also been serving decently attacking the net well and hitting a lot of very flat hard hit groundies too. Basically she is playing exactly the type of tennis she needs to be playing on this surface.

The best thing is that Monica's focus hasn't waivered one tiny bit over the last two matches (there was a blip in her 1st match but her English opponent was so crap it hardly mattered). At times she has had little whines but they have passed quickly without having any negative effect on her game. Diatchenko was particularly tough in the begining taking a 4-1 lead in the 1st set with Monica doing little wrong. What was great is that Monica held firm, threw in a few more slices and stayed focused. And eventually it was Vita not Monica who cracked. The same thing today, Monica stayed tough and firm and resolute to her gamestyle while Namigata was the one to fall apart.

Obviously there will be tougher challenges ahead in the main draw, but this was a really great week for Monica and she looked very happy with how things went, quite rightly too.

Great read! :) I expected better results again on the grass, and qualifying for Wimbledon is a better result for sure!! Way to go Monica! :D All the best in the MD!

rucolo
Jun 18th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Monica in Wimbledon MD!:bounce:

Finally some success again.

R1 Monica vs Dulko!:p
Who knows, perhaps Monica has a chance.

Thanx for report.:)