PDA

View Full Version : The Queen to visit Wimbledon on Thursday 24th June

s_j
Jun 17th, 2010, 06:07 AM
The Queen to visit Wimbledon on 24 June

STATEMENT FROM TIM PHILLIPS, CHAIRMAN OF THE ALL ENGLAND LAWN TENNIS CLUB, CONCERNING THE PROPOSED VISIT TO WIMBLEDON BY HM THE QUEEN, PATRON OF THE ALL ENGLAND LAWN TENNIS CLUB, ON THURSDAY 24 JUNE 2010

"We are delighted and honoured that the Queen has indicated that she will be attending The Championships this year and we very much look forward to welcoming Her Majesty back to Wimbledon.

"Wimbledon has changed considerably since the Queen's previous visit in 1977, most notably with a transformation of the infrastructure bringing new and much improved facilities, including the Centre Court roof which was unveiled last year.

"What has not changed, though, is the essential character of Wimbledon, created by the passion of players and spectators alike who want to be part of one the world's most exhilarating sporting events. It will certainly be an exciting occasion for everyone here."

I wonder if she'll watch any matches! Please watch Maria if she plays! :lol:

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jun 17th, 2010, 06:11 AM
i imagine they'll try and work it so murray plays on that day

s_j
Jun 17th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Bow, courtesy, bow, courtesy! We've haven't seen the tradition of the Royal Box in a while!

s_j
Jun 17th, 2010, 06:16 AM
i imagine they'll try and work it so murray plays on that day

Well, if Murray plays in the half that plays Monday and Wednesday etc., I don't see how they possibly could!