PDA

View Full Version : Kim Clijsters will win 2010 Wimbledon.

Aaron.
Jun 16th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I want to make a bold prediction like that one reporter did with Franny :devil:

R1 def. Duque Marino 7-6 6-7 0-5 ret.
R2 def. Oudin 6-0 6-0
R3 def. (20) Kuznetsova 6-0 5-0 ret.
R4 def. (6) Schiavone 6-4 6-3
QF def. (2) V.Williams 4-6 6-4 7-5
SF def. (7) Stosur 7-6 7-6
F def. (1) S.Williams 7-6 4-6 10-8

jimbo mack
Jun 16th, 2010, 08:57 PM
don't jinx her!!

Sexysova
Jun 16th, 2010, 09:01 PM
IMO she really will.

Matt01
Jun 16th, 2010, 09:02 PM
As if there aren't already enough useless threads in GM...

Player forum. :rolleyes:

cellophane
Jun 16th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Jinx?

Mightymirza
Jun 16th, 2010, 09:08 PM
yeah right.. :p :tape:

young_gunner913
Jun 16th, 2010, 09:09 PM
:yawn:

stino
Jun 16th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Schiavone is seeded 5th, Kim 8th, so they can not play each other in round 4, no?

sammy01
Jun 16th, 2010, 09:11 PM
i predicted this before she even struck a ball on the grass. i just think she really wants a wimbledon title and skipping RG was part of that. i think there is no better prepared player at the moment than kim.

Aaron.
Jun 16th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Schiavone is seeded 5th, Kim 8th, so they can not play each other in round 4, no? Forgot about Dementieva's withdrawal :(

Zweli
Jun 16th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm

Matt01
Jun 16th, 2010, 09:23 PM
i think there is no better prepared player at the moment than kim.

How is that possible when she just came back from injury?
You think that she missed RG on purpose? :p

sammy01
Jun 16th, 2010, 09:26 PM
How is that possible when she just came back from injury?
You think that she missed RG on purpose? :p

not on purpose but i think she thought lets put all the eggs in one basket. i think she both knew playing RG could have hurt her wimbledon chances and not given her so much time to prepare for the grass. i have no doubt the week before she chose not to play RG she was onto grass or fast hard practicing the moment she could. she is the only player going into wimbledon that has had 3 or 4 weeks of grass practice. im not surprised she going through players like a knife through butter.

The Witch-king
Jun 16th, 2010, 09:27 PM
yay cant wait

silentLIFE
Jun 16th, 2010, 09:27 PM
She won't get far; just a fact.. :devil:
I hope this is true :lol:

Williamsfan4ever
Jun 16th, 2010, 09:33 PM

R2 def. Oudin 6-0 6-0

She won't beat the sisters your high if you think so

ZODIAC
Jun 16th, 2010, 09:33 PM
GUESS WHAT Kim is not winning Wimbledon,she has never been close and never will be.I dont see a new winner at Wimbledon fortunately..I hope this thread is not based on the two matches that she has just played

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 16th, 2010, 09:34 PM

R2 def. Oudin 6-0 6-0

Wow Almost two double bagels in two back-to-back rounds and the first round Would be hilarious if it would happen:lol::lol::lol::lol:

delicatecutter
Jun 16th, 2010, 09:58 PM
:spit: at 1r score against Duque Marino. Caro is the only girl I know who retires 5-0 up. :rolls:

Lucemferre
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Expected:o:o:o Win 1-2 matches easily in a MM and you become favorite for a major:tape:

LightWarrior
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Oh no, not one of those threads again...More like these will spring up.

Derek.
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Excuse me. :shrug:
But only I can make these threads. :angel:

2007: Bartoli (made the final)
2008: Vaidisova (slumping made the QF)
2009: I forgot who I picked. :o

delicatecutter
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Excuse me. :shrug:
But only I can make these threads. :angel:

2007: Bartoli (made the final)
2008: Vaidisova (slumping made the QF)
2009: I forgot who I picked. :o

Aga Radwanska. :p

Matej
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:24 PM
She won't beat the sisters your high if you think so

Well, in Wimbledon 2003 semifinal Venus had quite some troubles with young Kim Clijsters (4:6, 6:3, 6:1).

Since Kim 2010 is arguably a much better and complete player than Kim 2003 while exactly the opposite is true in the case of Venus 2003 vs. Venus 2009-2010, Kim may well win this time.:cool:

goldenlox
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:30 PM
5 straight onion bagels. I'd like to see the Marino match

R2 def. Oudin 6-0 6-0

Aaron.
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Why would you want to see that hack play on grass? :tape: :help:

ZODIAC
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Well, in Wimbledon 2003 semifinal Venus had quite some troubles with young Kim Clijsters (4:6, 6:3, 6:1).

Since Kim 2010 is arguably a much better and complete player than Kim 2003 while exactly the opposite is true in the case of Venus 2003 vs. Venus 2009-2010, Kim may well win this time.:cool:
Vee had an abdominal sprain and had a thick bandage round her waist but managed to beat Kim:pVee will be ready for her this time...

cozy411
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:36 PM

I believe Vee had the abdominal strain which she reinjured during the 2003 match and Kim failed to capitalize on it. The third set was not even close.

If both Venus and Serena play up to their abilities, I don't think Kim can win on this surface (the WS have too much of an advantage on this surface hence dominance over it).

Matej
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Vee had an abdominal sprain and had a thick bandage round her waist but managed to beat Kim:pVee will be ready for her this time...

Hmmm, and what about their last two encounters? Was it an abdominal sprain as well? :devil:

ZODIAC
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Hmmm, and what about their last two encounters? Was it an abdominal sprain as well? :devil:
Vee was injured at the USA Open and Miami...different surface who knows Kim will lose to some mug before she meet the sisters.:pshe might play an inspired Kleybanova or any of the youngsters

sammy01
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:45 PM
i think kim is a horrible player for venus to play now whatever surface it is. kim is like a better jankovic in that she can out run venus in long rallies to get the error, but she also has a forehand that she looks to take on whenever she can. she also can throw in slices, drops shots and lobs which keep venus off balance.

VishaalMaria
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:46 PM

Well in Wimbledon 2003 Venus was quite obviously hurt. That injury changed her whole career. So really it's 1997-2003 Venus comparable to 2004-current Venus. Even in the 2004-current time frame, Venus won three slams, greater than Clijsters' whole career.

The only difference in Clijsters is her mental toughness. She's mentally tougher yet STILL when the pressure is on her on the big stage she wilts. See Australian Open 2010.

There may be some pressure on her if she continues to beatdown her opponents and ends up winning EastBourne, and I'll be interested to see how she handles it at Wimbledon.

If she faces Serena, no way would she beat Serena 10-8 in the third. Maybe something like that would happen on clay but not on grass.

ZODIAC
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:49 PM
has any winner of Eastbourne ever won Wimbledon..plus according to draw Kim is supposed to play Serena in qtrs

Matej
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Vee was injured at the USA Open and Miami...

Are you implying that the only reason Venus could ever possibly lose to Kim is her injury?

Anyway, letīs see what happens at Wimby.

VishaalMaria
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:50 PM
i think kim is a horrible player for venus to play now whatever surface it is. kim is like a better jankovic in that she can out run venus in long rallies to get the error, but she also has a forehand that she looks to take on whenever she can. she also can throw in slices, drops shots and lobs which keep venus off balance.

She is and that's why Venus needs to play at a top level against Clijsters, in that she needs her ground-strokes in tip top shape.

Clijsters I feel is extremely consistent with her game whereas with Venus, it's literally hit and miss. What I saw at the US Open and in Miami was that Kims groundstrokes were generally far superior because Venus would just throw in these crappy shots and Clijsters (deservingly) would eat them up.

On grass, I don't know how it would translate because, again, Venus is inconsistent.

Matt01
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:52 PM
has any winner of Eastbourne ever won Wimbledon..

Navratilova. Multiple times.

plus according to draw Kim is supposed to play Serena in qtrs

What? :rolleyes:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:54 PM
It is quite possible, especially if Serena has an off day like last year's Wimbledon SF, Clijsters will certainly capitalize.

Although I must say, Kim's game doesnt suit grass at all. Her serve isnt as much of a weapon as it is on hardcourts, her topspin shots dont do as much damage either, and if a good volleyer can take the net away from her she will be in trouble (On grass the ball stays low and doesnt allow you enough time to setup a passing shot).

Aaron.
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Venus will never beat Kim again in a regular tour event im afraid :sad:

Matt01
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:55 PM

Yes, Kim is a bad match-up for Venus but grass should be the best surface for Venus since she could be succesful on that surface to keep the rallies as short as possible.

sammy01
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:55 PM
She is and that's why Venus needs to play at a top level against Clijsters, in that she needs her ground-strokes in tip top shape.

Clijsters I feel is extremely consistent with her game whereas with Venus, it's literally hit and miss. What I saw at the US Open and in Miami was that Kims groundstrokes were generally far superior because Venus would just throw in these crappy shots and Clijsters (deservingly) would eat them up.

On grass, I don't know how it would translate because, again, Venus is inconsistent.

grass will obviously help venus's serve and one strike tennis, but i feel like venus needs to play very well if she wants to beat kim again. she doesn't get nearly as many cheap points on serve as she does against any other top player as kim returns so consistently.

id love for them to meet in the qtrs or semis, would be a great match i think with some great rallies.

LudwigDvorak
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:58 PM
It will be interesting to see how Clijsters performs at Wimbledon this year.

Before she was held back because of her impotent serving and being too reliant on defense. I am still skeptical because 99/100 times when Clijsters plays aggressive, complete 1st strike tennis against contenders it always ends up exposing her FH technique into a flurry of errors. The 1/100 being the humiliating clinics she gave to Mauresmo.

Hachiko
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:59 PM
This was my prediction before Eastbourne this week. I hope she can keep up this form for another 2 more.

Aaron.
Jun 16th, 2010, 11:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUnQFfKhUd8

Kim playing GOAT Grass tennis :inlove:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 16th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Isn't she playing mixed doubles? :shrug:

NeoZod19
Jun 16th, 2010, 11:36 PM
The way she's been playing? Oh yeah, she has a great chance to compete with the Williams for sure!!

tennisphilia
Jun 16th, 2010, 11:47 PM

R2 def. Oudin 6-0 6-0

She will not meet Henin or Petrova?

Aaron.
Jun 16th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Henin will lose to Stosur again :)

@danieln1
Jun 17th, 2010, 12:20 AM

R2 def. Oudin 6-0 6-0

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Those made my day... the only way the williams sisters can lose to Clijsters in Wimbledon is, theyīll have to play, really, really bad, and Clijsters will have to play the match of her life 2 times...

This is Wimbledon, not Kimīs favorite surface, and sheīs returning from injury

@danieln1
Jun 17th, 2010, 12:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUnQFfKhUd8

Kim playing GOAT Grass tennis :inlove:

we should praise her for taking Lindsay to three sets... indeed, she played her best match on grass that fourth round, i was nervous for Lindsay

Matej
Jun 17th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Slumpnovic:

As for Clijsters vs. Venus I definitely wouldnīt be so sure. The probability of Venus having a bad day is pretty high. She had plenty of those this year, right (i.e. Clijsters, Jankovic, Rezai, Petrova ...)?

Matej
Jun 17th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Also, I am of the opinion that Na Li, having a particularly good day, could beat Serena on grass. Their Aus. Open match was pretty close and Na Li definitely wasnīt in any way at her best that day.

Gdsimmons
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Clijsters beating S Williams in the final of Wimbledon?? Alright

Serena y Monica
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Well in Wimbledon 2003 Venus was quite obviously hurt. That injury changed her whole career. So really it's 1997-2003 Venus comparable to 2004-current Venus. Even in the 2004-current time frame, Venus won three slams, greater than Clijsters' whole career.

The only difference in Clijsters is her mental toughness. She's mentally tougher yet STILL when the pressure is on her on the big stage she wilts. See Australian Open 2010.
There may be some pressure on her if she continues to beatdown her opponents and ends up winning EastBourne, and I'll be interested to see how she handles it at Wimbledon.

If she faces Serena, no way would she beat Serena 10-8 in the third. Maybe something like that would happen on clay but not on grass.

Of late Venus has mastered a few meltdowns of her own. Total toss up if these 2 meet. Kim is not the better player or athelete but she seems to be in Venus head.

Matej
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Clijsters beating S Williams in the final of Wimbledon?? Alright

Serena playing even remotely the same crap like against Sharapova in 2004, itīs more than possible.;)

VishaalMaria
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Slumpnovic:

As for Clijsters vs. Venus I definitely wouldnīt be so sure. The probability of Venus having a bad day is pretty high. She had plenty of those this year, right (i.e. Clijsters, Jankovic, Rezai, Petrova ...)?

Thanks for highlighting four out of the five times Venus has lost this year.

Are you saying Venus has to have a bad day for Clijsters to beat her on grass? Not exactly confidence building.

And no, Venus having a bad day at Wimbledon isn't exactly "high". God knows how you can say that?

This year alone so far has been one of Venus' better years in terms of consistency. Thus she's had worse results in previous years and still ended up winning Wimbledon.

As a result prior results REALLY mean nothing on Venus' Wimbledon performance. So you can't say her having a bad day at Wimbledon is high. There is a chance. But that's all. A chance. Just like Clijsters has the chance of having a bad day too (like against Petrova, Kleybanova)

Matej
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Thanks for highlighting four out of the five times Venus has lost this year.

No. In actual fact I highlighted four out of the six times I watched a whole match of hers this year.;)

but let me rephrase my previous statement: the probability of Venus having a bad day against Clijsters is pretty high, IMHO.:wavey:

VishaalMaria
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:29 AM
No. In actual fact I highlighted four out of the six times I watched a whole match of hers this year.;)

but let me rephrase my previous statement: the probability of Venus having a bad day against Clijsters is pretty high, IMHO.:wavey:

And it just so happens to be the four out of the five times she's lost.

Of course everytime a player loses it's a bad day at the office especially if it's a 1-6 2-6 or 0-6 1-6 scoreline. Stating the obvious there.

And re-phrasing your statement doesn't make it any less ridiculous or stupid but now I know you're flava and what you're all about (a simpleton) and just your general understanding , I know what to expect or "not expect" and thats common sense. :lol::lol: Bye.

Polikarpov
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:35 AM
I hope so!

ZODIAC
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:54 AM

but let me rephrase my previous statement: the probability of Venus having a bad day against Clijsters is pretty high, IMHO.:wavey:you seem obssessed with Venus losing I hope you are not one of those banned haterz:tape::rolleyes:

Matej
Jun 17th, 2010, 02:04 AM
And it just so happens to be the four out of the five times she's lost.

Not only she lost those four matches but played awfully badly as well. Actually, in 4 out of her last 12 matches she was just terrible. Thatīs pretty high probability to me.

ZODIAC
Jun 17th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Venus will mow the Centre Court lawn with Kim ,just like she did with Safina..

Matej
Jun 17th, 2010, 02:13 AM
you seem obssessed with Venus losing I hope you are not one of those banned haterz:tape::rolleyes:

No. I am just arguing that Clijsters has quite a high chance of beating Venus this year at Wimbledon. Itīs close to 50:50 in my view. And it was a reply to the people who claimed with supreme confidence that Clijsters stands absolutely no chance whatsoever against Venus at Wimbledon.

That aside, Venus (not to mention Serena) is not exactly my favorite player, but thatīs beside the point. As they say: De Gustibus ... :)

ZODIAC
Jun 17th, 2010, 02:26 AM
No. I am just arguing that Clijsters has quite a high chance of beating Venus this year at Wimbledon. Itīs close to 50:50 in my view. And it was a reply to the people who claimed with supreme confidence that Clijsters stands absolutely no chance whatsoever against Venus at Wimbledon.

That aside, Venus (not to mention Serena) is not exactly my favorite player, but thatīs beside the point. As they say: De Gustibus ... :)Venus has been in eight finals at Wimbledon and Kim zero...there is a reason for that,she is no that good on grass..there are bad bounces at Wimbledon and the points are shorter.Kim will play Serena in the qtrs and will lose because Rena will be ready for her.
I think you are wishing and hoping that the sisters lose,fortunately there wont be a new winner at Wimbledon...get that in you head:rolleyes:

wateva
Jun 17th, 2010, 02:26 AM
stupid and idiotic jinx thread.
kim doesn't get enough penetration on grass courts and this is where her defense is negated.
although kim has said that she likes to play on grass courts, she just doesn't have the necessary arsenal to win it. and her past results here have shown it.
so go jinx someone else. :rolleyes:

Roookie
Jun 17th, 2010, 02:27 AM
Who knows...but for the first time in years she could be the first player to really challenge a Williams on Wimbledon (and no, Dementieva didn't count...we all knew she was never gonna pull it off).

ZODIAC
Jun 17th, 2010, 02:38 AM
she will meet Serena in the qtrs if she gets there...

Matej
Jun 17th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Venus has been in eight finals at Wimbledon and Kim zero..

Well, Navratilova had 9 titles and 2 finals at Wimbledon and lost to Monica Seles decisively in 1992 semifinal (on a quick grass). Clijsters is a better grass-courter than Seles ever was and the surface used to be much quicker in those times. Compared to that, Clijsters beating Venus on grass wouldnīt be that much surprising.

ZODIAC
Jun 17th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Well, Navratilova had 9 titles and 2 finals at Wimbledon and lost to Monica Seles decisively in 1992 semifinal (on a quick grass). Clijsters is a better grass-courter than Seles ever was and the surface used to be much quicker in those times. Compared to that, Clijsters beating Venus on grass wouldnīt be that much surprising.do you seriously think Venus is the only person in Kim s way:help:she is going into Wimbledon overhyped and will lose because of that to some young player..
I think your obssession with this match up is silly,Kim will play Serena according to the seeding:fiery:

Aaron.
Jun 17th, 2010, 04:36 AM
stupid and idiotic jinx thread.
kim doesn't get enough penetration on grass courts and this is where her defense is negated.
although kim has said that she likes to play on grass courts, she just doesn't have the necessary arsenal to win it. and her past results here have shown it.
so go jinx someone else. :rolleyes: Wateva :rolleyes:

~{X}~
Jun 17th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Well Clijsters may not necessarily meet Serena in the Quarter-Finals. The Seeds don't always have 1 vs. 8.

In 2007, Serena Was the 7th Seed and she faced Number 1 Henin in the QF.

In 2008, yes the Number 1 and Number 8 were in the same quarter.

In 2009, Number 1 was slated to face the 5th seed in the QF's.

So its not always a given, it can be all over the place at times. :lol:

rockstar
Jun 17th, 2010, 05:10 AM
this is hardly a "bold prediction" :rolleyes:

Aaron.
Jun 17th, 2010, 05:17 AM
^^ She's never won before :D

SELVEN
Jun 17th, 2010, 06:05 AM
shit, should I post a thread called "Kim clijsters won't win 2010 Wimbledon"??:mad::mad:

fridayeggs
Jun 17th, 2010, 06:12 AM
I'd like to see a Clijsters vs Sharapova final.
I hope they are on opposite sides of the draw

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jun 17th, 2010, 06:16 AM
picking clijsters to win wimby is hardly bold :lol: she is one of the faves especially considering how shit everyone is playing

my pick: kuznetsova, now that is bold/stupid depending on your pov ;)

ZODIAC
Jun 17th, 2010, 10:20 AM
this jinx thread has put a nail on the coffin...mark my words she is not winning Wimbledon

AnDrEi.b
Jun 17th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Maria or Venus, not Kim

hdfb
Jun 17th, 2010, 10:53 AM
She's the next best option after the sisters.

Graf~Dokic
Jun 17th, 2010, 10:55 AM

Of course I want Kim to win Wimbledon, but against Duque Marino she would win 6:0 6:2 or something like that. ;)

narutos
Jun 17th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Why because she will win Eastbourne we all know is peaking too soon she better avoid Petrova:tape:

ClijstersGOAT
Jun 17th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Very unlikely, she's not that good on grass, just her oponents this weak in Eastbourn were totally scared/tanking/playing crap.

kiwialicat
Jun 17th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Very unlikely, she's not that good on grass, just her oponents this weak in Eastbourn were totally scared/tanking/playing crap.

How do you know bar the WS and a few others that they won't do the same at Wimbledon? I hope not but she could get really lucky.:)

jimbo mack
Jun 17th, 2010, 11:48 AM
she's one of the top 5 favs to win for sure

ZODIAC
Jun 17th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Wimbledon is about bad bounces plus she is trying to use the same tactics she used before the USA Open coming back when everybody is tired...this time that wont work.

Slutati
Jun 17th, 2010, 12:06 PM
You know what you gotta do, Gisela. http://i47.tinypic.com/2djsbjc.gif

_Cell-chuk
Jun 17th, 2010, 12:11 PM
I agree, Clijsters will win Wimbledon 2010.

Sharapowerr
Jun 17th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I donīt think she will, grass isnīt her best surface, think she will make the QF or SFīs she is in form.

Feyd
Jun 17th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I cannot wait to see Kim bombing out in Wimbledon.

goldenlox
Jun 17th, 2010, 12:39 PM
I'll be surprised if Kim loses before playing one of the top 2 seeds.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Jun 17th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Maria or Venus, not Kim

Kim can do it. Maria can't.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Jun 17th, 2010, 12:45 PM
I agree, Clijsters will win Wimbledon 2010.

Me too. Maybe without losing a set?

DragonFlame
Jun 17th, 2010, 12:48 PM
I honestly don't think so. I have a feeling she's very eager and is peaking too soon. She's playing great and in the shape she's now she might win, but i think she will drop some form in the 2nd week at wimbledon.

Vanity Bonfire
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Jinxer.

She's just been broken by Azarenka and is making some really WTF? errors.

I HOPE YOU'RE PROUD!!!!!!!!!!

Sharapowerr
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:30 PM
A lot of people think she ll win, because she won to Wickmayer, who just was lost out there and Safarova , now she s playing Azarenka whoīs hitting a little harder and flatter and it s 4/2 for Vika

LudwigDvorak
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Jinxer.

She's just been broken by Azarenka and is making some really WTF? errors.

I HOPE YOU'RE PROUD!!!!!!!!!!

If Clijsters even plays 50% Azarenka will not win another game.

Sharapowerr
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:34 PM

Yeah right:devil:

The Witch-king
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:38 PM
You know what you gotta do, Gisela. http://i47.tinypic.com/2djsbjc.gif

lmao so true.
wanted to good rep u but apparently i've given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours :sobbing:

Aaron.
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:42 PM
:ras: Eastbourne means nothing guys

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 17th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Kim Def. Qualifier in the Final:worship::worship:

The Witch-king
Jun 17th, 2010, 02:08 PM

http://i47.tinypic.com/2qk3u9y.gif

mmm-hmmm Honey bee :hearts:

cellophane
Jun 17th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Kim is shiteous today

goldenlox
Jun 17th, 2010, 02:15 PM
There were some very well played points in that tiebreak. Especially Vika at 4-4

ZODIAC
Jun 17th, 2010, 02:48 PM
well there you have it guys...she is not very confident on grass.She looked confused out there..

Aaron.
Jun 17th, 2010, 02:48 PM
:o

The Witch-king
Jun 17th, 2010, 02:49 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/i5zo6u.gif

Carotastrophe
Jun 17th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Not if she plays Vika, she cant ;). Sorry, but Maria is not ready..

muniu
Jun 17th, 2010, 02:52 PM
kurwa bold prediction :rocker2:

mdterp01
Jun 17th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Umm...no!!

cellardoor
Jun 17th, 2010, 04:10 PM
it was looking like it, wasn't it? until today

madmax
Jun 17th, 2010, 04:11 PM
LOLZ...Kim and grass:haha:

Matt01
Jun 17th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Me too. Maybe without losing a set?

Maybe she can pull a "Mauresmo" and 3 or more opponents against her retire before the match is finished :devil:

Aaron.
Jun 25th, 2010, 02:42 AM
:wavey:

cellophane
Jun 25th, 2010, 02:55 AM
No, she won't. Jinxer.

shoparound
Jun 25th, 2010, 04:36 AM
It would be another GREAT fairytale story for Tennis

GreenEvgeny
Jun 25th, 2010, 06:51 AM
she might have chance if she avoids Henin or Serena. she can't beat Henin on grass

SymphonyX
Jun 25th, 2010, 06:52 AM
She'll lose to Henin on grass. Plus, there's Venus looming if she ever beats Henin.

kiwialicat
Jun 25th, 2010, 06:55 AM
she might have chance if she avoids Henin or Serena. she can't beat Henin on grass

yeah, but Henin can beat herself with her own inconsistancy and Kim or whoever could take advantage of that. But then again, it is Kim.

Miranda
Jun 25th, 2010, 08:14 AM
unless Venus and Serena got beaten by others ;)

sammy01
Jun 25th, 2010, 08:23 AM
i actually think shes in the better half and her draw might help her. obviously henin will be tough in the 4th round, but i've seen nothing that should scare kim in that match up if she keeps her nerve. jj is a nice qtr opponent and she has a great record against venus.

im still backing kim, serena vs kim is my dream final.

Marionated
Jun 25th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Justine won't lose to Kim on grass.

Daruma.
Jun 25th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Justine won't lose to Kim on grass clay.

:nerner:

sammy01
Jun 25th, 2010, 09:52 AM

i've been unconvinced by henin on the grass, she was all over the place in holland and she played a better 2nd round match here then went walkabout for 4 games. i think kim is the favourite going into that match, then the favourite going into the qtr.

Six Feet Under
Jun 25th, 2010, 09:53 AM
[Q] Greta Arn will win :sobbing:

Marionated
Jun 25th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Kim hasn't play that well either here.
And Justine has never lost to Kim on grass (a retirement after Justine won the first set doesn't count) and leads the slam h2h like 6-2.

Anyway, only time will tell.

sammy01
Jun 25th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Kim hasn't play that well either here.
And Justine has never lost to Kim on grass (a retirement after Justine won the first set doesn't count) and leads the slam h2h like 6-2.

Anyway, only time will tell.

justine hadn't lost a set at RG since 2005, let alone a match, things are different now.

kim on her comeback is 5-0 vs henin, venus and serena, that is a much more telling stat.

ZODIAC
Jun 25th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Justine will beat Kim in the 4th rd if they meet

Mistress of Evil
Jun 25th, 2010, 12:43 PM
justine hadn't lost a set at RG since 2005, let alone a match, things are different now.

kim on her comeback is 5-0 vs henin, venus and serena, that is a much more telling stat.

Some die-hard fans would have said :

Vee beat Kim at the BJC.;)

sammy01
Jun 25th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Some die-hard fans would have said :

Vee beat Kim at the BJC.;)

didn't oudin beat serena in an exo?

i think we can discount them :p

shoparound
Jun 26th, 2010, 06:58 AM
If Kim can get past Justine....

debby
Jun 26th, 2010, 10:24 AM
LMAO @Sammy. You are so biased :lol:
I don't see why Kim is the favourite against Henin... it's not like she crushed her this year, hello on her favourite surface, not even in a Slam, she barely won after a choke against Witchtine , and still she was lucky Witchtine hit a DF at 6-6 in Brisbane in the tie-breaker, then that lucky volley shot at Miami :hearts:

And Henin won a MM title, whereas Kim lost to Azarenka. Confidence built, it's perhaps a bit better.
We are in a Slam. Justine has 7 Slams, Kim "only" 2 .
That stat is more telling that the 5-0 stat because according to that stat, Kim is above the WS and Henin, but lost 6-1 6-0 to Petrova. Not so good. :/ To finish, Herpes was on a 45 + sets winning streak at RG, and she lost to Stosur.

sammy01
Jun 26th, 2010, 10:35 AM
I don't see why Kim is the favourite against Henin... it's not like she crushed her this year, hello on her favourite surface, not even in a Slam, she barely won after a choke against Witchtine , and still she was lucky Witchtine hit a DF at 6-6 in Brisbane in the tie-breaker, then that lucky volley shot at Miami :hearts:

And Henin won a MM title, whereas Kim lost to Azarenka. Confidence built, it's perhaps a bit better.
That stat is more telling that the 5-0 stat because according to that stat, Kim is above the WS and Henin, but lost 6-1 6-0 to Petrova. Not so good. :/ To finish, Herpes was on a 45 + sets winning streak at RG, and she lost to Stosur.

kim is love, i wanna have babies with her and live in a cottage with her, i think you'll find this is the most important stat :lol::hearts::p

VIKA?
Jun 26th, 2010, 10:43 AM
She will:shrug:

Aaron.
Jun 28th, 2010, 01:37 PM

Right...:lol:

She'll lose to Henin on grass. Plus, there's Venus looming if she ever beats Henin.

Okay.

Yeah.

sammy01
Jun 28th, 2010, 01:38 PM
kim now 6-0 vs the other big 3 since her return :drool:

DefyingGravity
Jun 28th, 2010, 01:41 PM

You eating crow yet?

tievae
Jun 28th, 2010, 01:43 PM
If Mama Kim wants to win Wimbly, she better fix that hot mess of a forehand. :help:

RenaSlam.
Jun 28th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Whoaaa.

_Cell-chuk
Jun 28th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Clijsters will win surely

tennisluver99
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Serena is going to win the title, but I can see Kim beating Venus and getting to the final.

shoparound
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:22 PM
If anyone can beat Kim... It will be Sharapova

Aaron.
Jun 28th, 2010, 07:34 PM
I think Kim will beat Venus in the semis even though I don't want it to happen :(

roelc
Jun 28th, 2010, 07:41 PM
kim now 6-0 vs the other big 3 since her return :drool:

hope she ll make it 7 and 8-0 in a few days. not counting on it though ;)

thegre8w0n
Jun 28th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Does Kim plan on retiring after the season again? The ESPN commentators made it seem like this is her last chance to win Wimbledon because she wants to have a 2nd baby soon.

DefyingGravity
Jun 28th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Does Kim plan on retiring after the season again? The ESPN commentators made it seem like this is her last chance to win Wimbledon because she wants to have a 2nd baby soon.

We'll have to see. If she wins a Slam here in 2010...I would say no. If she doesn't, she's got another farewell tour coming up in 1-2 years...and I love Kim. What she said is that she recognizes that she doesn't have long left in general because a) kids and b) age.

ZODIAC
Jun 28th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Kim will not win Wimbledon....write it down because she will lose a match she is expected to win.

~{X}~
Jun 28th, 2010, 08:27 PM
I know Clijsters has mentioned she wants to play the Olympics in 2012, so she may just wait till the end of 2012 to have another baby, which would make Jada what... 4-5 years older than her sibling, which is fine.

Hopefully she waits till atleast US Open 2012.

Inger67
Jun 28th, 2010, 08:29 PM
We'll have to see. If she wins a Slam here in 2010...I would say no. If she doesn't, she's got another farewell tour coming up in 1-2 years...and I love Kim. What she said is that she recognizes that she doesn't have long left in general because a) kids and b) age.

Wth.. She's only 27. If Venus and Serena thought like that they would've been gone quite some time ago :tape: Does she not enjoy tennis that much?

But anyway to respond to your question I don't think she will. I can see Vera taking her out if she plays well enough.

Elwin.
Jun 28th, 2010, 08:30 PM
We will see.

govera
Jun 28th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Allthough I hope that Zvonareva will win tomorrow, I do hope that the winner of this match will take out one and hopefully two of the Zilliams.

NeoZod19
Jun 28th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Please, let it be her!!!:worship:

Aaron.
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:59 PM
:o :help:

ZODIAC
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:55 PM
whoever started this thread did a good job
merci beaucoup mon ami!!!

Zweli
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:58 PM
:wavey:

sammy01
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:59 PM
kim obviously didn't win but she messed up probably one of the best chances shes ever had to, which is kind of sad. :sad:

mdterp01
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:00 PM
:haha: :rolls: :lol: :wavey: EPIC, MASSIVE FAIL!!!

The Dawntreader
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Ultimate proof of TF jinx threads.

Valanga
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:02 PM
:help:

cellophane
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:06 PM
kim obviously didn't win but she messed up probably one of the best chances shes ever had to, which is kind of sad. :sad:

There was still Serena in a slam final :shrug:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:07 PM

this was her best chance? unless serena's serve completely deserted her or she played li/kvitova/kanepi in the final she wasn't winning anyway

Serenita
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:11 PM

R2 def. Oudin 6-0 6-0

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk65/darinaldi/15270.gif

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:12 PM

exactly :haha:

mdterp01
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:13 PM

:rolls: :lol: :haha: OH MY GOD I AM CRYING LAUGHING OVER THAT!!! :yeah: That is HILARIOUS!!

RenaSlam.
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Fail.

Slutati
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Fail, Fail, Fail. Aaron's A Fail

Aaron.
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Fail, Fail, Fail. Aaron's A Fail Anytime ;)

sammy01
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:55 PM
There was still Serena in a slam final :shrug:

this was her best chance? unless serena's serve completely deserted her or she played li/kvitova/kanepi in the final she wasn't winning anyway

serena for me has been getting worse as the rounds have gone on, not that it will matter now as she has no one to challenge her. but her ground strokes and returns have been all over the shop the last 2 rounds.

you'd have had to give kim a chance had she made the final.

she had really only serena in her way once the us open qtrs came around, we know what happened then.

VishaalMaria
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:58 PM
She came closer than most expected.

So well done to her.

ZODIAC
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Anytime ;)you did a good job Aaron:bounce:you jinxed her now we are relieved of the hype,good riddance:tape:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:57 PM
serena for me has been getting worse as the rounds have gone on, not that it will matter now as she has no one to challenge her. but her ground strokes and returns have been all over the shop the last 2 rounds.

you'd have had to give kim a chance had she made the final.

she had really only serena in her way once the us open qtrs came around, we know what happened then.

yea she surprised serena after not playing her in a while and serena's game was off from previous rds...

that wouldn't happen again...serena's game went off from the qf of the AO and guess who still won the AO...

pascal77
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:48 AM
another bitter loss for Kim, she just doenst have what it takes to be a real champion.

The Witch-king
Jul 2nd, 2010, 10:16 PM
yea she surprised serena after not playing her in a while and serena's game was off from previous rds...

that wouldn't happen again...serena's game went off from the qf of the AO and guess who still won the AO...

doesn't hurt that she'd been on holiday while everyone else was grinding their way on the tour.

TRUTH BELOW, September 17 2009:

I think what a lot of people are forgetting is that after being away from the game you tend to forget how to play her. Wait until next year after players have a chance to play her more often it will not be so easy for her. Look at Hingis when she first came back on tour.

I know. Everyone is going on about her like she's the jesus of tennis. Just wait till she gets into the daily wta grind of things and the sh... rubs off on her and she starts losing to people called Makarova, the glow will fade.