PDA

View Full Version : A 6th Wimbledon crown for Venus or a 2nd GS title this year for Serena ?

LightWarrior
Jun 16th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Assuming you're a WS fan. I'm much more of a Serena fan but I'm pretty torn because Venus owns Wimbledon and it would be so well deserved to win a 6th time, being 1 title short of Graf. On the other hand I really want Serena to pass BJK as all-time GS winners. In a perfect world I'd like Venus to win Wimbledon and Serena to win the USO. But I also wish we'll have a real competitive match this year if those 2 were to meet in the finals because the last 2 finals sucked.

AcesHigh
Jun 16th, 2010, 01:45 AM
Assuming you're a WS fan..

So the opinion of non-WS fans arent welcome?

Uranium
Jun 16th, 2010, 01:45 AM
Assuming you're a WS fan. I'm much more of a Serena fan but I'm pretty torn because Venus owns Wimbledon and it would be so well deserved to win a 6th time, being 1 title short of Graf. On the other hand I really want Serena to pass BJK as all-time GS winners. In a perfect world I'd like Venus to win Wimbledon and Serena to win the USO. But I also wish we'll have a real competitive match this year if those 2 were to meet in the finals because the last 2 finals sucked.

2008's final did not suck at all.

Bijoux0021
Jun 16th, 2010, 01:46 AM
:yawn::yawn::yawn:

danieln1
Jun 16th, 2010, 01:47 AM
I want Venus to past Martina´s record, but realistic I think she´ll pass Graf, so I want her to win this year...

tennisphilia
Jun 16th, 2010, 01:48 AM
VENUS to beat SERENA in the finals.

LightWarrior
Jun 16th, 2010, 01:48 AM
2008's final did not suck at all.

Of course it didn't, you're a Venus fan. Let's get real here. Serena sucked in 2008, Venus sucked in 2009. Maybe 3rd time's a charm.

meteor
Jun 16th, 2010, 02:18 AM
eat all the grass you want, this is the only "slam" (if you can consider the conclusion of a four week "season", a slam) either of your crew is winning ever again.

Uranium
Jun 16th, 2010, 02:21 AM
eat all the grass you want, this is the only "slam" (if you can consider the conclusion of a four week "season" a slam) either of your crew is winning ever again.

Firstly, :lol: at the bold. And second, so to you there are only 2 real slams?

DefyingGravity
Jun 16th, 2010, 02:39 AM
I'd much rather have Venus win Wimbledon this year. She hasn't won a slam since 2008. Serena can and probably will take the USO (barring Kim and Justine placement in the draw being real close in proximity).

duhcity
Jun 16th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Venus wins the 2010, 2011, and 2012 Wimbledon and the Gold Medal in the Grass Olympics.

Then we can argue back and forth on who is the better All England Club player, Venus or Navratilova?

Serena y Monica
Jun 16th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Er assuming Venus doesn't choke way early (BIG assumption)...I want her to win.

1jackson2001
Jun 16th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Venus "needs" it more. ;) Serena can go ahead and grab all the other majors as many times as she wants...but leave Wimbledon for Vee :hearts:

Temperenka
Jun 16th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Serena 7-6, 6-4

gc-spurs
Jun 16th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Venus's turn

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 16th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Serena defeats Venus in 2

moby
Jun 16th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Who cares? It will be another family decision.

darrinbaker00
Jun 16th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Who cares? It will be another family decision.
It wasn't funny the first 100,000 times it was posted on this board, and it's not funny now.

moby
Jun 16th, 2010, 05:41 AM
It wasn't funny the first 100,000 times it was posted on this board, and it's not funny now.I just wanted to make Dementieva's presence felt this Wimbledon. :awww:

Gdsimmons
Jun 16th, 2010, 05:43 AM
I dont care whos standing on the other side of the net, I will always want Serena to win it. Plus Venus is turning the big 30 tomorrow. Not that that will matter but still.

bandabou
Jun 16th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Babygirl! Go for no.4 at Wimby...will be the first player since Graf to have won at least 4x at two majors! :eek: History baby!

Midnight_Robber
Jun 16th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Of course it didn't, you're a Venus fan. Let's get real here. Serena sucked in 2008, Venus sucked in 2009. Maybe 3rd time's a charm.

So I've heard. 32 winners and 11 UFEs in 2 sets on grass, in the swirling wind is such an incredibly suck, lacklustre day at the office. What a disgrace by Serena's standards. How poorly she played that day.

And that 14 minute battle where she eventually broke Venus showed just how much she "wasn't really trying" and "didn't really care." I find it hilarious that most of her stats where she 'sucked' in '08 were are actually better than when she beat Venus in '09. Serena fans usually point to the low percentage of points she won on 2nd serves in '08 as 'evidence' as to how "terribly" she played but will never once connect it to fact that it wasn't lack of power or placement on serve, or a 'bad' serving day from Serena (she served very well actually), but that it *gasp* had something to do with her opponent. :eek: Venus was zoning on the returns (the way she did against Sharapova in '05), and also almost knocked her head off with a 129 km serve straight into the body.

Anyway - whatever. I have no idea how either of them are going to do at Wimbledon and don't assume that both or either of them will automatically make it to the finals. But I'd like Venus to play good confident tennis, and win another Wimbledon whoever her opponent is.