PDA

View Full Version : Eastbourne 1R : Elena Baltacha def. (7)Li Na 6-7(6) RET

M.P
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:43 PM
:rolleyes::kiss::hearts:
this is a good choice i think :p

Isn't she win over Maria make her so excited , that's why she will lose the next match ? :hearts:

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:43 PM
:sad:

hope this is a gift to JieJie and to rest for Wimbledon :bigcry:

Modiac.
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Na is obviously avoid something...or someone. :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
WTF happened
watching Brasil so missed it

Baltacha loses 1st set last week retires with heat-stroke and it was bloody cold when she played :o
loses 1st set here opponent retires

:scared: something fishy going on

TTomek
last year Na also retired in Eastbourne :lol:

Daniela-Is-Mine
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Why ?:sad:
Resting up for Wimbledon?

Kworb
Na :shrug:

DarkchildSwiss
really strange that na li retired especially after she won the 1st set.

Joe.
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Its good to see Bally in the 2R, I actually thought she was playing really well.:)

Such a shame for Li though. Get well before Wimbledon. :hug:

no-hay-igual
Avery big shock, i fully expected Baltacha to be the one who retired not the other way around as Baltacha retired last week in Eastbourne. Right decision from Li, hopefully it wont be anything too serious for wimbledon and well done to Baltacha, horrible way to win but a win is a win and at least the set wasnt a whitewash, seemed very tight.

Libertango
SO she fights like a bitch to win the set, and THEN retires?!

:help: :confused: :sad:

Anyway, hope she's OK.

SAISAI-GOAT
Na already receive enough grass court match practice in Birmingham and want to rest Wimbledon

she tried to tank the match to Baltacha but Baltacha would not let her :help:

so Na gift an easy opponent to Jie just like in Warsaw SF :spit:

Hian
Bally :)
Bye bye Ni La, Lni A, Nila, Lina... ehm, Na Li :)

no-hay-igual
*Birmingham even

Sammo
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Muahaha this is extremely delicious

M.P
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Na :cheer:
Jie :cheer:

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:53 PM
OMG... :rolls:
Baltacha' second top-10 win and it's Na Li again. :haha:

And another LOL -- Bally now has more top-10 wins this season than the reigning No.1.

-Sonic-
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:55 PM

Seeing how they were playing, I wouldn't be surprised if this were true!

turtle-rn
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:55 PM
:confused: Hope she'll be ok for Wimbly. :hug:

Monica_Rules
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Not the way i wanted it but hopefully Bally can get to the QF now

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Bally will enter the top 50 if she beats Zheng tomorrow :eek:

BournemouthBoy
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:59 PM
was clear Na Li wasn't fit in the first set, at 2-3 she called for her coach, her asked her how she felt and she didnt look at him or reply, just stoned face, alarmbells were ringing there for me, if she was fit to win she would have replied. She wasn't right.

Gêmeos
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Na just served and move little.She wanted to lose the first set like 2-6 or 3-6 then retired but Baltacha didn't give her the chance..

Randy H
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Na :sad: Hope she's fine for next week

Never a nice way to win, but the points will surely be welcome for Bally :) She's had her share of injury woes throughout her career so a bit of luck her way doesn't hurt

Super Dave
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Go Bally :yeah:

serenus_2k8
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Go Bally :woohoo:

Li Na didnt look too injured to me, think she hoped for an easy match and when Bally took it to her she decided she couldnt bebothere and retired lol :lol:

BournemouthBoy
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:16 PM
did you hear Baltachas coach "she really doesn't need this against the world no.68" thewn Li retired haha

serenus_2k8
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:22 PM
did you hear Baltachas coach "she really doesn't need this against the world no.68" thewn Li retired haha

Yeh that was funny, Bally had a good laugh, they clearly get on really well and it shows. Would be shocked if he said no. 68 tho :p

AdeyC
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Must be the first time for a while we've had 2 British women in 2nd round.

Monzanator
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Epic tankjob :haha:

ViennaCalling
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Na is so nice to Jie :hearts:

Ferg
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Anyone know the reason? :shrug:

At least it was to Baltacha...

Lacrish
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Na didn't feel excited on the court at all,maybe she just tried to find some feelings for TB :devil:
Sensible decision,actually should have withdrawn from Eastbourne at the beginning
Now have a good rest and get ready for the Wimbledon :bounce:

Richie's
Jun 15th, 2010, 09:24 PM
2nd win of Elena against Top 10 Li??

Monica_Rules
Jun 15th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Must be the first time for a while we've had 2 British women in 2nd round.
Um in 2007/8 we had 3 in the 2nd round Baltacha, South and O'Brien

zhengjie_lina
Jun 15th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Baltacha is the luckiest player this year
with the ability like this she can never win

Carotastrophe
Jun 15th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Its a tank ;)
Get ready for Winbledon, Super Na

fridayeggs
Jun 15th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Na Li didn't withdraw from the tournament because she wanted the check for first round match.
Makes me sick.

*Jean*
Jun 16th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Elena :)

Jajaloo
Jun 16th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Anyone know the reason? :shrug:

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8935/tank1m.jpg

:shrug:

Pasta-Na
Jun 16th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Na Li didn't withdraw from the tournament because she wanted the check for first round match.
Makes me sick.

oh pls, she earns a lot of money from her endorsements. :o

Libertango
Jun 16th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Makes me sick.

:tape:

*wheezing from too much laughing*

Beat
Jun 16th, 2010, 07:31 AM

i think you might be right for once :lol:

i don't understand why na entered eastbourne anyway. 4 weeks (and i guess she's hoping to make the 2nd week at wimbledon) of grass tennis in a row is a bit much, isn't it?

hardball
Jun 16th, 2010, 11:15 AM
maybe she was hung over from the beer she had after birmingham? whatever the cause, it's quite bizarre to retire having won 1st set

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 16th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Na :o :shrug:

serenus_2k8
Jun 16th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Baltacha is the luckiest player this year
with the ability like this she can never win

Stupid beyond belief :tape:

These chinese posters/fans really are too much. Bally...lucky :haha:

Ellery
Jun 16th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Stupid beyond belief :tape:

These chinese posters/fans really are too much. Bally...lucky :haha:

You do realize that it wasn't Bally who won the first set, right? :tape:

Marionated
Jun 16th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Why didn't Na just tank the last two points of the tie-break? :rolleyes:

serenus_2k8
Jun 16th, 2010, 12:08 PM
You do realize that it wasn't Bally who won the first set, right? :tape:

I watched the whole of the first set, thanks, and the rest of the match could have gone either way. Li Na never looked like she was enjoying being out there whereas Bally was well up for the fight and had a recent win to encourage her. A first set win does not guarantee a match win so Bally did not need luck to win.

The poster never said Bally was only lucky here, they said all year, which is total BS considering she had to retire just last week with suspected food poisoning. So get your facts right before you put in with your bad reps you irritating little wart.

Ellery
Jun 16th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I watched the whole of the first set, thanks, and the rest of the match could have gone either way. Li Na never looked like she was enjoying being out there whereas Bally was well up for the fight and had a recent win to encourage her. A first set win does not guarantee a match win so Bally did not need luck to win.

The poster never said Bally was only lucky here, they said all year, which is total BS considering she had to retire just last week with suspected food poisoning. So get your facts right before you put in with your bad reps you irritating little wart.

Any time you win a match when your opponent retires in the middle, there is some level of luck involved :shrug: especially when you are not in a winning position. :wavey: Zhengjie_lina was right, as far as this match was concerned, so no need to start launching an attack against Chinese fans/fans of Chinese players in general. :kiss:

serenus_2k8
Jun 16th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Any time you win a match when your opponent retires in the middle, there is some level of luck involved :shrug: especially when you are not in a winning position. :wavey: Zhengjie_lina was right, as far as this match was concerned, so no need to start launching an attack against Chinese fans/fans of Chinese players in general. :kiss:

Li Na was too tired from her efforts last week so couldnt finish the match. What does luck have to do with anything, that was just poor scheduling. If anything, Li would be unlucky, not Bally being lucky since Li Na finishing the match has nothing to do with Bally. Get over it :weirdo:

Zhengzie_lina didnt say she was lucky just as far as this match was concerned so you're incorrect, the poster was not right and neither are you. I didnt launch an attack at all, I just said theyre too much for me and frankly, they need to accept Li and Zheng arent the be all and end all of tennis. If I feel their comments are too much for me thats my problem, not yours. Now stop with your idiocy and leave :wavey:

DeliriousPotato
Jun 16th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I KNEW this was gonna happen.
She has the most snappy body on tour and she wanted to play three tournaments in a row.
:fiery:
Na, you should know better.
Anyway, I'm glad she retired, if she went far in this tournament, she would be exhausted by Wimbledon.

DeliriousPotato
Jun 16th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Makes me sick.

And she deserved it.
Had she lost, she would have won what she actually won.
She won the first set and probably would have won the match, so I want to rephrase what you said and just say: "She missed out on a chance to get a Round 2 check".

I don't know why I'm even arguing, it's just a dumb comment :o