PDA

View Full Version : Eastbourne 1R: Heather Watson def. Aleksandra Wozniak 6-3, 6-2

Sharapovian
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Well Done Heather :woohoo:
Aleks :hug:

1st WTA match win for Heather.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:01 PM
talk about getting an easy draw :lol:
well done Heather and for not making a meal of things

jimbo mack
:eek:

please continue heather!

sdtoot
Great win for Heather.....star of the future.

crazylace01
well done heather :cheer:

Drine
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Wow, well done Miss Watson :yeah:
Aleks :help:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Wozniak moves slower than a steamroller on the grass.
seeing her move on the grass last week was comical

ptitnavet
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:06 PM
:yeah:

jimbo mack
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:06 PM

yeh we get your point, she had a kind draw. so what? she still took the opportunity and she won easily

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:07 PM
yeh we get your point, she had a kind draw. so what? she still took the opportunity and she won easily

i'm glad she won :p

Randy H
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:07 PM

Yet she's still beaten the likes of Kuznetsova and Zheng among others :p

Anyway, congrats to Heather, looks like she's been playing some really good tennis here at Eastbourne :) Have to say I'm quite pleased to see her progressing well, as a lot of people here have been quite critical of her game and felt her US Open Junior win was about as good as it was going to get. Nice to see her proving them wrong with the leaps she's making up the pro ranks :)

Good luck at Wimbledon Aleks :yeah:

RenaSlam.
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Yet she's still beaten the likes of Kuznetsova and Zheng among others :p

Anyway, congrats to Heather, looks like she's been playing some really good tennis here at Eastbourne :) Have to say I'm quite pleased to see her progressing well, as a lot of people here have been quite critical of her game and felt her US Open Junior win was about as good as it was going to get. Nice to see her proving them wrong with the leaps she's making up the pro ranks :)

Good luck at Wimbledon Aleks :yeah:

As if that's a rarity on tour. :tape: :help: :lol: :rolls:

sammy01
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:16 PM
when i met heather in birmingham i said to her why didn't she play qualies there like robson was and she said because they offered her the wildcard, i kind of made it obvious which i thought was better.

so robson qualifies in birmingham and wins a MD match, and heather loses her 1st match in birmingham. this week robson got the wildcard and loses 1st match in den bosch and heather qualifies and wins a MD match in eastbourne. it really is no coincidence this happened, they are both still so young and need the experience and confidence of playing and winning qualies at this stage in their careers.

id rather both were in wimbledon qualies to.

still well done heather, nice win.

Randy H
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:17 PM
As if that's a rarity on tour. :tape: :help: :lol: :rolls:

Serena didn't seem to have much luck trying it that time last year :tape: :angel:

NoChokes
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Great win for the future world number 2. ;)

cellophane
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Aleks :o

Gotta to see Heather play

steph1982
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Congrats Heather :worship: I would like to see her play.
Aleks :hug: Good luck in Wimbledon :cheer:

GreenGrass
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Aleks :sobbing:

timafi
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:45 PM
good riddance fatso:bigwave:

Inger67
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Good job Heather! Nice to see a junior climb the ranks, nearly breaking top 250 now. And also wins me some money :hearts:

Marionated
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Well done Heather :yeah:
Looking foward to see you play at Wimbledon.

GAGAlady
Jun 15th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Serena didn't seem to have much luck trying it that time last year :tape: :angel:

hes right tho, svetlana is hardly consistently great, she shows up in flashes/

Im so diss. in Alek. Her movement is just terrible, its not just bad its really bad!!

She will never improve her game OR her ranking if she refuses to run....she has to be able to move on that court, no player these days will hit into your zone every time...shes really running out of options.

She hits a nice ball, but she needs to get fitter and faster:help:

Elwin.
Jun 15th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Aleks :spit:
But what a win for the young Brit :yeah:

Monica_Rules
Jun 15th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Great stuff Heather. Knew she had a chance here

simonsaystennis
Jun 15th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Good job Heather!! Hope to see her play at Wimbledon! :)

Joe.
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:14 PM
OMG im so happy.:sobbing:

Cant wait to see Heather vs Vika. Hopefully it will be a good match.:D

Well Done Heather! :yeah:

Belmont Lad
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Oh Aleks :(

Dav.
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:41 PM
good riddance fatso:bigwave:

that's so mean. :tape: Aleks is a sweet girl. :shrug:

Wintermute
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:50 PM
:yeah: Very nice result for Heather. I really want to see her play. Hopefully at Wimbledon.

Sasja
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Well done Heather :)

Slutiana
Jun 15th, 2010, 09:40 PM
talk about getting an easy draw :lol:
well done Heather and for not making a meal of things
I saw Wozniak this week and she was playing well. :shrug:

THAT'S MY GIRL. :worship: First top 50 win and first SE PeakWTA MD win, hopefully the first of many. KILL AZARENKA! :armed: Stepping out of Robson's shadow.

Can't believe they still didn't put her on CC, BTW.

Ellery
Jun 15th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Aleks :hug:

phelbyn
Jun 15th, 2010, 09:48 PM
that's so mean. :tape: Aleks is a sweet girl. :shrug:

I second that... calling Aleks fatso is just pathetically childish. I wonder how fit some of these posters are? Truthfully Aleks has not had a super season, BUT she still remains within the top 50 or so. She does have enough consistency. And she is by far the only threat from Canada, so let's give her a break and hope for the best. She can gain some mondo points at Wimbledon if she has a decent draw. She should be able to win a match or two.

.Andrew.
Jun 15th, 2010, 10:17 PM

I'm actually surprised though, I've watched Heather plenty and have not been as impressed as others. :p But if she continues to play like this, I guess I will have to take better note of her. Well done on a great win! :yeah:

Didn't Aleks make semis last year? :help:

Slutiana
Jun 15th, 2010, 10:31 PM

I'm actually surprised though, I've watched Heather plenty and have not been as impressed as others. :p But if she continues to play like this, I guess I will have to take better note of her. Well done on a great win! :yeah:

Didn't Aleks make semis last year? :help:
When did you last see her? Believe me, most people who had seen her have all talked about how crap she is. But she seems to be improving so much in such a short space of time. I saw her in January for the first time and was pretty impressed, now 5 months on she is a completely different player.

Dave.
Jun 15th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Heather :bounce: :yeah: :worship:

Laura WHO?

It is annoying she's not on CC, when you'd think her match vs Azarenka would be put on there over any of the scheduled matches tbh. :shrug: (Istomin vs Almagro, why? or that all-British doubles :tape:)

I suppose it's better that way though. Given the serious amount of hype/attention Robson gets, I like that Heather is still under the radar.