PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon Probably A Mess ???

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:49 PM
#3 SEED Caro Wozniacki not capture the form that brought her the Eastbourne title last year

#7 SEED Aga Radwanska slumping

#10 SEED Flavia "Sucketta" Pennetta can't beat Marankova

#15 SEED Yanina Wickmayer just lost to #10 16 16

just watch, these four players will be drawn into the same quarter :sobbing:

RenaSlam.
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:51 PM
#3 SEED Caro Wozniacki not capture the form that brought her the Eastbourne title last year

The GOATs will all be in the same quarter I'm sure. Somehow :rolleyes:

Then there will be an extremely shitty quarter/half that derives from the 1st week of upsets.

goldenlox
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Besides the Williams sisters, I dont think any early round upsets would be surprising. Maybe Kim is solid, but most of these seeds can lose to a lot of players

The 2nd Law
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:55 PM
The ITF should fine any player that dares to win a game against Ivanovic. Even Serena might run out of money eventually :lol: This would not only fix Wimbledon, but the entire roadmap. :p

Libertango
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:56 PM
I'm not sure these ladies playing well would make it UNmessy.

miffedmax
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Wimbledon is a) a men's tournament this year and b) a footnote to World Cup.

Ferg
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:59 PM
At least Serena and Venus are seeds #1 and #2. Phew.

wildemu
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:11 PM
either serena or venus will win it for sure. So, wimbledon won't be a mess after all :)

Kworb
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Serena will beat one top 30 player on her way to the title.

danieln1
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:33 PM
It wonīt be worse than Roland Garros, thatīs for sure... RG was a complete mess

RenaSlam.
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Serena will beat one top 30 player on her way to the title.

Venus in the final :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

mr_burns
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:44 PM
lena is missing, so you are right

can't be worse than wozniakis half at the us open this year, so I am optimistic and the world cup might comfort some people

can't wait for NY

Matt01
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:52 PM

Yeah, because your fave isn't there this time :lol: :tape:

Gdsimmons
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:55 PM
It wonīt be worse than Roland Garros, thatīs for sure... RG was a complete mess

True that!!
Thank goodness Serena and Venus are on OPPOSITE sides

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:58 PM
the draw isnt even out yet, wait till it is, then say how shit its gonna be :yeah:

TennisFanForever
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:59 PM
At least Serena and Venus are seeds #1 and #2. Phew.

exactly what I was about to say. And we can count on them, at Wimbly, not to mess up the draw.
Hopefully they stay far away from the belgians, Grasspova and some others!

but RG draw was a mess too, with the 4 favorites in the same half (Serena, Justine, JJ & Sam) and none of them won the title :lol:

2Black
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Serena would have to have a completely horrible day or someone playing out of their mind for her to lose this tourney. Elena played lights out last year in the semis & still lost...

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:36 PM
its not a mess
its only a mess when grass clowns win a match or two or they fluke a title like Nadull did.

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:47 PM
and Fran Schiavone as #5 SEED :spit:

50% chance Caro will be in same quarter as Fran or Aga :rolls:

HardCandy
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Well hopefully these players will get the unseeded and looming players like Szavay, Vinci, Tanasugarn, Date-Krumm, Dokic, Kanepi, Chakvetadze in the first round.

danieln1
Jun 15th, 2010, 05:07 PM
exactly what I was about to say. And we can count on them, at Wimbly, not to mess up the draw.
Hopefully they stay far away from the belgians, Grasspova and some others!

but RG draw was a mess too, with the 4 favorites in the same half (Serena, Justine, JJ & Sam) and none of them won the title :lol:

Neither one of the Williams are losing to Maria, Kim or Justine... There will be a Williams final..

MAGIKARPETTA
Jun 15th, 2010, 05:10 PM

so the conclusion is that Na Li will win Wimbledon :confused:4
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dav.
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Lucic-Sprem final :worship:

Gregorio87
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Lucic-Sprem final :worship:

Yes, it's the perfect example for a mess final:lol:

Dav.
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Yes, it's the perfect example for a mess final:lol:

The poor linesmen and ballkids would be taken out on stretchers. :lol:

Larrybidd
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Serena would have to have a completely horrible day or someone playing out of their mind for her to lose this tourney. Elena played lights out last year in the semis & still lost...

Either of those things has a decent chance of happening (witness the 2010 RG). If things in sport were totally predicable I wouldn't watch. This is a GOOD thing.

People, nobody knows with any certainty whats going to happen, and that's because the talent is spread around more than ever in the history of the game. If you want a more predictable sport, forget about woman's tennis and find another diversion.

sweetpeas
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:55 PM
the draw isnt even out yet, wait till it is, then say how shit its gonna be

So true! Thanks..

faboozadoo15
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:00 PM
When do the seeds even come out? Jumping the gun a bit, aren't we?

Matt01
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:10 PM
its not a mess
its only a mess when grass clowns win a match or two or they fluke a title like Nadull did.

Nadal is hardly a grass clown...:lol:

TennisFanForever
Jun 15th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Neither one of the Williams are losing to Maria, Kim or Justine... There will be a Williams final..

that's probably true but I would like them to have a chance to play against Serenus in SF, not in 3rd or 4th... and not to have a random player in SF because one of the quarters is ridiculously poor, which happens too much often.

young_gunner913
Jun 15th, 2010, 08:13 PM

Didnt know grapes could be more sour then lemons. :p

the_tk
Jun 15th, 2010, 08:21 PM
It doesn't really matter what all the other players will do in the upcoming tournaments until Wimbledon.
The name "Williams" is already on the title

LightWarrior
Jun 15th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Not to mention Schiavone seeded 5. The WTA rankings is not what it should be be. That's there can be a very lopsided draw in women's GS tournament . This NEVER happens in the men's draw.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 15th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Cant wait for seeds to come out, should be interesting

SVK
Jun 15th, 2010, 09:29 PM
bigger mess = better tournament for me

faboozadoo15
Jun 15th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Cant wait for seeds to come out, should be interesting

I thought that was today...

stangtennis
Jun 15th, 2010, 09:35 PM
And everyone said the half with Stosur would easily win French Open. It was just a question if it would be Serena, Henin, Sharapova, Jankovic or Stosur.
The one meeting them in the final from the other half would not stand a chance.
Look how that turned out.

DefyingGravity
Jun 15th, 2010, 09:56 PM
As long as Clijsters can get to a quarter final, Ana can win A match, Sharapova can get into the second week without a Justine...I'll be good, and the draw would be okay.

50Sense
Jun 15th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Either of those things has a decent chance of happening (witness the 2010 RG). If things in sport were totally predicable I wouldn't watch. This is a GOOD thing.

People, nobody knows with any certainty whats going to happen, and that's because the talent is spread around more than ever in the history of the game. If you want a more predictable sport, forget about woman's tennis and find another diversion.

How are Serena's RG results any more indicative of her Wimbledon results this year than any other year? Haven't we already stopped playing that game? :confused:

Gdsimmons
Jun 15th, 2010, 10:30 PM
How are Serena's RG results any more indicative of her Wimbledon results this year than any other year? Haven't we already stopped playing that game? :confused:

You think people would learn by now that Serena can totally fuck up @ the French and then two weeks later, totally rock it at the all England club . Never learn

RenaSlam.
Jun 15th, 2010, 10:43 PM
I thought that was today...

Tomorrow, the 16th.

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 15th, 2010, 11:06 PM
If RG was a mess then I really passionately hope Wimbledon is even messier although I very much doubt it will be.

Matt01
Jun 15th, 2010, 11:19 PM
It doesn't really matter what all the other players will do in the upcoming tournaments until Wimbledon.
The name "Williams" is already on the title

:yawn:

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 15th, 2010, 11:20 PM
LOL @ Williams fans in this thread thinking Venus and Serena are lock for the final :happy:

Nadal never lost at RG until 2009 :secret:

tennisbum79
Jun 15th, 2010, 11:44 PM
With akk due respect to the players listed, but their absence will have no impact on the tournament.

Sp!ffy
Jun 16th, 2010, 12:34 AM
I'm sorry but I cant see venus winning another GS with her sister still playing.

Uranium
Jun 16th, 2010, 12:38 AM
I'm sorry but I cant see venus winning another GS with her sister still playing.

Well then you're blind.

Sp!ffy
Jun 16th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Well then you're blind.

I'm not really going to try to argue whatever you say considering youre a VW fan and obviously you think she'll win a million more Wimbledons or whatever else...just like how Venus was supposed to take RG. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Caralenko
Jun 16th, 2010, 08:52 AM
I'm not really going to try to argue whatever you say considering youre a VW fan and obviously you think she'll win a million more Wimbledons or whatever else...just like how Venus was supposed to take RG. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And so was Sharapova :help:

Sp!ffy
Jun 16th, 2010, 08:58 AM
And so was Sharapova :help:

She was??? :eek: I'm not that sort of Maria fan, sorry. :rolleyes:

Hardiansf
Jun 16th, 2010, 09:32 AM
LOL @ Williams fans in this thread thinking Venus and Serena are lock for the final :happy:

Nadal never lost at RG until 2009 :secret:
Exactly :mad: Knowing what (most of) Williams fan thought about Vee or Ree will dominate this Slam made me more nervous :fiery:.
2004 and 2006 still can happen again.
There are Justine, Kim, Sam, Li Na, Jie, Maria, etc who have a chance to grab the title. After Schiavone run at RG title, people should not only focus on the BIG favourite name only.
And I'm not talk about those player chances compare with Vee or Ree.
The chance still Vee > Ree >>>>>>>>>>>>> other players :p
But Vee can lost to anyone at the first week, and Serena... well, if she played like RG QF or USO SF then :help:

The Witch-king
Jun 16th, 2010, 10:26 AM

yeah and what makes a Venus fan more objective than a Venus hater utah as yourself