PDA

View Full Version : Eastbourne Rd1: Kim Clijsters d. Yanina Wickmayer 6-1 6-1

Libertango
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:40 PM
erm ... :help:

Wickmayer was AWFUL, played like she's never stepped foot on a grass court before. Was there something up??

Welcome back Kim! :D

RenaSlam.
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:41 PM
3 DFs in the last game from Wickmayer. :tape:

She even gave Saint Kim a bitch handshake. Damn, I can't wait until her USO points come off :worship: :worship: :worship:

Go on, Kim.

VIKA?
She is so gonna win this tournament.

Mikey.
:lol: Welcome back, Kim. :yeah:

Kworb
:yeah: Great result. Welcome back, Kim.

TheBoiledEgg
Yanina was like a scared rabbit caught in headlights
she got the heebie-jeebies before match started and got worse :o :o

that was abysmal

NA-GOAT
embarassing result for SEWTA that #9 defeat #16 61 61 :tape:

The 2nd Law
Wow :)I missed you Kim!

Beat
nice beatdown! :D

wickmayer: queen of classy handshakes :worship:

Huntress55
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Well done Kim :D

cellophane
Great stuff, Kim. :yeah:

Yanina was bad though

_Cell-chuk
Pathetic display from Wickmayer.

She wasn't playing like this when she played against Henin. She was running everywhere and getting everything back, also finishing points off whenever she can.

Today against her big sister Clijsters, she did nothing. No movement, no consistency on the groundstrokes. This is totally unacceptable.

olivero
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:44 PM
routine win for Kim :)

Shinjiro
Good one Kim.

sammy01
kim was for the most part striking the ball really well. think she struggled to stay focussed at times as wickmayer was putting up no resistance.

wickmayers hand shake was really bad, kim should have a word with her in the lockeroom about respect and how to show it.

Geoffry
Wow, what a trashing! :speakles:

Go on to win the title, Kim! :D

TheBoiledEgg
Pathetic display from Wickmayer.

She wasn't playing like this when she played against Henin. .

Henin is a Walloon, so it was war :o

Vikapower
Wickmayer is so overrated. :tape: Everytime I get to see the girl on TV its always a welcome to an error party fest for tennis sadomasochist's. :lol: After Rezaï, now, that, one really has to love tennis to death to inflict themselves such pain. :help:

Elwin.
Awful Yanina :help:

-NAJ-
No kiss at the end???

Good job Kim

Libertango
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:46 PM
wickmayers hand shake was really bad, kim should have a word with her in the lockeroom about respect and how to show it.

It wasn't THAT bad - we've seen worse - but yea, Yanina is no saint when it comes to sportsmanship. Did Kim go to lean in and say something to Nina; I thought I saw her racquet go to touch Yanina's back, but she;'d gone; she just seemed to be left at the net as Yanina shook hands with the umpire; or did I see that wrong?

NyCPsU
:banana:

How does Wickmayer have fans? :tape:

The 2nd Law
Yanina was super impressive at the Australian Open. What's happened since then? Maybe being an Ana fan has lowered my standards of 'impressive' ...

Marionated
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Great to see Kim back :hearts: Awesome scoreline :drool:

Yanina :wavey:

AnnaK_4ever
Wickmayer was her awful self so it's hard to make anything out of this 'match'. The Safarova encounter will be much more telling regarding Kim's form at the moment.

TS
Yanina doesn't get beaten like this very often. I mean, she gets beaten often, but not like *this*

Kim showed her who's boss and slapped her round I'm sure.

friendsita
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:49 PM
6-1 x2 lol

Hashim.
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Nicely done:hearts:
Great to see Kim back:hug:

<Sven>
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:51 PM
WOW, I wasn't expecting such a smackdown!
Good to see Kim back at full speed. Although I was hoping for more of a fight from Yanina.
I guess she was a bit nervous about their first meeting?

sammy01
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:51 PM
It wasn't THAT bad - we've seen worse - but yea, Yanina is no saint when it comes to sportsmanship. Did Kim go to lean in and say something to Nina; I thought I saw her racquet go to touch Yanina's back, but she;'d gone; she just seemed to be left at the net as Yanina shook hands with the umpire; or did I see that wrong?

it was, kim leaned in to say something and wickmayer blanked her and stormed off.

Mashabator
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Nina :o WTF

#kArLoS#
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Pretty bad for Nina,but honestly I expected this.No shocking.

Nina could win a few games more in the 3rd,but Kim saved all the BPs.It was or return UE or winner after a good serve :tape:

The last game :haha: :sobbing:

As for Kim,I don´t mind if she wins the title(and I´m quite sure she will).Her grass game in enjoyable :)

The belgian matches so far this season:
1.Kim.She is 3-0(defeated Justine in Brissy & Miami,Yanina there)
2.Justine.3-2(lost to Kim twice,defeated Yanina twice(AO,Stuttgart) and Kirsten in the AO too)
3.Kirsten.0-1(lost to Justine at AO)
4.Yanina.0-3(lost to Justine twice,and to Kim today) :help:

#kArLoS#
Jun 15th, 2010, 01:58 PM
:banana:

How does Wickmayer have fans? :tape:

:rolleyes:

How does trolls are allowed to post here?

Ferg
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:00 PM
What a beatdown! :eek:

iPatty
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Classic Clijsters beatdown.

I didn't think Wickmayer would dare give a bitchy handshake to Clijsters but she did and stormed off the court once again. It's just funny really, how deluded she is about her own level of play.

mure
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:05 PM
"Classy" Klijsters forgot the kisses on the cheek when she got her ass handed on a plate by Petrova...easy to look good when your compatriots just bend over

SELVEN
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Kim WD, be careful your foot

Effy
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:07 PM
nice slap

danieln1
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:09 PM
"Classy" Klijsters forgot the kisses on the cheek when she got her ass handed on a plate by Petrova...easy to look good when your compatriots just bend over

This.

But Wickmayer should at least showed some respect for Clijsters and done a proper handshake, since Kim is one of the nicest on the tour bla bla bla... But Wickmayer is irritating, especially at handshakes...

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Kimmy :yeah: The scoreline :drool:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Well done Kim. :D

I'm so happy for Yanina. :yeah:

Robert-KimClijst
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:14 PM

Did you see the handshake? Kim may not have leaned in and gave her the two kisses but she looked Petrova straight in the eye and shook her hand for more than just a second. Kim also says something like "good match" I think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ7gm8xWur0 You can watch from 7:10.

Monzanator
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Epic score :worship: So much for Wickmayer being Belgian #1 :lol:

sammy01
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:21 PM

erm WTF kim shook her hand and said well played to her. it was the worst loss scorewise of kim's career and she still was gracious enough to say well played.

Belmont Lad
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Kim is back with a vengeance! :hearts:

Ferg
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:24 PM
That Petrova handshake mightnt be gracious by Clijsters high standards but its still more gracious than 95% of the other WTA handshakes. :lol:

wateva
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:28 PM
what your nick should be since you are spewing that all over the forum. ;)

Vamos Feńa
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:38 PM
:haha: :hearts: Love it :yeah: I hope Wickmayer draws Dulko in 1r and loses, of course if Dulko won't be seeded ;)

Carotastrophe
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Kim :eek: She's back again

AnDrEi.b
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Well done Kim !

tonybotz
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Glad to see KiCli give Nina a beat down - this girl really feels entitled, huh?

terjw
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:26 PM
WD Kim. Now Kim - win the tourny. Watched the 1st set and Kim was always in control. Glad to see the result. Can't say I'm surprised from the way the 1st set looked. Nice easy match for Kim to get back into. Expect it to get tougher. Going to Eastbourne tomorrow till Friday so want to see her win every day. :hearts:

darkangel23
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Kim :D

hankqq
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:27 PM
:spit:
anyway, wb Kim :wavey: :lol: hopefully her foot is all healed :)

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:28 PM
That was a really ugly match from Wichmayer. I know I have said this before, but for a tall girl, she has a shockingly mediocre serve.

I hope Kim wins this title :).

narutos
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:31 PM
erm WTF kim shook her hand and said well played to her. it was the worst loss scorewise of kim's career and she still was gracious enough to say well played.

Yeah and cople of hours later in her ITW we all know what she said:rolleyes:

sammy01
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Yeah and cople of hours later in her ITW we all know what she said:rolleyes:

that she played crap and petrova played well, which is what happened. so go on try again to try and make kim look bad it aint happening. :wavey:

narutos
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:37 PM
that she played crap and petrova played well, which is what happened. so go on try again to try and make kim look bad it aint happening. :wavey:

I don't have to I know Kim was sometimes upset about her matches and then didn't even bother to smile at the net too. It happens to every player.

sammy01
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I don't have to I know Kim was sometimes upset about her matches and then didn't even bother to smile at the net too. It happens to every player.

show me any of kim's loses where she has been a mardy bitch at net on the handshake like wickmayer today? you wont, shes got way more class than that :wavey:

GreenGrass
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Wickmayer is soooo overrated :o

The Dawntreader
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Crappy conditions. Clijsters playing percentage-ilk tennis almost exclusively, which of course was more than good enough. No real tests of the actual state of her game really, due to the total suckage that flowed from Wickmayer's racquet. Still looked agile and accurate off the ground, which is probably what she hoped would be the case.

Wickmayer is looking increasingly generic for me. Movement looks cumbersome, unable to turn sharply and then subsequently gets wrong-footed. Wickmayer's technique is obviously aided by confidence, because without, she looks so rudimentary. So much extreme fluctuation with her racquet-grip from backhand to forehand- urggh.

narutos
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:48 PM
show me any of kim's loses where she has been a mardy bitch at net on the handshake like wickmayer today? you wont, shes got way more class than that :wavey:

I didn't even go there I said she wasn't even smiling not a cold bitch that's for sure. And Wickamyer was probably not happy about what she showed so I guess I can understand her reaction who btw wasn't very bitchy.

Uranus
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:50 PM
I fear Yanina still isn't over last week's defeat to Riske.

Kim proves she could be dominating the Tour if she wasn't a part-timer and was completely focused all the time.

embarassing result for SEWTA that #9 defeat #16 61 61 :tape:
What about #1 Safina at last year's Wimbly? ;)

azmad_88
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/Sarah87/Eastbourne%202010/media_xl_3740903.jpg

narutos
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/Sarah87/Eastbourne%202010/media_xl_3740903.jpg

What a mardy bitch:lol:

supergrunt
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:54 PM
:(

maxomax
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Welcome back Kim :D
I didn't expect an easy win like this!!

Yanina :lol: So pathetic!! I can' wait either that her Us Open points drop off :D

DefyingGravity
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Game, set, match Miss Clijsters.

What was up with Wicky!!!????? Bad handshake to match bad play....get your stuff together girl!!!

Kim, hope this is a good sign for Wimbledon. I want you to do well so you can stop being this dangerous 4th round opponent and start meeting top players in quarters and semis.

Slutati
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Fantastic job, Yanina. :hearts: Please keep this up!

Break My Rapture
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Another classless handshake. Who does she think is?

Kim. :yeah:

bandabou
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Hmm...Yanina is becoming more hype than hope right now. What's with these scorelines?

gmak
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Kim :yeah: :hug: welcome back girl :D :)
win this ;)

Yanina :o looked beaten before the match started :shrug:
a fan of hers but i didn't like the handshake with Kim

A-Bond
Jun 15th, 2010, 05:11 PM
kim was for the most part striking the ball really well. think she struggled to stay focussed at times as wickmayer was putting up no resistance.

Exactly I hate that attitude, I mean she's really a bad loser. I don't care if she acts like this against Rodionova or Rezai but Kim always helped Yanina and they are good friends, so I excected Yanina to be nicer at the net :(

John.
Jun 15th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Welcome back Kim :yeah:

cn ireland
Jun 15th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Welcome back Kim:bounce:

LudwigDvorak
Jun 15th, 2010, 05:45 PM
To everyone who thinks Clijsters is playing well after this result. Not saying that she isn't, but this win is TOTALLY non-conclusive. It answers to real questions about her form.

Stop overreacting please.

Graf~Dokic
Jun 15th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Kim... :) :yeah: Solid win. She hadn't to do much for that win, because Yanina was terrible today. :o

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Wickmayer is so f*cking useless!

Can't stand her.

Hurry up and arrive US Open. I want this stupid cow's inflated ranking to drop!

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Wickmayer is a statistical anomaly. All other players in the top-30 have at least four top-10 wins in the WTA events. Wickmayer has none.

rickxx
Jun 15th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Kim:yeah:

Rome
Jun 15th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Wickmayer is a statistical anomaly. All other players in the top-30 have at least four top-10 wins in the WTA events. Wickmayer has none.

Because most of the player she face in the later rounds of say the Us Open were wild cards or useless top 40 players but she has push henin and the way to beat henin. The only way to beat an inform Kim is to blow her off the court. A Hard thing to do because she can Defend and also blow you off the court better than any player playing right now.

.Andrew.
Jun 15th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Kim, showing these players how to really play. :yeah:

If Kuzzy doesn't take the title, I hope Kim does! :)

Wicky :lol: So overrated at this point. :lol:

Corswandt
Jun 15th, 2010, 11:35 PM
To everyone who thinks Clijsters is playing well after this result. Not saying that she isn't, but this win is TOTALLY non-conclusive. It answers to real questions about her form.

Stop overreacting please.

I thought Kimberley played very solid. :shrug: Good performance for someone who hadn't played a competitive match in so long, at least. Good ROS, quite consistent off the ground, but then again she knew that she didn't need to kick into fourth, let alone fifth, gear to beat Wickmayer handily. Something of a glitch midway through the 2nd set, but served well when it mattered.

As for Wickmayer, as I was watching her I was thinking that she seemed much more comfortable on grass than Rezai, even though she was getting whipped. It's now fairly obvious that Wickmayer's generic high % ballbashing is useless against quality opposition. Her serve fell completely apart, but it's not like it would do that much damage against Clijsters.

Corswandt
Jun 15th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Wickmayer is looking increasingly generic for me. Movement looks cumbersome, unable to turn sharply and then subsequently gets wrong-footed. Wickmayer's technique is obviously aided by confidence, because without, she looks so rudimentary. So much extreme fluctuation with her racquet-grip from backhand to forehand- urggh.

Wickmayer's technique being so no-frills and basic is actually an advantage for her.

She gets wrongfooted a lot not because of poor movement (it's OK for a player of her size), but due to lack of court sense and instinct for good positioning (like say Vögele has) IMO.

The Dawntreader
Jun 15th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Wickmayer's technique being so no-frills and basic is actually an advantage for her.

She gets wrongfooted a lot not because of poor movement (it's OK for a player of her size), but due to lack of court sense and instinct for good positioning (like say Vögele has) IMO.

She's so gangly on the run. Flailing with her arms and legs.

Kinda like a Venus Williams -100.

tennisphilia
Jun 16th, 2010, 12:28 AM
erm ... :help:

Wickmayer was AWFUL, played like she's never stepped foot on a grass court before. Was there something up??

Welcome back Kim! :D

Great result for Kim - playing in her 1st grass tournament since her un-retirement.

Halepsova
Jun 16th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Kim! :D

rommel99
Jun 16th, 2010, 05:19 AM
go kim

Beat
Jun 16th, 2010, 07:29 AM

it looks like kim wants to hold on to wickmayer's hand and say: LOOK ME IN THE EYES, YOU UNRULY BRAT! ;)