PDA

View Full Version : Iva in Zurich!!!!

TS
Oct 12th, 2002, 04:57 AM
Next stop is Zurich and this time lets hope Iva can at least reach the QF! She has a fair amount of points to defend (about 90 or so) after she qualified last year and beat ASV (who was then in top 15 I think) before losing in round 2. Lets hope she gets a good draw.

Anyway, Iva hasnt had great indoor season results since about 1997....I remember she used to kick ass in these, but obviously the competition is a lot tougher now...but still I dont understand why she doesnt perform as well as she used to in these events :(

Come on Iva, please pick up the pace and get some wins on the board :D :kiss:

Master Lu
Oct 12th, 2002, 06:32 AM
she has 118 poits to defend till the end of the year. where did those come from!? yuck. really didn't need those coming off...

lol

good luck Iva

Master Lu
Oct 12th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Iva has Dokic in the first round. It's a great chance to farm some points.
hehe When I woke up and remembered the draw is out, the first player that came to my mind that I wanted for Iva is Jelena. :p
After Jelena there's Sugiyama or a Q - beatable. And then ther's JenJen. Have they ever played?

croat123
Oct 12th, 2002, 09:30 PM
I remember that iva and jen played in miami a couple of years ago when both players were in a slump and jen won in two tight sets.

GOOD LUCK IVA!

I'm going to post a "beat a top ranked player" cheering thread because Iva won a match after i posted the "win a match" cheering thread!

Johny
Oct 12th, 2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Master Lu
Iva has Dokic in the first round. It's a great chance to farm some points.
hehe When I woke up and remembered the draw is out, the first player that came to my mind that I wanted for Iva is Jelena. :p
After Jelena there's Sugiyama or a Q - beatable. And then ther's JenJen. Have they ever played?

I agree with you for 1st and 2nd round but are you sure that JenJen will be in QF? She has to pass 2nd round first (remember what happened this week). If Iva manages to beat JenJen in QF maybe she will manage to get into masters. Is that still possible (with the points I mean)?

Master Lu
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:14 PM
If she gets to the semis, and beats Dokic, Sugiyama and JenJen on the way she'd get to 1232 points in the race. Not good enough. Around 18th. If she followed up with a very good Linz result, then perhaps. It's theoretically posible, but very unlikely. :sad:

xcrtbckhnd
Oct 13th, 2002, 12:14 AM
I've got to go one match at a time with Iva and not look too far forward at this point. Beating Jelena is certainly possible, but it won't be easy. Iva has beaten her before and that is always a good sign! I hope she can do it again and get to the Quarters here!!!! Good luck IVA!!!!

croat123
Oct 13th, 2002, 12:41 PM
qualifying for the masters is really straight forward...
iva has to win her next 10 matches in a row and she is in, guarenteed. :D

Johny
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Master Lu
If she gets to the semis, and beats Dokic, Sugiyama and JenJen on the way she'd get to 1232 points in the race. Not good enough. Around 18th. If she followed up with a very good Linz result, then perhaps. It's theoretically posible, but very unlikely. :sad:

I guess I like to quote you Master Lu. :)

Well 18 is good since Hingis won't play masters for sure and you can always count that one other will drop (either one of the Williams sisters or maybe Monica). But first Iva has to beat Jelena! BTW. Correct me if I'm wrong but last year even 19th or 20th played at masters!

TS
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Well I am a horrible jinx so I wont comment on the match/es

All Im going to say is come on Iva, please do well here and show everyone youve still got it :) :) :)

There, thats all ;)

croat123
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:21 PM
well, the qualifiers have been placed and a bad draw became just a bit worse :o

If Iva beats Jelena, she will face the winner of Sugiyama and Stevenson (who qualified).
This is pretty bad because Ai will lose to Alexandra and Iva won't get as many bonus points for beating Alexandra as she would for Ai. I think I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. BTW, is the schedule of play out for tomorrow?

Master Lu
Oct 13th, 2002, 06:42 PM
hehe Well, I made a slight mistake. I didn't count Filderschtad points, so it'd be around 1300 points. Maleeva lost and is staying at 14something. Smashnova won, though. Dementieva is at 17 with 13-something, so it is possible. Not sure why would the Wx2 withdraw, though.

Anyway, go Iva! :)

croat123
Oct 13th, 2002, 06:46 PM
Iva-Jelena will be on EUROSPORT tomorrow!!!!!

SuperG
Oct 13th, 2002, 10:38 PM
hi guys, i dont want to be offensive, but dont you think you are a bit to optimistic?

Jelena Dokic is the number 5 of the world!!!!!

SuperG
www.Jelena-Dokic.com

Master Lu
Oct 13th, 2002, 11:10 PM
Because Jelena is 6th, and was 9th last week, not 5th. Because she's in a terrible slump, or has burned out cause of all the tourneys she played. And finally, because Iva beat her while Jelena was playing much better then now, and Iva was nowhere on the comeback radar.

caramel
Oct 14th, 2002, 07:03 AM
Come on Iva and beat Dokic!!! :bounce: Itīs so easy to beat Jelena these days , even my 90 years old Grandpa would be able to defeat her. :wavey:

:hearts: GO IVA MAJOLI GO ;)

Glyn
Oct 14th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Well, even a burned out and slumping Jelena has still overcome Iva. I guess Jelena can't be playing that bad after all?

SuperG
Oct 14th, 2002, 08:53 PM
Iva has Dokic in the first round, its a great chance to farm some points.....

its not you idiot!!!!!!

hopefully that first set will stay in your mind, until your useless body is 6 feet under.....

[quote]i agree with you for the first round

you are the same "brain" arent you?

if she gets to the semis, and beat Jelena, Sugijama and JenJen

dream on

if Iva beats Jelena, she will face the winner....

and if she doesnt she goes home and cries....

Iva-Jelena will be on eurosport, tomorrow

not even that was right

its so easy to beat dokic these days, even my 90 year old grandpa would be able to defeat her

so you better go and support your grandpa, you brick

croat123
Oct 14th, 2002, 08:59 PM
Shut up SuperG! This is Iva's forum so get out!

vutt
Oct 14th, 2002, 09:14 PM
Hey you SuperG and Glyn!!

Guys like you are giving bad name for Jelena fans! :mad:

Iva put up today good fight in 2nd set. She was formidable opponent for Jelena. I'm sure Iva will do well in tournament. Good luck...

Peace...

TS
Oct 14th, 2002, 10:43 PM
Ugh I had a feeling this might happen :(

SuperG....yes this is Iva's forum....a place where we can say whatever the hell we choose....stay the hell out if you are going to retaliate with childish bullshit.

If anyone wants me to use my super powers and edit his post just tell me :p

TS
Oct 14th, 2002, 10:46 PM
Oh and also caramel, I wouldnt go saying things like that as they have a tendency to come back and haunt the rest of us that post here regularly...

Glyn
Oct 14th, 2002, 10:49 PM
Hey Vutt, I haven't said anything bad, I just don't like it when the players I like are bad mouthed.

As for the rest of you. WTAworld is a public board, and if Jelena is playing a player, then sometimes we like to come over to see what the other player's fans are saying, because it's always interesting to see things from the other side, but when you continually slag off Dokic, then we have the right to retaliate, whether it's an Iva forum or not. We came here in good spirit, hoping to see some nice people and respectful posts, and all we got was bias views and ridicilous insults towards Jelena.

I'm sorry if we've upset you, we won't be coming back the next time the pair meet, so you can keep on slagging players off amongst yourselves.

Glyn!

TS
Oct 14th, 2002, 10:53 PM
Glyn, personally I have no problem with what you posted...but quite frankly I didnt see the problem in what some people were saying in here either. Since when was saying Iva has a chance to beat a possibly burnt out Jelena, a cardinal sin? Ridiculous insults? Anyway, congrats to Jelena, obviously the better player won.

Oh well, love to stay and chat but Im off to work. See you around...or maybe not.

Master Lu
Oct 14th, 2002, 10:55 PM
LOL And this is supposed to do what, SuperG? Frighten me? Piss me off? What in the world!?
Whatever...
LOL

caramel
Oct 15th, 2002, 06:55 AM
so you better go and support your grandpa, you brick

Okay... :rolleyes:

SuperG
Oct 15th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Iva`s #1 FAN:

There is a slight difference between saying:

Iva has a change to beat a possibly burnt out Jelena....

and:

its so easy to beat Dokic these days, even my grandpa......

isnt it?

You are welcome to read our board at www.jelena-dokic.com and try to find one negative word about Iva. You wont.
You are also very welcome to join us at our chatroom (same url) during Jelenas next-matches, to see we dont hate any player and just support and defend "our" girl.
Its just annoying to read at a board of a player who played 2 very good tournies in 2002, 3 alright ones, and had now 17 losses in first or second rounds (only two vs. top10 players), that Dokic is a player who can be beaten easily..... as not only Jelena is going through a hard period, her fans are too.

Master Lu
Oct 15th, 2002, 06:40 PM
You should have taken a look at Caramel's post count, before you started insulting everyone and everything (notably, not caramel). We never bashed Jelena, we just saw a pretty good chance for Iva to do something, as Jelena lost her last 4 straight matches.

xcrtbckhnd
Oct 16th, 2002, 01:54 AM
This is IVA's forum!!!! If you do not support Iva, please do not post here!!!! If you wish to say something negative about Iva or about her posters, then please use your player's forum or GM. Thanks!
Oh and too bad for Iva, but a nice win for Jelena. Better luck next time DIVA!!!!

TS
Oct 16th, 2002, 09:23 AM
Super G...

I take issue with you generalising caramel's post to the rest of us, as Ive rarely seen caramel post in here, if at all. Yes what he/she said was a little silly, but come on its not the be all and end all...get over it.

Sorry I just found it rather pathetic and childish that you quoted and slagged off perfectly HARMLESS OPINIONS by good honest posters like Master Lu, Johny & croat123...reading your reply post of "its not you idiot" to Master Lu's obseravtion that its a good opportunity to farm some points (again, that is his opinion, get over it!!!) pretty much summed up my feelings of your ridiculous retaliation :rolleyes: Whats with that kind of hostility???

There are people that enjoy slagging off Iva (a certain poster in various Iva scoring threads springs to mind) but do you think I/we give a shit??? Learn to accept that some people might want to express an opinion that is different to your own, and move on.

Case closed.