PDA

View Full Version : Where do you think the AELTC should seed Schiavone?

geoepee
Jun 15th, 2010, 05:38 AM
With Francesca's winning Roland Garros and Elena Dementieva's unfortunate withdrawal from the competition,.. if the AELTC honors the WTA tour rankings for seeding purposes, its possible that Francesca will be seeded 5th at Wimbledon. :speakles:

Do you think Wimbledon will change or should change her seeding at the Championships? Or will they keep things the way they are because she is a new slam champion? (albeit a different surface).

In the 9 previous years that she's played at Wimbledon, she was only able to advance past the second round twice (3rd rnd 2003, qtrs 2009)

(sorry if this has already been discussed)

danieln1
Jun 15th, 2010, 05:46 AM
She reached quarters last year, Stosur lost to Ivanovic in third round...

They wonŽt move Francesca, sheŽll be the number 5 seed...

Bruno71
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:06 AM
They don't move players down purposely, they just sometimes move players up. I don't see them doing any tinkering this year in any case.

Direwolf
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:35 AM
I think only Dinara deserve a bump...

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:37 AM
They don't move players down purposely, they just sometimes move players up. I don't see them doing any tinkering this year in any case.

Agree. Francesca will be the 5th seed as she should be.

In The Zone
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:48 AM
She'll be seeded #5.

None of the women's seedings should be moved -- AT ALL. Venus and Serena are the only two who, at this stage, should ever be moved and both women are #1 and #2. No need to move them.

tennisforadults
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:04 AM
With Francesca's winning Roland Garros and Elena Dementieva's unfortunate withdrawal from the competition,.. if the AELTC honors the WTA tour rankings for seeding purposes, its possible that Francesca will be seeded 5th at Wimbledon. :speakles:

Do you think Wimbledon will change or should change her seeding at the Championships? Or will they keep things the way they are because she is a new slam champion? (albeit a different surface).

If Dementieva withdraws, Schiavone will definitely be seeded #5. They never move someone down, only someone up i.e. Hewitt, Baghdatis, Sharapova who have performed well at Wimbledon in the past.

They may move Sharapova or Henin up, possibly one or two places. But I don't see anyone else moving.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:26 AM
ya as tennisforadults said they'll move Sharapova and Henin up. Even if they were moved to 5 and 6, it really wouldnt make difference to Schaivone as she would be 7.

Also with her performance last year, she'll be 5.

The only ones to really worry about are those that are currently ranked 14-16, as they may be past up for (Sharapova is in 16 cuz of withdrawal), Henin, Kuzntesova, or Safina.

Langers
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Just say Wimbledon.

skanky~skanketta
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Well, she's top 6 right now. And she was one of the best 8 at Wimbledon last year. So she should not be bumped down.

Whatever it is, I'm hoping the don't seed Justine in the top 16. At 17 or 18, wouldn't have to face Venus and Serena in the 4th round (provided she gets that far).

goldenlox
Jun 15th, 2010, 08:04 AM
I dont think it matters. There is a lot of parity after the top 2 seeds. On a given day, most matches will be wide open. Few will be surprised if a lot of seeds are beaten in the 1st 2 rounds.

ClijstersGOAT
Jun 15th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Well, she's top 6 right now. And she was one of the best 8 at Wimbledon last year. So she should not be bumped down.

Whatever it is, I'm hoping the don't seed Justine in the top 16. At 17 or 18, wouldn't have to face Venus and Serena in the 4th round (provided she gets that far).

Not true. 17-24 seeds CAN meet 1-2 in the 4th round. The probability is only lower.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 15th, 2010, 12:06 PM
where it depends if any of the old men take a fancy to her or not.