PDA

View Full Version : Anastasia Rodionova def. 6 double faults in third set only Tammy 1-6, 7-6(5), 6-3

New
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:50 PM
What can I say? Why would she hit 6 double faults in the third set alone is beyond me:rolleyes:... Good luck to Rodionova...

Huntress55
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Well done Nastya :D

tim2502
Tammy :sad:

Adrian.
Tammy :sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

nevetssllim
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Well done Nastya. :) She had a good clay season but I think her game is more suited to grass.

Tammy :hug: Good luck at Wimbledon :yeah:

darkangel23
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Tammy :(

Uranium
Tammy:( 2-time defending Champ out in first round:(

Carotastrophe
Tammy.. :sad:
Nastya :yeah:

Ferg
One of the nicest players losing to one of the most hated. Pity.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:56 PM
:bolt: Nastya

Libertango
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Shit. Bad result for Tammy. :(

wateva
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:57 PM
with an early exit in wimbledon, i think the big R is not far away for tammy... :sad:

Shvedbarilescu
That's really sad. No threepeat for Tammy then. :awww:

I hope this was just a bad day at the office and that Tammy will be ready to have yet another good Wimbledon starting next week. Maybe though it's just that Tammy is starting to show her age, it happens to all great athletes eventually, but losing to Rodionova in the 1st round here, on grass, just doesn't seem right. :shrug:

igralec33
Omg :( Tammy :tears: Her ranking will go sooooo down. :sad: Hope for good run in Wimbledon. :scared:

*Jean*
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Anastasia :)

rockstar
Jun 14th, 2010, 02:00 PM
grass goat no more!

Beat
Jun 14th, 2010, 02:05 PM
that's a pretty bad result for TT, who's usually so reliable on grass ... :sad:

Elwin.
Jun 14th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Nastya :D :yeah:

Randy H
Jun 14th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Disappointing loss for Tammy, but hardly something to worry about in terms of her future in my opinion. After her win last year, she had some injuries and aside from playing Wimbledon and the US Open, didn't play any other tournaments until mid-October, so she has tons of time to pick up points again. The fact that even with her lost points she'll still be hovering around the 100 mark, shows just how solid a year she's had overall in 2010. :) Hopefully a reasonable draw for Tammy at Wimbledon will give her some good points to get right back up :)

Good win for Nastya, she seems to enjoy grass courts and is starting to get some more consistent results lately :)

SoClose
Jun 14th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Tammy :bigcry:

Renalicious
Jun 14th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Grass Goat Tammy :hysteric:

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 14th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Tammy :hug:

hdfb
Jun 14th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Omg :( Tammy :tears: Her ranking will go sooooo down. :sad: Hope for good run in Wimbledon. :scared:

Me too. She has no points to defend at Wimbledon thankfully.

#kArLoS#
Jun 14th, 2010, 02:18 PM
that´s a nice surprise :woohoo:

Drine
Jun 14th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Nastya :cheer:

Rising Sun
Jun 14th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Outside the Top 100 now... :sobbing:

Please get a good draw at Wimby...

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jun 14th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Disappointing loss for Tammy, but hardly something to worry about in terms of her future in my opinion. After her win last year, she had some injuries and aside from playing Wimbledon and the US Open, didn't play any other tournaments until mid-October, so she has tons of time to pick up points again. The fact that even with her lost points she'll still be hovering around the 100 mark, shows just how solid a year she's had overall in 2010. :) Hopefully a reasonable draw for Tammy at Wimbledon will give her some good points to get right back up :)

Good win for Nastya, she seems to enjoy grass courts and is starting to get some more consistent results lately :)

Agreed. She already reached a WTA final this year and won another doubles title, so she's more than fine in form. Even solid grass court players are allowed to have bad results. She lost to Cavaday last year in Birmingham before winning this very tournament.

As far as her ranking goes, she'll be around #105 after this tournament, but she's not defending a single point from now until November. A victory or two at Wimbledon and she's back in business.

meteor
Jun 14th, 2010, 02:42 PM
for a minute there, i thought you meant paszek :lol:.

Ellery
Jun 14th, 2010, 03:35 PM
The fall cometh? :unsure: :sobbing:

hankqq
Jun 14th, 2010, 04:23 PM
One of the nicest players losing to one of the most hated. Pity.

:tape: :sobbing:

oh Tamarine. so many points lost :(

treufreund
Jun 14th, 2010, 05:33 PM
LOL @ Paszek.

danieln1
Jun 14th, 2010, 07:31 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO

I was expecting her to go deep in this tournament... losing that second set let her down...

meteor
Jun 14th, 2010, 09:13 PM
LOL @ Paszek.

yeah, to me, she'll always be the REAL tammy :).

BlackPanther.
Jun 14th, 2010, 09:18 PM
After the first set I thought that was a routine win for Tammy.. :sobbing:
My dream final now impossible :tape: Good luck and draw at WImbledon, Tammy :hug:

GeeTee
Jun 14th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Well done Nastya. I was gonna add you to those 'threats @ Wimbledon' thread, but now you've proved you will be.

Rafito.
Jun 14th, 2010, 10:28 PM
:spit: Well done Nastya!

Harvs
Jun 14th, 2010, 10:56 PM
i love tammy.. but nastya is the only player in the draw i would have wanted her to lose to!

keep going!:)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jun 14th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Those 2 won't be friends for sure!
Anastasia acted like crazy again. Every ball of Tammy that was close to the line. Didn't you see it was out? Never seen this before! Unbelieveable! Almost crying. I lost count how many times she did that.
After the match Tammy said something about this wonderful behaviour, of course Anastasia said something back. I guess she will never change.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 14th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Poor Tammy, she'll fall out of the top 100 next week :sad: :hug:

Hopefully she'll do well at Wimby and start climbing back up the rankings. I think she has zero pts to defend if i'm remembering correctly :)

Ferg
Jun 14th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Anastasia acted like crazy again. Every ball of Tammy that was close to the line. Didn't you see it was out? Never seen this before! Unbelieveable! Almost crying. I lost count how many times she did that.
After the match Tammy said something about this wonderful behaviour, of course Anastasia said something back. I guess she will never change.

Poor Tammy. Shes such a nice person and so fair, so sorry for her to lose this way. :awww: How anyone can support this bitch Rodionova is beyond me :o

claypova
Jun 15th, 2010, 04:42 AM
:eek:

wtf tammy :sobbing:

tennisforadults
Jun 15th, 2010, 07:17 AM

Nastya sounds like an ok person off-court (in the few off-court stuff I've read) but her on-court behaviour is just unnecessarily disruptive. She's harming her own game by wasting so much energy disputing the officials.

fridayeggs
Jun 15th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Time to retire from tennis Tanasugarn

GeeTee
Jun 15th, 2010, 09:05 AM

Sounds like Nastya's in the best form of her life! :angel:

Nastya sounds like an ok person off-court (in the few off-court stuff I've read) but her on-court behaviour is just unnecessarily disruptive. She's harming her own game by wasting so much energy disputing the officials.

:lol: She might be harming her own game, but not her ranking.

Her record for the past coupla months doesn't sound too bad:

- Assists Australia to a 5/0 Fed Cup upset away win
- 2xQF in WTA internationals (clay) - to add to her QF (hard) from early 2009
- Eliminates seed at French Open
- Knocks out the two-time defending champion in WTA international (grass)
- Raises ranking 20 spots over 2009 year-end

Not bad for the world #76.
And being seen as a 'bad girl' seems to help your profile - in TF at least. :)

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 15th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Tammy is in a bad form right now. Shame, because she was in an amazing form at the start of the year. Amazing. :tears:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 15th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Tammy is probably the nicest person on tour. That bitch. :o