PDA

View Full Version : s'Hertogenbosch R1: Ana Ivanovic def. Sofia Arvidsson 4-6 6-0 6-1

M.P
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:18 PM
so solid from ana in last 2 sets :bounce:

MK Ultra
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:19 PM
ana!

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Are you kidding? She played awful from start to finish.

Petkovic will murder her. :o

darkangel23
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Ana :yeah::woohoo:
GL vs. Petkovic

Mrs. Dimitrova
Amazing. :worship:

Sofia is so happy to lose too. :inlove:

fouc
100W/100UE and 11A/11UE too :)
But nice recovery and very good tennis from Ana in the end. Discrete fist pumps too :)

InsideOut.
:spit: Absolute fluke most of the times, but good that she got the W. Best thing was she served it out to love.

11 aces 11 DFs :rolls:

TheBoiledEgg
well done Ana ;) :D
really ought to beat Petkovic on grass too

VIKA?
Don't know how the hell Sofia managed to get bagelled:tape:

glad Ana won, well done :yeah:

delicatecutter
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Are you kidding? She played awful from start to finish.

Petkovic will murder her. :o

YOU DIDN'T EVEN WATCH! :fiery:

Hot mess of a match but Baby Anci is through. Petkovic isn't very good on grass so I don't see why she can't win that one as well.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Don't know how the hell Sofia managed to get bagelled:tape:

glad Ana won, well done :yeah:

Bagel or friendship is over. :shrug:

InsideOut.
72-minute three setter :rolls:

cellophane
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Sofia will bend over for her BFF :lol:

Nikkiri
Alright play from Ana at times.. but mostly bad. Needs to step it up. I guess Sofia finally realized who she was playing during set 2. :lol:

Lord Choc Ice
YOU DIDN'T EVEN WATCH! :fiery:

Hot mess of a match but Baby Anci is through. Petkovic isn't very good on grass so I don't see why she can't win that one as well.
I was on the Live Scoring thread so every winner, ace, DF and awful shot was well-documented. ;)

Huntress55
Yay Ana :D

tennisforadults

:haha:

VIKA?
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:24 PM

:lol:

cellophane
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:24 PM
72-minute three setter :rolls:

Yeah, I just woke up... and I was like ,"They played 2 sets in an hour?" :unsure: :weirdo:

Josť Morgado
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:25 PM
6-0 6-1 in the last 2 sets in 39 minutes, losing just 26 points. cool...

Ivanovic2008
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:27 PM
not perfect from ana but still very solid 2 and 3 set she will kill petovic now

Ivanovic2008
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:27 PM
not perfect from ana but still very solid 2 and 3 set and she will kill petovic now

doni1212
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Umm a win's a win I guess...
Good job Ana!

Rafito.
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:28 PM
:cheer: Well done Ana! Good luck against Andrea.

FORZA SARITA
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:29 PM
she's back :yawn:

itzhak
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:29 PM
The stadium was empty because all of the people was watching the Match against Denmark...

Corswandt
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:30 PM
I expect GOAT Ivanovic to win a few matches on grass on the strength of her serve alone. Even in Rome she was often going for raw pace over accuracy, and few can return those 180+ km/h bombs consistently enough on grass.

Milito22
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:31 PM
:cheer:

Corswandt
The stadium was empty because all of the people was watching the Match against Denmark...

You mean people didn't flock to see the WTA's Biggest Star, football be damned? Shocking.

Lord Choc Ice
I expect GOAT Ivanovic to win a few matches on grass on the strength of her serve alone. Even in Rome she was often going for raw pace over accuracy, and few can return those 180+ km/h bombs consistently enough on grass.
On the strength of her 11 DFs you mean. :p

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:32 PM
A not unexpected result.

Here is what might, possibly, have happened after the first set.

Sofia was delighted. The set had been played in great spirit. It was the best Sofia had played in a while and Ana although she was frequently beaten in some of the rallies never stop smiling. There were no "adje's", and clearly Ana was not in any way trying to imtimidate her close friend.

But suddenly, quite unexpectedly there was Ana right in front of Sofia after the 1st set break. Sofia, didn't know what to expect, her heart started beating fast, very fast. Ana smiled. Upon seeing this Sofia felt a sense of relief. Ana said, full of warmth and affection "that was a fine set you just played, you play really exciting tennis on grass."

For one joyous moment all of the hard work and effort Sofia had put in her tennis felt worth it and then some. "Gee thanks Ana" Sofia said, full of pride. Then suddenly Ana's expression change. She became serious. Very serious. The next words were uttered slowly, softly but very clearly. "If you win this match I am never going to talk to you again as long as I live."

Suddenly all these horrible uncomfortable emotions started spinning around Sofia's head like an crazed whirpool. Fear, hurt, anger, rejection, confusion, pure utter shock and denial too. Sofia tried to be strong. She tried to speak. But at first she couldn't say anything. But eventually the words "I understand" came out. It wasn't what she had wanted to say but it was all she could muster.

After that Ana returned to her chair and the match continued....

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:32 PM
That was unproffesional and simply pathetic from Arvidsson. Not that that cow (and she's one of the least agile players I've ever seen) was gonna beat Ivanovic anyway but she could've at least pretended she was playing a competitve match and not just assisting in a practice session.

The Dawntreader
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:35 PM
A not unexpected result.

Here is what might, possibly, have happened after the 2nd set.

Sofia was delighted. The set had been played in great spirit. It was the best Sofia had played in a while and Ana although she was frequently beaten in some of the rallies never stop smiling. There were no "adje's", and clearly Ana was not in any way trying to imtimidate her close friend.

But suddenly, quite unexpectedly there was Ana right in front of Sofia after the 1st set break. Sofia, didn't know what to expect, her heart started beating fast, very fast. Ana smiled. Upon seeing this Sofia felt a sense of relief. Ana said, full of warmth and affection "that was a fine set you just played, you play really exciting tennis on grass."

For one joyous moment all of the hard work and effort Sofia had put in her tennis felt worth it and then some. "Gee thanks Ana" Sofia said, full of pride. Then suddenly Ana's expression change. She became serious. Very serious. The next words were uttered slowly, softly but very clearly. "If you win this match I am never going to talk to you again as long as I live."

Suddenly all these horrible uncomfortable emotions started spinning around Sofia's head like an crazed whirpool. Fear, hurt, anger, rejection, confusion, pure utter shock and denial too. Sofia tried to be strong. She tried to speak. But at first she couldn't say anything. But eventually the words "I understand" came out. It wasn't what she had wanted to say but it was all she could muster.

:weirdo:

Brena
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:37 PM
A not unexpected result.

:hysteric:
So no fistpumping in Sofia's face?

Hugh.
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Such a crazy match :lol:

Some nice play mixed in with some absolutely terrible stuff. At least Ana got through comfortably in the end.

LudwigDvorak
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:38 PM
I thought it was funny, Dawntreader.

At 44, Ivanovic hit three DFs and a simple BH CC wide. At 54 she missed a bunch of returns and hit dumb errors on her BPs. On that basis alone I never once thought after that first set Ivanovic was going to lose--everything was in her hand, and she just needed to slightly raise her level.

I don't think Petkorazzi will roll over for Ana quite so happily. Hopefully not.

tennisforadults
That was unproffesional and simply pathetic from Arvidsson. Not that that cow (and she's one of the least agile players I've ever seen) was gonna beat Ivanovic anyway but she could've at least pretended she was playing a competitve match and not just assisting in a practice session.

:lol:

Cp6uja
WTA needs much more players such as Arvidsson and Petkovic which respect real WTA Queen:angel:, and even is registered members of her fan groups :worship:.

For other rounds UNICEF organizers should to ban every opponent which try seriously to beat some of two official UNICEF ambassadors Ana Ivanovic or Justine Henin :shrug:

lestat111
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:39 PM
sofia tanked.

Kovalchuk
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:40 PM
A not unexpected result.

:lol: nice one.

but indeed, both show too much respect for each other.

The Dawntreader
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:40 PM

At 44, Ivanovic hit three DFs and a simple BH CC wide. At 54 she missed a bunch of returns and hit dumb errors on her BPs. On that basis alone I never once thought after that first set Ivanovic was going to lose--everything was in her hand, and she just needed to slightly raise her level.

I don't think Petkorazzi will roll over for Ana quite so happily. Hopefully not.

Oh right, was it meant to be funny? I apologise:lol:

I though Chris was having some kind of break-down.

Lachy
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Sofia caved in and then checked to make sure that her and Ana were still on for dinner.

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:42 PM

Cheers.

Honestly it was quite silly of me and I feel a bit embarressed with it. It certainly shouldn't be taken too seriously and was intended as being very tongue in cheek. But the scoreline and the context called out for me to put that silliness together. I would delete it but as I have been quoted a couple of times there isn't really a point.

But I'm glad if anyone is able to take it in the spirit it was made. As for anyone who did not care for it, hey, that's certainly fair enough too.

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Barilescu, I loved it. :lol:

Everyone knows Sofia rolled over and died for Ana so it's a nice way to put it into literary form. :o :lol:

Tennis90
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:45 PM
In the second and third Ana showed some great play in my opinion.Those FH were amazing!
Yap Sofia was so nervous,poor girl :)

Both girls showed a great amount of respect for each other...considering the WTA today,it`s a nice change.

Corswandt
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:51 PM
On the strength of her 11 DFs you mean. :p

That hardly matters when she's winning an ATP-ish % of her 1st serve points.

The 2nd Law
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:54 PM

It's nice to see some pace back in the serve again. You would think though, after hitting so many double faults in the last couple of tourneys she would take the pace off just a little :lol:

Sofia should be knighted as the Queen of all Ana fans (sorry Izzy!) :lol:

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:56 PM

Even Azarenka would have the same winning % on her 1st serve against Arvidsson.

delicatecutter
Jun 14th, 2010, 01:57 PM

:bigcry:

You slay me!

Carotastrophe
Jun 14th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Sofia.. :tears: what happened..

SELVEN
Jun 14th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Ana good luck next round

toxina90
Jun 14th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Sofia caved in and then checked to make sure that her and Ana were still on for dinner.

:spit:

Sofia looked like she didn't care at all in 2nd and 3rd :confused:

AnDrEi.b
Jun 14th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Ana :hearts:

delicatecutter
Jun 14th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Sofia has an ample bosom. :drool:

Beat
Jun 14th, 2010, 03:07 PM
oh god, what a bad scoreline for sofia. what did she do??

Corswandt
Jun 14th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Even Azarenka would have the same winning % on her 1st serve against Arvidsson.

Stop it.

I need something to keep me focused through Wimbledon, and since Wozniacki right now looks about as threatening as a Lego brick, worrying about a possible GOAT Ivanovic resurgence will have to do.

Re: Arvidsson, great T&A, I'll give her that.

adrovi
Jun 14th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Ana :worship:

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 14th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I need something to keep me focused through Wimbledon, and since Wozniacki right now looks about as threatening as a Lego brick, worrying about a possible GOAT Ivanovic resurgence will have to do.

Ok then, you do have a reason to worry about Ivanovic cos she is definitely gonna make it to the final! :eek:

at Rosmalen, I mean. :p

hankqq
Jun 14th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Ana :worship: won her 1st grass match of the year :cool: hopefully she'll clean it up more for her next match :)

Illusionist
Jun 14th, 2010, 05:53 PM
A win :woohoo:

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 14th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Ana :cheer:

Slutati
Jun 14th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I really hope Ana forgives Sofia for taking that first set. :(

Stevecw
Jun 14th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Nice one Ana, any win is a good one these days!! :yeah:

Petkovic is fairly crap on grass, so Ana should win next one in 2.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 14th, 2010, 08:25 PM
:bigclap: Yay. Keep the wins going Ana!

danieln1
Jun 14th, 2010, 08:27 PM
A not unexpected result.

:haha: :haha:

How did you come up with that??? it was hilarious!!!

Curtos07
Jun 14th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Very nice win for Ana. Now she goes one friend (Sofia) to another one (Petkovic). Going to be a good match! Ajde! :)

Curtos07
Jun 14th, 2010, 08:36 PM
A not unexpected result.

:spit: :haha: :lol:

LudwigDvorak
Jun 14th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Ana said, full of warmth and affection "that was a fine set you just played, you play really exciting tennis on grass."

is the best part.

Bruno71
Jun 14th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Ok then, you do have a reason to worry about Ivanovic cos she is definitely gonna make it to the final! :eek:

at Rosmalen, I mean. :p

She could make the final at Wimbledon too! Just draw Meusburger, Arvidsson, Petkovic, Hantuchova, Kuznetsova, and Jankovic, and voila :shrug:.

edificio
Jun 14th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Worst 4-6, 6-0, 6-1 match ever. May have only been the second or third time I've seen Arvidsson play, but she was awful. Ana was awful, but at least she pulled it together to get the win. Helped that her opponent was such a mess, with terrible movement and strokes.

NeoZod19
Jun 14th, 2010, 09:11 PM
looks like Sofia ran out of gaz!!!

cn ireland
Jun 14th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Ana great scoreline after the 1st set:yeah:

Ryan
Jun 14th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Ana. :bowdown: Lets win one more match here please.

ivanban
Jun 14th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Bagel and breadstick sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G :dance:

meteor
Jun 15th, 2010, 12:05 AM
sofia :(.

Vikapower
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:49 AM
A not unexpected result.

:lol: Nice. :yeah:

tonybotz
Jun 15th, 2010, 03:31 AM
I'mNotaSnitch just might do some damage on grass this season if that big forehand start working. Gundhart certainly knows a thing or two about big forehands - and the fast points means she won't have to ht 3 or 4 winners to win the point.

Roookie
Jun 15th, 2010, 06:06 AM
one bagel one breadstick :drool:...let's stick to these MM tournies for now Ana.

MaBaker
Jun 15th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Disgraceful. I hope Jeja steals all of Sofia's massages until the end of her career.

Sander.
Jun 15th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Well done Ana! :yeah:

Princeza
Jun 15th, 2010, 10:01 AM
She dared taking a set :rolleyes:

Mashabator
Jun 15th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Ana :cheer: