PDA

View Full Version : Martina Hingis withdraws!! :(

Doris Loeffel
Oct 11th, 2002, 10:01 AM
So far no reason mentioned why she won't play in Zurich!
There will be a pressconference held this evening where they will give out the reason why Martina won't play.

Wouldn't be surprised if the reason was tiredness....

..... or does she fear the pretty harsh home public when loosing early again??

Martina whatever it is. Get your head together cancel all the remaining tournaments. You're already out of top 10 so what does it change? Change your training get a mental trainer, work on your serve and come back fitter and stronger as ever at the AO!! Always felt that your comeback befor the US Open was too early. Guess I was right with it.

Looking forward to see you back in January with your old/new style of play. Hope you figure out how you can include your game into the upgoming powerplay. Looks like some work in the gym will be a must during your break. You can do better you know that. Just clear your head and confess yourself to tennis again. You have to be 200 % convinced that playing tennis is that what you want to do. If not well then you better quit as you won't go far that way. As hard that would be to see you go like this but it would be even harder to see you loos all the time with pretty clear scores like against Jelena.

Whatever you're going to do Martina I wish you all the best.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 11th, 2002, 10:02 AM
omg .......... thats just :sad:

poor Martina :(

she should really take the rest of the year off as this yr isnt ending too good and it will only dent her confidence.

Lindsayfan
Oct 11th, 2002, 10:07 AM
poor Martina :(

lin
Oct 11th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Martina :sad:

vaiva
Oct 11th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Martina :sad:

so sad

Raisin
Oct 11th, 2002, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Doris Loeffel

..... or does she fear the pretty harsh home public when loosing early again??

Its obviously that:o

Jan
Oct 11th, 2002, 12:38 PM
GO MARTINA - WE LINDSAY FANS MISS YOU
:(

ASV_FAN
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:10 PM
I think it would be in her best interests to withdraw for the remainder of the season and come back afresh in the new year.

God luck Martina :) !

disposablehero
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Well, so much for the strong field.

Sharapower
Oct 11th, 2002, 02:06 PM
Too bad she withdraws...
I dont quite agree with those who say she should have the remaining season off. She obviously lacks of competition so she must play, and play, and practice, and train physically and find back some motivation.
But I don't think she would withdraw from LA too, perhaps she's heading to the USA to prepare the championships in good conditions (I hope so).

hugetennisfan
Oct 11th, 2002, 03:38 PM
Poor Martina :sad:

I wonder if her injuries are still bothering her

Whatever it is, her year has been a disaster ever since the Aussie final :sad:

Hurley
Oct 11th, 2002, 04:24 PM
Well....she should play LA, because she's earned her spot. But I don't see much point in playing anything else. It's not like she'll beat anyone else in that field so it'd only be one match. :sad:

Jorn
Oct 11th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Hingis will also withdraw from Linz and LA, she won't play again this year, unsure when she will play again.

fruitella
Oct 11th, 2002, 06:52 PM
THIS IS THE END...
BUT WHERE ARE MY TEARS?

Calliope.
Oct 11th, 2002, 07:23 PM
Marti.... :sad:

ghosts
Oct 11th, 2002, 08:18 PM
She needs to rest for a while...
There's no sense of playing now :sad:

croat123