PDA

View Full Version : ITA Division I Women's Kick-Off Weekend Draft

johnnytennis
Jun 2nd, 2010, 04:29 PM
The 2010 ITA Draft started this morning is any one is interested.

http://www.itatennis.com/Events/Kick-OffWeekend/2011_ITA_Kick-Off_Weekend/2010_DivI_Women_KickOff_Weekend_Draft_June2.htm

Amalgamate
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:19 PM
Lele decide to play this year? :lol: UNC and UGA...tough.

johnnytennis
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:28 PM
Why does Indiana always pass on playing in this tournament and the ITA regional tournament in the Fall as well. I dont get this!

fantic
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:45 PM
I'm more interested about Riviera...since USC is not hosting :sobbing:

that said. FSU :scary: wouldn't want to be in THAT position..Miami group seems interesting, too.

johnnytennis
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:05 PM
Budget

Notice that Rice just took Baylor (Waco). Why? Bus trip

Pepp to UCLA, St. Mary's to Cal

This is a super expensive trip to either play indoors or maybe even get rained out ...

Funny that nobody wants to go to Gainesville

You can't spell ch'EATERS without UCI 'EATERS

So much seems to depend on what city you travel to. If you are talking about the airfare, the cost going to the bigger airports isn't terrible. It's traveling to smaller cities by air that can be expensive.
Traveling to the Indoors in Madison can be expensive just because of it being a regional airport.

Embittered
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:32 PM
Nobody outside the top 20 has any concern about advancing to Madison. This is all about cost containment so they stay close to home.
It says Charlottesville on the website.

UFGatorFan
Jun 2nd, 2010, 08:19 PM
Georgia at UNC sticks out.

gouci
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:50 PM
It says Charlottesville on the website.Form was caught posting without doing his homework 1st again. :happy:

By may count.... at least 8 schools opted out pre draft and now Indiana and Wake have passed.
Then your count would be wrong! :lol:

Notice that for the teams that passed their number was repeated again on the list so those 2 teams didn't really get counted. So only 6 teams below opted out pre draft.

LBS, Purdue, Arizona, SDSU, UCI & LSU

Oklahoma will be improved getting 5 stars Whitney Ritchie and Mia Lancaster. UNLV only loses Nedeltcheva as a starter. So after losing to Stanford, Cal Poly has little chance of beating either Oklahoma or UNLV. :help:

Tennisace
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:09 AM
Interesting to see Stanford decide to play this year. I wonder why Lele decided to participate considering how much she has said she doesn't like it.

Amalgamate
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:16 AM
Interesting to see Stanford decide to play this year. I wonder why Lele decided to participate considering how much she has said she doesn't like it.

Maybe she saw how not playing this year affected her teams ranking? :shrug: I don't know.

2nd_serve
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:24 AM
Maybe she saw how not playing this year affected her teams ranking? :shrug: I don't know.

If Stanford plays this, can they still choose not to play Wiscoson?. It seemed to work for them this year, but playing a few matches early seems like a small tweek to for ranking purposes.

gouci
Jun 3rd, 2010, 05:54 AM
Sorry, actually employed so not a lot of time to research... and busy taking night courses at Medical School so as to prepare for the next ch'EATER maneuver... possibly a blind player at # 1 to move your ladder just a little further down
Form you seem to be good at making excuses. :devil:

Unfortunately wanting to have your facts straight before opening your mouth has nothing to do with being employed. :sad:

If that blind player goes up against LBS's Deborah Armstrong than UCI won't lose the point. :happy:

10sE
Jun 4th, 2010, 01:02 AM

Who cares what it does to your ranking during the season - only one poll counts and Stanford did OK in it ;)

fantic
Jul 6th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Miami group :rolls: (Miami, USC, ASU, FIU)

MICH group..against USC(Cal)..

MICH; Mahtani OUT, Bolender, Critser IN

USC; Fansler OUT, Christian IN

I think USC could get the edge in doubles since Christian's in :rolls: (KC recently won a Pro

event with Whoriskey)

fantic
Jan 18th, 2011, 07:55 PM
which teams will upset the seeded teams?

UGA vs UNC
UA vs BU
USC vs MICH
ASU vs UM
VAND vs CU
MISS vs TENN
UT, UW vs FSU

fantic
Jan 18th, 2011, 07:57 PM
USC vs MICH

USC's lineup will be unveiled today against CSUN.

MICH already showed theirs at the invite;

Muresan
Critser
Bolender
Nguyen
Tatsuno
Sulahian

Pretty young team, freshmen for 2,3 and sophomore for 4th position.
(Critser and Bolender are interchangeable, judging from the results)

USC will win the doubles pt,
and assuming that Sanchez and Muresan are in their best conditions,
Sanchez will win.

So USC's task is to win 2 positions at 2~6.

Lao will start at 2, (and will win, she's the only play who've defeated Sanchez so far)

Dunno after that.

Ramos lost to Larsson and DeBruycker at NCTC, already lost to Walters twice during the summer and fall, not a good start.

Pulido, the sole winner at the UCLA massacre last season, lost a rematch to Montez 0,2

Christian lost to Batta, Remynse, Montez, Janowicz and defeated Hein, Coupez, McVeigh

Andrews will play #6, I guess. Hmm, actually Kinstler did pretty well at NCTC, losing to Damico by 5,3, Constantinecu by 6,5 isn't bad...have to wait the match result against CSN I guess..

10sE
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:46 PM
If that blind player goes up against LBS's Deborah Armstrong than UCI won't lose the point. :happy:

:haha:

I'm no UCI chEATERS fan but that was some solid smack talk!

johnnytennis
Jan 19th, 2011, 04:23 PM
USC vs MICH

USC's lineup will be unveiled today against CSUN.

MICH already showed theirs at the invite;

Muresan
Critser
Bolender
Nguyen
Tatsuno
Sulahian

Pretty young team, freshmen for 2,3 and sophomore for 4th position.
(Critser and Bolender are interchangeable, judging from the results)

USC will win the doubles pt,
and assuming that Sanchez and Muresan are in their best conditions,
Sanchez will win.

So USC's task is to win 2 positions at 2~6.

Lao will start at 2, (and will win, she's the only play who've defeated Sanchez so far)

Dunno after that.

Ramos lost to Larsson and DeBruycker at NCTC, already lost to Walters twice during the summer and fall, not a good start.

Pulido, the sole winner at the UCLA massacre last season, lost a rematch to Montez 0,2

Christian lost to Batta, Remynse, Montez, Janowicz and defeated Hein, Coupez, McVeigh

Andrews will play #6, I guess. Hmm, actually Kinstler did pretty well at NCTC, losing to Damico by 5,3, Constantinecu by 6,5 isn't bad...have to wait the match result against CSN I guess..

fantic.... You've omitted Taney from Michigan's lineup, currently ranked No. 61 in singles and has been their primary No. 2 player in the lineup the past three years and is one of their top players. She is also their best doubles player.
This team has a ton of depth and you could interchange their lineup from the No. 2 position to the No. 5 position as that is how strong they are.

fantic
Jan 19th, 2011, 05:41 PM
fantic.... You've omitted Taney from Michigan's lineup, currently ranked No. 61 in singles and has been their primary No. 2 player in the lineup the past three years and is one of their top players. She is also their best doubles player.
This team has a ton of depth and you could interchange their lineup from the No. 2 position to the No. 5 position as that is how strong they are.

haha! I know, I just remembered it and came here to revise it but you pointed out :yeah: Of course I should include Taney, my mistake.
My take is that USC doubles is currently the best, Christian/Sanchez just won the UNLV invite and led Cako/Hein 7-1 at the regional :)
And you know that Ramos/Pulido almost defeated Andersson/Juricova, so there! :lol:

As you said and as I wrote, I'm actually worried about USC's lower positions, but believe that they can do it :lol:

fantic
Jan 29th, 2011, 12:57 AM
from cal website

No. 9 California 6, No. 60 North Texas 1
Hellman Tennis Complex | Berkeley, Calif. | 2011 ITA Kick-Off Weekend
Friday, Jan. 28, 2011
New records:
California (1-0), North Texas (1-2)
Doubles
1. No. 5 Andersson/Juricova (CAL) def. Paraschiv/Vykydalova (UNT) 8-4
2. Davis/Goransson (CAL) def. Lee/Ranganathan (UNT) 8-4
3. Dinuta/Joubert (UNT) def. Cossou/Duranteau (CAL) 8-6

Cal website said 'French-connection' :lol:
(I really like that movie by the way :lol:
One of the best movies in the 70s, have it
on DVD, of course )

Order of finish: 3, 1, 2* (California wins doubles point)
Singles
1. No. 1 Jana Juricova (CAL) def. Paula Dinuta (UNT) 6-0, 6-2
2. No. 46 Mari Andersson (CAL) def. Irina Paraschiv (UNT) 6-4, 6-0
3. No. 44 Annie Goransson (CAL) def. Madura Ranganathan (UNT) 6-2, 6-3
4. No. 35 Tayler Davis (CAL) def. Nadia Lee (UNT) 6-4, 7-5
5. Alice Duranteau (CAL) def. Barbora Vykydalova (UNT) 6-3, 4-6, 1-0(9)
6. Amy Joubert (UNT) def. Stephany Chang (CAL) 7-6(7), 6-3
Order of finish: 1, 2, 3*, 4, 5, 6

and just heard from tennisbuddy that #40 SMC def #51 TCU 4-3 (Soper seems to have clinced it).

beachman49
Jan 29th, 2011, 02:20 AM
Quote: Originally Posted by gouci
If that blind player goes up against LBS's Deborah Armstrong than UCI won't lose the point.

:haha:

I'm no UCI chEATERS fan but that was some solid smack talk!

Pretty good line. Too bad it's blind too.

Armstrong lifetime 7-0 with two unfinished in singles vs ch'EATERS

Yes, she did have a rough 2nd set vs Ms Hammel and casted hand in the famous unfinished match last spring. However, the score was was 6-1, 6-6 and she was serving 6-1 for match in tie break when the dual match was stopped.

Apparently none of the UCI girls she has played are blind. Just never win. :lol:

Go Beach!

fantic
Jan 29th, 2011, 02:23 AM
#40 Saint Mary's (CA) 4, #51 TCU 3
Jan 28, 2011 at Berkeley, Calif.
Singles competition
1. #85 Alex Poorta (SMC) def. Katarlina Tuohimaa (TCU) 6-3, 7-6 (7-0)
2. Catherine Isip (SMC) def. Federica Denti (TCU) 6-3, 6-1
3. Olivia Smith (TCU) def. Jenny Jullien (SMC) 6-1, 6-3

This Smith is a freshman too, from UK?

4. Claire Soper (SMC) def. Shallni Sahoo (TCU) 6-0, 2-6, 6-4
5. Anna Chkhikvishvili (SMC) def. Idunn Hertzberg (TCU) 6-1, 6-4
6. Gaby Mastromarino (TCU) def. Molly Aloia (SMC) 6-3, 6-2

Doubles competition
1. Federica Denti/Katarlina Tuohimaa (TCU) def. #87 Catherine Isip/Alex Poorta (SMC) 8-3
2. Jenny Jullien/Alita Fisher (SMC) def. Maria Babanova/Idunn Hertzberg (TCU) 8-3
3. Gaby Mastromarino/Olivia Smith (TCU) def. Anna Chkhikvishvili/Claire Soper (SMC) 9-7

Match Notes
TCU 1-1; National ranking #51
Saint Mary's (CA) 1-1; National ranking #40
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (5,2,3,6,1,4)

Wait..#5 Jullien moved to #3 (but I did thought Jullien was good against Johansson :lol:)

fantic
Jan 29th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Tomorrow's BIG match;

UT vs UW
USC vs ASU

BU vs UA?

If Alamaba wins the doubles and the lower positions :rolls:

Boxx(MISS) vs Lesniak(SMU),
Putilina(UTAH) vs Tigu(ARK)
could be interesting.

fantic
Jan 29th, 2011, 02:08 PM
No. 18 Southern California vs. North Carolina State, 10 a.m.
Singles
No. 1 -- No. 3 Maria Sanchez (USC) vs. No. 53 Sandhya Nagaraj (NC State)
No. 2 -- No. 10. Danielle Lao (USC) vs. No. 32 Sanaa Bhambri (NC State)
No. 3 -- Alison Ramos (USC) vs. Lenka Hojckova (NC State)
No. 4 -- Kaitlyn Christian (USC) vs. Tana Illova (NC State)
No. 5 -- Cristala Andrews (USC) vs. Joelle Kissell (NC State)
No. 6 -- Lyndsay Kinstler (USC) vs. Christy Sipes (NC State)

Doubles
No. 1 -- Sanchez/Christian (USC) vs. No. 7 Nagaraj/Bhambri (NC State)
No. 2 -- Lao/Kinseth (USC) vs. Hojckova/Illova (NC State)
No. 3 -- Ramos/Andrews (USC) vs. No. 86 Sipes/Miller (NC State)

Doubles #1. BIG MATCH, both really good teams.

Wait...Pulido isn't even playing :lol:

As for Gibbs (Why still no draw on ITF RANCHO SANTA FE, which starts Q today? :help:), she's playing there, so she's not playing the playoff? :lol: (Stanford surely can afford it I guess :lol: )

davidjaime
Jan 29th, 2011, 02:43 PM
No. 1 Stanford 4, No. 65 Cal Poly 0DOUBLES1) Barte/Tan (STAN) d. Lee/Markhoff (CP) 8-22) Ahn/Gibbs (STAN) d. David/Pane (CP) 8-33) Li/McVeigh (STAN) d. Lehane/Gatewood (CP) 8-2Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3SINGLES1) No. 5 Hilary Barte (STAN) led Alexa Lee (CP) 6-2, 2-2, aban.2) No. 23 Kristie Ahn (STAN) led Florence Lehane (CP) 6-4, 2-0, aban.3) No. 80 Nicole Gibbs (STAN) d. Ashley Pane (CP) 6-0, 6-34) No. 47 Stacey Tan (STAN) d. Jennifer Cornea (CP) 6-1, 6-05) Veronica Li (STAN) d. Jocelyn Davis (CP) 6-1, 6-06) Carolyn McVeigh (STAN) led Kathryn Webb (CP) 6-2, 1-2, aban.Order of Finish: 4, 3, 5- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -No. 39 Oklahoma 4, No. 29 UNLV 1DOUBLES1) No. 31 Constantinescu/Radu (OKLA) d. Josifoska/Pavlovic (UNLV) 8-32) Kalashnikova/Ritchie (OKLA) d. Batta/Maskaljun (UNLV) 8-23) Huet/Tara Eckel (OKLA) d. Albers/Hidvegi (UNLV) 8-2Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3SINGLES1) No. 41 Lucia Batta (UNLV) led Ana-Maria Constantinescu (OKLA) 6-1, 4-6, 5-1, aban.2) Aleksandra Josifoska

fantic
Jan 29th, 2011, 05:20 PM
That's really bad for UNLV, I'm frankly disappointed :sad:

And USC def NCS

Christian/Sanchez def Bhambri/Nagaraj 8-4 :bowdown: isn't NCS team ranked #7 or something? (and TOTALLY merits it, in my humble opinion, they were really good at Riviera)

And Ramos at #3 such a convincing score against former #1 Hojckova,
0,3 :bowdown:

And, Pepp lost the doubles point :hysteric:
I'm actually rooting for Pepp :lol:
lost doubles 1 & 2,
#1 Issara/Zalameda
#2 Colffer/Moore
#3 Bhargava/Oates
Pepp's recent lineup is....creative :lol:

gouci
Jan 29th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Hey Form you couldn't hold out for very long and you're back! :wavey:

I see you're posting as beachman49 now. :happy: If it is the real beachman he doesn't know much about tennis except what Form tells him anyway. :lol: Form I can't remember all your multiple names here so I'll just keep calling you Form.

Form let me warn you. This board is not like the Long Beach St. board where cowards can post under fake names when attacking someone. One of the few things you can do to get permanently banned from THIS board :scared: is to post under 2 or more names using the same computer.

Form buddy let's face it, your uniqueness ;) will come out and people will easily identify you as Form regardless of what other name you post under. :kiss:

johnnytennis
Jan 29th, 2011, 05:41 PM
USC beats NC State 4-3 Close Match!

Singles
No. 1 -- No. 3 Maria Sanchez (USC) d. No. 53 Sandhya Nagaraj (NC State), 6-2, 6-2
No. 2 -- No. 32 Sanaa Bhambri (NC State) d. No. 10. Danielle Lao (USC), 6-4, 2-6, 1-0 (13-11)
No. 3 -- Alison Ramos (USC) d. Lenka Hojckova (NC State), 6-0, 6-3
No. 4 -- Kaitlyn Christian (USC) d. Tana Illova (NC State), 6-4, 6-2
No. 5 -- Joelle Kissell (NC State) d. Cristala Andrews (USC), 6-4, 3-6, 1-0 DEF.
No. 6 -- Christy Sipes (NC State) d. Lyndsay Kinstler (USC), 1-6, 6-4, 6-2

Doubles
No. 1 -- Sanchez/Christian (USC) d. No. 7 Nagaraj/Bhambri (NC State), 8-4
No. 2 -- Hojckova/Illova (NC State) vs. Lao/Kinseth (USC), 7-4 abandoned
No. 3 -- Ramos/Andrews (USC) d. No. Sipes/Miller (NC State), 8-4

Amalgamate
Jan 29th, 2011, 07:40 PM
USC is so weak at 5&6

UFGatorFan
Jan 29th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Final Score: Florida 6, CofC 0

Doubles
1. (1) Sofie Oyen/Allie Will, UF v. Emma Hayman/Irene Viana, CofC, 5-3
2. Lauren Embree/Joanna Mather, UF d. Christin Newman/Kelly Kambourelis, CofC, 8-1
3. Alex Cercone/Caroline Hitimana, UF d. Caroline Newman/Katie Lee, CofC, 8-0*

Singles
1. (7) Allie Will, UF d. Christin Newman, CofC, 6-0, 6-0
2. Lauren Embree, UF d. Emma Hayman, CofC, 6-2, 6-2
3. (96) Sofie Oyen, UF d. Kinsey Casey, CofC, 6-1, 6-3*
4. (30) Joanna Mather, UF vs. Caroline Newman, CofC, 7-5, 2-1, DNF
5. (28) Alex Cercone, UF d. Kelly Kambourelis, CofC, 6-0, 6-2
6. (22) Caroline Hitimana, UF d. Irene Viana, CofC, 6-1, 6-0

Order of Finish: Doubles: 2,3* ; Singles: 5, 6, 3*, 2, 1

gouci
Jan 29th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Just because I know something you are about to find out this afternoon... one last post.

No ParanoiaUCI, Beachman49 is not me. But I do chat with him regularly. No doubt your post pissed him off too. There are three LB posters on this site I believe.

I do appreciate Beachman putting that post up. 7-0 vs ch'EATERS. :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::b ounce:

Here is some smack back: Maybe your coach SHOULD PLAY A BLIND GIRL as it would appear the best chance for your team to beat Debs. Oh wait, I take that back because I would hate for him to intentionally injure one of the girls in a desperate attempt to win. :drool:

Enjoy your match with SDSU today. I just heard your line up for this season... or actually who isn't in your line up this season. Made me chuckle and at the same time is a very sad statement that someone would use such poor judgement with a player and now she can't play this season. I'm sure you'll say it was worth it. Very sad...
Off again, see you in April. Or maybe not.

Thanks Beachman49... I'll see you at hoops in the Mid tonight.

Hey Form aka beachman49 I was being nice when I said your uniqueness would come out. I was referring to identifying you by the pettiness and bitterness in your posts which is unmatched. :happy:

Beachman is thought of as B*tchman on the Long Beach St. board by some fellow LBS fans. So Form you're impersonation of him is lousy. Beachman is known for being very negative and throwing a few of his own players under the bus.

Here's a better impersonation of Beachman:

Deborah Armstrong is best known for 2 things and it's not for winning!
1. Armstrong is a laughing stock for not being able to beat Stephanie Hammel, who was playing with her forehand tied behind her back, with the Big West title & NCAA playoffs on the line too!
2. Debs is also known here as Deborah "sacrificial lamb" Armstrong. After the SDSU match last 2009-10 season Armstrong played behind Dallara and Alawi for the rest of the year. This entire 2010-11 season Armstrong will play behind Dallara and Alawai. Then why the hell was Armstrong playing #1 against San Diego St.? And that's why Armstrong got her nickname. Cuz she was being used as a "sacrificial lamb" against SDSU's nationally ranked Julia Trunks.

P.S. Form you didn't answer my previous question. The Long Beach St. head coach never mentioning once that UCI cheated and you whining every week that UCI cheated contradict each other. So 1. is UCI cheating your own opinion and not the sincere stance taken by the LBS head coach OR 2. the opinion UCI cheated is really that of the LBS head coach passed on to you and you Form are just doing her dirty work, attacking UCI on her behalf so she maintains her reputation of being classy? If it's #2 it would make some sense cuz why else would the LBS head coach leak only to Form details of the coaches meeting where Form draws his claim from, that the UCI coach is a cheat & unethical liar.

UCI's lineup for the season again could only be leaked to Form by the Long Beach St. head coach.

fantic
Jan 29th, 2011, 08:09 PM
USC is so weak at 5&6

#5 Pulido didn't even play :lol:

And it was already decided 4-2 or something.

fantic
Jan 29th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Sac St def Pepp :hysteric:

Kapshai def Zalameda
Bhargava def Delgado
Issara def Meliuk
Baca def Colffer :hysteric:
#5 was suspended it went to 3rd set.
#6 Sac St won in 3 sets.

Pepp shouldn't have sit Walters :sobbing:
But Sac St was good..

UCLA won the doubles pt against USD.

fantic
Jan 29th, 2011, 08:14 PM
MICH AUB doubles score is strange, it seems pretty close, but anyway MICH won?

And Taney is playing #5 :crazy:

fantic
Jan 29th, 2011, 08:16 PM
singles

JONES HOFFPAUIR
REMYNSE CLAUS
DOLEHIDE ESCALONA
MONTEZ COUPEZ
JOHANSSON SUJICA
SEGUSO DEPENAU

last year's #1 Coupez playing at #4 :lol:

davidjaime
Jan 29th, 2011, 08:51 PM
ARIZONA ST wins 7-0 againt 22. SOUTH CAROLINA :) Singles1. #34 Kelcy McKenna, ASU, def. #37 Anya Morgina, USC, 6-4, 7-6(3)2. #38 Jacqueline Cako, ASU, def. #93 Dijana Stojic, USC, 6-0, 6-33. #74 Micaela Hein, ASU, def. Madeleine Saari-Byström, USC, 6-2, 7-6(4)4. Michelle Brycki, ASU, def. Katerina Popova, USC, 7-6(4), 4-6, (11-9)5. #90 Hannah James, ASU, def. Dominika Kanakova, USC, 6-2, 6-26. Ashlee Brown, ASU, def. Josefin Andersson, USC, 6-3, 6-2 Order of Finish:2, 3, 6, 5, 1, 3 Doubles1. Kanakova/Stojic, USC, vs. #28 McKenna/Hein, ASU, 5-6 suspended2. Cako/Brycki, ASU, def. Andersson/Saari-Bystrom, USC, 8-23. Sianna Simmons/Brown, ASU, def. Morgina/Popova, USC, 8-4

davidjaime
Jan 29th, 2011, 10:07 PM
#23 Washington upsets #16 Texas 4-3 #87 Damico/Ellis (Tex)-Dy/Chan (Wash)6-7 2.Gaytan-Leach/Craddock (Tex) def Smith/Nemcevic (Wash)8-3 3.Gajic/Mello (Tex)def Xu/Krsljanin (Wash) 8-1 1*#6 Denise Dy def #8 Ariel Ellis 2-6 7-6 7-5 2. #56 Venise Chan def Damico 6-3 7-5 3. Samantha Smith def Craddock 6-3 2-6 7-6 4. Maggie Mello def Andjela Nemcevic 6-4 7-6 5. Juliana Gajic (Tex) def Lina Xu 6-4 6-4 6.Aleksandra Krsljanin*(Wash) def Cierra Gaytan-Leach*(Tex) 7-6 6-2

fantic
Jan 29th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Told you, guys :lol:

UCLA won, won all doubles I think (or anyway 2)
and
Jones Hoffpauir undecided
Remynse Claus UCLA
Dolehide Escalona UCLA
Montez Coupez 3 sets undecided
Johansson Sujica 75 and 23? undecided
Seguso Depenau UCLA

fantic
Jan 29th, 2011, 11:00 PM
What is happening at Stanford? Scoreboard is in Men's name :o

fantic
Jan 29th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Singles
No. 1 -- No. 11 Denise Muresan (U-M) d. Paulina Schippers (Auburn), 6-3, 6-2
No. 2 -- No. 105 Sam Critser (U-M) d. Olivia Bennett (Auburn), 6-3, 4-6, 1-0 (10-6)
No. 3 -- Brooke Bolender (U-M) d. Jacqueline Kasler (Auburn), 6-1, 6-0
No. 4 -- Mimi Nguyen (U-M) d. Maria Arechavaleta (Auburn), 6-3, 6-0
No. 5 -- No. 61 Whitney Taney (U-M) d. Plamena Kurteva (Auburn), 7-6 (4), 6-2
No. 6 -- Rika Tatsuno (U-M) d. Taylor Schriemann (Auburn), 6-1, 6-2

Doubles
No. 1 -- Taney/Tatsuno (U-M) vs. No. 21 Schippers/Kasler (Auburn), 7-7 abandoned
No. 2 -- Nguyen/Critser (U-M) d. Thornton/Bennett (Auburn), 9-8 (3)
No. 3 -- Muresan/Bolender (U-M) d. Kurteva/Schreimann (Auburn), 8-3

Auburn doubles weren't bad at UCLA (WAATC), but that result is not reassuring for MICH, Pulido (of Pulido/Ramos, 11th ranked?) didn't even play both doubles and singles :)

Order of Completion: Doubles 3-2; Singles 4-3-1-6-5-2

johnnytennis
Jan 29th, 2011, 11:05 PM
MICH AUB doubles score is strange, it seems pretty close, but anyway MICH won?

And Taney is playing #5 :crazy:

fantic you're a regular comedian haha :)

fantic
Jan 29th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Oklahoma won #3 doubles,does it mean they won the doubles? Didn't watch other matches, just started watching it.

tennisbuddy12
Jan 30th, 2011, 03:20 AM
Cal-SMC match rained out. If they don't finish by 10pm local time tomorrow, Cal advances because of their higher ranking, which is stupid considering a potential upset is brewing with the results from the Cal Invite.

fantic
Jan 30th, 2011, 03:44 AM
fantic you're a regular comedian haha :)

I just thought it weird that last year's #2 and a ranked player at that, play #5 :lol:

fantic
Jan 30th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Cal-SMC match rained out. If they don't finish by 10pm local time tomorrow, Cal advances because of their higher ranking, which is stupid considering a potential upset is brewing with the results from the Cal Invite.

was it stopped during play or not? lineup? Cal website doesn't have any info.

fantic
Jan 30th, 2011, 03:53 AM
#5 Pulido didn't even play :lol:

And it was already decided 4-2 or something.

I was wrong.

USC already had 4 wins, and AFTER that lost 3 singles.

DLao should be really motivated for tomorrow :devil:

2nd_serve
Jan 30th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Thank you fantic for your many reports.

fantic
Jan 30th, 2011, 07:21 AM
well I was at LATC and thankfully there was wifi internet so could type a few words, no big deal. :) I won't 'cover' LATC tomorrow since I'm off to Rancho Santa Fe (ITF) :lol:

Embittered
Jan 30th, 2011, 10:39 AM
was it stopped during play or not? lineup? Cal website doesn't have any info.Don't think so: the wooden spoon match is still in progress: http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=205086179

Tennisace
Jan 30th, 2011, 01:26 PM

10PM on Monday is the deadline, there is plenty of time for them to play.

SMC is capable of an upset, I wonder if we'll stick Cossou in for singles to force players to play down one. Chang is pretty much a default for all teams. She's eaten something like 9 bagels in her 14 matches this year.

tennisbuddy12
Jan 30th, 2011, 03:37 PM

SMC is capable of an upset, I wonder if we'll stick Cossou in for singles to force players to play down one. Chang is pretty much a default for all teams. She's eaten something like 9 bagels in her 14 matches this year.

Then my friend is a little slow :lol: She said 10pm tonight. Then it hit me because our team plays their first match today and then one tomorrow lol

fantic
Jan 30th, 2011, 03:55 PM

Maybe since Cossou is unranked like Remynse, they'll put Cossou on #4 :devil:

Anyway I'm not so sure about the Upset. Cal IS Cal, after all. Goransson and Davis are pretty good this season, no?

Tennisace
Jan 30th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Maybe since Cossou is unranked like Remynse, they'll put Cossou on #4 :devil:

Anyway I'm not so sure about the Upset. Cal IS Cal, after all. Goransson and Davis are pretty good this season, no?

It really depends if Cossou plays. If Cossou doesn't play, SMC has a chance at doubles. Last week SMC won No. 3 against Chang/Duranteau and almost had No. 1. SMC will win No. 6 if Chang plays, and then with Poorta and Isip winning against No. 1 and No. 2 last week, that's enough points for SMC to get the upset. And that doesn't include that Duranteau had a tough match with SMC's No. 5.

If Cossou plays doubles that will put Cal in a better position to take the doubles. Cal though really isn't out of woods in singles, if we put Cossou as a sacrificial lamb at No. 2 , that will allow easier match-ups at No. 4, No. 5, and No. 6. Goransson and Davis are quite solid and Duranteau should be able to put the SMC No. 6 away.

tennisbuddy12
Jan 30th, 2011, 07:19 PM
SMC and CAL play 1:30 tomorrow.

tucker1989
Jan 30th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Georgia/UNC is really close, looks like it will probably come down to the Featherston/Kowase third set. Gullickson kicked De Bruycker's butt.

UFGatorFan
Jan 30th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Doubles
1. (1) Allie Will/Sofie Oyen, UF, d. Sandra Herrera/Giovanna Portiolli, Win, 8-2*
2. Lauren Embree/Joanna Mather, UF, d. Yasmine Alkema/Julia Breuss, Win, 8-2
3. Alex Cercone/Olivia Janowicz, UF, v. Elizaveta Zayteseva/Andressa Garcia, Win, 7-0, DNF

Singles
1. (7) Allie Will, UF, d. Elizaveta Zayteseva, Win, 6-0, 6-0*
2. Lauren Embree, UF, d. Yasmine Alkema, Win, 6-1, 6-0
3. (96) Sofie Oyen, UF, d. Sandra Herrera, Win, 6-3, 6-0
4. (30) Joanna Mather, UF, d. Giovanna Portiolli, Win, 6-2, 6-1
5. (22) Olivia Janowicz, UF, d. Andressa Garcia, Win, 6-1, 6-2
6. Carolina Hitimana, UF, d. Julia Breuss, Win, 6-0, 6-1

fantic
Jan 30th, 2011, 10:23 PM
seems like MICH might win, it's 3-2 and Critser and Nguyen is leading now. But why didn't Pulido play? :confused:

Anyway johnnytennis, gloat all you want :lol: Didn't watch due to ITF, so you can provide some commentary. Zootennis covered the match I heard.

fantic
Jan 30th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Georgia/UNC is really close, looks like it will probably come down to the Featherston/Kowase third set. Gullickson kicked De Bruycker's butt.

naturally :lol: (on both occasions, match being close and G dictating the game)

johnnytennis
Jan 30th, 2011, 10:56 PM
seems like MICH might win, it's 3-2 and Critser and Nguyen is leading now. But why didn't Pulido play? :confused:

Michigan 5 USC 2
Singles
No. 1 -- No. 3 Maria Sanchez (USC) d. No. 11 Denise Muresan (U-M), 6-0, 6-2
No. 2 -- No. 105 Sam Critser (U-M) d. No. 10 Danielle Lao (USC)
No. 3 -- Brooke Bolender (U-M) d. Alison Ramos (USC), 6-1, 6-1
No. 4 -- Mimi Nguyen (U-M) d. Kaitlyn Christian (USC), 6-3, 5-7, 7-5
No. 5 -- No. 61 Whitney Taney (U-M) d. Christy Andrews (USC), 6-1, 6-1
No. 6 -- Rika Tatsuno (U-M) d. Lyndsay Kinstler (USC), 6-3, 6-1

Doubles
No. 1 -- No. 80 Sanchez/Christian (USC) d. Taney/Tatsuno (U-M), 8-4
No. 2 -- Bolender/Muresan (U-M) d. Lao/Kintsler (USC), 8-3
No. 3 -- Ramos/Andrews (USC) d. Nguyen/Critser (U-M), 9-8 (6)

Order of Completion: Doubles 2-1-3 ; Singles 3-6-1-5-4-2

fantic
Jan 30th, 2011, 10:59 PM
I thought Ramos became better after the convincing win against Hojckova, but still not good enough, she's having a bad season from the fall.
And Christian, just watched a few points at the end, she's a defensive player, it clearly has limits, she could be blown away. (She did in a few matches I saw :lol: ) But of course doubles is entirely different matter, Kaitlyn being one of the best players in the league :)
And Lao struggling is a bit of a surprise. Critser IS good, she almost won against Lacey Smyth a couple of years ago, but still. Well I did thought her rank #10 is a bit high :lol:

fantic
Jan 30th, 2011, 11:05 PM
It really depends if Cossou plays. If Cossou doesn't play, SMC has a chance at doubles. Last week SMC won No. 3 against Chang/Duranteau and almost had No. 1. SMC will win No. 6 if Chang plays, and then with Poorta and Isip winning against No. 1 and No. 2 last week, that's enough points for SMC to get the upset. And that doesn't include that Duranteau had a tough match with SMC's No. 5.

If Cossou plays doubles that will put Cal in a better position to take the doubles. Cal though really isn't out of woods in singles, if we put Cossou as a sacrificial lamb at No. 2 , that will allow easier match-ups at No. 4, No. 5, and No. 6. Goransson and Davis are quite solid and Duranteau should be able to put the SMC No. 6 away.

How the hell can Cossou be a sacrificial lamb at #2, since she's one of the best at that position :lol: Of course she lacks matches, dunno of her condition, but still :lol: Isip could be dangerous, that I concede.

fantic
Jan 30th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Michigan 5 USC 2
Singles
No. 1 -- No. 3 Maria Sanchez (USC) d. No. 11 Denise Muresan (U-M), 6-0, 6-2
No. 2 -- No. 105 Sam Critser (U-M) d. No. 10 Danielle Lao (USC)
No. 3 -- Brooke Bolender (U-M) d. Alison Ramos (USC), 6-1, 6-1
No. 4 -- Mimi Nguyen (U-M) d. Kaitlyn Christian (USC), 6-3, 5-7, 7-5
No. 5 -- No. 61 Whitney Taney (U-M) d. Christy Andrews (USC), 6-1, 6-1
No. 6 -- Rika Tatsuno (U-M) d. Lyndsay Kinstler (USC), 6-3, 6-1

Doubles
No. 1 -- No. 80 Sanchez/Christian (USC) d. Taney/Tatsuno (U-M), 8-4
No. 2 -- Bolender/Muresan (U-M) d. Lao/Kintsler (USC), 8-3
No. 3 -- Ramos/Andrews (USC) d. Nguyen/Critser (U-M), 9-8 (6)

Order of Completion: Doubles 2-1-3 ; Singles 3-6-1-5-4-2

So Taney will stay at #5, right? :devil: Some commentary would be much appreciated, didn't watch except the last game of Nguyen vs Christian, after 30-0.

johnnytennis
Jan 30th, 2011, 11:12 PM

Anyway johnnytennis, gloat all you want :lol: Didn't watch due to ITF, so you can provide some commentary. Zootennis covered the match I heard.

I'm not going to gloat! It was a great match with two very good teams and it could have gone either way. It was a lot closer then the 5-2 score. I think Colette was here today. She lives in Kalamazoo not that far from us here in Ann Arbor.

fantic
Jan 30th, 2011, 11:23 PM
I'm not going to gloat! It was a great match with two very good teams and it could have gone either way. It was a lot closer then the 5-2 score. I think Colette was here today. She lives in Kalamazoo not that far from us here in Ann Arbor.

what, so you'll leave commentary to her? Do let's have some tennisforum version :lol: Bolender wan't bad at the National (but didn't she lose to Hibi there? :lol: Not that Hibi is bad, mind you, she was ULTRA aggressive, always volleying :lol: ), but that score is pretty bad for Ramos :sad: Where's the Ramos version of beating Mosolova TWICE :bigcry:

fantic
Jan 30th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Miami Arizona State

#1 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
#34 Kelcy McKenna, Arizona State
Order of finish: 2
#16 Bianca Eichkorn, Miami
#2 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
#38 Jacqueline Cako, Arizona State
Order of finish: 4
#98 Anna Bartenstein, Miami
#3 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
#74 Micaela Hein, Arizona State
Order of finish: 5
#99 Danielle Mills, Miami
#4 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Michelle Brycki, Arizona State
Order of finish: 1
Melissa Bolivar, Miami
#5 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
#90 Hannah James, Arizona State
Order of finish: 6
Gabriela Mejia, Miami
#6 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Ashlee Brown, Arizona State
Order of finish: 3
Brittany Dubins, Miami

I can understand McKenna losing, but James and Brycki :o

johnnytennis
Jan 30th, 2011, 11:34 PM
So Taney will stay at #5, right? :devil: Some commentary would be much appreciated, didn't watch except the last game of Nguyen vs Christian, after 30-0.

fantic, You were comparing the two teams lineups, Michigan and USC and talking about all of USC's strengths but then don't include all of the key Michigan players so I nicely mentioned that and now you cant let it go. You would have done the same thing if I had forgotten to include key players in USC's lineup. Just wanted to make sure you are comparing apples to apples!

johnnytennis
Jan 30th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Here is a big upset! Arkansas 4 Notre Dame 3

Singles competition
1. #9 Kristy Frilling (ND) def. #26 Anouk Tigu (ARK) 6-3, 6-1
2. #104 Shannon Mathews (ND) def. Kate Lukomskaya (ARK) 6-1, 6-0
3. Emily Carbone (ARK) def. #79 Kristen Rafael (ND) 6-3, 6-0
4. Claudine Paulson (ARK) def. #78 Chrissie McGaffigan (ND) 6-2, 6-4
5. Stephanie Roy (ARK) def. #106 Jennifer Kellner (ND) 2-6, 6-1, 6-0
6. Julie Sabacinski (ND) def. Valentina Starkova (ARK) 6-4, 6-1
Doubles competition
1. Claudine Paulson/Anouk Tigu (ARK) def. Kristy Frilling/Shannon Mathews (ND) 8-2
2. Jennifer Kellner/Chrissie McGaffigan (ND) vs. Kate Lukomskaya/Stephanie Roy (ARK) 6-5, unfinished
3. Jade Frampton/Valentina Starkova (ARK) def. Kristen Rafael/Julie Sabacinski (ND) 9-8 (7-4)
Match Notes:
Arkansas 4-0; National ranking #23
Notre Dame 2-1; National ranking #4
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3); Singles (2,3,1,6,4,5)

fantic
Jan 31st, 2011, 12:19 AM
fantic, You were comparing the two teams lineups, Michigan and USC and talking about all of USC's strengths but then don't include all of the key Michigan players so I nicely mentioned that and now you cant let it go. You would have done the same thing if I had forgotten to include key players in USC's lineup. Just wanted to make sure you are comparing apples to apples!

Yes, the problem is that Taney played (whichever position :lol: ) and Pulido didn't :bigcry: Ah well, should lower the expectation this year too :sad:

fantic
Jan 31st, 2011, 12:21 AM

Singles competition
Doubles competition
1. Claudine Paulson/Anouk Tigu (ARK) def. Kristy Frilling/Shannon Mathews (ND) 8-2
2. Jennifer Kellner/Chrissie McGaffigan (ND) vs. Kate Lukomskaya/Stephanie Roy (ARK) 6-5, unfinished
3. Jade Frampton/Valentina Starkova (ARK) def. Kristen Rafael/Julie Sabacinski (ND) 9-8 (7-4)
Match Notes:

So Mathew is back...at least in singles :lol:
I'm not that surprised of doubles #1, Paulson/Tigu did well at Riviera.
But that loss at #3 clearly cost ND.

fantic
Jan 31st, 2011, 12:30 AM
from MICH website;

'U-M's No. 3 duo of Critser and Nguyen held a 7-4 lead with the opportunity to serve out the match, but USC rallied and won four of the next five games to force a tiebreaker. The Wolverines had two match points in the tiebreaker, but the Trojans rallied again to win the breaker (8-6) and the doubles point.'

Cristie, Alison :bowdown: Even though Pulido didn't play :lol:

....Is Alison becoming a doubles specialist? :hysteric:

Tennisace
Jan 31st, 2011, 01:28 AM
How the hell can Cossou be a sacrificial lamb at #2, since she's one of the best at that position :lol: Of course she lacks matches, dunno of her condition, but still :lol: Isip could be dangerous, that I concede.

Yes I mean Cossou as a sacrificial because she hasn't played many matches at all and will be rusty for a bit.

RobertCB
Jan 31st, 2011, 02:18 AM
gouci, I just checked the UCI score and was shocked to see that Hammel did not play ;). I would have thought she would have been ready to play this season since she was healthy enough to play in the Big West tourney last season! Oh, I see, UCI only issues casts during the post season :lol:. Anyway, as time goes by it becomes more apparent how desperate your coach was and what cost he was willing to bare to beat good old LBSU. Oh wait, the cost was all Hammel's :(.

fantic
Jan 31st, 2011, 04:09 AM
#6 UNC 4, #15 Georgia 3

ITA Kickoff Weekend, 2nd Round, Chapel Hill, N.C.

Doubles

No. 1 #8 Featherston/McHale (UNC) def. Gullickson/Fuller (UGA) 8-6

No. 2 #80 Durisic/Lyons (UNC) def. Kowase/Kimbell (UGA) 8-6

No. 3 #40 Anghelescu/Ellis (UGA) vs. Bruckyer/Stone (UNC), unfinished (7-5)

Singles

No. 1 Chelsey Gullickson (UGA) def. #13 Zoe De Bruycker (UNC) 6-1,6-2

No. 2 #54 Shianann Featherston (UNC) def. #97 Maho Kowase (UGA) 3-6,6-3,7-6(2)

No. 3 Alexandra Anghelescu (UGA) def. #92 Jelena Durisic (UNC) 7-5,6-4

No. 4 Gina Suarez-Malaguti (UNC) def. #95 Lilly Kimbell (UGA) 6-0,6-4

No. 5 #58 Cameron Ellis (UGA) def. #86 Lauren McHale (UNC) 6-2,6-3

No. 6 Haley Hemm (UNC) def. Kate Fuller (UGA) 6-1,6-2

Order of Finish: Doubles (2,*1); Singles (1,4,5,6,3,**2)

*Clinched point; **clinched match

Team Records: UGA now 2-1, UNC 4-0

So even Gullickson playing was not enough. But Gilchrist didn't play anyway (Gilchrist/Kimbell doubles were pretty good at Riviera),
so I will still cling to the illusion that ASU is better than UNC :happy:

And Hemm is really doing well this season.

fantic
Jan 31st, 2011, 05:25 AM
tomorrow's another big match;

OLE MISS vs LADY VOLS

fantic
Jan 31st, 2011, 05:35 AM
#7 Duke 6, #62 Brown University 1
Jan. 30, 2011 at Durham, N.C. (Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center)
Singles competition
1. #4 Reka Zsilinszka (DU) def. Bianca Aboubakare (BROWN) 6-2, 7-5
2. #71 Eliazbeth Plotkin (DU) def. Misia Krasowski (BROWN) 6-2, 5-7, 1-0 (10-8)
3. #49 Ellah Nze (DU) def. Cassandra Herzberg (BROWN) 6-2, 6-2

Nze moves to #3 :lol:

4. Rachel Kahan (DU) def. Julie Flanzer (BROWN) 6-0, 6-2
5. #43 Mary Clayton (DU) def. Ariel Caldwell (BROWN) 6-1, 6-0
6. Jessica Harrow (BROWN) def. Monica Gorny (DU) 2-6, 6-1, 1-0 (13-11)

Jessica! :bowdown: knew you could do it :yeah:

Doubles competition
1. Bianca Aboubakare/Jessica Harrow (BROWN) def. #4 Nadine Fahoum/Ellah Nze (DU) 5-3, DNF

Jessica again :cheer: I remember Harrow/Smyth combo doing pretty well :)

2. #39 Mary Clayton/Monica Gorny (DU) def. Cassandra Herzberg/Misia Krasowski (BROWN) 8-2
3. #34 Hanna Mar/Reka Zsilinszka (DU) def. Julie Flanzer/Ariel Caldwell (BROWN) 8-2

fantic
Jan 31st, 2011, 05:50 AM
No surprise here. Told ya this group is tough and rife for upset.

Doubles

Dy/Chan (UW) def. #43 Seaborne/Segarelli (FSU) 8-6

Smith/Nemcevic (UW) def. Scharle/Veldman (FSU) 8-5

Rybakova/Suess (FSU) def. Xu/Krsljanin (UW) 8-3

As expected, UW doubles were really good in Ojai last season.

Singles

#6 Denise Dy (UW) def. #42 Katie Rybakova (FSU) 6-2, 4-6, 7-5

Denise :lol:

#55 Venise Chan (UW) def. #18 Noemie Scharle (FSU) 6-1, 6-3

Venise bounces back.

Francesca Segarelli (FSU) def. Samantha Smith (UW) 2-6, 6-1, 6-2

Wow Smith nice effort.

Ruth Seaborne (FSU) def. Andjela Nemcevic (UW) 7-6 (7-2), 7-5

Federica Suess (FSU) def. Lina Xu (UW) 6-3, 1-6, 7-5

Aleksandra Krsljanin (UW) def. Manon Veldman (FSU) 6-0, 5-7, 6-1

Singles Order of Finish - 2, 3, 4, 6, 5, 1

Doubles Order of Finish - 3, 2, 1

Oh man I can't wait to watch UW against USD or SDS (if I can, barring ITF)

Consolation Match (Texas vs. Princeton) Results

Singles

#8 Aeriel Ellis (TX) def. Hilary Bartlett (PU) 7-6 (7-5), 5-7, (11-9)

Ellis :lol: But GREAT effort by Bartlett

Krista Damico (TX) def. Taylor Marable (PU) 6-2, 6-0

Maggie Mello (TX) def. Rachel Saiontz (PU) 6-4, 6-4

Mello moves up to #3

Amanda Craddock (TX) def. Monica Chow (PU) 6-3, 7-5

Juliana Gajic (TX) def. Katherine Flanigan (PU) 6-4, 6-3

Elizabeth Begley (TX) def. Blakely Ashley (PU) 0-6, 7-5, 6-1

Even Begley is vulnerable :lol:

Doubles

Bartlett/Marable (PU) def. #87 Ellis/Damico (TX) 8-6

Gaytan-Leach/Craddock (TX) def. Chow/Saiontz (PU) 8-1

Ashley/Flanigan (PU) def. Gajic/Mello (TX) 8-3

Singles Order of Finish - 2, 5, 3, 6, 4, 1

Doubles Order of Finish - 2, 3, 1

Man, I guess USC won't have to worry too much about UT :devil:

See ya ladies in February :devil:

fantic
Jan 31st, 2011, 06:00 AM
Hanle
6-3, 6-1
Nakic

I thought Nakic at #1 was a bit... you know :lol:

Harmath
#2 6-0, 6-7, 6-4
Novakova

Who is Harmath????

Jackson

#3 6-2, 7-5
Secerbegovic

Nina at #3 :ras:

Guzman #4 7-5, 6-0
Filipiak

Trigo

#5 6-1, 6-3
Stanivuk
Anicete 6-3, 7-6(2)
Stainback

Doubles

Guzman/Hanle 9-8
Stanivuk/Secerbegovic
Harmath/Rasch
#2 8-2 Nakic/Novakova
Jackson/Trigo
8-4 #3 Stainback/Filipiak

Rice won the doubles :o BU this year is vulnerable, UCLA might win their home match.

-------------

Told ya Alabama is dangerous;

Macfarlane
6-4, 6-4
Nakic

OK, time to move Nina to #1.

Guarachi
#2 6-7, 6-2, 6-3
Novakova

Guarachi :eek:

Mclane

#3 6-3, 6-2
Secerbegovic

Clay #4 7-6, 7-5
Filipiak

told ya Clay is good, too bad she lost.

Foehse

#5 6-2, 7-6
Stanivuk
Lindsey 7-5, 6-2 #6
Stainback

Doubles

Guarachi/Mclane 9-7
Stanivuk/Secerbegovic
Clay/Lindsey

wow, that's nice effort by S/S

#2 8-1 Nakic/Novakova
Macfarlane/Foeshe
8-2 #3 Stainback/Filipiak

fantic
Jan 31st, 2011, 06:08 AM
#10 Clemson (7-0) def. #19 Vanderbilt (2-1), 4-2
January 30, 2011 – ITA Kickoff Weekend
Clemson Regional Championship – Clemson, SC
Doubles:
#20 Dillon/Leatu (VU) led #2 Bek/Wong (CU) , 6-5, dnf

:eek: Dillon/Leatu, WOW. Why didn't this team play at Riviera?

#53 Preeg/Wu (VU) def. Belaya/Magnusson (CU), 8-3
Mira/Ulery (VU) def. Ciolkowski/Vyskocilova (CU), 8-6
Order of Finish: 2, 3

Singles:
#12 Josipa Bek (CU) def. #83 Jackie Wu (VU), 7-6(6), 6-0

Josipa, that was...close :lol:

#48 Keri Wong (CU) def. #50 Alex Leatu (VU), 5-7, 7-5, 6-4

Huh. Anyone know how Leatu plays?

#89 Chelsea Preeg (VU) def. Klara Vyskocilova (CU), 7-5, 6-2
Nelly Ciolkowski (CU) def. #64 Rachael Dillon (VU) 7-5, 6-3

I thought Ciolkowski was the 2nd or 3rd best player? :lol:

#119 Lauren Mira (VU) led Maria Belaya (CU) v. 3-6, 6-4, 1-0

Mira too, for that matter.

Caroline Magnusson (CU) def. Keilly Ulery (VU) 6-2, 6-3
Order of Finish: 3,1,4,2,6*
Time of Match: 4:31

fantic
Jan 31st, 2011, 06:13 AM
No. 20 Northwestern 5, No. 44 Harvard 0
Singles:
1: #52 Maria Mosolova (NU) vs. #46 Holly Cao (HVD), 5-7, 2-4, unf.

What? :lol:

2: #66 Brittany Wowchuk (NU) def. Hideko Tachibana (HVD), 6-4, 6-2
3: #76 Belinda Niu (NU) def. Kristin Norton (HVD), 6-1, 6-0
4: #120 Kate Turvy (NU) def. Samantha Rosekrans (HVD), 6-3, 6-4
5: Nida Hamilton (NU) vs. Natalie Blosser (HVD), 7-6 (2), 4-5, unf.

Huh, nice effort by Blosser

6: Stacey Lee (NU) def. Samantha Gridley (HVD), 6-3, 6-2

Doubles:
1: #30 Abu Mushrefova/Hamilton (NU) def. Cao/Rosekrans (HVD), 8-5
2: Chernyakova/Wowchuk (NU) def. Blosser/Tachibana (HVD), 8-4
3: Mosolova/Niu (NU) def. Morrill/Norton (HVD), 8-5

Order of Finish:
Singles (3, 6, 4*, 2)
Doubles (3, 1*, 2)

No. 34 Nebraska 5, No. 38 Boise State 2
Singles:
1: Mary Weatherholt (NEB) def. Lauren Megale (BSU), 6-1, 6-0

I did thought that Weatherholt not playing Riviera was strange :lol:
But that's a convincing win, even Putilina struggled against Megale :eek:

2: Sonia Klamczynska (BSU) def. Madeleine Geibert (NEB), 7-5, 6-3
3: Patricia Veresova (NEB) def. Stephanie Jasper (BSU), 7-6, 6-2
4: Stefanie Weinstein (NEB) def. Marlena Pietzuch (BSU), 7-5, 6-4
5: Janine Weinreich (NEB) def. Elyse Edwards (BSU), 6-3, 6-3
6: Jennifer Holmberg (NEB) def. Sandy Vo (BSU), 6-3, 6-1

Doubles:
1: Megale/Pietzuch (BSU) def. Geibert/Weinstein (NEB), 8-4
2: Weatherholt/Veresova (NEB) def. Edwards/Basil (BSU), 8-0
3: Jasper/Vo (BSU) def. Weinreich/Holmberg (NEB), 9-8 (6)

Order of Finish:
Singles (1, 6, 5, 2, 3*, 4)
Doubles (2, 1, 3*)

No. 20 Northwestern 7, No. 34 Nebraska 0
Singles:
1: #52 Maria Mosolova (NU) def. Mary Weatherholt 2-6, 2-1, ret.

Is this for real :lol: Or did Weatherholt get THAT better?????

2: #66 Brittany Wowchuk (NU) def. Medeleine Geibert (NEB), 6-3, 6-3
3: #76 Belinda Niu (NU) def. Patricia Veresova (NEB), 6-1, 6-7 (5), 1-0 (10-3)
4: #120 Kate Turvy (NU) def. Stefanie Weinstein (NEB), 4-6, 6-3, 1-0 (10-1)
5: Stacey Lee (NU) def. Janine Weinreich (NEB), 6-2, 6-2
6: Nida Hamilton (NU) def. Jennifer Holmberg (NEB), 6-4, 6-1

Doubles:
1: #30 Abu Mushrefova/Hamilton (NU) def. Geibert/Weinstein (NEB), 8-6
2: Chernyakova/Wowchuk (NU) vs. Weatherholt/Veresova (NEB), 6-5 (unf.)
3: Mosolova/Niu (NU) def. Weinreich/Holmberg (NEB), 8-3

Order of Finish:
Singles (1, 5, 6*, 2, 3, 4)
Doubles (3, 1*)

fantic
Jan 31st, 2011, 06:27 AM
No. 28 USF 4, No. 25 Illinois 3
ITA Kickoff Weekend
Atlanta, Ga.

Singles
1. No. 24 Irene Rehberger (USF) def. Breanne Smutko(Illinois) 6-0, 6-0
2. Ecaterina Vasenina (USF) def. Chelcie Abajian(Illinois) 6-2, 6-3
3. No. 100 Rachael White (Illinois) def. Janette Bejlkova (USF) 6-3, 6-3

White at #3? For real? :lol:

4. Amy Allin (Illinois) def. Loreto Alonso Martinez (USF) 6-0, 7-6
5. Alessandra Bonte (USF) def. Marisa Lambropoulos (Illinois) 7-5, 6-4
6. Allison Falkin (Illinois) def. Kate Parker (USF) 6-3, 6-0
Finish Order – 1, 2, 6, 4, 3, 5

Doubles
1. No. 25 Bejlkova/Alonso Martinez (USF) def. No. 15 White/Falkin (Illinois) 8-4
2. No. 45 Rehberger/Vasenina (USF) and Abajian/Smutko (Illinois) 6-5 (DNF)
3. Parker/Bonte (USF) def. Allin/ Lambropoulos (Illinois) 8-6
Finish Order- 1, 3

#13 Georgia Tech 5, #30 Iowa 2
Singles competition:
1. Viet Ha Ngo (GT) def. Sonja Molnar (Iowa), 6-1, 6-0

WHAT THE..didn't Molnar harass Ellis at Riviera? :eek:

2. Caroline Lilley (GT) def. Jessica Young (Iowa), 7-5, 6-1
3. Jillian O'Neill (GT) def. Alexis Dorr (Iowa), 6-0, 6-2
4. Lynn Blau (GT) def. Lynne Poggensee-Wei (Iowa), 6-1, 6-4
5. Jessica Cohen (Iowa) def. Sasha Krupina (GT), 6-4, 6-2
6. Christina Harazin (Iowa) def. Elizabeth Kilborn (GT) 6-3, 6-4

Doubles competition:
1. Lilley/Krupina (GT) vs. Molnar/Young (Iowa), 6-6
2. Ngo/O'Neill (GT) def. Cohen/Dorr (Iowa), 8-2
3. Blau/Kilborn (GT) def. Poggensee-Wei/Harazin (Iowa), 8-2

#13 Georgia Tech 5, #28 South Florida 2
Singles competition:
1. Viet Ha Ngo (GT) def. Irene Rehberger (USF) 3-6, 7-5, 1-0

Ngo :eek: Rehberger is a tough customer, worthy of GT's #1 I guess

2. Caroline Lilley (GT) def. Ecaterina Vasenina (USF) 6-3, 7-6 (7-5)

Same here, Vasenina is a wily player..

3. Janette Bejikova (USF) def. Jillian O'Neill (GT) 6-1, 7-5

This is a surprise :lol:

But...this is Bejikova's bio (http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=36651&SPID=2918&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=1441428&Q_SEASON=2010)

4. Loreto Alonso (USF) def. Lynn Blau (GT) 1-6, 6-3, 6-1
5. Sasha Krupina (GT) def. Allessandra Bonte (USF) 6-1, 7-6
6. Rocio Alberca Lopez (GT) def. Kate Parker (USF) 6-4, 6-1

Doubles competition:
1. Janette Bejikova/Loreto Alonso (USF) def. Caroline Lilley/Sasha Krupina (GT) 8-4
2. Viet Ha Ngo/Jillian O'Neill (GT) def. Irene Rehberger/Ecaterina Vasenina (USF) 8-5
3. Lynn Blau/Elizabeth Kilborn (GT) def. Kate Parker/Allessandra Bonte (USF) 8-4

Match Notes:
South Florida 1-1; National ranking #28
Georgia Tech 3-0; National ranking #13
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (6,5,3,4,2)

Kevin.
Jan 31st, 2011, 06:30 AM
poor Maho to lose it in a third set TB :sad:

fantic
Jan 31st, 2011, 06:34 AM
Featherston did really well at UNLV, beating Hein in 3 sets and almost beating Ahn, so.

fantic
Jan 31st, 2011, 06:36 AM

Singles competition
Doubles competition
Match Notes:

I thought Sanders might play doubles...she was quite good with her sister, have beaten Christian/Santamaria once weathering numerous MPs, I think :lol:

fantic
Jan 31st, 2011, 06:42 AM
gouci, I just checked the UCI score and was shocked to see that Hammel did not play ;). I would have thought she would have been ready to play this season since she was healthy enough to play in the Big West tourney last season! Oh, I see, UCI only issues casts during the post season :lol:. Anyway, as time goes by it becomes more apparent how desperate your coach was and what cost he was willing to bare to beat good old LBSU. Oh wait, the cost was all Hammel's :(.

RobertCB, you posted on the wrong thread :)

And come on, let's just enjoy the new season, gentlemen :lol:

fantic
Jan 31st, 2011, 11:46 AM
tomorrow's another big match;

OLE MISS vs LADY VOLS

So. WWW?

1. Natalie Pluskota (TENN) vs Kristi Boxx (OM)
2. #20 Brynn Boren (TENN) vs Connor Vogel (OM)
3. #87 Rosalia Alda (TENN) vs Caroline Rohde-Moe (OM)
4. #116 Maria Sorbello (TENN) vs Abby Guthrie (OM)
5. Kata Szekely (TENN) vs Laura van de Stroet (OM)
6. Fidan Manashirova (OSU) vs Vivian Vlaar (OM)

Doubles competition
1. Natalie Pluskota/Brynn Boren (TENN) vs Boxx/Rohde-Moe (OM)
2. #9 Rosalia Alda/Millie Nichols (TENN) vs Vogel/Rangel (OM)
3. Jennifer Meredith/Maria Sorbello (TENN) vs Guthrie/van de Stroet (OM)

Boxx will win #1.

Kristi Boxx (OM) def. Marta Lesniak (SMU) 6-4, 7-6(4)

Hell, Boxx beat Will at Riviera so I'm not surprised. :lol:

Boren will win #2 (Boren got so much better after 107th Sectional. Vide Carson challenger last year against Christian and against Vandeweghe at..which tournament was that? :help: )

after that dunno :lol:

When in doubt, a sure safe bet is to say that doubles will influence the outcome :haha:

2nd_serve
Jan 31st, 2011, 03:37 PM
Cal v. St. Mary's scheduled for today at 1:30. It was rained out.
I don't think we we see an upset, but do think the match will be closer than the rankings would suggest.

link (http://www.calbears.com/sports/w-tennis/sched/cal-w-tennis-sched.html) to cal page

gouci
Jan 31st, 2011, 04:12 PM
RobertCB, you posted on the wrong thread :)
Rob is definitely a Long Beach St. grad. :happy:

2nd_serve
Jan 31st, 2011, 05:38 PM
And come on, let's just enjoy the new season, gentlemen :lol:

Here, here !!:bounce: :bounce:

RobertCB
Jan 31st, 2011, 06:46 PM
No, I posted on my thread of choice. I am seeking a response from gouci and wanted to make sure he had an opportunity to respond. I just assumed he may have over looked my posts on other threads because he has not commented. He always posted replies to form on the same topic but I guess I am no form :(.

2nd_serve
Jan 31st, 2011, 07:54 PM
No, I posted on my thread of choice. :(.

It is about time to move to this year's season.

Tennisace
Feb 1st, 2011, 12:12 AM
#7 Duke 6, #62 Brown University 1
Jan. 30, 2011 at Durham, N.C. (Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center)
Singles competition
1. #4 Reka Zsilinszka (DU) def. Bianca Aboubakare (BROWN) 6-2, 7-5
2. #71 Eliazbeth Plotkin (DU) def. Misia Krasowski (BROWN) 6-2, 5-7, 1-0 (10-8)
3. #49 Ellah Nze (DU) def. Cassandra Herzberg (BROWN) 6-2, 6-2

Nze moves to #3 :lol:

4. Rachel Kahan (DU) def. Julie Flanzer (BROWN) 6-0, 6-2
5. #43 Mary Clayton (DU) def. Ariel Caldwell (BROWN) 6-1, 6-0
6. Jessica Harrow (BROWN) def. Monica Gorny (DU) 2-6, 6-1, 1-0 (13-11)

Jessica! :bowdown: knew you could do it :yeah:

Doubles competition
1. Bianca Aboubakare/Jessica Harrow (BROWN) def. #4 Nadine Fahoum/Ellah Nze (DU) 5-3, DNF

Jessica again :cheer: I remember Harrow/Smyth combo doing pretty well :)

2. #39 Mary Clayton/Monica Gorny (DU) def. Cassandra Herzberg/Misia Krasowski (BROWN) 8-2
3. #34 Hanna Mar/Reka Zsilinszka (DU) def. Julie Flanzer/Ariel Caldwell (BROWN) 8-2

While not a violation, its interesting to see that Clayton has fallen in the ladder. At Hawaii, she was playing No. 3 behind Nadine and Reka and in front of Plotkin. But now she is No. 6 behind Plotkin, Nze, and Kahan. Hmmmm. Come on Duke, is she your No. 3 or No. 6....

fantic
Feb 1st, 2011, 03:34 AM
12 Tennessee 5, #17 Ole Miss 2
Singles competition
1. Natalie Pluskota (TENN) def. #21 Kristi Boxx (MISS) 6-2, 3-6, 6-2
2. #20 Brynn Boren (TENN) def. #114 Connor Vogel (MISS) 3-6, 7-6 (8-6), 1-0 (12-10)
3. Caroline Rohde-Moe (MISS) def. #87 Rosalia Alda (TENN) 7-5, 6-2
4. Kata Szekely (TENN) def. Abby Guthrie (MISS) 6-3, 7-6 (7-3)
5. Millie Nichols (TENN) def. Laura van de Stroet (MISS) 6-4, 6-2
6. Vivian Vlaar (MISS) def. Whitney Wofford (TENN) 6-3, 6-4
Doubles competition
1. Natalie Pluskota/Brynn Boren (TENN) vs. Kristi Boxx/Caroline Rohde-Moe (MISS) 7-7, unfinished
2. #9 Rosalia Alda/Millie Nichols (TENN) def. Connor Vogel/Gabby Rangel (MISS) 8-6
3. Jennifer Meredith/Kata Szekely (TENN) def. Abby Guthrie/Laura van de Stroet (MISS) 8-2

Order of finish: Doubles (3,2); Singles (5,6,4,1,3,2)

Clearly the team who won doubles won the match :lol:
Funny Boxx/Guthrie weren't operational.

fantic
Feb 1st, 2011, 03:40 AM
From UCLA website

"Hopefully we will have a chance to beat both teams."

Coach Sampras is ambitious, wants to end that mad streak :lol:

#5 UCLA 4, Sacramento State 0
Jan 31, 2011 at Los Angeles, CA (Los Angeles Tennis Center)

Doubles
1. #57 Dolehide/Remynse (UCLA) def. Delgado/Kapshai (SAC) 9-7
2. Montez/Seguso (UCLA) vs. Baca/Meliuk (SAC) 8-7, Susp.
3. Johansson/Jones (UCLA) def. Katharina Knoebl/Lohscheidt (SAC) 9-8(3)
UCLA Wins Doubles Point

Great effort by SAC St.

Singles
1. McCall Jones (UCLA) def. Tatsiana Kapshai (SAC) 6-2, 6-0

Jones is doing ok so far :lol:

2. Andrea Remynse (UCLA) def. Rebeca Delgado (SAC) 6-2, 6-1
3. #36 Courtney Dolehide (UCLA) vs. Maria Meliuk (SAC) 7-6(5), Susp.

Courtney, still struggling :lol: I do want a Dolehide / Christian matchup :)

4. Pamela Montez (UCLA) vs. Clarisse Baca (SAC) 2-6, 5-3, Susp.

Baca, beating Colffer was not an accident. The player to watch this year.

5. Maya Johansson (UCLA) vs. Sophie Lohscheidt (SAC) 6-1, 4-4, Susp.
6. Carling Seguso (UCLA) def. Milica Zivanovic (SAC) 6-2, 6-3

Nice score by Seguso against a good opponent.

fantic
Feb 1st, 2011, 12:52 PM
No. 9 California 5, No. 40 Saint Mary's College 2
Monday, Jan. 31, 2011
New records: California (2-0), Saint Mary's College (1-2)
Doubles
1. No. 5 Andersson/Juricova (CAL) def. No. 87 Isip/Poorta (SMC) 8-1

Wow :lol:

2. Davis/Goransson (CAL) def. Fisher/Jullien (SMC) 8-2
3. Chikhikvishvili/Soper (SMC) def. Cossou/Duranteau (CAL) 8-1
Order of finish: 2, 3, 1* (California wins doubles point)

Cal asserts their power by dominating the doubles (of course except the Frenchies :lol: )

Singles
1. No. 1 Jana Juricova (CAL) def. No. 85 Alex Poorta (SMC) 6-1, 6-3

I was afraid of this :lol:

2. No. 46 Mari Andersson (CAL) def. Catherine Isip (SMC) 6-7(5), 6-4, 6-1

Wow Isip almost upset Andersson :lol:

3. No. 44 Annie Goransson (CAL) def. Jenny Jullien (SMC) 6-2, 3-6, 6-4

Jullien at #3, not bad I guess.

4. No. 35 Tayler Davis (CAL) def. Claire Soper (SMC) 6-2, 6-2

Seems switching Davis and Goransson paid off. Hmm..who's actually better, of the two.

5. Anna Chikhikvishvili (SMC) def. Alice Duranteau (CAL) 4-6, 6-2, 6-1
6. Laurie Gingras (SMC) def. Stephany Chang (CAL) 6-7(6), 6-4, 6-4
Order of finish: 4, 1, 5, 3*, 2, 6

Tennisace
Feb 1st, 2011, 04:20 PM
No. 9 California 5, No. 40 Saint Mary's College 2
Monday, Jan. 31, 2011
New records: California (2-0), Saint Mary's College (1-2)
Doubles
1. No. 5 Andersson/Juricova (CAL) def. No. 87 Isip/Poorta (SMC) 8-1

Wow :lol:

2. Davis/Goransson (CAL) def. Fisher/Jullien (SMC) 8-2
3. Chikhikvishvili/Soper (SMC) def. Cossou/Duranteau (CAL) 8-1
Order of finish: 2, 3, 1* (California wins doubles point)

Cal asserts their power by dominating the doubles (of course except the Frenchies :lol: )

Singles
1. No. 1 Jana Juricova (CAL) def. No. 85 Alex Poorta (SMC) 6-1, 6-3

I was afraid of this :lol:

2. No. 46 Mari Andersson (CAL) def. Catherine Isip (SMC) 6-7(5), 6-4, 6-1

Wow Isip almost upset Andersson :lol:

3. No. 44 Annie Goransson (CAL) def. Jenny Jullien (SMC) 6-2, 3-6, 6-4

Jullien at #3, not bad I guess.

4. No. 35 Tayler Davis (CAL) def. Claire Soper (SMC) 6-2, 6-2

Seems switching Davis and Goransson paid off. Hmm..who's actually better, of the two.

5. Anna Chikhikvishvili (SMC) def. Alice Duranteau (CAL) 4-6, 6-2, 6-1
6. Laurie Gingras (SMC) def. Stephany Chang (CAL) 6-7(6), 6-4, 6-4
Order of finish: 4, 1, 5, 3*, 2, 6

Head to head, Goransson beats Davis in a challenge match. Goransson's game matches up well against Davis. Davis' game though probably matches up better against most opponents at No. 3 than Goransson.

fantic
Feb 2nd, 2011, 12:47 AM
huh, I see. Thx :)

fantic
Feb 2nd, 2011, 09:29 AM
Colette Lewis' report on USC vs MICH

LINK (http://www.tennisrecruiting.net/article.asp?id=1141)

Cristie :bowdown: Kaitlyn :sobbing: