PDA

View Full Version : Do you think a player's outfit affects/symbolizes their play?

brent-o
May 29th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I know it sounds silly, but there have been times when I've noticed that when my favorite player looks sharp in their outfit, they tend to play really well. The same thing for when their outfit is a hot mess, their game follows suit. I know this obviously doesn't happen all the time. What do you guys think? Ever notice trends like this?

Tennisation
May 29th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Since when have Kim had a nice outfit? :spit:

joćo.
May 29th, 2010, 09:46 PM
`:lol:
Maybe this isn't about Kim though and the OP has some other player in mind :rolleyes:

edificio
May 29th, 2010, 09:46 PM
This is interesting, because Venus said that she tries to design outfits that reflect her personality. Well, now I'm not sure what is her personality? Definitely don't think the outfit affects the outcome, though. If it did, how could Rezai have won so many matches?

Polikarpov
May 29th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Caravane? :spit:

Gdsimmons
May 29th, 2010, 09:50 PM

:haha::haha:. too funny

Im sure the ladies feel confident in how they look but I do not think it affects their play too much

miffedmax
Ha! Because then Elena would play a relentless, boring, grinding game where she hit every shot crosscourt and...wait, maybe there is something to this...

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Fully agree with you

brent-o
May 29th, 2010, 09:51 PM

:lol: I meant people's favs in general. But you have a point. I did quite like her US Open 2009 outfit and her Aussie 2007 (she looked great in that and she came in as a heavy fave. Too bad she lost listlessly...)

Vartan
May 29th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Malta!

Bijoux0021
May 29th, 2010, 09:55 PM
This is interesting, because Venus said that she tries to design outfits that reflect her personality. Well, now I'm not sure what is her personality? Definitely don't think the outfit affects the outcome, though. If it did, how could Rezai have won so many matches?
:haha:

Midnight_Robber
May 29th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Depends. Sometimes.

Serena in the catsuit, on the prowl was sending a statement.
Venus in the Goddess dress ruling the court.
Maria's first Wimbledon - dress was simple, direct but effective and it stood out - a lot like her game did that year.
JJ made her first slam final wearing one of her nicest dresses ever.
Rezai's dress - uh... the lame makes her feel ultra-bold maybe, and the gold signifies that she's a star?

Of course it probably only works that way for if the player has an interest in fashion in the first place.

soomaal
May 29th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Depends. Sometimes.

Maria's first Wimbledon - dress was simple, direct but effective and it stood out - a lot like her game did that year.
Rezai's dress - uh... the lame makes her feel ultra-bold maybe, and the gold signifies that she's a star?

Of course it probably only works that way for if the player has an interest in fashion in the first place.

You really do try hard to make the irrational sound rational. Not this time though. Bless you.:cool:

brent-o
May 30th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Depends. Sometimes.

Lol this reminded me of Rachel Berry from Glee.