PDA

View Full Version : Do players not living near Europe fly home after early RG exit ? or...

New
May 29th, 2010, 09:59 PM
do they just simply hang about one week around France/UK till Birmingham arrives?

I'm seriously curious... I mean if they stay like in Asia or the west coast of US, they would be like spending quite sometime for their flight to go back home(tuesday pack up and perhaps reach home on a thursday) then after a few days of adjusting to timeline and they have to fly back(i assume a few days beforehand - leave on a wednesday so arrive on a friday/saturday) to get ready for grass...

However, if they stayed like one whole week in UK... the lodging would cost a lot of $$$ or is it cheaper to just fly back and forth? which I think would also cost a few thousand...

Anyone have any ideas?

Cp6uja
May 29th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Anyone have any ideas?Back to Asia and changing time zone, and than very soon back to Europe and changing time zone once again not seems like smart idea in just 2-3 weeks.

Inktrailer
May 29th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Stay in europe i'd imagine. I know Roddick said earlier that he's just going to go to London next.

edificio
May 29th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah, depends where they are from.

Haute
May 29th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Back to Asia and changing time zone, and than very soon back to Europe and changing time zone once again not seems like smart idea in just 2-3 weeks.

Especially since it holds true that however many times zones you cross that's how many days it takes for your body to readjust.

LH2HBH
May 29th, 2010, 10:52 PM
I am pretty sure in an interview with Venus after a first week FO exit she said she went back to the States.

edificio
May 29th, 2010, 10:53 PM
I am pretty sure in an interview with Venus after a first week FO exit she said she went back to the States.

Also, probably depends on if you plan to play a warm-up tourney, and we know V/S haven't played those in a while for Wimbledon.

Inktrailer
May 29th, 2010, 10:54 PM

Aye but most other players want to play a grass tournament before Wimbledon. Venus would have had a three week break.

Tennisstar86
May 29th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Im sure it depends on how big they are..... Considering Serena has an apartment in France....She might hang around. Lesser players prolly cant just afford to hang around. you think next tournament. But then you also have to think the big players have other things going on. While for instance Venus went back to the states. she prolly had something endorsement wise/ clothing she worked on in the time off.

¤CharlDa¤
May 29th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Most canadians stayed in Europe, though when Val and Steph lost early, they decided to come back for a week. Depends on how many warm-ups you play.

Wiggly
May 30th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Well, many players are scheduling to play an ITF during RG's second week and they either play or withdraw due to good results or an injury.

Top 50 players might take a few days off to see the main sights of Paris and then move on to their next destination.

GeeTee
May 30th, 2010, 12:18 AM
They go shopping